Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-11-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Our secondary sucked going into this game and injuries made them worse. They played as well as you could've hoped for and the mental plays they make are reactionary...which are way easier to make mistakes on, unlike the offense who dictates plays. Also, you can't discredit the Jets offense so easily. They have one of the best OL's in the game and their weapons equal ours.

The offense is supposed to carry this team this year. That's where we invested our resources and picks at. That's where our leadership is. That's where we made our WORST mistakes. I'm not saying our defense didn't make mistakes, but they did their job applying pressure, getting turnovers and stuffing the run.
The Jets offensive weapons cannot touch ours. I dont what you're talking about there.

You said, all the mistakes came on offense, initially and that is just flat out wrong. Even if they're backups, they dont get a pass for making coverage mistakes. The defense did some good and they did some bad. I'm very happy with the run defense and the blitzing, but there is no denying the coverage problems we just saw, and they lead to points.

There were mistakes on both sides of the field. That said, there was a lot to be encouraged about as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Romo to CINN for Palmer.
That might be the only QB more stupid than Romo. No thanks.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is the same Romo as the one who fumbled the FG snap against Seattle. Nothing has changed. He fumbled on the goalline again today.

I hope Garrett learns now that he can't put the ball in Tony's hands. He must turn Tony into a bus driver and not a gun slinger.
He did that in 09, and we had a great year. I thought he was over that, but last year, he played like his old self before he was hurt and this year it's 08 all over again.

Coming into this game, I just wanted to be competitive, I figured a 31-20 loss with Romo getting beat up and our D looking like crap. This is so much worse. haha
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
That's not the point. They still surrendered the yards. That's what we had to work with, and they didnt play well in the 2nd half. So you can't really say the defense is without fault. There were plenty of mistakes made by the defense.

Once they heal up and become more entrenched in the system, they look like they should be fine.
Not saying they played well but given the circumstances....

Fact is the Cowboys lost because

1) Witten went pu**y and could have EASILY scored.
2) Romo went stupid and fumbled.
3) Romo got sloppy and threw a pass to a kid who was not playing hard.
4) Garrett does not understand how to close game out with his offense.

I also don't understand why Austin is not targeted 10-15 times per game.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, mistakes were made on both sides of the field but ultimately the defense came through for the team the last two drives the Jets had.

Also, ya'll are forgetting that we also couldn't convert a ******* 3rd and short on a goal line formation dive play.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No one is saying the defense played without fault. LOL.
The whole point to my post, was in response to you saying....

Quote:
This mistakes are everywhere.... ALL ON OFFENSE though and I didn't expect that.

Blocked punt.... WTF, I thought those were extinct.
I was just pointing out, that the defense did infact make a bunch mistakes as well, that's all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-11-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Jets offensive weapons cannot touch ours. I dont what you're talking about there.

You said, all the mistakes came on offense, initially and that is just flat out wrong. Even if they're backups, they dont get a pass for making coverage mistakes. The defense did some good and they did some bad. I'm very happy with the run defense and the blitzing, but there is no denying the coverage problems we just saw, and they lead to points.

There were mistakes on both sides of the field. That said, there was a lot to be encouraged about as well.
OK, the STUPIDEST mistakes came on offense. I stand corrected. LOL.

If Jerry is not gonna go out and invest in the defense properly, then this is EXACTLY what I expect. This is NOT what I expect from us on offense. The defense played as well as they could have.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:

I was just pointing out, that the defense did infact make a bunch mistakes as well, that's all.
I think you are making a point which is not important. Yes, D made mistakes but the reason we lost was Romo and Witten with a mix of Garrett. Period.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

God the Boys are a stupid team.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Yeah, and you just decided to skip the rest of my arguments because you wanted to glue in on some hyperbolic statement. Nice.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
God the Boys are a stupid team.
I fully expect a new contract extension for Tony Romo tomorrow.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, and you just decided to skip the rest of my arguments because you wanted to glue in on some hyperbolic statement. Nice.
Yeah, he was grabbing on to a point which was very minor indeed while ignoring the elephant in the room
Old 09-11-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
I fully expect a new contract extension for Tony Romo tomorrow.
He will a retire a Cowboy just like Witten and Ratliff. Great.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm not even worried...if anything, I'm more encouraged after seeing this game. The run defense looked fantastic, the pass blocking was solid, Romo was on point, all of one horrible pass (ugh), Dez is unstoppable (when healthy), Sean Lee really distinguished himself, Jenkins looked great (when he was playing), blitz was real solid for the majority of the game.

I never expected to win the game, before it started...so I'm not nearly as down as of all of you. Fully expect to roll over the Niners next week and just take it from there. It's week one, it's not the end of the world.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-11-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not even worried...if anything, I'm more encouraged after seeing this game. The run defense looked fantastic, the pass blocking was solid, Romo was on point, all of one horrible pass (ugh), Dez is unstoppable (when healthy), Sean Lee really distinguished himself, Jenkins looked great (when he was playing), blitz was real solid for the majority of the game.

I never expected to win the game, before it started...so I'm not nearly as down as of all of you. Fully expect to roll over the Niners next week and just take it from there. It's week one, it's not the end of the world.
I heard this last year too but the problem is stupid play has a way of never going away until the stupid players are sent away.

Anyone notice we had pretty clean OL play? Picked up the blitz OK. Anyone???? Why? We got rid of the stupid players.

Time for Tony to sit.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I heard this last year too but the problem is stupid play has a way of never going away until the stupid players are sent away.

Anyone notice we had pretty clean OL play? Picked up the blitz OK. Anyone???? Why? We got rid of the stupid players.

Time for Tony to sit.
Yea Moth, i'm usually with you....but the Boys drew me in on this one. I didn't expect to win this game whatsoever....but they played so well for 3 quarters and then it just came apart there at the end. In typical Cowboys fashion. This is the same QB/TE that drove Parcells to retire. It's comical, and depressing.

IT"S EXACTLY the same story as '09. Talented team that can't get out of it's own way. At least last year we can say the 'Boys just weren't that good, and we had a gang of overpriced, overaged players.

This hurts me more than any L last year because it's supposed to be "different", but it's Choice fumbling the ball before the half, and a holding penalty negating a TD all over again.

Just dumb football.

Offensive PI on Witten? hahahaha Come one man. How dumb can you get?

I wouldn't go so far to sit tony, but Garrett needs to MANAGE him. He needs to be under JG's thumb at every single point of the game. Otherwise he goes Gomer Pile on us.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Also, not one penalty on the Jets. So the REFs called it one way and they were holding plenty including hands to the face at least 4-5 times I saw.

Another thing that kills me, Folk could not reach the 20 kicking off for the Cowboys. Now he is kicking it out of the end zone???? WTF?

Last edited by yanksknicks : 09-11-2011 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea I'm pretty much done defending Romo, the guys just chokes in tight games. It's happened too many times now for it to be coincidence. He might make some 'wow' plays from time to time but at the end of the day he's going to lose you the game in crunchtime with a boneheaded play.

We should have won tonight, I don't care if the Jets were favored, our team outplayed them. Romo gave the game away with those 2 turnovers.

And Dez needs to stop getting nicked up all the time, he has the ability to be the most dominant offensive player in the league if he can just stay healthy. It's extremely disappointing watching him gimp around out there.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-11-2011 at 11:36 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
How do you figure that? I mentioned the fact that you thought the Jets weapons equaled ours...which is a ridiculous statement. And mistakes are mistakes...they all hurt the team. Your initial statement wasnt even clear...because you never said that most or our biggest mistakes came on offense...you said all. And I said you were wrong, and gave examples as to why.

This is a stupid "argument" here in general...because all I was pertaining to was your first comment about ALL the mistakes coming on offense. Not trying to make you look bad...I just saw a statement that wasnt true, if meant to be taking literally, and explained how the defense had made mistakes as well. Oy Vey.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-12-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Tony should be benched next week. Period. That kind of crap should never happen.

Tony Loser on Team Stupid. Want to get rid of dumb, get rid of Tony.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 09-11-2011 at 11:41 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Yea Moth, i'm usually with you....but the Boys drew me in on this one. I didn't expect to win this game whatsoever....but they played so well for 3 quarters and then it just came apart there at the end. In typical Cowboys fashion. This is the same QB/TE that drove Parcells to retire. It's comical, and depressing.

IT"S EXACTLY the same story as '09. Talented team that can't get out of it's own way. At least last year we can say the 'Boys just weren't that good, and we had a gang of overpriced, overaged players.

This hurts me more than any L last year because it's supposed to be "different", but it's Choice fumbling the ball before the half, and a holding penalty negating a TD all over again.

Just dumb football.

Offensive PI on Witten? hahahaha Come one man. How dumb can you get?

I wouldn't go so far to sit tony, but Garrett needs to MANAGE him. He needs to be under JG's thumb at every single point of the game. Otherwise he goes Gomer Pile on us.
I'm just not that invested in the loss. I thought our line would look worse, I thought our run defense would look worse. There are positives to take from this game. Yeah it sucks to lose, but when you didnt expect to win before it, I can handle it. They performed better than I thought they would in specific areas, and that gives me a sense of confidence heading forward. That's just my personal mentality, though. If I had these lofty pre game or season expectations...I'd be breaking **** right now. It was on us...but we still lost to a pretty damn good team. We may see the same mistakes, but I still think they can be corrected.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-11-2011 at 11:42 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:47 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
. We may see the same mistakes, but I still think they can be corrected.
I guess this is the point here. It's different to see mistakes out of younger players. The 3rd and 4th string CB's making mistakes...I'll take that. The young OL making mistakes and giving up a sack or two...I'll take that. Hell the punt block was a HUGE mistake by albright, but I'd like to think he'll never make it again, it's just inexperience...But when the mistakes seem to come down every other week for the past 5-6 seasons, from the same players.

Are they really correctable. How many times have we heard Romo say, it's his fault..he's got to get better. He's a vet on this team, he's the leader of this team, yet he's still making the same mistakes Parcells used to scream at him about.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

oh, and more bad news..

Quote:
ToddHebert: Jerry Jones just said scandrick has a fracture or High ankle sprain and is out at least 3 weeks.
Old 09-11-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Bonzai
Rookie

Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.Bonzai is a cocksman.

Okay, obviously there were stupid mistakes but I think in the grand scope of things we got a pretty stinkin good team.

I wanted to talk about the bright spots that are overlooked with all the other stuff.

First off, Sean Lee. WOW. I looked on NFL.com and it says 11 tackles, and when the team reviews tape he will probably get more. He was everywhere, it did not matter where the play was. Sean Lee plays his ass off. Then he goes and gets a INT reminiscent of the Indianapolis game. This guy just turned Keith Brooking into a mentor for the rest of the season.

John Phillips also showed that he belongs in there. He had a lot of great blocks and catches and was just a great addition to the offense out there.

The defensive line looked the best it ever has. I really like Lissemore in there and Coleman was wreaking havoc as well. Ware was dominant as usual and if he didnt get doubled or tripled every play he would have 10 sacks a game.

I didnt pay attention too closely but it looks like every member of the Oline played really good. They actually gave Romo so much time that he ended up diving into the ground anticipating a hit because he's not used to that much time.

The WRs are just nasty and I think they spoke for themselves. We may easily have the best starting duo in the league. Dez is a freak and I think he makes people think Miles is a 2nd WR, but then Miles comes out and shows us how he got to where he is. Ogletree even made some good catches and took Revis to school.

While the penalties came at bad times, last time i saw the numbers were relatively lower than they have been. That is with absolutely garbage calls(Witten Offensive Pass Intereference, PLEASE) and what appeared to be a effort on the refs part to give NY their win so they can "heal" on the anniversary of 9/11.
Bonzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 11:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I guess this is the point here. It's different to see mistakes out of younger players. The 3rd and 4th string CB's making mistakes...I'll take that. The young OL making mistakes and giving up a sack or two...I'll take that. Hell the punt block was a HUGE mistake by albright, but I'd like to think he'll never make it again, it's just inexperience...But when the mistakes seem to come down every other week for the past 5-6 seasons, from the same players.

Are they really correctable. How many times have we heard Romo say, it's his fault..he's got to get better. He's a vet on this team, he's the leader of this team, yet he's still making the same mistakes Parcells used to scream at him about.
If they think it's a problem...then dont put him in these situations. Maybe try pounding the rock at the goaline. At worst, you're pretty much guaranteed 3 points, in a game where you're already leading. Garrett has been mismanaging goaline situations for years, it hasnt been a secret or anything. How many times have we criticized his red zone and goaline playcalling on here? It's just that pass first mentality he has down there, and it's just something I dont like about him. I never want to see this team in shotgun at the goaline. Never. But that's just me.

Most of the time...we wouldnt even be in these games, without Romo's play in the first place. I refuse to give up on the guy, because his talent is near the top of the league. I just hope he figures it out, because who knows the next time Dallas will have a QB this talented? Look how long it took for us to replace Aikman.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-12-2011 at 12:00 AM.