Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-12-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai View Post
Okay, obviously there were stupid mistakes but I think in the grand scope of things we got a pretty stinkin good team.

I wanted to talk about the bright spots that are overlooked with all the other stuff.

First off, Sean Lee. WOW. I looked on NFL.com and it says 11 tackles, and when the team reviews tape he will probably get more. He was everywhere, it did not matter where the play was. Sean Lee plays his ass off. Then he goes and gets a INT reminiscent of the Indianapolis game. This guy just turned Keith Brooking into a mentor for the rest of the season.

John Phillips also showed that he belongs in there. He had a lot of great blocks and catches and was just a great addition to the offense out there.

The defensive line looked the best it ever has. I really like Lissemore in there and Coleman was wreaking havoc as well. Ware was dominant as usual and if he didnt get doubled or tripled every play he would have 10 sacks a game.

I didnt pay attention too closely but it looks like every member of the Oline played really good. They actually gave Romo so much time that he ended up diving into the ground anticipating a hit because he's not used to that much time.

The WRs are just nasty and I think they spoke for themselves. We may easily have the best starting duo in the league. Dez is a freak and I think he makes people think Miles is a 2nd WR, but then Miles comes out and shows us how he got to where he is. Ogletree even made some good catches and took Revis to school.

While the penalties came at bad times, last time i saw the numbers were relatively lower than they have been. That is with absolutely garbage calls(Witten Offensive Pass Intereference, PLEASE) and what appeared to be a effort on the refs part to give NY their win so they can "heal" on the anniversary of 9/11.
According to team tape...he'll probably have like 25 tackles. Dallas always go overboard with that stuff. But yeah, he was impressive. And he was all over the field. Couldnt cover LT for ****, but it's not like we had anyone else who could either. I'm very excited to see where he goes from here. Beasted tonight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:00 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
If they think it's a problem...then dont put him in these situations. Maybe try pounding the rock at the goaline. At worst, you're pretty much guaranteed 3 points, in a game where you're already leading. Garrett has been mismanaging goaline situations for years, it hasnt been a secret or anything. How many times have we criticized his red zone and goaline playcalling on here? It's just that pass first mentality he has down there, and it's just something I dont like about him. I never want to see this team in shotgun at the goaline. Never.

Most of the time...we wouldnt even be in these games, without Romo's play in the first place. I refuse to give up on the guy, because his talent is near the top of the league. I just hope he figures it out, because who knows the next time Dallas will have a QB this talented? Look how long it took for us to replace Aikman.
Obviously I'm focusing on Romo's play. I've already(I think I did here) took JG to task for not running the ball on the goal line. Romo's pass to Witten was right on the money, and got us in that position to score. Beautiful play call...Witten's got to finish, and JG has to be smarter...

But after that...then what? I was actually telling a friend that Romo seemed to be playing real "sissy like" in the 1st when the rush was coming. Seemed like he'd fall on the ball at any hint of pressure....Yet when the game is on the line he wants to dive into a crowd of green jerseys with the ball barely tucked.

I won't even bring up the Interception.

Quote:
Romo's gaffe has almost become predictable. As with far too many of his others, it came on first down, when a force was unnecessary. Think of his similar pick in the Chargers pre-season game three weeks ago. Think of the similar picks he made in a Giants loss that opened Cowboys stadium two seasons ago. This is the bad Romo. The contrite Romo. And yet, the enduring Romo.
It's just boneheaded mistakes, over and over and over..

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 09-12-2011 at 01:05 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Yea I'm pretty much done defending Romo, the guys just chokes in tight games. It's happened too many times now for it to be coincidence. He might make some 'wow' plays from time to time but at the end of the day he's going to lose you the game in crunchtime with a boneheaded play.

We should have won tonight, I don't care if the Jets were favored, our team outplayed them. Romo gave the game away with those 2 turnovers.

And Dez needs to stop getting nicked up all the time, he has the ability to be the most dominant offensive player in the league if he can just stay healthy. It's extremely disappointing watching him gimp around out there.
He really doesn't make wow plays. His WRs make wow plays.

He makes throws that most avg NFL QBs are capable of making. His decision making is not good.

There are worst QBs, but this guy is a joke in crunch situations. The INT highlighted his ridiculous carelessness, but the fumble was worse. All we needed was a FG.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You'd still like to see him have faith in short yardage situations at the goal line. It's not like he even tries them. Passing three times in a row is just silly.
Ya because running it on 3rd and 1 at the end of the game worked so well for us....we haven't had a Ol that can win at the POA in a few years...pretty bad when unbalanced line can't even get a push. We don't run in goal line because we see time and time again our inability to succeed over the course of the game. Goal line just gets magnified because it directly leads to points. I'm sick of watching us not be able to get one yard because of our lack of execution.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may sound delusional to some, who have their minds made up about the guy...but I'm not worried about Romo. If he was going to do this (the INT), it happened at maybe the best point in the season, during week one.

Tony works hard, he puts in the work and is a film rat. This is obviously going to eat at him all week long. And you've heard it before, but I do expect him to get better from it, especially with this coming in week one. He looked amazingly sharp for someone who has missed as much football as he has this past year, and the guy has improved a lot over the years. I still have a **** ton of confidence in him. And perhaps Garrett will re-think his goaline strategies after that fumble as well.

As for something else...it figures that as soon as one corner is on schedule to return (Newman), we lose one. (Scandrick) Pretty ridiculous. At a position with zero depth, no less. This used to happen to us at corner, back in the day. Cant keep any of them on the field. I still cant believe Church was forced to play nickel corner. May want to drop one of those luxury guys (4 RB, 6 WRs, 4 TEs) and add a corner, because this current situation really sucks.

At the very least...for being banged up, in and out, and not practing for a long ass time, Jenkins looked great. A lot more like sophomore year Jenkins. Still way too early to say he's back to form, but for missing all that time, he played surprisingly well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-12-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Ya because running it on 3rd and 1 at the end of the game worked so well for us....we haven't had a Ol that can win at the POA in a few years...pretty bad when unbalanced line can't even get a push. We don't run in goal line because we see time and time again our inability to succeed over the course of the game. Goal line just gets magnified because it directly leads to points. I'm sick of watching us not be able to get one yard because of our lack of execution.
We ran a toss in with Felix, no problem for a TD today at the goaline. Could have dialed that right back up, you have a young, athletic o-line. Garrett is way too pass friendly at the goaline. Everyone talks about us getting stopped in short yardage situations, but it's not like we even try them at the goaline. Might want to actually try to pound one in, before you go abandoning it. Conventional playcallers will sometimes attempt three straight runs down there, we would never do that. It's a higher percentage play. I just dont like his mentality down there. Regardless of O-line play, it has always been his "style" to throw it in, rather than run it in. And I personally, dont agree with that mentality.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-12-2011 at 01:57 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:05 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We ran a toss in with Felix, no problem for a TD today at the goaline. Could have dialed that right back up, you have a young, athletic o-line. Garrett is way too pass friendly at the goaline. Everyone talks about us getting stopped in short yardage situations, but it's not like we even try them at the goaline. Might want to actually try to pound one in, before you go abandoning it. Conventional playcallers will sometimes attempt three straight runs down there, we would never do that. It's a higher percentage play. I just dont like his mentality down there. Regardless of O-line play, it has always been his "style" to throw it in, rather than run it in. And I personally, dont agree with that mentality.
Yeah, those are the types of short yardage plays we can only run. We don't have a beefy OL or strong power backs. What we have is a mobile OL and RBs who do well in space. I'd like to see more of that. Kinda sad though that we need to run 10 yards sideways to gain 1 yard forward. hah ha.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I may sound delusional to some, who have their minds made up about the guy...but I'm not worried about Romo. If he was going to do this (the INT), it happened at maybe the best point in the season, during week one.

Tony works hard, he puts in the work and is a film rat. This is obviously going to eat at him all week long. And you've heard it before, but I do expect him to get better from it, especially with this coming in week one. He looked amazingly sharp for someone who has missed as much football as he has this past year, and the guy has improved a lot over the years. I still have a **** ton of confidence in him. And perhaps Garrett will re-think his goaline strategies after that fumble as well.

As for something else...it figures that as soon as one corner is on schedule to return (Newman), we lose one. (Scandrick) Pretty ridiculous. At a position with zero depth, no less. This used to happen to us at corner, back in the day. Cant keep any of them on the field. I still cant believe Church was forced to play nickel corner. May want to drop one of those luxury guys (4 RB, 6 WRs, 4 TEs) and a corner, because this current situation really sucks.

At the very least...for being banged up, in and out, and not practing for a long ass time, Jenkins looked great. A lot more like sophomore year Jenkins. Still way too early to say he's back to form, but for missing all that time, he played surprisingly well.
Good point about Jenkins. I feel the same way.

I'm super pissed at Tony today. I used to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he has shown no improvement. I'm losing faith in him fast.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:11 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

My wife just tells me...

"Oh well, that's your team. Sad thing is, you'll be cheering for them next week."

Sad, but true. lol
Old 09-12-2011, 03:38 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that most of this blame needs to be shouldered by Romo and his carelessness with the football, but calling for his head and asking to play Jon Kitna is ridiculous, lol. He wouldn't have been able to make half the throws Romo did in tonight's game, and we sure as hell wouldn't have had a chance to win. Throughout the years he has gotten better at not wanting to force things so often, but as soon as the game started getting tighter, he wanted the home run instead of the opposite field single and he struck out. For 3.5 quarters he played pretty damn well, i'm sure Garrett and the coaching staff will work on figuring out a way to keep him from choking himself again.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:01 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If there is one thing that may become a bit of a problem with Tony...it may be the fact that he may start to tunnel into Dez too much. We saw some of this yesterday. It's tempting when you have someone that talented over there, but he's just got to remember he's got plenty of other options. You dont need to force feed it to him, especially if he's hobbling around out there.

That said, he still hit 8 different receivers...but I'm more talking about close games like this, down the stretch.

As for that pick...something also could be said for their overall chemsitry right now. (Dez/Romo) They havent had many of these situation together. This is actually only their 7th regular season game together because of Tony's injury. They obviously werent on the same page on that INT. I still wont discredit the throw, because it looked ugly...but Romo and Dez def. werent thinking the same thing there.

Against popular belief...the sky actually isnt falling. I'm more excited moving onto the next one. Funny I start to jump on the bangwagon a bit after this loss, but I was wary of some things and Dallas for one game at least, answered a few of those questions. (Namely the pass protection and rush defense) Not crowning either unit just yet, but they each did exactly what you want to see them do.

If we lose to the Niners...you guys can all jump off a bridge, if you so feel the need. But I think we should all be a little encouraged by a very young team's play, heading into a game against a lousy San Fran team.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-12-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That game was the best way to lose for this team. It was a collective loss..

OFF: Romo - TERRIBLE throw. Not blaming him for the fumble getting the ball kneed when in shotgun formation on the goal line isn't something to predict. That was all on Garrett. Up by 7 and controlling the game. Run. The. Damn. Ball. If Bryant was injured enough to not run 100% he shouldn't be on the field. That half run, half jog thing reminded me of Jenkins not trying to tackle last year.

DEF: played well but gave up WAY to many easy looks. EXCELLENT pressure despite the massive amounts of uncalled holds for both D. Ware and Spencer (surprisingly).

ST: Once again our weakness. Gunners looked good and even our kicking game looked solid. Punt blocking? The one guy on the field we need to account for and he goes untouched for a block. Major game changing play that should NEVER happen. I hate to say it but McBriar should of been able to adjust and pooch it.

We take the film and IMHO undeserved loss and build on it. Garrett needs to stop out-thinking himself and call a better game. Rob Ryan's scheme fits us well even when we are starting our 4th string corners.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:23 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After having a chance to sleep it off...Still a bad decision by Tony....but he should've never been in that position. Run the ball JG...run the ball.

Really worried about our CB's...I think we have something special here defensively if we can get them all on the field.

Oh and say it with me......3 times.

Sean Lee
Sean Lee
Sean Lee

When him and Bruce Carter are wreaking havoc on offenses next year it's going to be a beautiful thing!
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:37 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Danny Mccray is ridiculously good on ST. Just thought I'd add that.

Also, even his nickel back snaps aside...anyone actually notice how much Barry Church actually played? A great deal of the time, we had him in at LB with Sean Lee. Bradie James snaps really took a hit last night, and I dont think he even had a tackle.

Saw Vic Butler play more end than LB it seemed, too. I wish we saw a little more of him, Spencer wasnt bad, though. I like the subs, at least...it's something different. No reason for this defense to get tired. All the DL played, Mccray got in there, even Albright got in there. I think all our defensive players played a real snap on the defense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-12-2011 at 08:41 AM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He really doesn't make wow plays. His WRs make wow plays.

He makes throws that most avg NFL QBs are capable of making. His decision making is not good.

There are worst QBs, but this guy is a joke in crunch situations. The INT highlighted his ridiculous carelessness, but the fumble was worse. All we needed was a FG.
Okay, I'm as pissed at Tony as anyone, but this is simply not true. Romo does make some amazing throws. He does things sometimes that nobody in the league does.

But there's no question this one is on him.

My hope is that he will use this like he did after the first game in 09 against the Giants. If you remember, he threw like 3 picks and lost that game. The rest of the season he went on to throw only like 6 INTs the rest of the season and had a great year.

Those calling for him to be benched, so you ready to completely give up on the season after one game? Good grief. It's one thing to be frustrated, which I am, but it's another to be irrational.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:01 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Romo's issue is not that he does not play the part of an excellent QB. It is that he is prone to making the most fundamentally, stupid mistakes at key moments which cost you 2/3/4 games per year. He also tends to make these horrid mistakes versus very good teams which is indicative of pressure getting to him.

Tony Romo is Mr Second Place. He is the baseball player from Bruce Springsteen's Glory Days. Runner up Mr Wisconsin BB. The dude who at your High School reunion is living in minor past glories from Senior Year but is obviously a failure at life.

Tony is not lucky that he has talent. He has that in spades. Tony is lucky Parcells thought he could manage the loser out of him. Parcells is long gone and so are Payton and Lee.

To borrow a funny phrase from a Quentin Tarrantino movie -- he is a mexican't, not a mexican.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 09-12-2011 at 10:03 AM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, I bit my tounge last night because I have been the biggest Romo hater on here for the past few years but he is our guy so I let stuff go when he makes bonehead mistakes.

I find it funny how he makes a mistake at the end of the game and all of a sudden it appears everyone is jumping off the Tony Romo bandwagon and calling for the guy's head. This loss isn't his fault despite how much you all want to blame him. Yes, he made a mistake that ended up leading to the final score of the game and yes he fumbled at the goalline but I think we are missing the bigger picture here.

I have been playing football for numerous years and every single coach I have played for talks about how if you get a punt blocked you lose the game about 80% of the time.... Let that sink in for a second.... Now realize that if you get a punt blocked AND they score a TD on the block you lose 92% of the time....If there is anyone to blame it is our Punt team and I don't even think it was the coordinators fault, I'm pretty sure our PP (I think it was Holley) called the wrong protection or whoever was at the RT spot blocked wrong as after watching the replay a few times everyone blocked down except for whoever that was.

The blame also falls on Garrett for passing the ball on the goalline, your up by a score, whether you get in or not you run the ball and try to get 3 points if nothing else. Romo did what all of you have loved about him, he tried to make a play when he had nothing to help him, he fumbled, that happens when you get hit from behind. We cut Marion Barber (OUR GOALLINE GUY) with the thought that Choice could do that......Why don't we give him the dang ball?

Our Defense played amazing especially if you consider the injuries to the secondary. We had the Jets looking like Chicken's with their heads cut off until we lost Jenkins and Scandrick and then we had to play conservative, that is when they started picking us apart, Marc Sanchez gets paid a lot of money because he can pick you apart if he has time.

I think we need to go out and find a Corner on the market especially if Scandrick is really going to miss 3-4 weeks, I like McCann as much as anyone but having McCann, Ball and Church as our 3 corners is asking for someone to beat us. I don't care if it is a practice squad guy from somewhere just for a couple weeks. We need someone.

On a happier note..... We were 2 of 2 in FGs so congratulations Dan Bailey you may have the job seeing as Buehler struggles with his kickoffs lately.

Just my 2 Cents, feel free to continue hopping off the Romo train because he had one bad game....I've been saying it for years, he is a great QB but he crumbles with the game on the line.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Okay, I'm as pissed at Tony as anyone, but this is simply not true. Romo does make some amazing throws. He does things sometimes that nobody in the league does.

But there's no question this one is on him.

My hope is that he will use this like he did after the first game in 09 against the Giants. If you remember, he threw like 3 picks and lost that game. The rest of the season he went on to throw only like 6 INTs the rest of the season and had a great year.

Those calling for him to be benched, so you ready to completely give up on the season after one game? Good grief. It's one thing to be frustrated, which I am, but it's another to be irrational.
I highly doubt we are even close in that game with Kitna at the helm much less Stephen McGee....

People want to blame someone and Romo is the easy target when we should be blaming whoever messed up on that blocking scheme that got the punt blocked.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The strength of this offense, like it or not is the passing game. We have very good WRs, an All Pro TE and a Pro Bowl QB. Our track record with the short yardage game is pathetic at best. Garrett called a play that played to the strength of the team. The QB blew it. Period. And this isn't the first time. Nor will it be the last.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
I haven't been this upset over a loss since the Seattle playoff loss. With Wade, you sort of expected this crap but....
Well that loss was Parcells, not Wade.
It happened with Wade, before Wade, and now after Wade.
It's always Romo, amazingly. And I like the guy. But he keeps pulling playoff-Favre's late in big games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dez was equally as horrible after his run ended in the 1st quarter. His effort was ZERO. That's a fact. He played like a lazy WR.
No doubt about that. If he was that injured, then he should have been pure decoy. Jets still stuck Revis on him, so you need to go to Austin and the TE and RB then, not Dez. Blame Dez, the coach, and Romo for still forcing it to the gimpy/lazy/tired Dez.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
And Witten for not running over Leonard but trying to tip toe in. Dear god. 260 versus 185.
These are the small things that matter.
Bingo. Not even "small thing", but somehow Witten didn't get hammered in the media for this, which IMO is far worse than Romo's attempt to score in which he was stripped. At least he laid it out on the line, risked a big shot. I lost respect for Witten there. You HAVE to score. HAVE to. I can remember a Packers playoff loss in 2003 at Philly when Ahman had a long run and should have scored, but Dawkins got him down the same way short of the goalline. Packers ended up getting stuffed on 4th & goal final play of first half, ended up losing the game and season in OT. You HAVE to get in on those types of plays.

Dallas will bounce back, unlike last year when they collapsed in Washington week 1 on NBC.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Cowboys View Post
I highly doubt we are even close in that game with Kitna at the helm much less Stephen McGee....
No doubt. 100% correct.

Quote:
People want to blame someone and Romo is the easy target when we should be blaming whoever messed up on that blocking scheme that got the punt blocked.
I agree that the punt block was the key play in the game.

I actually think the worst play Tony made was trying to score and fumbling. That took points off the board. That's a play you have to throw it away and go to the next play. That one hurt more than the INT, imo.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to say after watching some of the replays from last night I believe as long as Dez can stay healthy we will win multiple superbowls. He's the closest thing to unstoppable as I've seen in the NFL, he's just better than everyone else on the field.

I get so disappointed when he goes down with an injury because I know he has the ability to take over a game by himself when healthy, like 200+ yards a game dominance, things we've never seen before on an NFL stage.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it's all said and done it's going to be funny thinking back to the reaction to this game. Dallas has a very good team that played a well coached game. JG and Rob did very well last night.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I just want to say after watching some of the replays from last night I believe as long as Dez can stay healthy we will win multiple superbowls. He's the closest thing to unstoppable as I've seen in the NFL, he's just better than everyone else on the field.

I get so disappointed when he goes down with an injury because I know he has the ability to take over a game by himself when healthy, like 200+ yards a game dominance, things we've never seen before on an NFL stage.
Dear god. How can you think this in a rational world?

A WR?
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If there is one thing that may become a bit of a problem with Tony...it may be the fact that he may start to tunnel into Dez too much. We saw some of this yesterday. It's tempting when you have someone that talented over there, but he's just got to remember he's got plenty of other options. You dont need to force feed it to him, especially if he's hobbling around out there.

That said, he still hit 8 different receivers...but I'm more talking about close games like this, down the stretch.

As for that pick...something also could be said for their overall chemsitry right now. (Dez/Romo) They havent had many of these situation together. This is actually only their 7th regular season game together because of Tony's injury. They obviously werent on the same page on that INT. I still wont discredit the throw, because it looked ugly...but Romo and Dez def. werent thinking the same thing there.

Against popular belief...the sky actually isnt falling. I'm more excited moving onto the next one. Funny I start to jump on the bangwagon a bit after this loss, but I was wary of some things and Dallas for one game at least, answered a few of those questions. (Namely the pass protection and rush defense) Not crowning either unit just yet, but they each did exactly what you want to see them do.

If we lose to the Niners...you guys can all jump off a bridge, if you so feel the need. But I think we should all be a little encouraged by a very young team's play, heading into a game against a lousy San Fran team.
Yeah, I don't think we can start to build any trends based off this game. This team typically seems to change week to week anyways.

I know you didn't think we'd beat the Jets, but expecting us to beat the 9ers isn't an automatic by any means. A win would be a good win.