Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-12-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well D, I'm all in against the Niners. If we lose to them, we have some problems. I dont expect a close game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
After having a chance to sleep it off...Still a bad decision by Tony....but he should've never been in that position. Run the ball JG...run the ball.

Really worried about our CB's...I think we have something special here defensively if we can get them all on the field.

Oh and say it with me......3 times.

Sean Lee
Sean Lee
Sean Lee

When him and Bruce Carter are wreaking havoc on offenses next year it's going to be a beautiful thing!
Yes, JG is a stubborn muther who refuses to trust the run in the redzone.

The Felix TD after the Lee INT was run to perfection. We NEED to take angles like that in short yardage situations. We just don't have the size/power to beat up on a team like the Jets mano a mano and run straight ahead.

Sean Lee!
Sean Lee!
Sean Lee!

Bruce Carter??? Next year??? GTFO. lol. What a waste of a 2nd rounder.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well D, I'm all in against the Niners. If we lose to them, we have some problems. I dont expect a close game.
Don't get me wrong. I expect to win, but I don't think it's right to talk about them as if they are a lousy team.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Don't get me wrong. I expect to win, but I don't think it's right to talk about them as if they are a lousy team.
If you say so...but they really dont look like they're going to be any good at all. They should be overmatched in this game, for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-12-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Danny Mccray is ridiculously good on ST. Just thought I'd add that.

Also, even his nickel back snaps aside...anyone actually notice how much Barry Church actually played? A great deal of the time, we had him in at LB with Sean Lee. Bradie James snaps really took a hit last night, and I dont think he even had a tackle.

Saw Vic Butler play more end than LB it seemed, too. I wish we saw a little more of him, Spencer wasnt bad, though. I like the subs, at least...it's something different. No reason for this defense to get tired. All the DL played, Mccray got in there, even Albright got in there. I think all our defensive players played a real snap on the defense.
I was proud of our front 7 yesterday. ...and I didn't notice what you just pointed out about Bradie's snaps being low. I knew Brooking's snaps took a hit because of Lee. But didn't notice that about Bradie. Bradie was a beast in the preseason, so I thought Rob's defense was going to lead to him having a big year. This is an interesting development. If our front 7 continues to do this well without Bradie... hmm....

As for the subs, keeping people fresh, and putting our best players in position to succeed.... Rob is really proving to be a defensive guru. Ware blitzing from the middle was a thing of genius. Brilliant call. Loved seeing Sensy on a safety blitz. If we had strong, healthy corners I'm sure we would've seen some CB blitz packages too.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The Felix TD after the Lee INT was run to perfection. We NEED to take angles like that in short yardage situations. We just don't have the size/power to beat up on a team like the Jets mano a mano and run straight ahead.

Sean Lee!
Sean Lee!
Sean Lee!

Don't go to sleep on Bruce Carter.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the fact that Lee is turning out well, they should get the benefit of the doubt on Carter. Let's see him play first.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-12-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was anyone else, like me, expecting the game to end exactly the way it did? Seriously, by the time we were up 14 late, I was watching the game with my friend who is a die hard Niner fan, and I remember saying out loud "it's funny that I'm letting myself get excited because were still gonna find a way to lose this game. We always do, always will, we have a knack for losing games that way."

Yet sure enough it unfolded exactly like that. We find ways to lose games. Romo will shred a defense up for 3 quarters better then anyone you've seen, but in the 4th we do the dumbest things you ever see. It looked like a Wade Phillips coached team.

Penalty after penalty in a row, throwing picks, fumbles, all jammed into 1 quarter. It makes me wonder if we will be a team that struggles to hold the lead in games with our style of play. Our offensive line will never be good at squaring up and pushing to get 1 yard in goal line situations. It's something that could become a theme.

I'm just sick of seeing the same old Cowboys. The Romo flack is justified. There is absolutely no way a QB should be as good as he can for the first 3 quarters, then turn into a scrub in the 4th. He's supposed to get better then, not worse. I've just seen this story before with us too many times, very upset to show that another year in the books, and were still the same team that chokes games away.

The INT didn't even make sense. Even if Dez wasn't running, he was never open, Romo threw it right to Revis.

Also, how long did we plan on leaving Sean Lee on LT? Was there no scheme change we could do, or were we fine with the same crap on 3rd down to get a 1st down? This loss had nothing to do with our CB's, makes me sick that Rob Ryan called a brilliant game and we choked it away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:09 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Sean Lee!
Sean Lee!
Sean Lee!

He's probably one of the best athletes at ILB you'll ever see. Your a fool.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Don't go to sleep on Bruce Carter.
Don't worry, he won't wake me up until next year. Where as most other teams are getting more out of their 2nd rounders. ...and if we have to wait till next year, then hell... I'd be more for drafting Burfict than wondering if Carter is any good.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why trash Bruce Carter before you even see him play? We have a very smart ILB with Lee, and one with physical tools in Carter. Ideally they contrast eachother beautifully. I figured we would want to at least let him be healthy before trashing the pick. Him not being ready right now doesn't make it a bad pick.

Nice to know we have a find in Lee though, his instincts and smarts out there are amazing and they always help to put him in the right place. Also it's not brought up much but he's a VERY good athlete for the position. Lovin' what I'm seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
He's probably one of the best athletes at ILB you'll ever see. Your a fool.
I know you thought you were clever coming up with a new account and acting big and tough, but you gave yourself away the moment you told me to "shut up" in your 1st post on the forum with that account. You keep throwing out these personal insults and I'll ban you.

Oh and btw, it's "You're", not "Your". *shaking my head* ha ha ha.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Was anyone else, like me, expecting the game to end exactly the way it did? Seriously, by the time we were up 14 late, I was watching the game with my friend who is a die hard Niner fan, and I remember saying out loud "it's funny that I'm letting myself get excited because were still gonna find a way to lose this game. We always do, always will, we have a knack for losing games that way."

Yet sure enough it unfolded exactly like that. We find ways to lose games. Romo will shred a defense up for 3 quarters better then anyone you've seen, but in the 4th we do the dumbest things you ever see. It looked like a Wade Phillips coached team.

Penalty after penalty in a row, throwing picks, fumbles, all jammed into 1 quarter. It makes me wonder if we will be a team that struggles to hold the lead in games with our style of play. Our offensive line will never be good at squaring up and pushing to get 1 yard in goal line situations. It's something that could become a theme.

I'm just sick of seeing the same old Cowboys. The Romo flack is justified. There is absolutely no way a QB should be as good as he can for the first 3 quarters, then turn into a scrub in the 4th. He's supposed to get better then, not worse. I've just seen this story before with us too many times, very upset to show that another year in the books, and were still the same team that chokes games away.

The INT didn't even make sense. Even if Dez wasn't running, he was never open, Romo threw it right to Revis.

Also, how long did we plan on leaving Sean Lee on LT? Was there no scheme change we could do, or were we fine with the same crap on 3rd down to get a 1st down? This loss had nothing to do with our CB's, makes me sick that Rob Ryan called a brilliant game and we choked it away.
When Metsox made a response to someone saying, do you really expect the Jets to score 17 points with 10 minutes left? (when we were up by 14) I felt so tempted to respond to that, but I held my tongue. lol. I never feel safe with leads against good teams...that's not even just a Cowboy thing for me, though. South Carolina unravels at the end of games as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-12-2011, 02:23 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know you thought you were clever coming up with a new account and acting big and tough, but you gave yourself away the moment you told me to "shut up" in your 1st post on the forum with that account. You keep throwing out these personal insults and I'll ban you.

Oh and btw, it's "You're", not "Your". *shaking my head* ha ha ha.
Ok you ugly chink. Ban me, peace. Learn something about football before you speak. I don't care what your "rep" says.

Laterrrrr.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:32 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Dear god. How can you think this in a rational world?

A WR?
Yea a WR. As in, the most dangerous WR in the NFL. We saw Larry Fitzgerald dominate in the playoffs a few years ago to get his team to the Superbowl, and I project that Dez will be a bigger gamebreaker than Fitz. The things that he appears unstoppable at; run after the catch, the jump ball, etc. are qualities that directly relate to scoring points. He has the ability to score on any given touch and will win almost every jump ball battle. He's almost like a Randy Moss-Terrell Owens hybrid, he has the strengths of both of their games.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why trash Bruce Carter before you even see him play? We have a very smart ILB with Lee, and one with physical tools in Carter. Ideally they contrast eachother beautifully. I figured we would want to at least let him be healthy before trashing the pick. Him not being ready right now doesn't make it a bad pick.

Nice to know we have a find in Lee though, his instincts and smarts out there are amazing and they always help to put him in the right place. Also it's not brought up much but he's a VERY good athlete for the position. Lovin' what I'm seeing.
Because of the time it takes to see his ROI. Because I think ILB is one of those positions where I think rookies can make an immediate impact. Which makes the wait even worse. Because I think next year's ILB class is inifinitely better than Carter. Because he's undersized. Because I think our staff fell in love with his special teams abilities and overrated him. Because I don't think he's a 1st round talent that fell to Round 2. I always saw him as a Round 2 talent. Not like this is some talent like a Jerod Mayo who surprisingly fell in our laps. Because I think he's a 4-3 LB. Because his college stats are unspectacular. Because we passed on A TON of other guys who could be helping us right now. Because this reminds me of Jason Williams all over again. I could go on and on...

If he ends up being more than our nickel LB, I will be surprised.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When Metsox made a response to someone saying, do you really expect the Jets to score 17 points with 10 minutes left? (when we were up by 14) I felt so tempted to respond to that, but I held my tongue. lol. I never feel safe with leads against good teams...that's not even just a Cowboy thing for me, though. South Carolina unravels at the end of games as well.
I kicked myself after that, cause Plastico scored like two plays after i posted. Either way, i was referring to the spread, so if you got a last minute bet in, the Cowboys still won you money with the points, lol.

Also, did anyone else notice that Dez kinda hobbled up after his one punt return? I really think that's where things took a turn for the worse for him.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I kicked myself after that, cause Plastico scored like two plays after i posted. Either way, i was referring to the spread, so if you got a last minute bet in, the Cowboys still won you money with the points, lol.

Also, did anyone else notice that Dez kinda hobbled up after his one punt return? I really think that's where things took a turn for the worse for him.
Yeah, they said he got hurt on that 1st quarter punt return, and he battled cramps all game, that's why he was in and out so much. Got an IV and all that good stuff. He has a bruised thigh. He'll be fine, but the nagging injuries are incredibly disappointing for Dez right now. He is never at full health.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-12-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, after seeing my first full Rob Ryan game I think Carter is the perfect ILB for this defense. Versatility is invaluable in this scheme because it's all about confusion, and Carter has the athletic ability to do whatever it is you ask of him. Blitzing, coverage, heck you could probably line Carter up at safety to confuse teams and even let him play deep middle from time to time. He's a tremendous athlete and I kind of get the reasoning behind the pick now.

You kind of have to throw everything you know about the conventional 3-4 out the window with Rob, his D is nothing like that.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-12-2011 at 02:43 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Ok you ugly chink. Ban me, peace. Learn something about football before you speak. I don't care what your "rep" says.

Laterrrrr.
LOL. This doesn't even upset me. It only makes me laugh.

Don't worry, I won't ban you unless you bother other posters. I won't even infract you.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Honestly, after seeing my first full Rob Ryan game I think Carter is the perfect ILB for this defense. Versatility is invaluable in this scheme because it's all about confusion, and Carter has the athletic ability to do whatever it is you ask of him. Blitzing, coverage, heck you could probably line Carter up at safety to confuse teams and even let him play deep middle from time to time. He's a tremendous athlete and I kind of get the reasoning behind the pick now
What makes you think he's good in coverage? Line him up at Safety?

The dude has 0 pass deflections in 4 years at UNC. Did he try to do that? I mean even a terrible player could get at least one. Why do I hear people talking about how good of a coverage guy he is? Because of his 3 INTs in his entire college career? Jeez I hope not. That's relatively a pedestrian number... definitely not something to gloat about. Most solo tackles he's had in a season? 49. What a big wowzers, eh?. How many forced fumbles did he have in 4 years? 1. Does that sound like a playmaker to you?

If you love him so much, give me a reason to join you.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Because of the time it takes to see his ROI. Because I think ILB is one of those positions where I think rookies can make an immediate impact. Which makes the wait even worse. Because I think next year's ILB class is inifinitely better than Carter. Because he's undersized. Because I think our staff fell in love with his special teams abilities and overrated him. Because I don't think he's a 1st round talent that fell to Round 2. I always saw him as a Round 2 talent. Not like this is some talent like a Jerod Mayo who surprisingly fell in our laps. Because I think he's a 4-3 LB. Because his college stats are unspectacular. Because we passed on A TON of other guys who could be helping us right now. Because this reminds me of Jason Williams all over again. I could go on and on...

If he ends up being more than our nickel LB, I will be surprised.
Well, it's impossible to know at this point but I do think you're one comment about him being undersized is a bit misleading. This was a kid that was a QB/S prospect coming out of HS. He's still growing. I think it will be fairly easy for him to play around 240. He's less than 10lbs from Brooking's playing weight.

I also question your comment about his stats being unspectacular. What would you consider spectacular.

You mentioned the name Mayo; let's compare their college stats:

Mayo - In 36 games at Tennessee, Mayo started 24 contests. He recorded 236 tackles (137 solo) with six quarterback pressures, 6.5 sacks for minus-51 yards and 21 stops for losses of 82 yards. He recovered and caused a fumble, as he deflected three passes and intercepted another for a 34-yard touchdown return.

Carter - Carter started 44-of-49 games at strong-side outside linebacker for North Carolina...Recorded 215 tackles (145 solo) with 9.5 sacks (70 yards) and 24.0 tackles for loss (115 yards)...Caused and recovered a pair of fumbles...Deflected nine passes and gained 162 yards with two touchdowns on three interceptions...Blocked seven kicks (six punts, one field goal) and returned four blocked punts for a total of 31 yards (7.75 avg.)...Carter's seven total blocked kicks established a school career-record...His five blocked kicks in 2008 tied the Atlantic Coast Conference season-record...His three blocked punts vs. Connecticut in 2008 are one shy of the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision game-record of four...His two interception returns for touchdowns tied the school career-record.

Again, it remains to be seen if he amounts to anything and I agree that it would sure be nice if we had that 2nd round pick playing and contributing right now. But let's tap the breaks a bit.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-12-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, they said he got hurt on that 1st quarter punt return, and he battled cramps all game, that's why he was in and out so much. Got an IV and all that good stuff. He has a bruised thigh. He'll be fine, but the nagging injuries are incredibly disappointing for Dez right now. He is never at full health.
They really need to limit his touches on anything but route running. I get that he's a physical freak, but his playing style and body just don't mesh well. He's gonna be injury prone his whole life if we keep having him return punts, or running him on reverses, and it sure doesn't help that he refuses to be tackled. I mean, you love that in a player, but not when it's gonna put his health constantly at risk.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think the fact that Lee is turning out well, they should get the benefit of the doubt on Carter. Let's see him play first.
Lee definitely gets the game ball for yesterday. I admit I am faulting Carter for not being able to play right now.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well, it's impossible to know at this point but I do think you're one comment about him being undersized is a bit misleading. This was a kid that was a QB/S prospect coming out of HS. He's still growing. I think it will be fairly easy for him to play around 240. He's less than 10lbs from Brooking's playing weight.

I also question your comment about his stats being unspectacular. What would you consider spectacular.

You mentioned the name Mayo; let's compare their college stats:

Mayo - In 36 games at Tennessee, Mayo started 24 contests. He recorded 236 tackles (137 solo) with six quarterback pressures, 6.5 sacks for minus-51 yards and 21 stops for losses of 82 yards. He recovered and caused a fumble, as he deflected three passes and intercepted another for a 34-yard touchdown return.

Carter - Carter started 44-of-49 games at strong-side outside linebacker for North Carolina...Recorded 215 tackles (145 solo) with 9.5 sacks (70 yards) and 24.0 tackles for loss (115 yards)...Caused and recovered a pair of fumbles...Deflected nine passes and gained 162 yards with two touchdowns on three interceptions...Blocked seven kicks (six punts, one field goal) and returned four blocked punts for a total of 31 yards (7.75 avg.)...Carter's seven total blocked kicks established a school career-record...His five blocked kicks in 2008 tied the Atlantic Coast Conference season-record...His three blocked punts vs. Connecticut in 2008 are one shy of the NCAA Football Bowl Subdivision game-record of four...His two interception returns for touchdowns tied the school career-record.

Again, it remains to be seen if he amounts to anything and I agree that it would sure be nice if we had that 2nd round pick playing and contributing right now. But let's tap the breaks a bit.
If those stats are true, then that is somewhat uplifting. But it goes against this:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/...e/bruce-carter