Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-12-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
They really need to limit his touches on anything but route running. I get that he's a physical freak, but his playing style and body just don't mesh well. He's gonna be injury prone his whole life if we keep having him return punts, or running him on reverses, and it sure doesn't help that he refuses to be tackled. I mean, you love that in a player, but not when it's gonna put his health constantly at risk.
Yeah, I'm starting to agree. We should limit his punt returns unless we are down and really need a miracle.

Dwayne Harris did ok with his chances at returning kicks. Maybe put him in at all punts and Demarco Murray on kickoffs.

Gotta admit, I got a little excited when we saw Miles Austin back there at the end of the game. But that was definitely not what I'd like to see too often.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOVE that fact that some sportswriters are questioning the lack of penalties on the Jets while pointing out that Witten ran his route and was impeded hence not a 'pick'. We did our fair share to lose that game but having the cards stacked against you isn't right.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What makes you think he's good in coverage? Line him up at Safety?

The dude has 0 pass deflections in 4 years at UNC. Did he try to do that? I mean even a terrible player could get at least one. Why do I hear people talking about how good of a coverage guy he is? Because of his 3 INTs in his entire college career? Jeez I hope not. That's relatively a pedestrian number... definitely not something to gloat about. Most solo tackles he's had in a season? 49. What a big wowzers, eh?. How many forced fumbles did he have in 4 years? 1. Does that sound like a playmaker to you?

If you love him so much, give me a reason to join you.
I think he's good in coverage because every scouting report on him I saw had that down as a strength of his, I'm no expert so I'll trust that until I get to see him play here. I do know that his speed and athleticism was something that stood out to me when I did see him play. He closes in a hurry and is awfully fluid moving in space. Butch Davis had said that Carter might be the best LB he's ever coached so that's something else that excites me. I'm not in love with him, but I'm confident that he'll bring more speed and athleticism to the defense, which is probably why Rob wanted him. He's not your typical 3-4 ILB but like I said in my previous post we are not your typical 3-4 defense. Lets wait and see how it pans out before anointing him as Jason Williams 2.0
Old 09-12-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I LOVE that fact that some sportswriters are questioning the lack of penalties on the Jets while pointing out that Witten ran his route and was impeded hence not a 'pick'. We did our fair share to lose that game but having the cards stacked against you isn't right.
No kidding. You telling me that as physical as Reavis was all night, he didn't earn a flag or two?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I think he's good in coverage because every scouting report on him I saw had that down as a strength of his, I'm no expert so I'll trust that until I get to see him play here. I do know that his speed and athleticism was something that stood out to me when I did see him play. He closes in a hurry and is awfully fluid moving in space. Butch Davis had said that Carter might be the best LB he's ever coached so that's something else that excites me. I'm not in love with him, but I'm confident that he'll bring more speed and athleticism to the defense, which is probably why Rob wanted him. He's not your typical 3-4 ILB but like I said in my previous post we are not your typical 3-4 defense. Lets wait and see how it pans out before anointing him as Jason Williams 2.0
I wonder how much of a say Rob actually had. Was it... "I want you guys to draft Bruce Carter for me." or was it.. Rob, do you like Carter? "HELL yeah, I'll take any defensive guy you get me and we'll kick some ass! ROAAAR"
Old 09-12-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
No kidding. You telling me that as physical as Reavis was all night, he didn't earn a flag or two?
Not just Revis either. Cromartie was holding ALL GAME LONG. There were holds on the Jets OL that even Collinsworth pointed out should've been called against Ware.

This was a game that was gift wrapped by the NFL to the citizens of NYC.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Tony threw that pick on purpose...NFL conspiracy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Maybe Tony threw that pick on purpose...NFL conspiracy.
Nah, the refs weren't involved in that one.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Danny Mccray is ridiculously good on ST. Just thought I'd add that.
He's really starting to force us to take notice, huh.

Nice sack and FF off the blitz yesterday!
Old 09-12-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gotta hand it to Jenkins, played with a hyperextended knee and a sprained ac joint, sucks that he keeps getting banged up. But you gotta like that he kept coming back in there. And he played great, too. May be a while before the guy is actually 100%, but he's good to go against San Fran. Hopefully he'll keep playing well, he really didnt give up anything all night. Tight coverage and he stuck his nose in there for some solid tackles, despite the pain.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-12-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Gotta hand it to Jenkins, played with a hyperextended knee and a sprained ac joint, sucks that he keeps getting banged up. But you gotta like that he kept coming back in there. And he played great, too. May be a while before the guy is actually 100%, but he's good to go against San Fran. Hopefully he'll keep playing well, he really didnt give up anything all night. Tight coverage and he stuck his nose in there for some solid tackles, despite the pain.
Yeah, he shut down Plax. Once NY saw McCann on Plax, they threw to him like there was no tomorrow. McCann had that nice deflection, but gave up the TD on the next play. :(

Nice to see Jenkins show toughness. As if that neck tackle he made wasn't sore enough, that block Plax made on him was brutal, but he came back in the game anyways and shut him down again.
Old 09-12-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, JG is a stubborn muther who refuses to trust the run in the redzone.

The Felix TD after the Lee INT was run to perfection. We NEED to take angles like that in short yardage situations. We just don't have the size/power to beat up on a team like the Jets mano a mano and run straight ahead.

Sean Lee!
Sean Lee!
Sean Lee!

Bruce Carter??? Next year??? GTFO. lol. What a waste of a 2nd rounder.
He woulda been the only LB with the speed to stay with LT last night...LT killed us on 3rd downs. He hasn't stepped on the field yet...and yet you are already calling him a waste of our 2nd round pick? Please...just because it isn't the direction you wanted to go...doesn't mean you need to write off the pick before seeing any return on it. Makes you look childish.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We ran a toss in with Felix, no problem for a TD today at the goaline. Could have dialed that right back up, you have a young, athletic o-line. Garrett is way too pass friendly at the goaline. Everyone talks about us getting stopped in short yardage situations, but it's not like we even try them at the goaline. Might want to actually try to pound one in, before you go abandoning it. Conventional playcallers will sometimes attempt three straight runs down there, we would never do that. It's a higher percentage play. I just dont like his mentality down there. Regardless of O-line play, it has always been his "style" to throw it in, rather than run it in. And I personally, dont agree with that mentality.
If I'm not mistaken...didn't we try that same toss on 2nd down at the end of the game...only to have felix have to work back across the field just to get a single yard? Our team showed that we couldn't run the ball successfully in running situations. I don't blame Garrett for throwing the ball. I blame Romo for not making the right decision.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
REF mailed it in for the Jets no doubt.

How about simply calling "Hands to the face" versus Ware. Hunter had his grill in his hand all night.

But that is not why we lost so .....
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Proud of Dez, Witten and especially Brooking for sticking up for Romo in the loss. Glad this team is taking it better than I am.

For Romo's critics, the fourth-quarter meltdown added ammunition to the argument that he shrinks in the clutch.

Witten
"I think our confidence is even higher," tight end Jason Witten said. "I think everybody across the board has that same confidence in him. He has it in himself. Obviously a disappointing couple of plays, but that doesn't define who he is. We know what type of player he is. We'll get back on track. We've got all the confidence in the world in him."

Dez
Added receiver Dez Bryant: "I know the guys in this locker room wouldn't trade him for nothing. He's the best. He's the real deal. He is the real deal. We don't care what nobody say. As long as we know in this locker room who that guy is, that's the only thing that matters."

Brooking
"I don't know what you're talking about there," Brooking said with a strong hint of disgust in his voice. "Is that his rap? I mean, that's not the rap in this locker room. Who cares what everybody else thinks?

"I think it's important to be accountable. But we're all hard on ourselves after a tough loss. That wasn't Tony Romo's loss. He's not getting the blame. Even though he took the blame, he took the responsibility, that's not the way teams look at it, and that's not the way this team looks at it."

Though Brooking may have gone overboard with this one... lol.

"I'll take that guy over anybody in the league," veteran linebacker Keith Brooking said. "Y'all might thing I'm crazy, but he's going to have an all-time year. He's going to shatter every record."
Old 09-12-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Another athlete with mediocre production.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:02 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Proud of Dez, Witten and especially Brooking for sticking up for Romo in the loss. Glad this team is taking it better than I am.

For Romo's critics, the fourth-quarter meltdown added ammunition to the argument that he shrinks in the clutch.

Witten
"I think our confidence is even higher," tight end Jason Witten said. "I think everybody across the board has that same confidence in him. He has it in himself. Obviously a disappointing couple of plays, but that doesn't define who he is. We know what type of player he is. We'll get back on track. We've got all the confidence in the world in him."

Dez
Added receiver Dez Bryant: "I know the guys in this locker room wouldn't trade him for nothing. He's the best. He's the real deal. He is the real deal. We don't care what nobody say. As long as we know in this locker room who that guy is, that's the only thing that matters."

Brooking
"I don't know what you're talking about there," Brooking said with a strong hint of disgust in his voice. "Is that his rap? I mean, that's not the rap in this locker room. Who cares what everybody else thinks?

"I think it's important to be accountable. But we're all hard on ourselves after a tough loss. That wasn't Tony Romo's loss. He's not getting the blame. Even though he took the blame, he took the responsibility, that's not the way teams look at it, and that's not the way this team looks at it."

Though Brooking may have gone overboard with this one... lol.

"I'll take that guy over anybody in the league," veteran linebacker Keith Brooking said. "Y'all might thing I'm crazy, but he's going to have an all-time year. He's going to shatter every record."
Only record Tony has a chance at shattering is QB turnovers in a season.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
He woulda been the only LB with the speed to stay with LT last night...LT killed us on 3rd downs. He hasn't stepped on the field yet...and yet you are already calling him a waste of our 2nd round pick? Please...just because it isn't the direction you wanted to go...doesn't mean you need to write off the pick before seeing any return on it. Makes you look childish.
Childish??? I'm the one who paid for your food in Waikiki boyyyyy. Don't disrespect me even if you think right. I don't do that to you.

We can go over the woulda, couldas if he was actually playing, but the fact is we put ourselves in this situation by drafting a guy who can't play and prove his worth right now. 2nd round picks are too valuable. Guys didn't want to give it up to move up for Patrick Peterson. So let's realize the real value here.

...and yeah, as a nickel LB, I'd have him covering LT out of the backfield. Right where I think he belongs. Starter??? I know you guys want to crown him... but I'm waiting for the "Show me first". ...and if that makes me childish, then so be it. I'm waiting for the "show me first" on a lot of guys. Martellus, Costa, Nagy to name a few. Sorry, I don't just believe in guys just because they get drafted by my favorite team.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Childish??? I'm the one who paid for your food in Waikiki boyyyyy. Don't disrespect me even if you think right. I don't do that to you.

We can go over the woulda, couldas if he was actually playing, but the fact is we put ourselves in this situation by drafting a guy who can't play and prove his worth right now. 2nd round picks are too valuable. Guys didn't want to give it up to move up for Patrick Peterson. So let's realize the real value here.

...and yeah, as a nickel LB, I'd have him covering LT out of the backfield. Right where I think he belongs. Starter??? I know you guys want to crown him... but I'm waiting for the "Show me first". ...and if that makes me childish, then so be it. I'm waiting for the "show me first" on a lot of guys. Martellus, Costa, Nagy to name a few. Sorry, I don't just believe in guys just because they get drafted by my favorite team.
haha you know i have mad respect for you D.

But when i read you write things like
Quote:
Bruce Carter??? Next year??? GTFO. lol. What a waste of a 2nd rounder.
and he hasn't even seen the field yet...

You don't like the value...thats fine and you can be mad that we passed on guys that coulda helped us in 2011. But I used the word childish because me and you both know that you don't always have to draft for this year. If he doesn't see the field once in 2011 and maybe just nickel in 2012...but then gets his chance in 2013 and does well. That will make what you said look childish. As a respected poster on this board I expect to see you making impactful well thought out posts when in arguments. You are better than a it's now or never cowboys fan. I just want to make sure we don't get too carried away in here. No reason for the thread to turn into a 14 year kid espn board. People come to the forum to read and interact. Anytime we have the ability to hold ourselves to a higher standard we should. Because if we have a thread with well thoughtout and informative posts and debates...people who are less informed will find themselves doing more reading just to post in here so that they aren't meet with extreme backlash. It's how we as cowboys fans should strive to maintain the integrity of this thread. If you don't know your stuff you should be scared to post in this thread.

/rant

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-12-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
monson
Rookie

monson hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.monson hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I just want to say after watching some of the replays from last night I believe as long as Dez can stay healthy we will win multiple superbowls. He's the closest thing to unstoppable as I've seen in the NFL, he's just better than everyone else on the field.

I get so disappointed when he goes down with an injury because I know he has the ability to take over a game by himself when healthy, like 200+ yards a game dominance, things we've never seen before on an NFL stage.
Look, I don't want to be called a hater but if you really think you will win multiple sbs..... wtf? Did you watch the game?
monson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think everyone needs to calm down just a little. I thought we were gonna get killed. This was a much better game than I thought it would be.

Lets see how this pans out before we start burning the witches...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:07 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marty B should be back.

I don't even want to say this, and give him this much credit...especially after trashing him after his pre-season performance...but if Marty B was in the game we win against the Jets. He's still a better blocker than Phillips & Witten...and in short yardage he can be used to block while Witten can be used to spread the D out. That goal line fumble doesn't happen and we hammer it in.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 09-13-2011 at 11:33 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just was skimming through the film review from BtB. Tashard in pass protection is going to get Romo killed...

Excerpt:
Quote:
Conclusion: Romo made a daring yet accurate pass to Ogletree for a key third down. Just a few plays later, the Cowboys would take the lead with a touchdown pass to Bryant.

Also, take note of Romo getting blasted as he releases the ball. Tashard Choice, in the backfield on third down, completely whiffed on an outside block and allowed his man a free run at Romo's blindside. This is exactly why Jason Garrett doesn't like Choice in the game in these situations.
Reading the entire breakdown of the top 5 offensive plays though gives me some satisfaction in that Garrett created mismatches all game to exploit. Too bad he still throws the ball at the goal line >.<
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just was skimming through the film review from BtB. Tashard in pass protection is going to get Romo killed...

Excerpt:

Reading the entire breakdown of the top 5 offensive plays though gives me some satisfaction in that Garrett created mismatches all game to exploit. Too bad he still throws the ball at the goal line >.<
That's no surprise on Choice. All you've had to do read between the lines a bit to find out why they don't trust him.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, I posted that in the game day thread, during the game. Choice's pass block attempt where he whiffed, was hilariously bad and it could have ended very badly. You'd think given Choice's overall demeanor and well rounded run/receive skills, he'd actually be good at blocking too, but he's not so good here.

Romo was getting drilled a lot in that first half, even on completed passes...luckily, the line really settled into the pass protection as the game wore on. And Felix was brilliant in pass pro, as usual. That play where he just flat out stoned a free Bart Scott twice, was just awesome to see.

The O-line play at least, will be a week to week thing with a group this young. Niners can be tough against the run, too. Hopefully the interior lineman do a better job run blocking this week, they were certainly overmatched against the Jets fantastic rush defense. Pass blocking was encouraging...a little rough at the start, but it got better and better. I was pleasantly surprised there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-13-2011 at 12:50 PM.