Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-13-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed the former NYG Corner Frank Walker.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
We signed the former NYG Corner Frank Walker.
Oh sweet jesus. Eww.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Oh sweet jesus. Eww.
We could have done worse, IIRC Walker is pretty scrappy... at least when he was with the Giants lol.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's pretty horrible, regardless of where he's played. At the very least, he's a good lockeroom guy. lol. He has a bad reputation for getting burnt and being "grabby". He tries to be scrappy and pretty cocky out there, but he gets beat a lot. He doesnt have a lot fans out there.

But....at least it's a corner addition. Hopefully, Church will never have to play corner again. haha. Newman may be back to practice on Wed. I heard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-13-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Freaky Frank Walker!! My lord have fun with that.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Choice just tweeted:
Cowboy fans thanks for all the support through the years & def right now after the tough loss Sunday. I wanna say thank you and much respect

less than a minute ago via TweetCaster for Android Favorite Retweet Reply Tashard Choice

Then again with:

"Change gone come"

Looks like I get my wish ... granted I would of rather had Josh Thomas.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

For being a backup CB, the guy is way too well known among NFL fans. And it's all bad. lol.

I really wonder who we cut to make room. BTB is speculating that Choice may be cut based off of some "ominous tweets". It's a possibility, especially after nearly getting Tony killed on that missed block. Choice, Rucker, or Robinson would be the most likely guys to be cut. Only option on the defensive side would be Geathers. And I doubt that would happen. Comes down to Choice or Rucker, probably.

edit...beat me to the Choice speculation.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-13-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monson View Post
Look, I don't want to be called a hater but if you really think you will win multiple sbs..... wtf? Did you watch the game?
No need to worry. You wouldn't be labelled a hater.

TheFinisher is classic for hyperbolic statements depending on his mood.

That said, I'm no different. lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Choice just tweeted:
Cowboy fans thanks for all the support through the years & def right now after the tough loss Sunday. I wanna say thank you and much respect

less than a minute ago via TweetCaster for Android Favorite Retweet Reply Tashard Choice

Then again with:

"Change gone come"

Looks like I get my wish ... granted I would of rather had Josh Thomas.
Really, did he get traded?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
We could have done worse, IIRC Walker is pretty scrappy... at least when he was with the Giants lol.
"We could have done worse" is the most supportive thing you can say about a bad situation. ha ha. Nice.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You would hope it's a trade if he's on the outs...but when everyone around the league knows that he's on the hot seat anyway, it might not be so easy to trade the guy. Kind of wish we could have just traded him for a corner. lol. But player for player trades are still a pretty rare occurence in the league.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-13-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
You would hope it's a trade if he's on the outs...but when everyone around the league knows that he's on the hot seat anyway, it might not be so easy to trade the guy. Kind of wish we could have just traded him for a corner. lol. But player for player trades are still a pretty rare occurence in the league.
I think there are teams out there that could use him... Miami, Arizona, Washington, Tampa, St. Louis, Denver, Seattle, Detroit, Cincy....
Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hahaha

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...brwugQXb8cGj6R

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...g?12 82585434
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Marty B should be back.

I don't even want to say this, and give him this much credit...especially after trashing him after his pre-season performance...but if Marty B was in the game we win against the Jets. He's still a better blocker than Phillips & Witten...and in short yardage he can be used to block while Witten can be used to spread the D out. That goal line fumble doesn't happen and we hammer it in.
Between someone writing the Boys will win 2,3,4 super bowls because of Dez and your writing that Martellus would have been the difference maker on Sunday ... I am stunned into near silence at the fan-dom.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No need to worry. You wouldn't be labelled a hater.

TheFinisher is classic for hyperbolic statements depending on his mood.

That said, I'm no different. lol.
I'm just a passionate fan :)
Old 09-13-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
I think there are teams out there that could use him... Miami, Arizona, Washington, Tampa, St. Louis, Denver, Seattle, Detroit, Cincy....
He would do well in a zone blocking scheme IMHO.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Miami doesnt need him, because they eventually want Thomas to be the guy. Even though, he's already in the dog house. lol. I'd leave them an option, though. Because of all the Cowboy connections, they're big on our scraps. (No offense to Choice, more so the other guys).

I'd also say no to Washington and Cincy, neither team needs a RB.

I'd add Jacksonville. Everyone gets carries in Jacksonville, being MJD's backup, would be a solid role.

And I wouldnt count the Eagles out, as a FA destination....just for the hell of it.

There is a good spot out there for him somewhere, if he is leaving.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-13-2011, 02:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Can we poach other team's practice squads?
Old 09-13-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Between someone writing the Boys will win 2,3,4 super bowls because of Dez and your writing that Martellus would have been the difference maker on Sunday ... I am stunned into near silence at the fan-dom.
How is me saying that Marty B is a excellent blocker(He is)....akin to a fan proclaiming the Cowboys will win a few SB's simply based on Dez.

Let me rephrase if it makes you feel better...I don't think the Boys would've had as much trouble running the ball in short yardage situations with Marty B. Could that have contributed to the Boys winning? Especially right there at the end..I'd be willing to guess yes.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Can we poach other team's practice squads?
edit...I'm an idiot. I thought I heard it was changed for whatever reason. But you can still sign opposing teams practice squad players. So long as they are guaranteed a spot on the 53 man roster. They have the right to potentially promote that player first, however.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-13-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Choice is safe...we cut Martin Rucker. We also cut Isaiah Greenhouse from the PS. So we're going to need another one of those.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-13-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rucker was a bubble guy...but he probably lost his spot because of his stupidity on the field covering that punt that almost was downed at the 1 yard line. Granted this was all null because the gunner was actually on the line when he hit it back into the field...but had he not stepped on the goalline...rucker would have cost the team 19 yards for being dumb. That is a pretty good message to send in the locker room. But we all know the reason they cut Rucker is because Marty B will be back this week.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gotta hand it to Jenkins, played with a hyperextended knee and a sprained ac joint, sucks that he keeps getting banged up. But you gotta like that he kept coming back in there. And he played great, too. May be a while before the guy is actually 100%, but he's good to go against San Fran. Hopefully he'll keep playing well, he really didnt give up anything all night. Tight coverage and he stuck his nose in there for some solid tackles, despite the pain.
Yeah, I loved seeing him play like that. All last year he seemed like he checked out mentally. Looks like he's got a nice fire lit under him. I'm hoping like hell he can play like he did in 2009. I hope like hell he gets healthy too. Geez man the corners are snake bitten. Scandrick looked nice, but now he's out for a while. Once all three are healthy I look forward to seeing how great it's going to be.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 03:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yeah, he was def. more expendable just because Martellus is healthy. He probably wouldnt even be active as a 4th TE. And even if he was, he would never play offense. He had a good preseason showing, but realistically he wont be missed.

You want to send a message like that? You cut Choice who almost got Romo killed on a missed block. lol.

Choice sure has some weird ass tweets today, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-13-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Our D-Line collapsed on the running game beautifully against the Jets, but I still wish we signed Bowen. :( He was a tough block against the Giants. Had a couple pressures and a sack.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS