Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-14-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and D-Unit, here is a Bruce Carter bio for you:
http://www.dallascowboys.com/team/te...05E1653E558A6F

He has a 41 inch vert and had 9 pass deflections as a senior... so I don't understand where your getting the no PBU's stat....

Just some facts for you man!
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll obviously be watching the entire O-Line this week. But more so than anyone, Mr. Nagy. His strength will dictate, if he's actually ready to start or not. He struggled more than the rest of the guys against the Jets. And it was his upper body strength that seemed to be the problem. He still did a good job in pass protection, but he was also pushed deep into the pocket on occassion. He bent, but he didnt break in pass protection, but being pushed back into the QBs pocket, could be just as bad. Just something to keep an eye on. A full year in an NFL strength program could do wonders for him, though. But if it becomes a problem, Dockery may have to take over. Hopefully it was just the Jets tough ass defense, we'll see. Nagy's got the look of a good G, I just dont know if the strength is there yet.

On a related note...I like having an athletic line, but we're so light up the middle right now. It's still a couple of weeks away, but Suh is looming. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-14-2011 at 11:08 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Dockery is starting at LG over Nagy in practice today....
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Looks like Dockery is starting at LG over Nagy in practice today....
Already? I thought they'd give him another week at least. But his lack of strength was apparent, for this game, at least. Like I said, I like the guy...he just needs to hit the weights, same thing with Arkin.

Where did you see that Dockery was taking the 1st team reps?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-14-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
espn_macmahon: Derrick Dockery got pre-practice work at left guard with starters instead of Bill Nagy.
Twitter.....although it looks up in the air.

Quote:
espn_macmahon: As media leaves, Bill Nagy is with starting o-line in drill on side. Consider that spot to be determined.
I love the moves JG is making.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Who knows? You'd figure they'd give him another week at least, but it's a move that may have to happen.

Starting Dockery is probably the better idea going forward, though. It would certainly help ease some of my fears of having such a young line. Starting two of these guys, sounds a lot better than three. It's what I wanted in the first place. Having a veteran at either LG or C. I just figured Nagy would get more time, the way things shook themselves out.

They just seemed so committed to the three...so it'd be pretty interesting for them to pull the plug on Nagy after a week.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-14-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd guess they are giving Dockery work with the starters because of the unbalanced line we ran on sunday. When we are in run heavy formation....You could have Dockery at LG/LT and move Free to the right side. I think that might be where we see Dockery on the field this week.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good. I want Dockery out there. My faith in Nagy is not there. Never has been.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Arkin and Nagy will be fine once they've had a year with Woicik.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay I took a few days off from the board to get that loss out of my system. On to the Niners. Simply put, if we control Frank Gore and keep Vernon Davis contained, we win this game. I think we can easily put up 24+ puts against that defense.

I say give Nagy one more game to prove himself and then give him the hook. However, it wouldn't hurt for him to sit and learn behind Dockery either.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Actually...Nagy is banged up they're saying. He has a soar neck. Still, any reps he loses to Dockery are hurting him, if he wants to remain a starter. There's no denying that Dockery would be an upgrade in short yardage situations, and probably in the running game in general.

Quote:
I think Arkin and Nagy will be fine once they've had a year with Woicik.
A year or more, but I tend to agree. For rookie guards, they dont look too bad, just suffer from a very common strength deficiency for rookie lineman. Doug Free was in the same boat, back in the day.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-14-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the record, let's keep Dez off the special teams and just playing at WR. I know he's a very special returner, but his real value is at WR.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much lack of faith I have in Nagy, I must say... I wasn't disappointed in Costa at all. I caught good glimpses of him battling very nicely and very aggressively. If he did anything really bad, I didn't catch it.

The OL gave up 4 sacks. I know Kosier gave up at least 1. Does anyone know how the other 3 were accounted for? My memory doesn't serve me right.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Actually...Nagy is banged up they're saying. He has a soar neck. Still, any reps he loses to Dockery are hurting him, if he wants to remain a starter. There's no denying that Dockery would be an upgrade in short yardage situations, and probably in the running game in general.

A year or more, but I tend to agree. For rookie guards, they dont look too bad, just suffer from a very common strength deficiency for rookie lineman. Doug Free was in the same boat, back in the day.

That's what I'm thinking, or hoping, whatever you wanna call it. I think there is a good chance we have a future line of Free, Nagy, Costa, Arkin, Tyron. Or at least the starting line for 2012. From what I saw we struggled big time in short yardage situations, but it's an extremely athletic offensive line and Garret does a superb job of putting them in situations that fit their strengths and mask their weaknesses.

That I have to give him credit for. I think we have to learn to get a bit more smash mouth up front though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:59 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
As much lack of faith I have in Nagy, I must say... I wasn't disappointed in Costa at all. I caught good glimpses of him battling very nicely and very aggressively. If he did anything really bad, I didn't catch it.

The OL gave up 4 sacks. I know Kosier gave up at least 1. Does anyone know how the other 3 were accounted for? My memory doesn't serve me right.
BtB says only one of the sacks was from a mistake (Kosier) the rest were overloads and not attributed to a specific lineman. Our line graded out slightly above average (compared to the league) which is a good sign :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:08 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez sat out of practice yesterday, the official injury report lists him with a thigh contusion. I'm a little concerned because these can linger throughout the season if they rush him back too quickly. He still has a significant limp when he walks.

The damage to the muscle with a thigh contusion can increase pretty quickly if it's not handled properly. I think that's what happened when we left him in the game after that punt return, you could see it impacting him more and more as the game wore on.

EDIT: Dez is not practicing today. *sigh*

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-15-2011 at 11:00 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

You just said you hoped the Boys didn't rush him back too quickly because it could be a lingering issue...yet you *sigh* when they do just that?

I'm confused.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:17 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
You just said you hoped the Boys didn't rush him back too quickly because it could be a lingering issue...yet you *sigh* when they do just that?

I'm confused.
I was hoping to hear that it was okay, there are different variations of thigh contusions. Best case scenario is it's fine after 2-3 days. If it wasn't that bad he would have been good to go by now with no lingering effects, but the fact he's still limping around is concerning. This could be the type of contusion that takes 2-3 weeks to fully heal and can linger.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

ahh gotcha..

Quote:
Bryant is recovering from a thigh contusion apparently suffered in last week's game. Jones said Bryant should be fine for the game Sunday against the San Francisco 49ers.

Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#ixzz1Y2feIxnM
Looks like they're just being careful though.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 09-15-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is a tidbit from btb

Quote:
Tyron Smith (+1.5) was the only lineman that graded out 'well' in Pro Football Focus' cumulative scores in the run game. Doug Free was just below that line, on the top end of average (+0.9), While Center Phil Costa (-0.6) was on the low end of average. Kosier (-1.2) was slightly below average and Bill Nagy (-5.2) seemed quite over matched by the Jets defensive line.
Our eyes didn't deceive us.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Injury update:

Newman OUT this weekend, Dez will play.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Rucker was added to the PS.

I heard Nagy isnt practicing at all today, due to that neck injury.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-15-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I heard Nagy isnt practicing at all today, due to that neck injury.
Sounds like he might have a nagy injury. :D

hee hee he
Old 09-15-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sounds like he might have a nagy injury. :D

hee hee he
Dont quit your day job. I dont think you can get by on your comedy alone, and you have a family to provide for. :P

Latest news...

Nagy is officially out with that neck injury. Dockery will get the start, and Arkin will be on the game day roster.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-15-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Dont quit your day job. I dont think you can get by on your comedy alone, and you have a family to provide for. :P

Latest news...

Nagy is officially out with that neck injury. Dockery will get the start, and Arkin will be on the game day roster.
Hate to hear any injury involving the neck. I feel bad for the fellah. He's just trying his hardest. But really, he's been in over his head for a while now and the puffed up practice reports really did him a disservice as well as fool a lot of Cowboys hopefuls. He should be on the long road to success... having the chance to develop and improve strength. He's a 2-3 year project in the BEST case scenario. I know many thought by penciling him in as a starter that he'd be "ok overall"... taking some lumps here and there... but still do an adequate job on the year... But don't blame me for not trying to tell you so. You just can't invest too much in preseason practice reports, despite how much you want to believe "coach talk". We're 1 week in and even I thought this discussion would be happening more down the line. Goes to show how tough this league really is in the trenches. Are we back to reality yet or are there some who think when he gets healthy that he should start again?