Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait wait...so your proof that he can't be a competent starter and take his lumps this year is......His injury?!

Lol, D-Unit, you've gone beyond yourself these few weeks. Again, nobody is expecting him to play at a pro-bowl level, nor did anyone exactly WANT the o-line to be all first or second year players, but we were excited at seeing the dead(see.old) weight cut.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 09:57 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be interesting to see how many rookie o-lineman are starting around the league. It seemed like quite a few were playing on sunday.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Wait wait...so your proof that he can't be a competent starter and take his lumps this year is......His injury?!

Lol, D-Unit, you've gone beyond yourself these few weeks. Again, nobody is expecting him to play at a pro-bowl level, nor did anyone exactly WANT the o-line to be all first or second year players, but we were excited at seeing the dead(see.old) weight cut.
Proof? There's no crime solving here. I'm not proving anything. Just saying that he's in over his head and if you think he's good enough to be a competent starter, then you should re-evaluate your expectations. Nagy graded out very low against the Jets. This injury will actually help his career by not forcing him out there as raw as he is.

But hey, if you want to hope that he'll make you proud this year, then go for it. Me? Dockery wasn't my #1 choice going into the offseason, but I'll take him over Nagy, that's for sure.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
It would be interesting to see how many rookie o-lineman are starting around the league. It seemed like quite a few were playing on sunday.
Yeah, I'd be interested to see if any 7th rounders at OL or any position are starting.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah, I'd be interested to see if any 7th rounders at OL or any position are starting.
Start with the division...

We have a young LT, new center, and moved our LT to guard. RG and RT are the same. So we don't have any rookies or late round guys starting.

Check the Eagles line.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's an interesting question I was asked today. If Denver cuts or wants to trade Tebow, would you be interested?

I'm personally not a believer in McGee so I would have no problem bringing in Tebow and seeing if we could develop him. Despite the hate he gets from the media, he's actually played pretty well when he's gotten the opportunity. I'd take him for something like a 4th.

Anyone else want to chime in on this hypothetical?

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-16-2011 at 11:53 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I checked the 7th round OL and Nagy was the only one who was starting. I was actually interested in starting rookie OL overall more so than just late rounders.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed CB Rico Murray...no idea who's getting cut.

Also, Jerry said he may have jumped the gun with Dez...he may not play.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-16-2011 at 12:20 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Here's an interesting question I was asked today. If Denver cuts or wants to trade Tebow, would you be interested?

I'm personally not a believer in McGee so I would have no problem bringing in Tebow and seeing if we could develop him. Despite the hate he gets from the media, he's actually played pretty well when he's gotten the opportunity. I'd take him for something like a 4th.

Anyone else want to chime in on this hypothetical?
Neg rep for the mere mention of the idea. lol. jk. but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Old 09-16-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Neg rep for the mere mention of the idea. lol. jk. but noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
lol really??

I just don't get why everyone is so convinced he'll never succeed as a starting QB. He actually impressed me the few times I've seen him play in the pre-season. Then again, I was expecting balls to be thrown into the stands with all the talk of how he's the most inaccurate QB of all time.

FWIW here's how he stacks up among the other 1st Round QBs from years past in their first 3 starts.

http://tbfootball.files.wordpress.co...-3-starts1.jpg

Last edited by TheFinisher : 09-16-2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No no no. It's far more then just him being average. The media circus surrounding him, the way he affects fans(in a good way yes but fans seem to want Tebow out there before he earns it), combined with the attention of the Cowboys, no thanks. I'd rather take a statue in the pocket with an arm to get Dez the ball consistently then go with a running QB with very little accuracy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Proof? There's no crime solving here. I'm not proving anything. Just saying that he's in over his head and if you think he's good enough to be a competent starter, then you should re-evaluate your expectations. Nagy graded out very low against the Jets. This injury will actually help his career by not forcing him out there as raw as he is.

But hey, if you want to hope that he'll make you proud this year, then go for it. Me? Dockery wasn't my #1 choice going into the offseason, but I'll take him over Nagy, that's for sure.
I think Nagy is good enough to be a competent starter eventually, but I don't want to base too much off 1 week vs the Jets. I said that even before. It's highly unrealistic to expect a 7th round offensive lineman come out and be a mauler vs the Jets. In fact I expected all the unproven guys on the line to take their lumps and beatings that game.

I don't know that I could firmly say he's not ready to be a starter this year though, but we'll see how Dockery does(in what we should keep in mind will be a MUCH easier test vs SF).

I don't think guys like Nagy, Costa, or Arkin will ever just be big maulers in the Leonard Davis sense, where we can consistently push back a D-line mano e mano, and grind it out. Maybe that'll blow up in our face as well, but they just don't look like those type of lineman, even after a few years of getting a stronger core.

Quote:
Old 09-16-2011, 07:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We didnt actually sign Rico Murray. Twitter confusion and someone ran with it. :/

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-17-2011, 02:27 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think Nagy is good enough to be a competent starter eventually, but I don't want to base too much off 1 week vs the Jets. I said that even before. It's highly unrealistic to expect a 7th round offensive lineman come out and be a mauler vs the Jets. In fact I expected all the unproven guys on the line to take their lumps and beatings that game.

I don't know that I could firmly say he's not ready to be a starter this year though, but we'll see how Dockery does(in what we should keep in mind will be a MUCH easier test vs SF).

I don't think guys like Nagy, Costa, or Arkin will ever just be big maulers in the Leonard Davis sense, where we can consistently push back a D-line mano e mano, and grind it out. Maybe that'll blow up in our face as well, but they just don't look like those type of lineman, even after a few years of getting a stronger core.
Yeah, that's right. Our guys are not maulers. We've moved to a finesse type of offensive line where our strengths will be different. Mobility, technique, athleticism, balance, quickness, and endurance vice size, strength and power are our new direction. Going straight ahead on 3rd and 1 will probably not be too effective for us, but if we swing our line or overload our blockers on one side, then we will probably find more success.

As for Nagy... it'd take a miracle. ...but miracles do happen. :)
Old 09-17-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Not looking too good for Dez for tomorrow. Still a game time decision, but more likely than not, he wont be in there. It will be interesting to see who gets more PT between Holley and Harris. I'd actually guess Holley. We'll see.

Well, hopefully we wont. lol.

Hate to bring up his name again, but Sam should have stayed. We have **** for depth and while he'd never start over Miles or Dez, he'd still be looking at some good PT.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-17-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

We've got plenty of WR's as good as Hurd. He's a special teamer for the Bears, as he would for any team he played for.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
We've got plenty of WR's as good as Hurd. He's a special teamer for the Bears, as he would for any team he played for.
He would have been our number 3 receiver, is what I'm saying. And currently on peg to start, if Dez cant go. I meant this totally for Hurd's sake. The guy went to Chicago because they were guaranteeing him a chance to battle and potentially become a starter down the line. We wanted him back. But he had no real chance to start in Dallas if he stayed, no advancement opportunity. He was having a big camp like always, but he went down with that same ankle injury again. He's been out for weeks.

I like his ability just fine, I dont trust his health at all though, anymore. This is the third time he's injured his surgically repaired ankle. I dont even know if he's playing this week either. Been out for 4-5 weeks.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-17-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Well yea I know he may have been our #3 WR, but he's not any better then Ogletree or even Holley. He blocks really well, but as far as starting ability were splitting hairs if we want to say Hurd was leaps and bounds better then those guys.

It may have been better for him to get a shot, but not for us. Besides he could very well be hurt for us also. Realistically he wasn't going to ever start in Chicago or here. They have Roy who got the big money, Hester who they love, and Knox who they love. At best he's battling for the #4 WR job but Earl Bennett is there and Cutler loves him, he'll be their most productive WR this season.

So, I'm just not sure why were talking about a roster bubble/special teams player.

Quote:
Old 09-17-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ugh. You're taking this in a weird direction. I was just saying, for Hurd's sake, it would have been better if he stayed, if he wanted to play now.

Dallas is a better situation if he wants to play right now at WR, Chicago being the better destination for the longterm. He was ahead of Oggs on the depth chart and more than likely would have been the 3. Chicago has some good youth, but they've all been given playing time and a chance to start, because they cant settle on the right guys. And Knox isnt exactly someone they love, he's seen his role diminish greatly on that team. Which is stupid, because he's a good player, but for whatever reason, they've brushed him aside. I didnt like that situation for him...but with Martz, that WR logjam can go a bunch of different ways. No one's position is safe there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2011, 08:35 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams has been looking surprisingly good in Chicago so far.

I wonder if he would have been open to re-structuring his contract to stay in Dallas as the #3 WR.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Roy Williams has been looking surprisingly good in Chicago so far.

I wonder if he would have been open to re-structuring his contract to stay in Dallas as the #3 WR.
Good riddance. Dude was a cancer and a road block to Dez. He never clicked with Romo and Garrett. There was no reason for him to come back. Doing good in Chicago <> Doing good in Dallas. Sounds like you're trying to infer that, but I think it would be a mistake.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

hahahahaha. Roy back in Dallas?? Yea right. He actually has looked terrible in Chicago. He had 4 catches in week 1, but it's a Mike Martz offense, they are going to throw the ball. He showed up in Training Camp out of shape, Johhny Knox has outplayed him, all pre-season he dropped passes and fumbled balls, what were you watching?

Let alone the fact that he talks too much for how sorry he was. There was literally no reason EVER for him to stay here. Or have you already forgotten how many dropped passes/fumbles he had in Dallas? Last I checked, whether he's making 10 million or 500k, doesn't change the fact that he destroyed tons of drives for us.

That was the best move we made all off-season, I can't believe anyone would even consider a scenario where he came back.

Where we did drop the ball was not cutting Terrance Newman and signing Aso. We almost had enough for Aso anyway, cutting T-New certainly made it possible to get him. He's getting a ton of money and he'll be hurt/suck all season.

Quote:
Old 09-18-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

I hate Cris Carter.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Being reported Dez is OUT today.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Figured as much.

Anyone know if Fiammetta will be active or not?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS