Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-26-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Give Ryan credit. He is working miracles with the CB situation we have.
lol. I did in that post. Just pointing out that there are much more talented offenses to come.

I'm very proud of how they're playing right now, for sure.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are people just assuming Felix was injured because Choice was in on that last drive? Choice being in seems like a no brainer, given Felix's shoulder.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-27-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again...
SEAN LEE

3 times...
SEAN LEE
SEAN LEE
SEAN LEE!!!!!!

aka BEAST!
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:43 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good win! Now everyone but the Eagles are 2-1.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Are people just assuming Felix was injured because Choice was in on that last drive? Choice being in seems like a no brainer, given Felix's shoulder.
Jerry talked about it. His shoulder probably popped back out briefly. If it's nothing major I hope we play it safe and rest him for 2 weeks starting here. Shoulder dislocations are the easiest to aggravate and playing RB that thing is gonna pop in and out all year long. He'll need surgery if it happens a few more times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just re-watched a bit of the game. How does Trent Williams and Jamaal Brown get away with so many holds? -_-

Best one is at 1:40 in this video. He tackles Ware for a no-call. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogwTuGx-Cxs
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I don't get what the **** is going on with the officiating at all. Felix was horse collared, Witten was hit WAY late out of bounds, Landry launched at a defenseless player, and then in the wide open, away from everyone else, he literally dives out, grabs Ware with his hands and tries to tackle him.

I guess because Ware keeps going and tries to make a play instead of flopping all over the place with his arms up in the air they don't call it. The NFL should be embarassed. I've noticed it getting worse lately, but it's like with instant replay they have gotten lazy.

Quote:
Old 09-27-2011, 09:24 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said to our fan base, refs will miss calls. If fans are hung up on non calls, then every game they will have a list of stuff that makes them bad. You see some of our game day threads. You always have the "ref watchers" group that, I think watch the refs more so than the game itself.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:27 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Yea, I don't get what the **** is going on with the officiating at all. Felix was horse collared, Witten was hit WAY late out of bounds, Landry launched at a defenseless player, and then in the wide open, away from everyone else, he literally dives out, grabs Ware with his hands and tries to tackle him.

I guess because Ware keeps going and tries to make a play instead of flopping all over the place with his arms up in the air they don't call it. The NFL should be embarassed. I've noticed it getting worse lately, but it's like with instant replay they have gotten lazy.
Alan Ball's personal foul, Ware getting choked out on the last play of the game, even the Marty B hold was a suspect call... and I could go on if I went back and re-watched the game. I don't normally complain about officiating but it was so blatantly bad last night and almost cost us the game.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Like I said to our fan base, refs will miss calls. If fans are hung up on non calls, then every game they will have a list of stuff that makes them bad. You see some of our game day threads. You always have the "ref watchers" group that, I think watch the refs more so than the game itself.
And for the most part we don't have a group who gripes about calls. I'll admit we have a few who like to throw out "everybody hates the Cowboys" stuff when it comes to calls every year, but this game there were just obviously blatant misses that the average tv viewer could catch the first time around.

Most of those weren't nitpicking, they were pretty obvious. It's been awhile since I'd seen 1 game of ours officiated so badly.

Quote:
Old 09-27-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And for the most part we don't have a group who gripes about calls. I'll admit we have a few who like to throw out "everybody hates the Cowboys" stuff when it comes to calls every year, but this game there were just obviously blatant misses that the average tv viewer could catch the first time around.

Most of those weren't nitpicking, they were pretty obvious. It's been awhile since I'd seen 1 game of ours officiated so badly.
We have seen it on JPP a lot actually if OTs can't block him, he goes by, with the OT grabbing or tackling him so he can't get a sack. But like I say on our board, if you wanted to call or find a foul on every play I am sure you can.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
We have seen it on JPP a lot actually if OTs can't block him, he goes by, with the OT grabbing or tackling him so he can't get a sack. But like I say on our board, if you wanted to call or find a foul on every play I am sure you can.
Holds happen on every play I completely understand and agree I'm not asking for perfection. Consistency however is expected. The note about the Skins mimicking cadence was more to point out the unsportsmanlike tactics they resorted to in order to defeat our rookie center. Bush-league.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 11:33 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Holds happen on every play I completely understand and agree I'm not asking for perfection. Consistency however is expected. The note about the Skins mimicking cadence was more to point out the unsportsmanlike tactics they resorted to in order to defeat our rookie center. Bush-league.
This is why Coach Smith in Atlanta wanted me to scout the refs and their crew. For this reason, to find out which of ref and crew throws the most penalties. And then they want a break down of the different kinds of penalties. So if we are playing against you with Ed Hoculay's crew, I want to know everything about him and his crew. Who throws the most pass int? Holding? Personal fouls? This way if they let PI go, then now I can coach my DBs to interfere a bit more than normal, because this crew tends to not call them.

What I found is that some crews call a lot of penalties while some barely do. So i think that's a new trend that can give teams a sense of the crew and how to play the game based on how they tend to call the game.

It was a very interesting project but very tedious going play by play and find out who threw what, and then insert it to excel.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was certainly wrong about Ogletree....

Horrible horrible night last night. He should be cut on that performance alone.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Damn, I just saw highlights of your game since I had class. Your center stinks!! He needs snapping lessons or has to get out there before and stay after practice. I haven't seen Romo that made in all his games in his career. He was snapping on everyone from the center to the WRs.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Romo expects a lot from his guys...we've seen him get that mad streak a lot as the years have passed. He can get a little heated out there. I'd get pissed too if my line couldnt block at all and my WRs dont know the playbook. He def. gets frustrated, but at the same time...he has also shown terrific leadership with these young guys.

The guy gets so much hate because of who he plays for...And Cowboy fans are incredibly fickle for the most part. But he's really showing his worth right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-27-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Romo expects a lot from his guys...we've seen him get that mad streak a lot as the years have past. He can get a little heated out there. I'd get pissed too if my line couldnt block at all and my WRs dont know the playbook. He def. gets frustrated, but at the same time...he has also shown terrific leadership with these young guys.
LOL WRs not knowing the routes. God that sounds oddly familiar! Yeah you have to be able to show and be a leader with a collection of young players. They look up to him. It's just funny seeing him when he gets in his modes and starts yelling at everyone. He did that during the 2007 playoff game I remember too.

Based on the highlights I thought he would punch the center.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He was yelling at the line when we lost to the Vikes in the playoffs as well. Because our line was completelty dominated. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, more than ever and when he's pissed, you'll know it. But anyway, he was sacked 6 times and hit about 15 times and a bunch of Cowboys fans still blamed the 34-3 loss on Romo.

And yeah, he should have punched Costa.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-27-2011, 02:49 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Makes me think this NFC East is WIDE open. Currently, they are NO front runners. It's a battle now, a wide open one. And the Eagles look to have the most issues. 2/3 games Vick hasn't finished. Plus hiring a DC who coached on the other side of the ball may not be a good move, especially during a lockout year.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Philly winds up winning the division. But it doesn't seem like it will be as easy for them as I initially thought.

It will be a race till the end. I think 1 team from the South makes the playoffs (NO), 2 from the North (GB and DET), 1 from the West (whoever), that leaves 2 teams in the East.

We all should actually start rooting for the Lions to lose. Give our teams another out.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We just really need to get healthy, which is no small feat. Even after this game...it's not like Romo is going to magically be better next week, Dez is still injured and not getting better, Miles is out, Felix shoulder is still messed up, Newman had a concussion, Jenkins is falling apart, and we just lost another player in our starting DE, Jason Hatcher. Cool.

But yeah, I wouldnt be surprised to see any of the teams win it, either. The Redskins really arent that bad, the Giants are just as banged up as us, but I wouldnt count them out, especially after they just thrashed the Eagles, and then the Eagles certainly have their weaknesses, but that talent certainly makes them dangerous.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-27-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

There talent is always good. But can Vick actually play throughout the season? 2/3 games he can't finish. One was with a 10 people lead and the other with a 2 point lead I think.

LOL. And what if all the talent won't help with that defensive system? Kinda like when we had Bill Sheridan as our DC in 2009, and giving up 30 and 40 points like it was our job.

I am skeptical on philly now. I want to see what happens as we go. Redskins got humbled so thank you guys for that.

We don't play an division team until nov. 20th i think a beat writer said. By then we should have:

Osi
Prince
Barden

Hopefully no one else gets their ACL hurt in their body, lol. I swear you would think an ACL is everywhere in the human body.

I would like to see our team with some bodies available. I think we can build from this philly win. JPP! You can do it!
Old 09-27-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I cant believe we finally had some success on the ground. lol. It all came on 3/4 big gainers from Felix.

Who's ready for Suh next week? I bet you're all loving that Suh vs any of our interior lineman matchup. mmmm.
Nick Fairly will make his first appearance too. This could get real ugly. Our interior OL is the worst in the NFL. No doubt about it.

Are we allowed to line Romo up as a kicker in punt formation?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He was yelling at the line when we lost to the Vikes in the playoffs as well. Because our line was completelty dominated. He wears his emotions on his sleeve, more than ever and when he's pissed, you'll know it. But anyway, he was sacked 6 times and hit about 15 times and a bunch of Cowboys fans still blamed the 34-3 loss on Romo.

And yeah, he should have punched Costa.
I remember that game. Man a lot of fans are ********. I get into arguments this day about how it wasn't his fault he got sacked that many times. It's my fault for thinking that idiots understand what a 3,5,and 7 step drop is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I still think Philly winds up winning the division. But it doesn't seem like it will be as easy for them as I initially thought.

It will be a race till the end. I think 1 team from the South makes the playoffs (NO), 2 from the North (GB and DET), 1 from the West (whoever), that leaves 2 teams in the East.

We all should actually start rooting for the Lions to lose. Give our teams another out.
I don't think that Philly is the team because they're weak at O-line with an injury prone quarterback. They're also like they've always been, all about speed on both sides. They're quick strike without being methodical. I think both the Cowboys and Giants can handle that because they've seen it enough. With their O-Line problems I'm really getting excited to see them play the Cowboys in a few weeks. The Dallas pass rush looks as great as it has in awhile, and that's saying something considering Wade did a really good job at bringing pressure. Now Ryan seems to have not only Ware and Rat coming out in full force, but Spencer and Hatcher are looking excellent as well. Nobody has paid attention to him yet, but Sean Lissemore is doing some nice things too. I think the Cowboys front seven is going to be too much for the Eagles.

The Redskins are always the Redskins. Whatever it is Snyder does just kills that team. That leaves the Cowboys and Giants as the front runners. *plays ominous music*

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least Laurent Robinson made some plays. He played a **** ton. More than Holley and Harris.
Looks like there is some immediate trust there in Robinson with Garrett. Harris' time will come. I would like to see him have more success on his returns. I think if he does that, he'll earn more playing time.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote