Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-28-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Last night's win wasn't pretty, but I think we learned a lot of lessons that needed to be learned now.

Bennett needs to go. His mistakes always come at the worst time.

Quote:
Martellus Bennett (40/69, +0.8 grade): Marty B doesn't get a lot of love from fans, but the graders at PFF continue to like him for his outstanding run blocking. And while Bennett failed to catch the pass for a TD, he did spring two blocks on the Redskins linebackers on both of Jones's big runs. Blocking is an ability that Jason Witten (69/69, -0.4) seems to have lost. Something is not right with the Senator: for the third straight week, Witten received negative grades for his blocking. Maybe his bruised ribs are affecting him. John Phillips had a negative grade (14/69, -2.6), and gave up a sack and two pressures on just 14 snaps.
Ogletree needs to go. Times up. Time to go back to the UDFA pool where you came from.

Costa is the worst Center in the NFL.

Kosier is digressing FAST... and his peak was never that high to begin with.

Quote:
Things are not well in Houck's kingdom. Doug Free (-3.4) graded out the worst of all linemen on Monday, and it stands to reason that he is dealing with some kind of injury after playing two of his worst games in a row. Phil Costa (-2.4), Bill Nagy (-0.9) and Tyron Smith (-0.4) also struggled, with only Kyle Kosier (+1.1) earning positive grades.

I think you are a little harder on Koiser than most. He is what he is...a veteran presence on the line that makes all the calls. I don't see any degression from him. He's always been a guy who will beat you with his brain instead of his body. Maybe you think he is digressing because your expectations are too high for him.
Choice needs to be traded. I'm finally done with him. Makes me miss the smarts we enjoyed with MB3.

Is Marcus Spears on the practice squad? PUP? I haven't seen him all season.
Spears played and graded out just above average. The only player in our front seven not to have an above average grade was Bradie James lol
comments in bold

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OH...and Doug Free.... Man, was that his worst game as a starter or what? Dude was pathetic.
I'm starting to wonder if he might have an injury. He looks like he's pressing out there... especially in his drops.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-28-2011, 12:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
"ESPNDallas.com suggested that former Cowboys defensive end Stephen Bowen, who now plays for the Redskins, might have helped the Redskins learn Romo’s cadences to fool Costa into snapping the ball."

If that's true... my respect for Bowen has gone down.
Why? If you were paid millions to play football and your ultimate goal was to win a super bowl...wouldn't you try everything in your power to win every game?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-28-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Why? If you were paid millions to play football and your ultimate goal was to win a super bowl...wouldn't you try everything in your power to win every game?
Because it's illegal. And busch league.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Am I the only one who can't believe we can't execute a fade correctly more than once or twice a year?

Is it really that hard to throw a fade or back shoulder fade to dez...That should be almost automatic but yet we insist on spreading them out and trying to shove it up the middle?

Calvin Johnson does it....Randy Moss did it a ton....AJ Green has already had one this year....

Elite players on the outside are elite because no corner can match their height/jumping/strength. I'm sorry but if i'm jason garrett and I'm having red zone problems....I'm not throwing the fade to Bennett I'm throwing it to Dez 2/3 attempts from inside the 5. He is supposed to win that matchup. I wonder if this is one of those throws that Tony just isn't good at. Because it's hard to believe we can't use one of our biggest weapons on offense inside the 5.

I'm sending this to Garrett right now.

Shutgun 11 formation.
Dez out to the wide side of the field.
Austin and 3rd WR on the near side.

Dez = fade
Austin = slant
Witten = curl
Felilx = block/release to flats
3rd WR = out/pick for austin

Romo reads the defense and if he reads zone he can make austin or witten his primary.

If he see's Dez with a mismatch he must make this throw and dez must make this play.

How haven't we seen this play in the redzone /rant

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-28-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Because it's illegal. And busch league.
it's only illegal if you get caught. and teams sign players all the time off of upcoming opponents to get insider information every now and then...it's a competitive advantage. This is something that should have been addressed at halftime. Go with a silent count or change it up. Bowen did what any player trying to win a super bowl would do. I'd be pretty naive to think anyone would just keep that info to themselves.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-28-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
comments in bold
Well it's nice to hear that Bennett isn't a complete waste, but I think we played our cards wrong with him. His trade value is in the dumps now, when at one point the Bengals were offering a high pick for him. We keep waiting and waiting on him... this offseason's excuse was probably the best one yet... "He's married now, so he'll be more mature and that will lead to him finally fulfilling his potential." Meh. He is what he is... A 2nd round bust who has only managed to establish himself as a good blocker who provides very little as a receiver and makes a lot of mental mistakes.

As for Kosier, I probably am harder than him than most, but what I don't do is blind myself to his poor performance on the season so far. His mistakes are not acceptable anymore. Is he really still in charge of making the calls along the line? I thought Garrett was raving about Costa in that regard in the preseason. If so, I'm starting to hate Costa even more. Makes me miss Al Johnson. lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it's only illegal if you get caught. and teams sign players all the time off of upcoming opponents to get insider information every now and then...it's a competitive advantage. This is something that should have been addressed at halftime. Go with a silent count or change it up. Bowen did what any player trying to win a super bowl would do. I'd be pretty naive to think anyone would just keep that info to themselves.
Pretty much the anthem for cheaters. There's a right way to do things and a wrong way. We're not naive to believe it's not happening, but as I said before... if true, I lost some respect for Bowen. ...not that that matters to anyone or anything... The real chumps are the ones that were yelling out the cadence during the game. Not sure if Bowen was that involved, but at the same time.... I can't be "naive" to think he wasn't. lol.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Interesting food for thought. Today in a btb article they touched on our teams grades in the redskins game according to pff.

Could Houck get fired and Sparano come back as the OL/running game coordinator. That would be one hell of a deal for the cowboys. IK it's crazy talking about things like this...but our OL and running game hasn't been good since Houck got here and Sparano leaving really hurt us there. Something to think about as we watch the dolphins scramble and our RB's try to make gains with no holes.
The way our OL has been performing, I wouldn't be shocked to see this happen by midseason as soon as Sparano is fired. But it'd be partly unfair to Houck. Jerry and Garrett put him in this situation. They are the ones that put this line together and were overconfident about their abilities. I put more blame on Garrett too. He's really the one who seems to be calling the shots on player personnel decisions.

Jerry NEVER did this in the past. He would fill immediate OL needs in FA/trade and he used the draft to develop O-Linemen. That philosophy changed with Garrett. I actually liked the way Jerry used to do things in that sense. When we had needs at Guard...BAM, Marco Rivera...Kyle Kosier...Leonard Davis come to town. Then when Free was ready, he became the starter... It's clear as day that Garrett's plan is handicapping this team. They're simply not ready. The interior is a major sore spot. There was hope that somehow they'd manage, but I think Romo's punctured lung and our lack of pass and run blocking says it all. The old Jerry would've signed a mid to top tier Guard and used a 2nd rounder on a Center (Wisneiwski?) like he did in Gurode and Al Johnson. We sure as heck cut a lot of guys... we surely could've signed a good Guard in FA, and Kosier wouldn't have needed to be moved.

Houck getting the blame is partially unfair.

At least they're doing the right thing with Arkin. Arkin is gonna be a very solid player for us once he's ready.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Am I the only one who can't believe we can't execute a fade correctly more than once or twice a year?

Is it really that hard to throw a fade or back shoulder fade to dez...That should be almost automatic but yet we insist on spreading them out and trying to shove it up the middle?
I don't think it's Tony, the 1 to Dez vs the Jets was perfect. The 1 to Marty B should have been caught to, but he's lazy and stupid. Yes it could have been higher and to the back of the end zone but he wasn't going to catch it regardless. We should be throwing it to Dez minimum of 1 time down there, but as you said 2/3 plays the odds. You can't double him down there that close, and he'll make a play on the ball.

I'm guessing it was because it was hampered we didn't throw it to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
How does everyone feel about our chances against Detroit? Yea they're 3-0, but 2 of those wins came against 0-3 KC and 0-3 Minnesota, and Minnesota was up by 20 at half.

They have some nice weapons on offense but they are flat out bad along the line, especially the Tackle spots. They haven't been able to run the ball very effectively and Jared Allen seemed to be living in the backfield on passing downs. Rob will have a game-plan to expose their line and test Stafford's decision making under pressure.

I think this will be another slugfest that goes down to the wire, and our Defense answers the call again.
I look at it the same way I looked at the Washington game. There was a ton of doom and gloom, but it's not as bad as it seems. I worry like hell about Suh blowing up Nagy and Costa all day, but the D still is playing so great that they can keep them in the game. People have to remember that Stafford is still young with little experience. Rob Ryan is going to exploit any issues he has. Now the O-line issues make it a really bad matchup on offense because of Suh's presence. We'll see what happens, but not much would surprise me at this point. It will be a close game that the Cowboys may win again because Detroit is still young at several spots.

The turnovers have been the key in every game so far this season, and when you have a young QB with very few starts then you have to wonder how many turnovers a stingy defense can squeeze out of him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I think Detroit is a much better team then Washington. That, and what elite players do the Skins have? Orakpo maybe. That's it. Calvin and Suh are a different story. Then again, I'm fine with going into every game thinking we'll lose and we end up winning :)

I think I saw we face the Patriots after the bye, so yea. Not gonna say I really "expect" to win these next 2 games, but we are good enough to no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't think it's Tony, the 1 to Dez vs the Jets was perfect. The 1 to Marty B should have been caught to, but he's lazy and stupid. Yes it could have been higher and to the back of the end zone but he wasn't going to catch it regardless. We should be throwing it to Dez minimum of 1 time down there, but as you said 2/3 plays the odds. You can't double him down there that close, and he'll make a play on the ball.

I'm guessing it was because it was hampered we didn't throw it to him.
Personally, I don't even like fades. I know they work sometimes, but I've never been a fan. That sequence when we had the ball at the goalline was just terrible. Garrett calls a run up the middle (when will he learn?), then panic... pass, pass...

Getting the ball to the 2 yard line on 1st down and not getting it in the endzone is Garrett's achilles heel. He's GOT to fix that to improve as a HC/OC.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well I think Detroit is a much better team then Washington. That, and what elite players do the Skins have? Orakpo maybe. That's it. Calvin and Suh are a different story. Then again, I'm fine with going into every game thinking we'll lose and we end up winning :)

I think I saw we face the Patriots after the bye, so yea. Not gonna say I really "expect" to win these next 2 games, but we are good enough to no doubt.
Yeah, I think that Detroit is better than Washington. I think the pass rush will be enough to keep Calvin from being too much of a factor. I know he's god like and all so I expect him to do something, but I think they'll get to Stafford more than enough times to keep him from going wild on them.

With Suh I look at Suh, then I look at Nagy. I look at Costa, then back at Suh again. I see Kosier, and then I miss Larry Allen and Nate Newton. :(

Quote:
Personally, I don't even like fades.
What's wrong with fades? They are really good haircuts. Fades feel good in the Texas summer. :D

Old 09-28-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Detroit is only 3-0 because of how comically bad the vikings are. The vikings killed them the whole first half. Living in the midwest it's fun to watch how bad the vikings can screw up.

Detroit had nothing going on offense...nothing. Minnesota's OL is arguably a downgrade over our line right now...thats how bad they are...and they were able to drive the ball up and down the field in the first half.

Jeff Backus played one of the worst games at LT I've ever seen. Robison and Allen were all over the backfield in the first half. You wanna stop megatron you get to Stafford. Minnesota lost this game because of one big play to calvin johnson in overtime. They didn't give Backus much help and Stafford had a lot of hits in the first half.

The recipe to beat the Lions is pressure. Get to Stafford before his WR's have a chance to get down field and get open. The only thing that worries me this game is Javid Best. Rob Ryans defenses usually get exposed by backs out of the backfield. We saw it against the Jets LT having a huge game. If the lions can get him the ball in open space we might be in trouble.

We are talking about a team that is 26th in the league in rushing yards yet 7th in attempts. They are as one dimensional as you get. And in todays NFL that is a problem. It's not that they don't run the ball...it's that you don't have to scheme to stop it...

17 points could very well win this game. Keep in mind that every player in our front 7 graded out above average against the redskins and you'll see that us getting pressure or not getting pressure will be the deciding factor of this game. We aren't going to shutdown megatron but with 2 people you can hope to contain him and give your offense a chance to get a couple of scores.

I wouldn't be surprised if 17 points is enough for us to win this game. However not having WR's to threaten their weakness at CB might be the dagger. We need Dez to be healthy enough to dominate the one on ones. If he can do that in combination with what we can expect from witten I think we have a fighting chance to win this game. 2TE set is going to be used a ton against detriot just like it was against washington in the 2nd half. If we had Austin I don't think this game would even be close.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-28-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Personally, I don't even like fades. I know they work sometimes, but I've never been a fan. That sequence when we had the ball at the goalline was just terrible. Garrett calls a run up the middle (when will he learn?), then panic... pass, pass...

Getting the ball to the 2 yard line on 1st down and not getting it in the endzone is Garrett's achilles heel. He's GOT to fix that to improve as a HC/OC.
I doubt this stat is out there. But if we want to call dez an elite player with his ball skills this route is basically automatic. It was for Randy in MN and it's about as automatic as you can get in detroit right now. I don't get why you don't like fades....it allows your best player to go one on one for 6 points. As long as the throw is decent the better player should come down with this almost every time. The only way to truly stop it is to bracket the WR with your CB playing outside leverage...and if you do that you lose a man in the box. If you have the talent it should be your primary goal line play. Because not only does it put you in position to let your playmaker make a play for you...it forces the defenses hand. Do you want to stop the fade or the run....if you are gonna cheat someone out...then that opens up the middle for your TE....just too many good reasons to throw it than bad. A properly thrown fade should be impossible to intercept. And it's a pass that doesn't change.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-28-2011, 03:40 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix Jones practiced today and should be starting Sunday. Good news.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I doubt this stat is out there. But if we want to call dez an elite player with his ball skills this route is basically automatic. It was for Randy in MN and it's about as automatic as you can get in detroit right now. I don't get why you don't like fades....it allows your best player to go one on one for 6 points. As long as the throw is decent the better player should come down with this almost every time. The only way to truly stop it is to bracket the WR with your CB playing outside leverage...and if you do that you lose a man in the box. If you have the talent it should be your primary goal line play. Because not only does it put you in position to let your playmaker make a play for you...it forces the defenses hand. Do you want to stop the fade or the run....if you are gonna cheat someone out...then that opens up the middle for your TE....just too many good reasons to throw it than bad. A properly thrown fade should be impossible to intercept. And it's a pass that doesn't change.
It takes an incredibly accurate QB. Maybe my opinion is based on all the times I've seen it fail due to other QBs messing it up which shouldn't necessarily be tied to Romo. But yeah, I'm not particularly a fan. How many times do we see QBs throwing it out of bounds (not even giving their WRs a chance) or throwing it in such a tight spot for the WR to get his feet inbounds or throwing it too short (making it entirely easy to intercept). Add the degree of difficulty on the WR to catch it with his back facing the ball (running for separation, but not too much because he has to stay in bounds) or contorting his body in the air to catch it against a defender. I think it's fool's gold. When done right, yeah, it's supposed to be easy... but somehow it's never that easy.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just get nervous with fades...but in theory, we should have no problem with them.

But still...my biggest problem down there is that Garrett gets all shotgun friendly in the first place. Put Romo under Costa's butt, and have your TEs on the damn field. You have three pass catching TEs...put them on the field in the goaline, it doesnt take a genius. We never target the TE at the goaline. This shotgun BS needs to stop.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-28-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Detroit is only 3-0 because of how comically bad the vikings are. The vikings killed them the whole first half. Living in the midwest it's fun to watch how bad the vikings can screw up.

Detroit had nothing going on offense...nothing. Minnesota's OL is arguably a downgrade over our line right now...thats how bad they are...and they were able to drive the ball up and down the field in the first half.

Jeff Backus played one of the worst games at LT I've ever seen. Robison and Allen were all over the backfield in the first half. You wanna stop megatron you get to Stafford. Minnesota lost this game because of one big play to calvin johnson in overtime. They didn't give Backus much help and Stafford had a lot of hits in the first half.

The recipe to beat the Lions is pressure. Get to Stafford before his WR's have a chance to get down field and get open. The only thing that worries me this game is Javid Best. Rob Ryans defenses usually get exposed by backs out of the backfield. We saw it against the Jets LT having a huge game. If the lions can get him the ball in open space we might be in trouble.

We are talking about a team that is 26th in the league in rushing yards yet 7th in attempts. They are as one dimensional as you get. And in todays NFL that is a problem. It's not that they don't run the ball...it's that you don't have to scheme to stop it...

17 points could very well win this game. Keep in mind that every player in our front 7 graded out above average against the redskins and you'll see that us getting pressure or not getting pressure will be the deciding factor of this game. We aren't going to shutdown megatron but with 2 people you can hope to contain him and give your offense a chance to get a couple of scores.

I wouldn't be surprised if 17 points is enough for us to win this game. However not having WR's to threaten their weakness at CB might be the dagger. We need Dez to be healthy enough to dominate the one on ones. If he can do that in combination with what we can expect from witten I think we have a fighting chance to win this game. 2TE set is going to be used a ton against detriot just like it was against washington in the 2nd half. If we had Austin I don't think this game would even be close.
Yeah, I'm not really buying these Lions just yet. They've had a cupcake schedule and they'll have one all season. How often we see this in the NFL. Bad teams bounce back quickly with an easy schedule, and then people think they are better than they are when they really aren't.

They are much improved and have some legit stars, but they haven't faced a tough opponent yet. ...and I wouldn't dare call us a tough opponent either. So if they beat us, their hype will get even more inflated. I hope we smash them and bring them back to earth. I heard on the radio this morning, some Fox sports analyst (Zack and Jack) has them in his Top 5 NFL teams! oh boy.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Felix Jones practiced today and should be starting Sunday. Good news.
I was hoping to see more of Murray last week to see what we've got in him. Glad he's showing signs of being healthy. I hope he gets the ball more as a receiver.

Pretty good participation in today's Cowboys talk guys.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I just get nervous with fades...but in theory, we should have no problem with them.

But still...my biggest problem down there is that Garrett gets all shotgun friendly in the first place. Put Romo under Costa's butt, and have your TEs on the damn field. You have three pass catching TEs...put them on the field in the goaline, it doesnt take a genius. We never target the TE at the goaline. This shotgun BS needs to stop.
I'm really baffled with the lack of throwing at Witten on the goal line. Seriously, this guy is the best in the game because he's got great footwork and hands. He should be the main target if Austin and Dez are out/banged up.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Lee is the NFC Defensive Player of the Month for September... BOOYAH!

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...layer-of-month

Let's give it up for our very own heat seeking missle.

TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm really baffled with the lack of throwing at Witten on the goal line. Seriously, this guy is the best in the game because he's got great footwork and hands. He should be the main target if Austin and Dez are out/banged up.
Garrett has a philosophy that the ball should to go to a TE who is better known for blocking, bad route running and the dropsies.

Great HC.... Struggling OC... that's Garrett. I was really hoping we'd have found a new OC with his promotion to HC. Sigh.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

JJ said Buehler is still sticking around.

Quote:
"Buehler is too big of an asset for us not to count on him the rest of the year," Jones said.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS