Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-03-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Given the chaos in Miami -- how about Dom Capers for DC?

Not HC, DC.
I love capers I remember reading in a article about his work ethic. I don't have the article but wiki sums up what it said.

Quote:
He was also famous because he kept a 17 hour per day work schedule and sleeping just five hours per night, often on a couch in his office.
I also would seriously look at the NE staff, particularly the DB Coach. With the talent they have lost ... wow. To still be this good.
If Parcells is still the coach...it will be one of his guys I'm afraid.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.
I love capers I remember reading in a article about his work ethic. I don't have the article but wiki sums up what it said.

Quote:
He was also famous because he kept a 17 hour per day work schedule and sleeping just five hours per night, often on a couch in his office.
I think that kind of slavish micro managing and studying works well for coordinators. But, Capers to mind as I was hearing about the Miami soap opera and god knows that D played well all season with less talent than Dallas.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:
I also would seriously look at the NE staff, particularly the DB Coach. With the talent they have lost ... wow. To still be this good.
Obviously, but BP likes getting younger coaches and pulling them up. Belichick was a nobody and not well considered when he picked him for the GMen.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:
TO for Jenkins straight up. We need a guy to throw fades and jump balls too.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:
I think that kind of slavish micro managing and studying works well for coordinators. But, Capers to mind as I was hearing about the Miami soap opera and god knows that D played well all season with less talent than Dallas.
They allowed about 15ypg less running....25ypg less per passing....and 10 ppg overall. I would gladly welcome him aboard.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:
Don't pooh pooh Capers, BP likes older mature coaches too. Took back Belichick after Cleveland.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:
Maybe in madded :roll:

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:
They allowed about 15ypg less running....25ypg less per passing....and 10 ppg overall. I would gladly welcome him aboard.
3-4 Guy and the originator of the Zone blitz I think.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:
Jenkins can play. If proposed, you don't think ATL does that in the off season to get some fannies in the seats and placate Vick?

Let me point out TO would do great in spite of drop in ATL. TO can break off routes on Vick scrambles and Vick can just heave it up there for TO.

I think TO could easily have 1600 yards in that type of Offense with that type of QB.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:
Jenkins can play. If proposed, you don't think ATL does that in the off season to get some fannies in the seats and placate Vick?
This isn't about what we think...this is a business its more than just...who can I trade for to get people in the seats. You gotta worry about cap numbers...why do you think player for player trades are so far and few between?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:
This isn't about what we think...this is a business its more than just...who can I trade for to get people in the seats. You gotta worry about cap numbers...why do you think player for player trades are so far and few between?
Because Player for Draft Picks are a better source of currency. Use of Draft Picks allows you to store value and then use later.

Same reason you rather get cash than barter goods.

Dude, I am a finance and economics guy by training.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:
Because Player for Draft Picks are a better source of currency. Use of Draft Picks allows you to store value and then use later.

Well, maybe you should stick to that, then. Because you've demonstrated a very sophomoric understanding of the way things work in the NFL. For instance, a FS just being a corner-back with less than ideal speed and good ball skills? That is f-ed in the head four ways from Friday, and yet you continue to push that kind of Madden-type idiocy as if it's valid. I don't know why a stand-up, knows-his-stuff guy like Thule is even carrying on with you.

Not to be rude or anything.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not HC, DC.

Quote:

Well, maybe you should stick to that, then. Because you've demonstrated a very sophomoric understanding of the way things work in the NFL. For instance, a FS just being a corner-back with less than ideal speed and good ball skills? That is f-ed in the head four ways from Friday, and yet you continue to push that kind of Madden-type idiocy as if it's valid. I don't know why a stand-up, knows-his-stuff guy like Thule is even carrying on with you.

Football was invented by a P/E Major. Please don't complicate it too much.

Second, don't Fing tell me what the a FS is moron. But yes, the better FS in this league have Corner skills but less than ideal corner speed and hip roll. Ed Reed anyone? Please explain Rod Woodson too imbecile.

You have no F*** clue how GMs are manning up tommorrow's safety position and how it is being taught. The new rules, the move to more athletic TEs, the increase in 3-4 WR sets and RB catching balls 20 yards downfield have CHANGED how DBs need to play and SAFETIES IN PARTICULAR. Safeties have lots more coverage responsibilities nowadays -- even gasp man to man.

In the old days a Safety was just that....... a guy to double a WR or play run support.

The moron is you. Your ideas of football are about 20 years behind the time. Get BP's tapes. Maybe you will learn something.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

I hate folks who want to argue points of disagreement by simply attacking the person or saying "well I said so" so arguemtn is over. Talk of sophmoric.

I think Zibby stinks. Thule thinks he is good. Fine. He makes his point (Playmaker) and I make mine (Slow and SS material more than FS). But atleast we have some basis for an opinion even if we disagree.

But some imbecile with no substance and worse yet arguing regurgitated ESPN BS ANALYSIS drives me bonkers.

SECOND, only one GM in Dallas and that is Jerry Jones. Only one Head Coach, BP. All the stuff we talk about is just that talk. So Shut the F up with all this "well this is unrealistic and the other is not" with respect to Player moves and positioning.

All the crap on this site is just that CRAP meant to entertain and enlighten. No one here is graduating to GM any day soon.

Let us argue and make our points -- even if somewhat out-of-the-box who knows. Out of the box ideas are how the Wheel was created.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:

Another buffoon with no original ideas or creative ones.

Keep posting Emoticons, beats stringing together good ideas and projecting them into something interesting even if controversial.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Keep posting Emoticons, beats stringing together good ideas and projecting them into something interesting even if controversial.
what's your deal, your so uptight. don't take it personal that the majority of people on here think you ideas are moronic.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:25 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I hate folks who want to argue points of disagreement by simply attacking the person or saying "well I said so" so arguemtn is over. Talk of sophmoric.

I think Zibby stinks. Thule thinks he is good. Fine. He makes his point (Playmaker) and I make mine (Slow and SS material more than FS). But atleast we have some basis for an opinion even if we disagree.

But some imbecile with no substance and worse yet arguing regurgitated ESPN BS ANALYSIS drives me bonkers.

SECOND, only one GM in Dallas and that is Jerry Jones. Only one Head Coach, BP. All the stuff we talk about is just that talk. So Shut the F up with all this "well this is unrealistic and the other is not" with respect to Player moves and positioning.

All the crap on this site is just that CRAP meant to entertain and enlighten. No one here is graduating to GM any day soon.

Let us argue and make our points -- even if somewhat out-of-the-box who knows. Out of the box ideas are how the Wheel was created.
I don't exactly think Zibby is an ideal FS. I think he compliments what Watkins doesn't have. I think he would be a good player to have yet not stunt Watkins development. I think he would be able to contibute on all special teams areas...which is where his main attributes give value. He would essentially replace Davis on our team.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2007, 11:29 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

what's your deal, your so uptight. don't take it personal that the majority of people on here think you ideas are moronic.
Same here, I think you are moronic too and worst yet you are a backward looking person who is stumbling into the future.

Tell you what, just give me credit when I am right and leave it at that.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

I don't exactly think Zibby is an ideal FS. I think he compliments what Watkins doesn't have. I think he would be a good player to have yet not stunt Watkins development. I think he would be able to contibute on all special teams areas...which is where his main attributes give value. He would essentially replace Davis on our team.
Good analysis. No disagreement on the analysis. I would conclude, however, that I would rather use a 2/3 rounder for other priorities.

Wow, clean argument where we agree to disagee. Got it Paul?
Old 01-03-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Good analysis. No disagreement on the analysis. I would conclude, however, that I would rather use a 2/3 rounder for other priorities.

Wow, clean argument where we agree to disagee. Got it Paul?
The closer draft day gets...the further he falls...If we have 4 first day picks I won't be surprised to see him here if hes available. I will admit that I dont' think he warrants a second round selection anymore...mainly due to our defenses and ol decline.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
WHAT!?!?!?! You just described yourself!

Quote:
An ESPN guy talking about Mora leaving ATL and what needs to be done to keep fannies in the seats.
Quote:
I am not assigning probabilities. Just repeating.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Does anyone here live near in or around Dallas, and if so do you listen to 1310 or 103.3 ?

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
WHAT!?!?!?! You just described yourself!

Quote:
An ESPN guy talking about Mora leaving ATL and what needs to be done to keep fannies in the seats.
Quote:
I am not assigning probabilities. Just repeating.
Show me analysis I have done to support a conclusion I have made.

I also said Dom Capers for DC b/c I heard his name on TV. That is not analysis idiot.

Here is an example of an idiot analysis from ESPN I heard to often this season in spite of facts on the field -- week 10 Sean Salisbury "I think Carolina is going to the SB because ...." then hearing fans repeat the same points almost verbatim to agree with Sean. That kills me.

When I repeat points, I give proper deference.

When I do my own homwork, I want credit for it. Like bashing Bradie James wayyyyyyyyyyy before T New came out and before Mosley wrote yesterday's article.

Till I said it, no one was talking about it in the media. I put a few posts here, there and on the DMN blog and here it goes.........
Old 01-03-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Does anyone here live near in or around Dallas, and if so do you listen to 1310 or 103.3 ?
No, what are they saying about the Boys?