Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-03-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Should Marshawn Lynch fall to us -- do we take him?

While not a priority a TB improvement would really help the OL "play better," much like the change in QB.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 02:07 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Well, Saban quit. Capers is up for the job and the D players love him. Also Houck is on that staff.

If Capers does not get it it would be nice to see BP and JJ going to South Florida to pick up some staff.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Does anyone here live near in or around Dallas, and if so do you listen to 1310 or 103.3 ?
I live near Dallas and occasionally listen to the Ticket, why do you ask? I would probably listen to ESPN too if the signal wasn't so weak cuz I can't pick it up where I live.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
$KidCowboy$
Rookie

$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCU
Does anyone here live near in or around Dallas, and if so do you listen to 1310 or 103.3 ?
I live near Dallas and occasionally listen to the Ticket, why do you ask? I would probably listen to ESPN too if the signal wasn't so weak cuz I can't pick it up where I live.
You guys are lucky. I live next to NYC and I have to listen to Giants radio. Sucks.

Thanks Tobzilla
$KidCowboy$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 03:24 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Well, Saban quit. Capers is up for the job and the D players love him. Also Houck is on that staff.

If Capers does not get it it would be nice to see BP and JJ going to South Florida to pick up some staff.
Well given BP's comments today, JJ maybe looking for an entire staff.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Quote:

What did he say today?
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase
Quote:
Quote:

What did he say today?
Not what he said but how. Spent way too much time talking about how he and Jerry have a process in place already to decide on if he stays or goes. Just seemed really down.

Also, Giants may fire Coughlin and Acorsi is leaving. BP maybe back in Giants land as GM and Coach. Kinda sick but he is a NJ guy and still needs the dough supposedly.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
But some imbecile with no substance and worse yet arguing regurgitated ESPN BS ANALYSIS drives me bonkers.
WHAT!?!?!?! You just described yourself!

Quote:
An ESPN guy talking about Mora leaving ATL and what needs to be done to keep fannies in the seats.
Quote:
I am not assigning probabilities. Just repeating.
Show me analysis I have done to support a conclusion I have made.

I also said Dom Capers for DC b/c I heard his name on TV. That is not analysis idiot.

Here is an example of an idiot analysis from ESPN I heard to often this season in spite of facts on the field -- week 10 Sean Salisbury "I think Carolina is going to the SB because ...." then hearing fans repeat the same points almost verbatim to agree with Sean. That kills me.

When I repeat points, I give proper deference.

When I do my own homwork, I want credit for it. Like bashing Bradie James wayyyyyyyyyyy before T New came out and before Mosley wrote yesterday's article.

Till I said it, no one was talking about it in the media. I put a few posts here, there and on the DMN blog and here it goes.........
I don't know how many people here disagreed with you that bradie was too slow to be covering the middle.

There are a couple of reasons..I personally backed him
A- He's out defensive leader...calls all the shots out there
B- He wouldn't have to take such a deep drop if we trusted out safeties to come up and make the play....or if we got some damn pressure on the qb.
C- I also said he wouldn't be traded because of the extention....this is where your credibility went down the drain. You didnt' come in here and tell us anything we didn't know by saying Bradie James isn't fast enough to be in coverage...we all knew that...which is why our pressure/safety play is so important to our defense.

If we are gonna have a bulky middle...your not gonna run N/S on us...but in the same time if we dont' get to you....either
A- Flats will be open
B- Deep middle will be open (when safeties are playing to deep to keep the big play from happening)
C- Short middle (LB's are playing deeper trying to cover the hole left by the safeties playing deeper...leaving the short routes open. This is what we are seeing in the past 3-4 games.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
But some imbecile with no substance and worse yet arguing regurgitated ESPN BS ANALYSIS drives me bonkers.

Quote:
An ESPN guy talking about Mora leaving ATL and what needs to be done to keep fannies in the seats.
Quote:

I also said Dom Capers for DC b/c I heard his name on TV. That is not analysis idiot.

Here is an example of an idiot analysis from ESPN I heard to often this season in spite of facts on the field -- week 10 Sean Salisbury "I think Carolina is going to the SB because ...." then hearing fans repeat the same points almost verbatim to agree with Sean. That kills me.

When I do my own homwork, I want credit for it. Like bashing Bradie James wayyyyyyyyyyy before T New came out and before Mosley wrote yesterday's article.

Till I said it, no one was talking about it in the media. I put a few posts here, there and on the DMN blog and here it goes.........
I don't know how many people here disagreed with you that bradie was too slow to be covering the middle.

B- He wouldn't have to take such a deep drop if we trusted out safeties to come up and make the play....or if we got some damn pressure on the qb.
C- I also said he wouldn't be traded because of the extention....this is where your credibility went down the drain. You didnt' come in here and tell us anything we didn't know by saying Bradie James isn't fast enough to be in coverage...we all knew that...which is why our pressure/safety play is so important to our defense.

If we are gonna have a bulky middle...your not gonna run N/S on us...but in the same time if we dont' get to you....either
A- Flats will be open
B- Deep middle will be open (when safeties are playing to deep to keep the big play from happening)
C- Short middle (LB's are playing deeper trying to cover the hole left by the safeties playing deeper...leaving the short routes open. This is what we are seeing in the past 3-4 games.
So Thule, let me ask you, if Bradie is too slow to cover and has poor technique too ANDDDD Roy is too slow to cover and has poor technique .... and with a 3-4 where we play lots of 2-Deep Zone .......

What do you do with today's Offenses attacking the middle of the field with TEs running 4.6, RB running 4.3 and WR running 4.4?

Please play GM and Coach for me cuz I wanna know. Keep running the Derby with three legs?

I recommend trading them or benching them or playing them on short yardage only. I recommend we scrap their contracts. Plenty of cap room left anyway to ge a few other select FA that can really help.

Jerry made a horrid mistake signing both and is further evidence of how little Jerry knows about football. He can not tranlate XOXOs into player acquisition and retention. He just bust out the check book and pays for the Brand Name regardless of effectiveness.

Will Jerry admit it? No. Jerry hates admitting his draft picks suck and usually gives them more money than they deserve after their first contract expires.

So you are right in a sense that if betting in Vegas I would put all my chips that both medicore players are back. My realistic, desperate hope is they lose some Fing weight -- like 20-30 pounds apiece -- and work on improving foot speed and technique. My outside possible hope is one or the other is tradable.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:32 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

A- Flats will be open
Lemme point out both Pitt and SD play with light and fast 3-4 ILBs while also being tough rugged teams.

I am not crazy in my conclusions about the Cowboys needing changes in the SS and ILB position.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

A- Flats will be open
Lemme also point out that every team that plays 3-4 in this league -- plays their ILB between 225 and 245 with the exception of Andra Davis in CLE. All of them have 1-2 ILB under 240 with speed in the 4.45 - 4.55 range.

Only the Dallas Cowboys are playing ILB 250 to 260 in the 3-4 with speed 4.6 and way up.

Also pointing out that FS and SS in the 3-4 tend to get lots of tackles and tend to be lighter and fster. Reason is they play lots of 2 Deep. Most 3-4 SS and FS are 215 to 195.

Only the Cowboys have 230lb "ankle tackler" which means he is slow in NFL speak.

Just facts.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

A- Flats will be open
I would even argue their DEs are too big. Too fat. Not enough speed. They are all playing 300 plus practically.

I pointed out some time back the Cowboys D was last, or close to, in tackles behind the LOS.

These are facts.

BP has made ONE serious strategic mistake since coming to the Cowboys, He has built a D based on bulk and has ignored speed and play making. Someone, somehwere needs to wake up to this. To me the results on the field support these central themes for the team.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Listen, I'm going to respond once to you once and then be done.

In the first place, it is readily apparent by the way that you express yourself that you are either a very young boy, or someone with a maturity problem. This comes across in two ways : 1) the way that your posts are structured, in reference to the rhythm and flow of your speech and 2) the way that you quickly degenerate into name-calling and malicious accusations when confronted about the inanity of your posts. Don't think people can't tell.

In the second place, it has been obvious from the day that you signed on (not even a month ago, and yet you are throwing yourself around as if you are a 10-year vet) that you simply do not understand the way that personnel is evaluated for NFL purposes. For example, the way that you are so in love with the idea of Roy Williams moving to LB, which is one of the most common assertions for the novice evaluator. The line of reasoning goes like this : "Roy Williams is a safety, yet he hits really hard, plays the run very well, and often struggles in coverage.......why don't we just move him to LB?".

Well, the consequences of doing something like that are far reaching, and not nearly as simple to implement. The biggest thing is body frame. Every person has what you call an "ideal weight", where their body operates at its most premium level. This is determined in large part by the skeletal frame of the individual, as well as the body mass and muscle level....in addition to the person's metabolism. Roy Williams optimum weight is between 215-225, which is about 25-35 pounds below the mark that a player needs to be at to play LB in our scheme. In addition to that, he is a player that relies upon building up a head of steam, and is used to working in space....as opposed to taking on OGs and TEs like he would be required to as a LB.

Needless to say, it's a stupid idea. Parcells has enumerated on more than one occassion to that effect. Roy has the ability to be a great safety, but he would be out-manned at LB. So, this is the type of crap that you push off as being the off-the-cuff, "hey, this is a good idea" course that you propose this team should take, but in reality is something that would only work in the world of Madden. This goes for your idea of moving Henry to FS, as well as some of your other even crazier ideas. It is not as simple as you make it out to be, and that is why I advised that you should stick to your day job.

Again, no rudeness intended.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:|

I don't know how many of you checked out my mock draft that I put out...but I would definately go check it out.

Dallas traded up to 14 from Carolina and draft Ginn. We gave up our first and second picks. I really find the second pick as a wash..because lets face it...we have 3-4 guys who have contracts coming up in the next year or two and we will have a decision to make. This is our chance.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't know how many of you checked out my mock draft that I put out...but I would definately go check it out.

Dallas traded up to 14 from Carolina and draft Ginn. We gave up our first and second picks. I really find the second pick as a wash..because lets face it...we have 3-4 guys who have contracts coming up in the next year or two and we will have a decision to make. This is our chance.
*Cringe* I'm really really not big fan of Ginn. But I understand why alot of cowboys like him, he's a gamebreaker with unbelievable speed. I mean if he falls to us, than I would feel alittle bit better about taking him. But I would not trade 1st and a 2nd. I understand we have players under contracts, but I really do believe we alot of positions we need to address in the draft.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:

*Cringe* I'm really really not big fan of Ginn. But I understand why alot of cowboys like him, he's a gamebreaker with unbelievable speed. I mean if he falls to us, than I would feel alittle bit better about taking him. But I would not trade 1st and a 2nd. I understand we have players under contracts, but I really do believe we alot of positions we need to address in the draft.
What positions? I find us a team with very few needs

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:

What positions? I find us a team with very few needs
I take back the word ALOT, but I'm just a big proponent of the man in your sig. If we do such a trade I rather do it for him.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:

I wouldn't go Ginn but we do need the speed and young on Offense. Interesting.
Old 01-03-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine

In the first place, it is readily apparent by the way that you express yourself that you are either a very young boy, or someone with a maturity problem. This comes across in two ways : 1) the way that your posts are structured, in reference to the rhythm and flow of your speech and 2) the way that you quickly degenerate into name-calling and malicious accusations when confronted about the inanity of your posts. Don't think people can't tell.

In the second place, it has been obvious from the day that you signed on (not even a month ago, and yet you are throwing yourself around as if you are a 10-year vet) that you simply do not understand the way that personnel is evaluated for NFL purposes. For example, the way that you are so in love with the idea of Roy Williams moving to LB, which is one of the most common assertions for the novice evaluator. The line of reasoning goes like this : "Roy Williams is a safety, yet he hits really hard, plays the run very well, and often struggles in coverage.......why don't we just move him to LB?".

Well, the consequences of doing something like that are far reaching, and not nearly as simple to implement. The biggest thing is body frame. Every person has what you call an "ideal weight", where their body operates at its most premium level. This is determined in large part by the skeletal frame of the individual, as well as the body mass and muscle level....in addition to the person's metabolism. Roy Williams optimum weight is between 215-225, which is about 25-35 pounds below the mark that a player needs to be at to play LB in our scheme. In addition to that, he is a player that relies upon building up a head of steam, and is used to working in space....as opposed to taking on OGs and TEs like he would be required to as a LB.

Needless to say, it's a stupid idea. Parcells has enumerated on more than one occassion to that effect. Roy has the ability to be a great safety, but he would be out-manned at LB. So, this is the type of crap that you push off as being the off-the-cuff, "hey, this is a good idea" course that you propose this team should take, but in reality is something that would only work in the world of Madden. This goes for your idea of moving Henry to FS, as well as some of your other even crazier ideas. It is not as simple as you make it out to be, and that is why I advised that you should stick to your day job.

I never wanted, or want to, move Roy to LB with this D. Please show me the post cuz it don't exist. Are just another liar or delusional? Have other thoughts but not that one.

No rudeness intended.

Henry played some FS last week, so I guess the Cowboys D staff is crazy too. Still don't understand why Henry to FS is crazy. Not like CB to FS has not been done. Regardless, have yet to hear any analysis as to whether he can or he should. Just blanket statements with no analysis or facts. Got facts?

Don't let your wordy posts and gravitas tone fool you -- you are frustrated GM on a message board with very little to say.

Again, again, no rudeness intended.

Darren Woodson went from LB to FS, Tedy Bruschi from NT to ILB, Junior Seau from OLB to ILB, Trevor Pryce from OLB to NT, Davis in Carolina from S to OLB -- and YES, Roy, in a 4-3, could play WOLB. But Dallas does not run that Defense so he will never do it in this type of D -- by the way that is called circular reasoning which is what you are using with the Roy argument.

Again, again, again, no rudeness intended.

Old 01-03-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:

I never wanted, or want to, move Roy to LB with this D. Please show me the post cuz it don't exist. Are just another liar or delusional? Have other thoughts but not that one.

No rudeness intended.

Henry played some FS last week, so I guess the Cowboys D staff is crazy too. Still don't understand why Henry to FS is crazy. Not like CB to FS has not been done. Regardless, have yet to hear any analysis as to whether he can or he should. Just blanket statements with no analysis or facts. Got facts?

Don't let your wordy posts and gravitas tone fool you -- you are frustrated GM on a message board with very little to say.

Darren Woodson went from LB to FS, Tedy Bruschi from NT to ILB, Junior Seau from OLB to ILB, Trevor Pryce from OLB to NT, Davis in Carolina from S to OLB -- and YES, Roy, in a 4-3, could play WOLB. But Dallas does not run that Defense so he will never do it in this type of D -- by the way that is called circular reasoning which is what you are using with the Roy argument.

I suggested actually that Roy could be one of our nickel linebackers...he worked there in camp...obviously his coverage skills are not spectacular but he can hit and tackle like a linebacker, which is what is really important in the nickel. Doing that would allow us to pair 2 better safeties in deep patrol while alleviating some of the problems our linebackers are having...
Old 01-03-2007, 09:07 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Will you ever get a new Sig?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Henry's best asset is his ability to play physical press coverage. His biggest liability is he gives up some big plays.

How does that make you want to move him to safety?

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
Quote:

No rudeness intended.

I suggested actually that Roy could be one of our nickel linebackers...he worked there in camp...obviously his coverage skills are not spectacular but he can hit and tackle like a linebacker, which is what is really important in the nickel. Doing that would allow us to pair 2 better safeties in deep patrol while alleviating some of the problems our linebackers are having...
Not a bad idea. Don't know how it would work but it is a way of trying to use Roy better. Roy as a Rover / Freelancer on passing situations.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah anyone who wants to move Henry to safety is dumb. Pat Watkins is our starter there and I like him. A 6-5 ballhawk, we were all gettin a boner off him last year. Why can't we be patient with some of these guys? Watkins and Carp will be starters for the Cowboys so get used to it.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdallas
Henry's best asset is his ability to play physical press coverage. His biggest liability is he gives up some big plays.

How does that make you want to move him to safety?
Well if we play more 2 Deep Zone to cover up for Roy and Watkins then Henry is also not being used to his best.

So what is the solution? Go back to Cover 1 in order to play into Roy and Anthony's strengths but pray Watkins develops or a pash rush develops????

To me, there is philosophy that need to emerge here on what kind of D makes sense. Based on selecting a strategy, personnel moves make sense.

I assume this team is moving towards a predominately 2 Deep Zone coverage scheme. So Press Corners are not as important. Everything I have read is this where teams are moving b/c of the way the rules have changed to benefit receivers.

But tell me the D we want and I have some ideas on personnel.