Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,489
Reputation: 98039
Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
So dropping a snap in Seattle is not on Tony? Or the fact he could not find open WR all day versus a Seahawks secondary with no starting CBs and one CB signed off the street for the game??????
I remember specifically being very upset with the ultra conservative play calling. Don't forget this was Parcells last year and many of us on here were yelling that they didn't try and take advantage of that beatup secondary. The playcalling in that game was way too conservative. Romo had an okay game that day.

And No, I don't put a bobbled snap on a FG on the starting QB.


Quote:
Or his horrid second half versus the Giants? The throw into quadruple coverage for the RW McQuarters pick off? 18/36 for 201 yards? 336 yards to the GMen 230. 36 minutes possession for Cowboys to 23. We scored 3 points in the second half essentially with our first possession of the 3rd Q? GMen scored at the beginning of the 4th and Cowboys did nothing the entire fourth.
I remember that game very differently. That INT at the end was a desperation play and no one was open. That's silly to call that play a 'horrid' INT when the Giants knew the only thing we could do was throw into the endzone.

You also forget two great throws he made to Crayton that if Crayton makes a very average play for an NFL WR, we may not even be having this converstaion because Romo had taken that 07 team to the SB.

And while you're bashing Romo for his performance against that Giants defense, let's not forget that the great Tom Brady didn't exactly light up that Giants defense. Romo had a very similar day to what Brady had.

Quote:
I dunno, but not very distinguished. At some point, to me, it is all about the QB making plays when it matters..... that is POSITIVE PLAYS when it matters.
Romo makes plenty of positive plays. It's just a matter of minimizing the negative plays.
__________________
In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I remember specifically being very upset with the ultra conservative play calling.......
Me thinks Parcells was much smarter than the last two coaches combined when it comes to Tony Turnover. Parcells knew TT, but better a chance with TT then none with Dredsloe.

And TT's problem is bad plays in key moments of the game. Mostly 4th Q. Mostly when they are AHEAD IN THE SCORE.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 10-06-2011 at 01:50 PM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,489
Reputation: 98039
Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Me thinks Parcells was much smarter than the last two coaches combined when it comes to Tony Turnover. Parcells knew TT, but better a chance with TT then none with Dredsloe.

And TT's problem is bad plays in key moments of the game. Mostly 4th Q. Mostly when they are AHEAD IN THE SCORE.
Parcells was conservative with pretty much everyone except Bledsoe. It was Romo's first year; I don't fault Parcells for being conservative. I just think that gameplan was too conservative given the issues they had in the secondary.
__________________
In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Me thinks Parcells was much smarter than the last two coaches combined when it comes to Tony Turnover. Parcells knew TT, but better a chance with TT then none with Dredsloe.

And TT's problem is bad plays in key moments of the game. Mostly 4th Q. Mostly when they are AHEAD IN THE SCORE.
I absolutely LOVED Parcells! Still think he is one of the best defensive talent evaluators the game ever had. But nobody is perfect and Parcells certainly had his fair share of faults while coaching here in Dallas.

He also had a very tough trust issues amongst his assistant coaches.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: God blessed Texas
Posts: 21,598
Reputation: 4438003
MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I absolutely LOVED Parcells! Still think he is one of the best defensive talent evaluators the game ever had. But nobody is perfect and Parcells certainly had his fair share of faults while coaching here in Dallas.
Not to beat a dead horse here, but his drafting in Dallas was almost putrid. His saving grace was the 05 draft with Ware/Ratliff/Canty/Barber, and even then, Jerry was the one that kept him from taking Marcus ******* Spears in the spot where we took Ware. Sure wish he had some of that magic talent evaluating when he was here. :/
__________________
MetSox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Today is the day I get over the loss.

Alright, we've got a lot of season left so there's no sense in moping around forever. There are a lot of teams sitting at 2-2 right now who are either thankful to be there (Raiders, Bengals, Browns) and teams that still have aspirations to go all the way (Falcons, Bears, Steelers, Jets). Then there is us. America is doubting this team like they are 0-4 or something... including many in Cowboys Nation (like me lol).

But here are some reasons why we can look forward to still having a successful season:

1. We haven't been blown away like we don't belong and our schedule has not been easy. We've given two teams sitting at 3-1 their only losses (SF, WAS). The other 2 teams are a 4-0 Lions squad and a Superbowl favorite, Jets team. We would have cause to be concerned if some of our losses came to notably weak teams, but that hasn't been the case.

2. Our losses have come at our own mistakes. Whether those mistakes are correctable or not is yet to be seen, but history is not on our side exactly. Perhaps it has come to a critical point in Tony's career where he realizes he must take better measures to change the way he plays the game to limit mistakes. Perhaps Garrett will have finally learned that he needs to reign in his QB. If the 2 of them can learn from our early season downfalls, then that alone can change this teams fortunes around.

3. Injuries have limited our team's ability to play at their full potential. But guys are starting to get healthy again and that is a good sign. Dez declared himself 100% for the NE game. Reports are that Miles Austin will be back ready as well for the same game. Scandrick will finally be back and our secondary will be at full strength (I don't expect Sensy to miss any time). Jason Hatcher will be back after the BYE after missing the DET game. Felix's shoulder should be better and Romo's punctured lung??? It never happened as far as I'm concerned. Dockery will be out but should be back after the NE game.

4. The team has had to endure a steep learning curve during this first quarter of the season. But things should get better and better as the season progresses if we stay healthy.

Our young inexperienced OL compacted by injuries and a lack of history playing with each other, has been a major sore spot. The gelling process is far from over, but they have shown signs of improvement.

Newly signed Laurent Robinson showed immediate gains and will fill the hole we previously had with our #3 WR concern.

New DC Rob Ryan continues to implement more and more into the defense as each new game passes and so far he's done a great job... so great that I think he's our early season MVPU....Most Valuable Pick Up! :) Surely as the season progresses and our secondary returns to full strength, we can hope to expect things to get better defensively. I think that will especially be true within our division rivals. A new DC means new study for them and it may take a while to get adjusted so that gives us an advantage. I think we already saw that in the Washington game where the Redskins struggled to put up points against us whereas against the Giants (who have more talent than us on D)...the Skins put up 28 points.

4. Our schedule provides for favorable weather conditions. Historically, our team has struggled in cold weather conditions. We are a finesse team that relies too heavily on the pass and playing poor conditions have their negative effects. Put us indoors and on turf... that's where we want to be, but if we can't we want as favorable conditions as we can get. Playing in New England and Philly in October rather than December really helps. Our December away games at Arizona and Tampa Bay are also kind considering it could be a lot worse. So @WAS in Nov and @NYG in Dec are really the only 2 games left that we will have to toughen up for. Other than that, we are at our comfy new stadium which bodes well.

5. Breaking up the schedule into 4 quarters.

1st Quarter: 2-2 record. Not really where we should've been, but admittingly and ok result.

2nd Quarter (@NE, vs STL, @PHI, vs SEA): 2-2 conservatively, 3-1 optimistically
The 2 games vs STL and SEA at home seem like gimme games. Those are 2 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. If we lose to them, then we should seriously reconsider our expectations on the season. Now if we can grab 1 of the 2 games vs NE or PHI, then I think we will start to get into real contention amongst our division rivals. Coming off a bye gives us a better chance than normal vs the Pats and Philly seems to be reelin' right now... at the beginning of the season, this looked like a much tougher match up.

3rd Quarter (vs BUF, @WAS, vs MIA, @ARZ): 3-1 conservatively, 4-0 optimistically
This appears to be the easiest part of the schedule. BUF is not as strong as their record indicates and it being a home game, I expect a win. @WAS could be a tough one and could go either way. There will be a revenge factor here. Miami is toast. Sparano could be gone by the time this game comes around. @ARZ... we always seem to have our hands full with this team. But they are 1-3 and just don't have the buzz they used to generate as underdog favorites.

4th Quarter (vs NYG, @TB, vs PHI, @NYG): 1-3 conservatively, 2-2 optimistically
This is where the season gets tough and our metal is tested. I expect all 3 teams to battling for playoff position or playoff entry. If we can get through this string of games with a 1-3 win/loss record entirely based off my conservative projections then we'd be sitting at 8-8. If we take one of the optimistic projections then we'd be at 9-7. If we take 2 of the the optimistic projections then we'd be at 10-6. If we take all of the optimistic projections then we'd finish 11-5.... sorry, but that ain't happenin' folks. :)

But I do think a wildcard birth at 9-7 (the SF win or DET loss could be keys) or a 10 win-and-in is within reach.

SO LET'S GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Not to beat a dead horse here, but his drafting in Dallas was almost putrid. His saving grace was the 05 draft with Ware/Ratliff/Canty/Barber, and even then, Jerry was the one that kept him from taking Marcus ******* Spears in the spot where we took Ware. Sure wish he had some of that magic talent evaluating when he was here. :/
Yeah... maybe I give him too much credit... hmm...

I know his OL picks were absolutely TERRIBLE.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,489
Reputation: 98039
Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

D, two things about your post.

I think the biggest concern, the young OL, gives me the most reason for optimism. They've just played 3 pretty beastly front 7s and came out looking okay.

And I thing one thing is interesting about the schedule - I'm going to make the prediction that the last game against the Giants will be meaningless for one of the teams. Either Dallas or NYG will have wrapped up their spot. How about that for optimism? Of course, it could mean we have tanked and the Giants are resting players. :)
__________________
In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
D, two things about your post.

I think the biggest concern, the young OL, gives me the most reason for optimism. They've just played 3 pretty beastly front 7s and came out looking okay.

And I thing one thing is interesting about the schedule - I'm going to make the prediction that the last game against the Giants will be meaningless for one of the teams. Either Dallas or NYG will have wrapped up their spot. How about that for optimism? Of course, it could mean we have tanked and the Giants are resting players. :)
Well I think we differ on our backwards perspective of the play of our OL. I think they've played badly. Really badly. Free has looked like a different player from last year, playing completely sloppy. If I'm not mistaken, Kosier is leading us in sacks allowed, Costa's snaps were outta control, Nagy gets no push, we have had a ton of penalties, our pass protection got Romo a punctured lung and we don't open holes in the run game...short yardage sitations??? Forget about our OL moving forward a single yard. Our rookie RT has looked the best out of all of them which is sad and unexpected.

I wish I could see them in the same light that you do, but I just don't. We need interior OL help in the worst way. Next year, I expect Free to move to the Right. I think Kosier should move back to LG THIS SEASON if things don't get better. His position change hasn't helped him and I doubt how much it really is helping Smith. Free might benefit from playing next to Kosier better.

I mean really, if our OL was good, then I think we'd be smooth sailing. Tony wouldn't be pressured as much in the pocket, our RBs would have holes to run through... I'm tempted to believe that's the ONLY thing this team needs from being legit SB contenders. They are the worst unit on the team. Worse than our secondary.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ft. Worth, TX
Posts: 2,489
Reputation: 98039
Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I didn't say they were good. I said there is reason for optimism because against some really good front 7s, they have been respectable.

The running last week wasn't that bad; Garrett just forgot about it. Broadus has made a couple of comments about how things have been blocked well and our backs seem to be making poor cuts or have not done of good job of seeing things. My optimism comes directly from his reports because I think he really knows what he's talking about. BTW, he said Free was much better this week. I think we are really set at OT for years to come. I agree that we need reinforcements on the interior OL.
__________________
In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I didn't say they were good. I said there is reason for optimism because against some really good front 7s, they have been respectable.

The running last week wasn't that bad; Garrett just forgot about it. Broadus has made a couple of comments about how things have been blocked well and our backs seem to be making poor cuts or have not done of good job of seeing things. My optimism comes directly from his reports because I think he really knows what he's talking about. BTW, he said Free was much better this week. I think we are really set at OT for years to come. I agree that we need reinforcements on the interior OL.
Regarding the RBs... I think he's talking about Felix. Felix has indeed made some questionable moves. I thought it might be attributed to his sore shoulder, but it looked like he was playing a bit timid at times. For the most part though.... there simply has been no room to run. I don't think they are being used right to be honest. They should be pulling and trapping a lot more. Worked like a charm on Felix's first TD run against the Jets when he coasted into the endzone. I haven't seen that play run since. I see them trying to run forward and we just aren't built for that up the middle. I have yet to see a screen run to the right behind Smith. A bunch to the left, especially to our TEs last Sunday... but I want to see Tyron Smith hauling ass and mowing down defenders like he did at USC.

That's why I've bashed Garrett saying stuff like I think he has 4 running plays in his 500 page playbook. lol. He's just terrible. We need Paul Chryst here!!!

I remember this article being the biggest tease.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/...oys-head-coach

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-06-2011 at 04:45 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Sooooooooooooo..... How do we get Peyton Hillis in Dallas?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4,652
Reputation: 1535395
Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sooooooooooooo..... How do we get Peyton Hillis in Dallas?
What's the point? We'll be back here bitching about how Garrett under-utilizes yet another running back. If anything we should trade our current RBs for more WRs and just play 5 wide.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Not to beat a dead horse here, but his drafting in Dallas was almost putrid. His saving grace was the 05 draft with Ware/Ratliff/Canty/Barber, and even then, Jerry was the one that kept him from taking Marcus ******* Spears in the spot where we took Ware. Sure wish he had some of that magic talent evaluating when he was here. :/
OK, in four years Parcells developed (drafted, picked up and developed) a bunch of Pro Bowlers.

This line of reasoning is beyond navel gazing and misses the point about Player Personnel.

But the insanity continues.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
What's the point? We'll be back here bitching about how Garrett under-utilizes yet another running back. If anything we should trade our current RBs for more WRs and just play 5 wide.
*goes back into my hole*
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Been on this horse for a long time ....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...ersatile-model
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
OK, in four years Parcells developed (drafted, picked up and developed) a bunch of Pro Bowlers.

This line of reasoning is beyond navel gazing and misses the point about Player Personnel.

But the insanity continues.
There's no doubt he left Dallas in much better hands than when he arrived.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Been on this horse for a long time ....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/...ersatile-model
What are you whinning about? We brought back Elam who you kept crying about since he left. Now he's back and you're hardly backing him up...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,357
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sooooooooooooo..... How do we get Peyton Hillis in Dallas?
Please get him. He has a fumbling issue. I can only imagine Dallas after Hillis fumbles followed by a Romo int. LOL.

Seriously, I think he is over rated personally. He was a turn over machine last year. Do you really need that type of issues on your team? I am no Dallas fan, but good lord, that can't be a good thing, if both and Romo start taking turns turning it over. I cringe and I am not even a fan.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,300
Reputation: 177994
FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Today is the day I get over the loss.

Alright, we've got a lot of season left so there's no sense in moping around forever. There are a lot of teams sitting at 2-2 right now who are either thankful to be there (Raiders, Bengals, Browns) and teams that still have aspirations to go all the way (Falcons, Bears, Steelers, Jets). Then there is us. America is doubting this team like they are 0-4 or something... including many in Cowboys Nation (like me lol).

But here are some reasons why we can look forward to still having a successful season:

1. We haven't been blown away like we don't belong and our schedule has not been easy. We've given two teams sitting at 3-1 their only losses (SF, WAS). The other 2 teams are a 4-0 Lions squad and a Superbowl favorite, Jets team. We would have cause to be concerned if some of our losses came to notably weak teams, but that hasn't been the case.

2. Our losses have come at our own mistakes. Whether those mistakes are correctable or not is yet to be seen, but history is not on our side exactly. Perhaps it has come to a critical point in Tony's career where he realizes he must take better measures to change the way he plays the game to limit mistakes. Perhaps Garrett will have finally learned that he needs to reign in his QB. If the 2 of them can learn from our early season downfalls, then that alone can change this teams fortunes around.

3. Injuries have limited our team's ability to play at their full potential. But guys are starting to get healthy again and that is a good sign. Dez declared himself 100% for the NE game. Reports are that Miles Austin will be back ready as well for the same game. Scandrick will finally be back and our secondary will be at full strength (I don't expect Sensy to miss any time). Jason Hatcher will be back after the BYE after missing the DET game. Felix's shoulder should be better and Romo's punctured lung??? It never happened as far as I'm concerned. Dockery will be out but should be back after the NE game.

4. The team has had to endure a steep learning curve during this first quarter of the season. But things should get better and better as the season progresses if we stay healthy.

Our young inexperienced OL compacted by injuries and a lack of history playing with each other, has been a major sore spot. The gelling process is far from over, but they have shown signs of improvement.

Newly signed Laurent Robinson showed immediate gains and will fill the hole we previously had with our #3 WR concern.

New DC Rob Ryan continues to implement more and more into the defense as each new game passes and so far he's done a great job... so great that I think he's our early season MVPU....Most Valuable Pick Up! :) Surely as the season progresses and our secondary returns to full strength, we can hope to expect things to get better defensively. I think that will especially be true within our division rivals. A new DC means new study for them and it may take a while to get adjusted so that gives us an advantage. I think we already saw that in the Washington game where the Redskins struggled to put up points against us whereas against the Giants (who have more talent than us on D)...the Skins put up 28 points.

4. Our schedule provides for favorable weather conditions. Historically, our team has struggled in cold weather conditions. We are a finesse team that relies too heavily on the pass and playing poor conditions have their negative effects. Put us indoors and on turf... that's where we want to be, but if we can't we want as favorable conditions as we can get. Playing in New England and Philly in October rather than December really helps. Our December away games at Arizona and Tampa Bay are also kind considering it could be a lot worse. So @WAS in Nov and @NYG in Dec are really the only 2 games left that we will have to toughen up for. Other than that, we are at our comfy new stadium which bodes well.

5. Breaking up the schedule into 4 quarters.

1st Quarter: 2-2 record. Not really where we should've been, but admittingly and ok result.

2nd Quarter (@NE, vs STL, @PHI, vs SEA): 2-2 conservatively, 3-1 optimistically
The 2 games vs STL and SEA at home seem like gimme games. Those are 2 of the 5 worst teams in the NFL. If we lose to them, then we should seriously reconsider our expectations on the season. Now if we can grab 1 of the 2 games vs NE or PHI, then I think we will start to get into real contention amongst our division rivals. Coming off a bye gives us a better chance than normal vs the Pats and Philly seems to be reelin' right now... at the beginning of the season, this looked like a much tougher match up.

3rd Quarter (vs BUF, @WAS, vs MIA, @ARZ): 3-1 conservatively, 4-0 optimistically
This appears to be the easiest part of the schedule. BUF is not as strong as their record indicates and it being a home game, I expect a win. @WAS could be a tough one and could go either way. There will be a revenge factor here. Miami is toast. Sparano could be gone by the time this game comes around. @ARZ... we always seem to have our hands full with this team. But they are 1-3 and just don't have the buzz they used to generate as underdog favorites.

4th Quarter (vs NYG, @TB, vs PHI, @NYG): 1-3 conservatively, 2-2 optimistically
This is where the season gets tough and our metal is tested. I expect all 3 teams to battling for playoff position or playoff entry. If we can get through this string of games with a 1-3 win/loss record entirely based off my conservative projections then we'd be sitting at 8-8. If we take one of the optimistic projections then we'd be at 9-7. If we take 2 of the the optimistic projections then we'd be at 10-6. If we take all of the optimistic projections then we'd finish 11-5.... sorry, but that ain't happenin' folks. :)

But I do think a wildcard birth at 9-7 (the SF win or DET loss could be keys) or a 10 win-and-in is within reach.

SO LET'S GO COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!
Glad you crawled down off the ledge......Great post...Best way to look at games are by quarters, and that's why I've been optimistic after these first 4 games. Our losses are our own doing, brand new def. coord/system, numerous injuries....Things can really come together here soon. I see a playoff team if we stay healthy.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Please get him. He has a fumbling issue. I can only imagine Dallas after Hillis fumbles followed by a Romo int. LOL.

Seriously, I think he is over rated personally. He was a turn over machine last year. Do you really need that type of issues on your team? I am no Dallas fan, but good lord, that can't be a good thing, if both and Romo start taking turns turning it over. I cringe and I am not even a fan.
Is he? Haven't really followed. It's a pipe dream anyways. He would add a new dimension to this finesse offense.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,357
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is he? Haven't really followed. It's a pipe dream anyways. He would add a new dimension to this finesse offense.
He had 10 fumbles last year. He would add value but he would add the ability to turn the ball over. Imagine you guys getting mad when Romo does his turnover thing.

Then you say JG need to run the ball. So perhaps JG listens and decides to use PH. Except this time, he turns the ball over too, lol.

Cue Dallas fans and action!

Trust me it would be bad if that happened. Can your fan base with two guys who do well, but turn the ball over?

Tony Romo and Tony Romo RB version. LOL.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,274
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
He had 10 fumbles last year. He would add value but he would add the ability to turn the ball over. Imagine you guys getting mad when Romo does his turnover thing.

Then you say JG need to run the ball. So perhaps JG listens and decides to use PH. Except this time, he turns the ball over too, lol.

Cue Dallas fans and action!

Trust me it would be bad if that happened. Can your fan base with two guys who do well, but turn the ball over?

Tony Romo and Tony Romo RB version. LOL.
Well he wouldn't get the same kind of load that he had last year. Plus, I've seen RBs correct that issue many times in the past. It's not really same for QBs.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,357
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well he wouldn't get the same kind of load that he had last year. Plus, I've seen RBs correct that issue many times in the past. It's not really same for QBs.
If he can then good. We corrected Tiki's issues but only when coughlin was our HC. Fassel had no idea how to correct it. If JG and the RB coach can't then what? Plus I am not sold on him anyways. I think he is overrated.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,886
Reputation: 296885
Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sooooooooooooo..... How do we get Peyton Hillis in Dallas?
I wish we would have had the stones to pick up Blount when he was cut last season. Blount and Felix = Love lol
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.