Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-07-2011, 02:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I wish we would have had the stones to pick up Blount when he was cut last season. Blount and Felix = Love lol
I don't expect any "characters" to be picked up while Garrett is now calling the personnel shots.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well I think we differ on our backwards perspective of the play of our OL. I think they've played badly. Really badly. Free has looked like a different player from last year, playing completely sloppy. If I'm not mistaken, Kosier is leading us in sacks allowed, Costa's snaps were outta control, Nagy gets no push, we have had a ton of penalties, our pass protection got Romo a punctured lung and we don't open holes in the run game...short yardage sitations??? Forget about our OL moving forward a single yard. Our rookie RT has looked the best out of all of them which is sad and unexpected.

I wish I could see them in the same light that you do, but I just don't. We need interior OL help in the worst way. Next year, I expect Free to move to the Right. I think Kosier should move back to LG THIS SEASON if things don't get better. His position change hasn't helped him and I doubt how much it really is helping Smith. Free might benefit from playing next to Kosier better.

I mean really, if our OL was good, then I think we'd be smooth sailing. Tony wouldn't be pressured as much in the pocket, our RBs would have holes to run through... I'm tempted to believe that's the ONLY thing this team needs from being legit SB contenders. They are the worst unit on the team. Worse than our secondary.
I think you hit the nail right on the head with moving Kosier back to the left side helping the line and Free in general. Unfortunatly, I think teams would resort to overloading the right side to create communication issues between three young players.

Overall, physical strength issues from Nagy and Costa are huge issues when playing 3-4 defenses. Both the Jets and Niners were effective by creating inside pressure from stunts and bull rushes in their gap assignments. They simply couldn't hold ground let alone get a push in the run game. Rex even went as far as playing Wilkerson extensively on the right side to take advantage of this mismatch. Although the Skins run a 3-4 scheme the strength is their LB corps rather then the strength of the line and were often caught over pusuiting plays. In 4-3 fronts the assignments are more straight foward and against the Lions, JG gambled by playing Kosier 1 on 1 with Suh. This afforded Nagy the luxary of a constant Costa double team on Corey Williams; all in all a sucessful venture. (Side note: how weak is Akrin if the only knock the coaches had was his strength)

Personally I think the line is in much need of a mauler inside, Ben Grubbs would help if he is available next year along with a solid draft class including road graders like Cordy Glenn and Brandon Washington.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you guys feel about having a BYE week now? I used to hate having it early. How do you guys feel of having an early BYE?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need it. The team is all banged up. I used to hate early byes, but the timing of this one couldnt be better. The team needs to heal up, and having two weeks to prepare for New England is going to be very beneficial.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We need it. The team is all banged up. I used to hate early byes, but the timing of this one couldnt be better. The team needs to heal up, and having two weeks to prepare for New England is going to be very beneficial.
I am glad our BYE week is later. This way people can get rest, come back who are hurt now and not playing. Soon the PUP list people come back off the list too. So I like having later BYE weeks, especially since historically we tend to get hurt and get people on IR later in the season.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:39 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bye obviously sucks after Romo's last performance...would've been MUCH better going into the bye after a huge dominating win that it initially shaped up to be.

Otherwise...I was frowning on the early bye when the schedules were first released...Now I'm about as ecstatic as can be. Team hasn't had many of it's core pieces knicked up all year.
-Dez but no Austin, Austin but no Dez
-Jenkins and Scandrick starting, which turned into Jenkins and Ball starting, which turned into Newman coming back with Jenkins and Ball in the slot. We'll finally get to see what Rob Ryan can scheme up with a healthy secondary.
-Romo and Witten with banged up Ribs. Felix with his shoulder.
-Dockery down, Tyron with a minor injury.
-Hatcher down.

I know there's other teams suffering more serious injuries to its starters...but it's a chance for us to get healthy and go on a real run here in the 2nd quarter of the season. Most of the injuries are serious enough that without rest can get worst throughout the season, but minor enough to keep a player on the field.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 10-07-2011 at 11:41 AM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The good thing for us...is that our injuries arent of the incredibly susbstansial variety. We have guys who just really need the extra week to get back in there. Romo, Felix, Dez, Witten, and Jenkins...among others, are dealing with the nagging or lingering type, so a week off will do them some good. And Miles, Scandrick, Fiammetta, Buehler, and Sensabaugh should all be back against New England. Had we been playing this week, they may have all been out. So yeah, it's coming at a rather opportune time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Romo having a bad performance going into a bye could certainly be a good thing, actually. It will wear on him for a while.

The guy never has bad back to back games. We could use his best againt New England. Not to mention, this gives Garrett added time to make some much needed late game playcalling adjustments. Not that he will...but he should. You know he wont, though. Garrett's playcalling still remains insanely predictable. Couldnt pay this guy to run out some clock, even if his backs were dominating a game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-07-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate defending Garrett at times, because his playcalling IS predictable......but it's still effective as hell. There's always things we wish he would do(run on goal line, run in the 4th, run on 1st down, hahaha run in general)....

BUT with that said...His offenses REMAIN at the top of the league, no matter if it's Kitna or Romo qb'ing. He needs to work on his game time situational calls...but....many of his game planning is flawless...The way he attacked the Lions Defense in the game had me in awe at times. 27-3...hahaha...with no sacks and only a few hurries, with a young o-line, a banged up WR's/RB's and QB. I'm not a Garrett apologist in the least...so don't take this at me being a blind homer.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I hate defending Garrett at times, because his playcalling IS predictable......but it's still effective as hell. There's always things we wish he would do(run on goal line, run in the 4th, run on 1st down, hahaha run in general)....

BUT with that said...His offenses REMAIN at the top of the league, no matter if it's Kitna or Romo qb'ing. He needs to work on his game time situational calls...but....many of his game planning is flawless...The way he attacked the Lions Defense in the game had me in awe at times. 27-3...hahaha...with no sacks and only a few hurries, with a young o-line, a banged up WR's/RB's and QB. I'm not a Garrett apologist in the least...so don't take this at me being a blind homer.
It's effective to a point. But as you even mentioned, we run into the same ****** playcalling issues in the same situations, over and over. And it costs us games. He's a stubborn guy. He's a pass first playcaller, who has always called a weird game in redzone/goaline and late game situations. Guy never takes advantage of having multiple receiving TEs in the goaline, and he still believes in passing a lot, deep into games, even when it's painfully apparent that we should be running the ball. His issues could be just as maddening as Romo's late game decision making. And they have cost us many a time. If he just stuck to some normal conventions, he would be much better for it. He's too smart for his own good sometimes, and again...he's all about the passing game first and foremost. It gets pretty annoying, seeing the same things repeat themselves. He certainly has his weaknesses as a playcaller.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-07-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Yea I agree 100% with everything you said. Like romo, you kind've have to take the good with the bad and just hope and pray that JG learns.

Sean Payton was(and still is to some degree) a over thinker much like Garrett, but as time passes and his experience grows, Payton has learned to dial it back and not take as many risks. I hope Garrett does the same.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story...as-ugly-losses

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea I agree 100% with everything you said. Like romo, you kind've have to take the good with the bad and just hope and pray that JG learns.

Sean Payton was(and still is to some degree) a over thinker much like Garrett, but as time passes and his experience grows, Payton has learned to dial it back and not take as many risks. I hope Garrett does the same.
Or perhaps start looking for a new QB. So you don't have to take the good with the bad. Well according to Joe T.

Theismann believes Romo 'doesn't understand' how to play QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
Old 10-07-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Or perhaps start looking for a new QB. So you don't have to take the good with the bad. Well according to Joe T.

Theismann believes Romo 'doesn't understand' how to play QB

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack
Theismann is a tool.

Here's an interesting article on how the running game across the entire league seems to be down.

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/10...ever-seen.html

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-07-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Theismann is a tool.

Here's an interesting article on how the running game across the entire league seems to be down.

http://www.cowboysnation.com/2011/10...ever-seen.html
So then you need a way to compensate.

For examples, you tell me since you see more of your teams games than I do.

Do you guys run screens?

TE screen?

WR screens?

RB screens?

How would quick X or Z hot passes where the QB catches the ball, turns and throws it quickly to the WR because the CB is playing zone or off man. Do you guys run those and how often?

How about check downs? How often you throw to your RBs?
Old 10-07-2011, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
So then you need a way to compensate.

For examples, you tell me since you see more of your teams games than I do.

Do you guys run screens?

TE screen?

WR screens?

RB screens?

How would quick X or Z hot passes where the QB catches the ball, turns and throws it quickly to the WR because the CB is playing zone or off man. Do you guys run those and how often?

How about check downs? How often you throw to your RBs?
As you know, our offensive design is to go down the field, so no. We did hear quite a bit in camp about how much they had worked on screens. I have yet to see that. We ran a good one to Bennett, but nothing really to the RBs. That's my biggest complaint about how we've managed that 4th quarter. I know we can't line up and run the lead draw every down, but we aren't doing the things like screens and clear outs for the RBs that are essentially a running play.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-07-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
As you know, our offensive design is to go down the field, so no. We did hear quite a bit in camp about how much they had worked on screens. I have yet to see that. We ran a good one to Bennett, but nothing really to the RBs. That's my biggest complaint about how we've managed that 4th quarter. I know we can't line up and run the lead draw every down, but we aren't doing the things like screens and clear outs for the RBs that are essentially a running play.
I figured that would be the case. Those are the stuff we added with the loss of Smith and Boss. Also, our OL is gelling and our running game isn't productive like it normally is.

So these passing concepts are basically high percentage plays that take the place of a running play. So we added these concepts in, and so if you running game is sluggish and the defense is giving us a certain look we have used these high percentage concepts in place of running the ball.

Also, fits with the article, if the running games are not working, then one must find a way to replace the run. These concepts, used at certain times, are a good substitute for running the ball.
Old 10-07-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
I figured that would be the case. Those are the stuff we added with the loss of Smith and Boss. Also, our OL is gelling and our running game isn't productive like it normally is.

So these passing concepts are basically high percentage plays that take the place of a running play. So we added these concepts in, and so if you running game is sluggish and the defense is giving us a certain look we have used these high percentage concepts in place of running the ball.

Also, fits with the article, if the running games are not working, then one must find a way to replace the run. These concepts, used at certain times, are a good substitute for running the ball.
Yeah, it is called the WCO.

Anybody here actually see Joe Montana run the WCO?
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 04:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some good discussion going on! Nice points made.

Having the bye turned out to be a good thing. We get a chance to get back to full strength healthy wise, and the sting of the Detroit loss will last longer which hopefully becomes a turning point to our season and Romo/Garrett learn from this.

We haven't started running screens until the Detroit game. We need more of that... and more variations. We got a freakin' weapon in Tyron Smith. Run some RB screens to the RIGHT! C'mon Garrett!
Old 10-07-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Aikman on the WFAN right now. When they archive it, I will post the link. He really is a good interview.

D unit,

conversation about the Lions and being very confident and guys now saying stuff in the media bout how good they are. lol.

Aikman is a good interview.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I split his roles into two. Game planner and play caller. He is a phenominal game planner. I mean no matter the personnel he has a scheme to make the offense tick. I rate him as one of the best in that regard. His play calling role is where he lets the Cowboys down. He abandons the run way too early and refuses to hand off to the backs on first down. IMHO Garrett + a more balanced OC calling the plays would result in a more effective offense.

Don't get me wrong I rate his game planning so high that I would ***** the high heavens if we pushed him away. I've loved what he's done for 'Cowboys culture'.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I split his roles into two. Game planner and play caller. He is a phenominal game planner. I mean no matter the personnel he has a scheme to make the offense tick. I rate him as one of the best in that regard. His play calling role is where he lets the Cowboys down. He abandons the run way too early and refuses to hand off to the backs on first down. IMHO Garrett + a more balanced OC calling the plays would result in a more effective offense.

Don't get me wrong I rate his game planning so high that I would ***** the high heavens if we pushed him away. I've loved what he's done for 'Cowboys culture'.
+1

All that. That's how I feel as well.

I really hope he gives it another go at Paul Chryst this offseason.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
+1

All that. That's how I feel as well.

I really hope he gives it another go at Paul Chryst this offseason.
Hey D-Unit, about Laurent Robinson...

Holley still better than him?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to say that I am still not a fan of the Carter pick. Easy to say now, since he wont be on the field any time soon. Hindsight makes it easier.

In hindsight, I would have taken Mallett in the third round. Every other pick would have been an offensive lineman. Our interior line looks so poor to me. There are times when I am shocked that we have won any games when you take into consideration our interior OL and our injuries.

There is a lot of Romo hate right now, and he has brought alot on himself. I know a lot of Cowboy fans that are done with Romo. I just don't see him as the biggest problem on this team. When I watch our running plays, I see the interior crumbling.

And for anyone that wants to get rid of Romo, I would say this. Come up with a realistic alternative. There is not a realistic trade available to bring in a better quarterback without mortgaging the entire team. So like it or not, Romo is the guy for the immediate future. And he is not the reason this team is struggling.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the NFC East is very interesting right now.

Redskins 3-1
Giants 3-2
Cowboys 2-2
Eagles 1-4

Before the season if you showed me these standings, I would've said that the Redskins and Eagles records were accidentally switched. The Redskins have the most balance of any team in the east at this juncture of the season. However, I don't see them having the "it" factor to win the division. Their last 8 games could be kind of brutal. Actually, all the teams in the NFC East have a slightly brutal last half schedule.

Washington

Dallas
@Seattle
NY Jets
New England
@NY Giants
Minnesota
@Philadelphia

NY Giants

@ San Francisco
Philadelphia
@New Orleans
Green Bay
@Dallas
Washington
@NY Jets
Dallas

Dallas

Buffalo
@Washington
Miami
@Arizona
NY Giants
@Tampa Bay
Philadelphia
@NY Giants

Philadelphia

Arizona
@NY Giants
New England
@Seattle
@Miami
NY Jets
@Dallas
Washington

The next 2-3 weeks are going to be extremely important for all these teams heading into the 2nd half of the season. Obviously for us this New England game I wouldn't say is crucial, but if we could eek out a win that would put us at 3-2 going into a 3 game stretch in which we should be able to go 2-1 and putting us sitting at 5-3 going into the 2nd half. If we're forced to be 4-4, it's going to be a stiff uphill battle at that point.

I'm fairly excited about this New England game. I know it's not easy to win in NE, but NE's defense doesn't scare me at all. We should be able to put up some big points against them. Our defense should be fairly healthy going into this game too. We can stop their running game and the key will be how much pressure we can get on Brady. We may have to do it without a ton of blitzes. Brady is too smart of a QB and can hit his hot routes against a blitz. He gets rid of the ball extremely quick. As for their receivers, we mainly have to account for Welker and their TE's. How we do this, I'm not sure I can answer that question. Maybe we put Newman on Welker and Scandrick on one of the TE's and hopefully Sensy can take the other TE. But then that leaves Jenkins on Ocho and a safety on Branch. That would be a recipe for disaster. We will need to disguise our coverages pretty well.

But hey, I'm not an NFL DC and I'll let that up to Ryan. He's a smart guy and he will have had 2 weeks to prepare for the Pats.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote