Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-10-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
So the NFC East is very interesting right now.

Redskins 3-1
Giants 3-2
Cowboys 2-2
Eagles 1-4

Before the season if you showed me these standings, I would've said that the Redskins and Eagles records were accidentally switched. The Redskins have the most balance of any team in the east at this juncture of the season. However, I don't see them having the "it" factor to win the division. Their last 8 games could be kind of brutal. Actually, all the teams in the NFC East have a slightly brutal last half schedule.

Washington

Dallas
@Seattle
NY Jets
New England
@NY Giants
Minnesota
@Philadelphia

NY Giants

@ San Francisco
Philadelphia
@New Orleans
Green Bay
@Dallas
Washington
@NY Jets
Dallas

Dallas

Buffalo
@Washington
Miami
@Arizona
NY Giants
@Tampa Bay
Philadelphia
@NY Giants

Philadelphia

Arizona
@NY Giants
New England
@Seattle
@Miami
NY Jets
@Dallas
Washington

The next 2-3 weeks are going to be extremely important for all these teams heading into the 2nd half of the season. Obviously for us this New England game I wouldn't say is crucial, but if we could eek out a win that would put us at 3-2 going into a 3 game stretch in which we should be able to go 2-1 and putting us sitting at 5-3 going into the 2nd half. If we're forced to be 4-4, it's going to be a stiff uphill battle at that point.

I'm fairly excited about this New England game. I know it's not easy to win in NE, but NE's defense doesn't scare me at all. We should be able to put up some big points against them. Our defense should be fairly healthy going into this game too. We can stop their running game and the key will be how much pressure we can get on Brady. We may have to do it without a ton of blitzes. Brady is too smart of a QB and can hit his hot routes against a blitz. He gets rid of the ball extremely quick. As for their receivers, we mainly have to account for Welker and their TE's. How we do this, I'm not sure I can answer that question. Maybe we put Newman on Welker and Scandrick on one of the TE's and hopefully Sensy can take the other TE. But then that leaves Jenkins on Ocho and a safety on Branch. That would be a recipe for disaster. We will need to disguise our coverages pretty well.

But hey, I'm not an NFL DC and I'll let that up to Ryan. He's a smart guy and he will have had 2 weeks to prepare for the Pats.
Rob Ryan had a much less talented Browns stonewalling the Pats. The Jets and their lack of a pass rush managed to rattle Brady at times as well which is encouraging. Despite the matchup I don't think this is a high scoring game. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Garrett show some balance and get the running game going.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We caught a break with the division losses. NY and Philly both should have won those games, we caught a break there. NE also did what we needed them to do and win. They weren't going to lose back to back games.

I'm still banking on us beating them, and losing to Seattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our schedule is a very weak one, but that doesnt really mean much. It's a rather mediocre league this year and there is a lot of parody. We can beat anyone on that schedule, and we could lose to anyone on that schedule...aside from Miami, I would hope. lol.

It's just tough to make any long term predictions...it's a week to week league with similar talent throughout. The Packers just seem head and shoulders above everyone else.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:22 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our team has issues due to injury. Not only are we stuck with people on IR, but our good players are all cheerleaders on the sideline.

At least we know Cruz is a rising star and JPP is a flat out beast. Other than that our team can give its fan agida!

I don't think we do well. We play the Pats, Saints, GB, and then division foes. LOL. Unless these idiots come back and play, we are done for. I am starting to hate our DC too! Too bad he has a built in excuse though.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I have to say that I am still not a fan of the Carter pick. Easy to say now, since he wont be on the field any time soon. Hindsight makes it easier.

In hindsight, I would have taken Mallett in the third round. Every other pick would have been an offensive lineman. Our interior line looks so poor to me. There are times when I am shocked that we have won any games when you take into consideration our interior OL and our injuries.

There is a lot of Romo hate right now, and he has brought alot on himself. I know a lot of Cowboy fans that are done with Romo. I just don't see him as the biggest problem on this team. When I watch our running plays, I see the interior crumbling.

And for anyone that wants to get rid of Romo, I would say this. Come up with a realistic alternative. There is not a realistic trade available to bring in a better quarterback without mortgaging the entire team. So like it or not, Romo is the guy for the immediate future. And he is not the reason this team is struggling.
Carter was our 2nd round pick. As you said, Mallet was a 3rd. I don't know if you were trying to say that we should've taken Mallet instead of Carter.

Interesting that you like Mallett with hindsight and defend Romo. It's along the same lines that most of us here have been talking about. There isn't another veteran that is acquirable that will make us a better team. However, there are QBs in the draft who we think we should take in the top Rounds as an heir apparent and someone who would put some real pressure on Romo to be the best player he can be in order to keep his job safe. Meanwhile, we still have time to groom and develop the guy since Romo isn't completely broken.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Hey D-Unit, about Laurent Robinson...

Holley still better than him?
Wait... you send me an apology PM and then want to call me out on something as minuscule like this? How old are you? I almost feel sorry for you. Are you in need of some special attention? Would you like to raise your e-Credit score?

If it matters that much to you, then I will say Robinson had a good game (and a ton of targets too btw), and it looks like we have our future #3 WR. One game doesn't make a player, but he looks to be on his way.

But the bottom line is whether Robinson or Holley does good, I'm sorry to tell you, but both mean good things for the Cowboys and both would make me happy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Wait... you send me an apology PM and then want to call me out on something as minuscule like this? How old are you? I almost feel sorry for you. Are you in need of some special attention? Would you like to raise your e-Credit score?

If it matters that much to you, then I will say Robinson had a good game (and a ton of targets too btw), and it looks like we have our future #3 WR. One game doesn't make a player, but he looks to be on his way.

But the bottom line is whether Robinson or Holley does good, I'm sorry to tell you, but both mean good things for the Cowboys and both would make me happy.
And we have to remember, the reason Robinson was available is because he's so injury prone. The guy has been made of glass in the past. He's shown flashes like this before; he's just got to stay healthy.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was already pretty much done listening to Deion but officially it's over.

After going overboard on his criticism of Romo (claiming that Garrett shouldn't be criticized for his play-calling same with Rob Ryan for allowing T-New to be matched up single coverage with Megatron) now he has come out to defend Michael Vick's 4 INT extravaganza. What is it with people defending Vick?

Last year Vick was lucky to not have more INTs than TDs mostly due to dropped picks. Multiple articles called for a regression to the mean for Vick meaning he was going to throw a lot of picks. -_- Now that he's back to normal Vick that can't make reads and forces the ball repeatedly it's everyone fault but his.

But Romo. All Romo's fault according to Not-so Primetime. He can't handle being out of the spotlight.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Ok then... let bigons be bigons.

As for this week, I'm pretty excited. I like the challenge. Having our top 3 corners healthy for the first time is huge.

The tight end's are gonna be the big thing though. Hernandez and Gronkowski can pose a serious problem for our D. Church/McCray will probably have a big role in covering them this week.

If only Carter was healthy now... he would be huge for coverage.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Was already pretty much done listening to Deion but officially it's over.

After going overboard on his criticism of Romo (claiming that Garrett shouldn't be criticized for his play-calling same with Rob Ryan for allowing T-New to be matched up single coverage with Megatron) now he has come out to defend Michael Vick's 4 INT extravaganza. What is it with people defending Vick?

Last year Vick was lucky to not have more INTs than TDs mostly due to dropped picks. Multiple articles called for a regression to the mean for Vick meaning he was going to throw a lot of picks. -_- Now that he's back to normal Vick that can't make reads and forces the ball repeatedly it's everyone fault but his.

But Romo. All Romo's fault according to Not-so Primetime. He can't handle being out of the spotlight.
As I've said before, someone like Aikman, Irvin, Moose, Woodson, etc., needs to call him out for trying to be the spokesman for the Metroplex. He's such a tool.

Seemed like everyone was leary of Dez when all the news came out of Deion trying to help him and Dez pretty much gave him the heisman. I was saying, hey, the fact that he distanced from Deion was a good thing, IMO.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-10-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

What is a "bigons?"

Yeah, a rookie ILB huge for coverage!
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
What is a "bigons?"

Yeah, a rookie ILB huge for coverage!
Considering he was rated to have the best athleticism of any 'backer in the draft, has a 40 under 4.4 and a 40 in vert at 6'2'' 240 with great coverage skills, yeah I would think it would be huge to have him against Hernandez and Gronkowski....

Bigons... you've never heard that expression? smh.

Nice try though....
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Considering he was rated to have the best athleticism of any 'backer in the draft, has a 40 under 4.4 and a 40 in vert at 6'2'' 240 with great coverage skills, yeah I would think it would be huge to have him against Hernandez and Gronkowski....

Nice try though....
Isn't Bigons the last name of Frodo in Lord of the Rings? :)
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be nice to have all three top corners playing next Sunday. I think Romo will bounce back and have a nice game. Don't know if I see a win, but it should be competitive.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Tony had a great weekend, no turnovers.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:

Nice try though....
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bygone

smh indeed.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
It'll be nice to have all three top corners playing next Sunday. I think Romo will bounce back and have a nice game. Don't know if I see a win, but it should be competitive.
Not only that but we might actually be able to play one full game with a 100% Austin & Dez. Still haven't seen that this year, that's a pretty huge deal because somebody is gonna be in single coverage or on the #2 corner. Also Scandrick better not be rusty if were slapping him on Welker.

I think this is the type of game this team wins. Beat the Saints and Colts past few years when they were undefeated, we usually rise up for these type of games. I think we'll win a hard fought game, but I'm fully expecting an L so I won't be too upset unless we give the game away again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

FWIW, with a healthy Austin -- we can outscore the Pats if the weather is good.

Pats D is putrid.

Thing is we can't count on any turnovers from Brady to help.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I think we can win this one, too.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Not only that but we might actually be able to play one full game with a 100% Austin & Dez. Still haven't seen that this year, that's a pretty huge deal because somebody is gonna be in single coverage or on the #2 corner. Also Scandrick better not be rusty if were slapping him on Welker.

I think this is the type of game this team wins. Beat the Saints and Colts past few years when they were undefeated, we usually rise up for these type of games. I think we'll win a hard fought game, but I'm fully expecting an L so I won't be too upset unless we give the game away again.
Man, I forgot about that. They will be such a deadly duo because both guys really go after the ball and use their size well. Not only that, but Witten is the guy that just keeps on eating up the middle of the field when people forget him. The Pats D isn't that good like others have said too, so I'm really looking forward to this game.

Sean Lee is going to get tested like crazy against all the crosses and slants that the Pats use. Time will tell, but in the end it may be them rising to the occasion like with the Colts and Saints. If there is one thing Dallas has done over the years it is really dismiss any notions of being an underdog. You doubt them too much and they'll play their asses off and prove you wrong...Now that I think of it, I'm going to start dissing them more often. Man Mike Jenkins sucksssss! Felix Jones runs like he has polio! Who the hell is Jay Ratliff again?!

Old 10-11-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am starting to think our division might be in a state of chance from the once dominant NFC East to now the avg NFC East. It was bound to happen though. If we can't win next week, I am not sure I like our chances for the season. It may come down to a team with a bad record winning the division. I am going with the assumption the redskins fall back to earth. If not, then it may be you or the redskins.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I am starting to think our division might be in a state of chance from the once dominant NFC East to now the avg NFC East. It was bound to happen though. If we can't win next week, I am not sure I like our chances for the season. It may come down to a team with a bad record winning the division. I am going with the assumption the redskins fall back to earth. If not, then it may be you or the redskins.
You could look at it as just being a down year. The Giants, as much as I hate to say it, have a great receiver in the making with Nicks. I've never really been too impressed with Eli, but he knows who the get the ball to, and he's got two good and young wideouts. The have some good options in the secondary too, and once they get healthy things will get better. I was a huge Prince mark, and I think he'll be awesome for the Giants. I absolutely hated that he went to a division rival. I really loved that guy coming out.

With the Cowboys they have the same thing with Dez that the Giants have with Nicks. Austin is also very young and very gifted as well. Witten will probably be Pro Bowl level for another 5 years too, so in terms of the passing game things will be high for a while. Maybe one day Garrett will run the ball, but on D the Cowboys have some good talent that should contribute for years such as Lee, Jenkins, Scandrick, and a big dark horse of mine in Lissemore.

The Eagles have Andy Reid. I'm glad they're sucking this year, but the guy knows how to win games and get to the playoffs. Maybe he's hit a wall, but until it happens I doubt it.

The Redskins have the tools for a great D, but they're running with Rex Grossman right now. There's still the Snyder factor, so I won't believe until they go far.

Basically I think it's just a slight down year only because the Eagles hype is leading to major letdowns so far this year. In the long run I think the East will still be a beast.

Old 10-11-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:

The Eagles have Andy Reid. I'm glad they're sucking this year, but the guy knows how to win games and get to the playoffs. Maybe he's hit a wall, but until it happens I doubt it.
Does he know how to win?

Okay, so he's not a bad coach, but let's not forget he had something really good going for him up until 2009 - Jim Johnson.

Since Johnson died, Philly has been good, but has two playoff loses in a row - one was a butt kicking to Dallas.

And I encourage some of you guys to look up their draft picks recently, especially on defense. You think the Cowboys have been bad? I think they gave up on McDermott too soon. I think the Eagles have made some really questionable moves recently, not the least of which is the $100 million albatross of Vick's contract.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 10-11-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
You could look at it as just being a down year. The Giants, as much as I hate to say it, have a great receiver in the making with Nicks. I've never really been too impressed with Eli, but he knows who the get the ball to, and he's got two good and young wideouts. The have some good options in the secondary too, and once they get healthy things will get better. I was a huge Prince mark, and I think he'll be awesome for the Giants. I absolutely hated that he went to a division rival. I really loved that guy coming out.

With the Cowboys they have the same thing with Dez that the Giants have with Nicks. Austin is also very young and very gifted as well. Witten will probably be Pro Bowl level for another 5 years too, so in terms of the passing game things will be high for a while. Maybe one day Garrett will run the ball, but on D the Cowboys have some good talent that should contribute for years such as Lee, Jenkins, Scandrick, and a big dark horse of mine in Lissemore.

The Redskins have the tools for a great D, but they're running with Rex Grossman right now. There's still the Snyder factor, so I won't believe until they go far.

Basically I think it's just a slight down year only because the Eagles hype is leading to major letdowns so far this year. In the long run I think the East will still be a beast.

Yeah, we have the tools to be good. I don't think there is a disconnect between talent and performance. For us injury and scheme usually is a function. That's why in 2009 we hired and fired Bill Sheridan after one year.

Now have, once again, people on IR. That hurts, but we could manage if the rest of the players stay healthy and play. However, now the people are hurt and missing games, but not on IR. So now we have people on IR hurting us and people not playing hurting us. So no Tuck, no Jacobs, no Baas. Maybe no Snee or Zak D long snapping. Prince is out, Koets and Barden on PUP.

I think Eli has done a great job surrounding by these young guys. Some of them can't even run the right adjustments. I hate our system so much! I bet if we changed it the rest of the fan bases can see how good Eli can be.

Eli threw for 420 yards last week. Do you realize that's the first time in his career that happened? FIRST TIME! That's our lame system. Come backs, curls, and square ins all day. So for him to be productive in this system, is amazing! Can you imagine if he was in other system?

But as of right now we can't stop the run or run the ball, which ironic because we are running team! A running team with no success running the ball. But our passing game when it wants to turn on, is nice to watch.

JPP is a beast! I will say that again for reinforcement purposes! I like Cruz too! He may be our Miles austin.

I like your team's passing game. I obviously like Ware and the NT who I can't remember.

I am not a fan of your secondary though. I think they can get bent over. I don't think it's a scheme thing either. I like your RBs but wonder why you guys don't run more. That's probably a popular sentiment. And Romo I like his production, but if the game is on the line I am not taking him. I am very, very happy with Eli. I wouldn't take Rex, or Vick either in a clutch situation.

I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop with the redskins. Will it? Or will they keep winning? That's what we need to see. I am waiting for Rex to be Rex, and things fall apart.

I always thought the Eagles were over hyped and for this reason:

This year was a year with no mini camps or OTAs. And they made a coordinator change. That alone is tough because no time for install. Now imagine moving an offensive coach to DC! And the dude hasn't done it since when he did it at HS. That's what I read! Now he is a DC in the pros, without mini camps or OTAs! HAHAH Good luck!

They also paid Vick who has a history of not staying healthy! McCoy is a beast, and their WRs have home run ability except for Steve Smith. I mean he is avg in that system! He is no Victor Cruz!!!! : P Like the dig, I put there. : )

That's pretty much how I see the division this year. I expect us not to be consistent as healthy people come back and previously healthy people leave. Except for us it's a big time cycle. Tuck comes back, Osi probably will go out. Baas and Snee come back and some other OL goes out. LOL. You can't do anything with that sort of stuff.

Oh, you said you like Prince coming out. I barely watch college football. Can you elaborate on why you like him and why you think he will be good? What do you see or did you see that got your respect?
Old 10-11-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Does he know how to win?

Okay, so he's not a bad coach, but let's not forget he had something really good going for him up until 2009 - Jim Johnson.

Since Johnson died, Philly has been good, but has two playoff loses in a row - one was a butt kicking to Dallas.

And I encourage some of you guys to look up their draft picks recently, especially on defense. You think the Cowboys have been bad? I think they gave up on McDermott too soon. I think the Eagles have made some really questionable moves recently, not the least of which is the $100 million albatross of Vick's contract.
You make a great point about Jim Johnson. The guy was a helluva coordinator in his day, and losing him was a big blow. The Vick contract was laughable because the guy is injury prone to hell, and he wasn't that good to warrant such a high deal. Reid still knows how to score, so I think he can keep them competitive for a little while longer. If they fail I'll be happy though. lol They're like the opposite of the Redskins. Every time I count them out they always come back and string together a bunch of wins to either make the playoffs or be in contention.

Also, the Cowboys haven't been too bad in the draft. There is a lot of talent found in the mid to late rounds here. The problem is that there are some pretty big misses such as Bobby Carpenter or the entire 2009 draft besides Victor Butler and McGee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post

Oh, you said you like Prince coming out. I barely watch college football. Can you elaborate on why you like him and why you think he will be good? What do you see or did you see that got your respect?
Well I'm not some guy that is going to claim to watch film and all that, so I only go by what I've seen. I'm also no expert either, so if I'm wrong I can only point to the fact that I called the Ravens Super Bowl the year they won. lol

But what I love about Prince is his ability to stick with receivers. The guy is always near them like glue. It's hard to get separation from him because he gets on his guy and locks down. He's pretty physical, but what I love is that he also knows how to give a bit of room instead of only using his hands. That should keep him from getting a lot of PI calls. He's really great with balance and control. I love corners like that. He's pretty decent in the run game too. Nothing special, but he's got the tools to be better with the right coaching. I really wanted him bad in the draft, but I'm more than happy with Tyron Smith because I'm a former lineman who loves quick guys with great feet and power. Hence my Larry Allen idolatry.

As with all things Prince has to be developed right and stay healthy, but he's got a ton to work with, and he's already a good, refined product. He's only played corner for something like 3 years too. He came into Nebraska as a RB, so it amazes me that the guy is that skilled. At worst he would be like Quentin Jammer. A guy who is really solid that gives you some stability. If he lives up to the potential I think he has then he'll be a top corner eventually.