Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-16-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel sorry for the Dallas defense. Played great all game. Yeah, they gave up the touchdown in the end, but if you would have told me before the game Dallas would hold NE to 20 points and 4 turnovers I would have laughed at you.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can't run the ball worth crap, it's cost us today and will make us an 8-8 or 9-7 type team. Because when you can't run it, it puts all emphasis on number 9, and he will choke more times than not.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
We can't run the ball worth crap, it's cost us today and will make us an 8-8 or 9-7 type team. Because when you can't run it, it puts all emphasis on number 9, and he will choke more times than not.
Maybe if every run wasn't between the tackles every time.

I just don't get it -- they never get the other team moving their feet. Always in-line blocking.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

And as usual the pass rush is dead at the end.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
I feel sorry for the Dallas defense. Played great all game. Yeah, they gave up the touchdown in the end, but if you would have told me before the game Dallas would hold NE to 20 points and 4 turnovers I would have laughed at you.
The defense has been great this year...but they always let down in this same late game situation. I knew it was over as soon as New England got the ball back. We always give up these late TDs in similar fashion every week. I certainly wouldnt blame the defense for this loss...but you just know the opposing team is going to score in this situation, because it always happens.

We keep losing in the same ways.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 06:51 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

This team has the same MO for its losses.

1) Romo INT
2) Secondary Player fumbles
3) No pass rush at the end of halves or the game
4) Lots of FG and no TD
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The defense has been great this year...but they always let down in this same late game situation. I knew it was over as soon as New England got the ball back. We always give up these late TDs in similar fashion every week. I certainly wouldnt blame the defense for this loss...but you just know the opposing team is going to score in this situation, because it always happens.

We keep losing in the same ways.
I put this on the OC/HC.

No question he managed this game to avoid Romo being the goat.

He still got an L.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not being able to ever run out the clock is a big one.

And Garrett's **** redzone/goaline playcalling is directly responsible for the lack of TDs in these areas.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I think I posted it before, but Frank Walker's snaps far outweighed those of Alan Ball's. They both suck...but Walker has actually looked decent at times, surprisingly.

we can cut Ball later tonight and I wouldn't give a damn.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-16-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn you guys are blaming JG yet again, lol? How about your DC for getting his defense shredded when it mattered?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Damn you guys are blaming JG yet again, lol? How about your DC for getting his defense shredded when it mattered?
I placed blame on both. But Garrett went into a shell in the redzone today. It was just sad. Yeah lets not run draws and shovel passes in key game situations. He gave up in the redzone on 3rd downs twice today. The guy has always been an idiot in the redzone...always.

He likes to bust out all these gimmicks down there and they never work. He finally went to some conventional playcalling at the goaline in our last two games...and we found Witten twice for TDs. But the guy has so much to learn yet, it's crazy. He calls a horrible game inside the redzone, it's his achilles heal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-16-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
This game should have been 27-20. JG played not to lose on the road to Tom Friggin Brady.

Look, JG was pass happy up 27-3 versus Detroit and it led to them throwing the game away.

Today, he was so damned conservative versus the best QB in football on the road ......

It is so half ass moronic as to get you fired.

V Detroit he need to go conservative but did not.

Versus Tom Brady he needed to go aggressive but went conservative.

Those two games are perfect examples of why he is not an OC.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I placed blame on both. But Garrett went into a shell in the redzone today. It was just sad. Yeah lets not run draws and shovel passes in key game situations. He gave up in the redzone on 3rd downs twice today. The guy has always been an idiot in the redzone...always.

He likes to bust out all these gimmicks down there and they never work. He finally went to some conventional playcalling at the goaline in our last two games...and we found Witten twice for TDs. But the guy has so much to learn yet, it's crazy. He calls a horrible game inside the redzone, it's his achilles heal.
That's fair. But the DC can't get his defense shredded like that. D ware needs to be a bigger force when it counts. 2 sacks is a sick game, but when your team needs you be a force! Brady bent you guys over and railed you.

Blame JG...fine, but that DC needs to get served more crow for that drive. When the game is on the line you can't get carved up like that.

What would you rather have him call? He is trying to call a game where his QB doesn't have much to do. Can you imagine if Romo turned it over? The place would implode.. or cowboys land would. I can see him protecting your QB. He was a QB. All in All, at the end, you guys were still in the game. Conservative playcalling or not. Damn fat DC, got his butt hole carved him. I hate both brothers so excuse me. But, his defense got owned, and owned easily.

Brady had all day on that last drive. Couple plays he stepped up and made a play to get the first down. I agree that JG should or could get blamed but if I were a cowboys fan I am VERY mad at the defense for easily getting owned when the team needed them the most.

We had lots of games like that and I told my fanbase it comes down to being clutch. Right now your team, on both sides of the ball, when you need them more often than not, aren't clutch.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

This. In his past two games he has been super aggressive with a 24 point lead and great defense. Resulting in 2 pick 6s and a blown lead. This week we have a 3 point lead and he utilizes our main weakness (inline blocking runs up the middle) to give Tom Brady enough time to have a pout, have lunch with the referees (for his roughing calls) and then lead his team to victory. Even ignoring that series how about as Moth pointed out... draws and a goddamn shovel pass for critical downs in the red zone. He's too cute to be a play-caller. Dez was ONE on ONE with no close safety help. Jump ball? Nah that won't please my Ivy league friends lets run a shovel pass into their massive middle of the line.

Rob Ryan has held the Patriots to under 30 points the last two times they have faced. The other coordinator to have done that during that period? None. Is it disheartening that our defense is stout all game but will get weak on the final drive? Yes. Tends to happen when you can't rely on your offense to drive the killing blow.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:14 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
That's fair. But the DC can't get his defense shredded like that. D ware needs to be a bigger force when it counts. 2 sacks is a sick game, but when your team needs you be a force! Brady bent you guys over and railed you.

Blame JG...fine, but that DC needs to get served more crow for that drive. When the game is on the line you can't get carved up like that.

What would you rather have him call? He is trying to call a game where his QB doesn't have much to do. Can you imagine if Romo turned it over? The place would implode.. or cowboys land would. I can see him protecting your QB. He was a QB. All in All, at the end, you guys were still in the game. Conservative playcalling or not. Damn fat DC, got his butt hole carved him. I hate both brothers so excuse me. But, his defense got owned, and owned easily.

Brady had all day on that last drive. Couple plays he stepped up and made a play to get the first down. I agree that JG should or could get blamed but if I were a cowboys fan I am VERY mad at the defense for easily getting owned when the team needed them the most.

We had lots of games like that and I told my fanbase it comes down to being clutch. Right now your team, on both sides of the ball, when you need them more often than not, aren't clutch.
Dude you are a Ryan hater ... this game (and to some degree Detroit) is all JG.

He played pocket aces like off pair 2 7 (Detroit) and then played an off pair 2 7 like pocket aces (New England).

He is an idiot.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 10-16-2011 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

...But, his defense got owned, and owned easily...

Think objectively. 4 turnovers (1 on ST) forced, held the Patriots to 20 pts (13 before the final drive) which had scored 30+ every game since last season against Rob Ryan's Browns. Playing at home where the Tomy Brady is 30-0 during the regular season. Defense kept the offense in the game not the other way around. I'm fine with owning more loyalty to Garrett and the family but cmon the defense staff had a MUCH more productive day than the offensive one.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Cowboys moved the ball the entire second half ..... was a few first down to win the game that impossible??????????
Old 10-16-2011, 07:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Dude you are a Ryan hater ... this game (and to some degree Detroit) is all JG.

He played pocket aces like off pair 2 7 (Detroit) and then played an off pair 2 7 like pocket aces (New England).

He is an idiot.
Well.. yeah I hate their personalities. That's not a big stretch. Both talk smack and are arrogant.

Also to be fair, we had that happen to Fewell, Tim Lewis, and Sheridan! So I know how it feels when your DC gets owned on the last drive. And to be fair, I said the same thing afterwards, our team is NOT clutch.

Brady had all day to throw and carved the defense up. Reminded me of of our former DCs. I hated that soooo much! Be clutch, I used to say!
Old 10-16-2011, 07:23 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Well.. yeah I hate their personalities. That's not a big stretch. Both talk smack and are arrogant.

Also to be fair, we had that happen to Fewell, Tim Lewis, and Sheridan! So I know how it feels when your DC gets owned on the last drive. And to be fair, I said the same thing afterwards, our team is NOT clutch.

Brady had all day to throw and carved the defense up. Reminded me of of our former DCs. I hated that soooo much! Be clutch, I used to say!
Look, you play odds ... giving the ball to Brady with 2 minutes plus and two time-outs is a BAD IDEA. Doing it in New England is a worse idea.

All you needed was ONE FIRST down to at least make it a FG game. Two to win. JG played it like he had the 1974 Pittsburgh Steelers Defense versus Dan Pastorini. 3 running plays up the gut versus a team with 800 lbs between the Guards??????????????????????????

As a HC you need to maximize your teams chances, not play politics with the QBs ego in a crucial situation.

And again, versus Detroit he was just the oppos. up 24 points. Why not call 15 straight running plays there and win 27-24?????????????????? 5 possession burning a minimum of 12-15 minutes with no first downs and Detroit scoring all three times it got the ball.........

Crazy how idiotic he is. He is an imbecile. No clue how to manage a game.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 10-16-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:25 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
...But, his defense got owned, and owned easily...

Think objectively. 4 turnovers (1 on ST) forced, held the Patriots to 20 pts (13 before the final drive) which had scored 30+ every game since last season against Rob Ryan's Browns. Playing at home where the Tomy Brady is 30-0 during the regular season. Defense kept the offense in the game not the other way around. I'm fine with owning more loyalty to Garrett and the family but cmon the defense staff had a MUCH more productive day than the offensive one.
Well it is object. Same thing I said when we played against them in superbowl. We stopped played and last full drive when we needed our defense with Spags we got owned! Brady carved our defense and they scored to take the lead. If it wasn't for Eli and the offense, the Pats win that game when given the chance.

Again, the defense played amazing, but like I said, be clutch when we need you. All game long sacks on Brady, but the defense when we needed them got owned by Brady and stupid Webster falls down, and Moss scores.

So I am very objective. I buried our DCs when stuff like that happens. And we had it with Spags, Sheridan, Fewell, and Tim Lewis. Quite frankly, I learned not to trust our team in a big spot.

Today I was VERY nervous these fools would choke the game away. I had Fewell on speed dial to call him! : P

JPP had a good game and manage to come up clutch. But I am consistent I would and have said the same thing when it happened to us.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Nagy broke his ankle...he's done for the year.

The dreaded high ankle sprain for Felix. Already declared out for St. Louis.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-16-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
monson
Rookie

monson hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.monson hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Draft

You guys need to start talking about the draft.... lol
monson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazing how bad the playcalling is inside the 10 yard line, simply amazing. Tight End screens and shovel passes, wooo!!
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monson View Post
You guys need to start talking about the draft.... lol
Can we draft a new play caller?
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
It's amazing how bad the playcalling is inside the 10 yard line, simply amazing. Tight End screens and shovel passes, wooo!!
Slant
Fade
Toss Sweep
QB Rollout
QB Sneak
Nake Bootleg

..... those plays need not apply.