Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-16-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Nagy broke his ankle...he's done for the year.

The dreaded high ankle sprain for Felix. Already declared out for St. Louis.
Felix injured. Shocka there.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

And Miles dropped two 3rd down completions.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont blame him too much for that 2nd one. Mccourty got a hand in there...the first one was a clean drop.

Murray had a bad drop as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
I dont blame him too much for that 2nd one. Mccourty got a hand in there...the first one was a clean drop.

All secondary to JG conspiring with Fate to lose another one we should have won.

This team's MO gets old fast as the season progresses.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

If we do what we are "supposed to do" we go 10-6. Losses at GMen, Philly and Tampa.

But we have Tony Turnover and JG so 6-10 is possible.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:48 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Murray's wasn't a "bad" drop, it was a poor throw from Romo out in front of him and down by his knees. If he hits him on the numbers Murray walks into the endzone.
Old 10-16-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No way...Aikman said it was worse than it was. That was an easy reception for a very good pass catching RB. That wasnt a bad ball at all.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Damn you guys are blaming JG yet again, lol? How about your DC for getting his defense shredded when it mattered?
Did you watch the game? The defense is not at fault here. They made Brady look like a normal QB until the last 3 min when Brady remembered who the hell he actually was.

Garrett needs to give up the playcalling. This is just unacceptable.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn you guys are blaming JG yet again, lol? How about your DC for getting his defense shredded when it mattered?
So we should blame the defense for holding the Patriots to 13 points until about 20 seconds left in the game? How does that make any sense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well.. yeah I hate their personalities. That's not a big stretch. Both talk smack and are arrogant.

Also to be fair, we had that happen to Fewell, Tim Lewis, and Sheridan! So I know how it feels when your DC gets owned on the last drive. And to be fair, I said the same thing afterwards, our team is NOT clutch.

Brady had all day to throw and carved the defense up. Reminded me of of our former DCs. I hated that soooo much! Be clutch, I used to say!
Nah, this is not a scenario like you guys and your DCs. That was Brady in the 2 min drill being the HOF QB and rock star that he is. His passes were sharp, on point, and he moved around in the pocket to escape the rush. No defense in the NFL could've stopped him. New England is legit.

We've been battling with the big boys and have been hanging in there. There's something to be said for that. I think we are close, but obviously, not in the upper tier yet. I see a lot that can be corrected though. So if we can get past these things, you might see the Cowboys surge late in the season and be ready to be a strong team in 2012.

Our penalties today were horrendous. Tyron Smith played like a rookie going through the learning curves that are expected.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Nagy broke his ankle...he's done for the year.

The dreaded high ankle sprain for Felix. Already declared out for St. Louis.
Never like Nagy. ...but now I think this team is REALLY in for it.

Again... this is all on Garrett. Jerry gave him the keys to the car and he wanted to be THE MAN making all the personnel calls. He decided to go with Nagy and Costa instead of pursuing legit FAs, so this is what we deserve as a result of his decision making. I totally expected it. Never believed "the hype" of preseason and practice. So now I am royally pissed that we are in this situation that was so easy to predict.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
And Miles dropped two 3rd down completions.
He's a guy that catches everything with his hands and that's what I like. So I don't blame him for the 2nd drop since the DB knocked it out of his hands at contact. It was amazing that he almost recovered it.

But Romo was doing what he infamously does.... locking in on an "in the moment" favorite. Dez was being ignored and that was unfortunate.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Haha. I was responding to posts one by one. Didn't realize you already said what I just said. +rep
Old 10-16-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No way...Aikman said it was worse than it was. That was an easy reception for a very good pass catching RB. That wasnt a bad ball at all.
I agree. That was very catchable.

We're going to be leaning on Murray now with Felix out, so hopefully he learns from this. I really liked what I saw from him today. He makes a nice sharp upfield cut.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
All-Pro

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He's a guy that catches everything with his hands and that's what I like. So I don't blame him for the 2nd drop since the DB knocked it out of his hands at contact. It was amazing that he almost recovered it.

But Romo was doing what he infamously does.... locking in on an "in the moment" favorite. Dez was being ignored and that was unfortunate.
To be fair Dez looked gased and ran some really lazy routes. He needs to get much more crisp and finish his routes or Tony's not going to look to him except on those sandlot plays.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 01:27 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So Choice might get traded this week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...away-rb-choice

Hope we can get an OG worth a darn.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:02 AM    (permalink
Harmonykor
Rookie

Harmonykor hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If the Rams get their first win against the Cowboys, I think I'll stop watching them this season. But I think they should definately beat the Rams.
Harmonykor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:06 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
To be fair Dez looked gased and ran some really lazy routes. He needs to get much more crisp and finish his routes or Tony's not going to look to him except on those sandlot plays.
Nope, sorry not buying it. How are we going to judge off of him not getting the ball? JG was bashed on Mike & Mike this morning as he should have, and Cris Carter basically echoed those sentiments talking about not getting Dez the ball.

He's a beast to bring down in the open field, he's out there on an island man to man, and we don't even take a shot? Even in the red zone, not one shot. He's been sure handed with everything thrown in his direction but we played to not lose the game.

I'm not buying that stuff about running routes, he has been out there embarrassing DB's daily but if he's not targeted there isn't much he can do. Did his route running look like it needed work on his 4/78 first half? When we throw in his direction good things happen, then when we don't we have to be forced to talk about how maybe he's tired or running bad routes.

He's gotten open vs everyone he's faced healthy this year, and made some great plays. NE has a horrible secondary. Please. JG has no clue what he's doing.

CC made a great point. You have to beat them when you go into Foxborough, you can't expect them to beat themselves. The two teams who did in the playoffs, Jets and Ravens, took the fight to them. We played not to lose like a 3 point lead with 3 minutes was enough time.

Dez makes a play if you give him a chance, it's silly IMO that we have to talk about things like his route running or conditioning when there is no truth to it what so ever. We just played like pussies the last 5 minutes of the game.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
All-Pro

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Nope, sorry not buying it. How are we going to judge off of him not getting the ball? JG was bashed on Mike & Mike this morning as he should have, and Cris Carter basically echoed those sentiments talking about not getting Dez the ball.

He's a beast to bring down in the open field, he's out there on an island man to man, and we don't even take a shot? Even in the red zone, not one shot. He's been sure handed with everything thrown in his direction but we played to not lose the game.

I'm not buying that stuff about running routes, he has been out there embarrassing DB's daily but if he's not targeted there isn't much he can do. Did his route running look like it needed work on his 4/78 first half? When we throw in his direction good things happen, then when we don't we have to be forced to talk about how maybe he's tired or running bad routes.

He's gotten open vs everyone he's faced healthy this year, and made some great plays. NE has a horrible secondary. Please. JG has no clue what he's doing.

CC made a great point. You have to beat them when you go into Foxborough, you can't expect them to beat themselves. The two teams who did in the playoffs, Jets and Ravens, took the fight to them. We played not to lose like a 3 point lead with 3 minutes was enough time.

Dez makes a play if you give him a chance, it's silly IMO that we have to talk about things like his route running or conditioning when there is no truth to it what so ever. We just played like pussies the last 5 minutes of the game.
Slow your role. I jumped on Garrett and to answer your question YES Dez's routes looked sloppy all game. He rounds corners instead of making sharp cuts and when he believes the ball isn't coming his way he slows down rather than fully running through. I blame conditioning more than anything but PLEASE go back and watch his routes before defending them.

'No truth to it what so ever.' based on? My eyes told me as well as numerous others on BtB that Dez didn't complete some of his routes (ones where he was blanketed and felt he had no chance on being targeted) and rounded off corners when he should have been making sharp cuts. Dez is an unbelievable talent but if you are trying to tell me the fact he's not 100% in shape as well as not the cleanest route runner doesn't factor in his targets? QBs have to trust their WRs to run their routes AS WELL as make the flashy sportcenter highlights. Dez has #2 but needs work.

On Jason Garrett I'm still championing the GET A GODDAMN OC bandwagon :P He's been miserable in the exact same areas he's always been. No improvement this offseason a move needs to happen. LOVE him as a HC HATE him as a OC. Let him gameplan and make adjustments at halftime but give play-calling to someone else.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

But with Dez, throwing a fade is not rocket science of route running -- NOT ONCE did they try the route.

Detroit however, threw it up twice to Calvin -- two TDs.

Football needs to be precise at times but at others, sheer brute force and athleticism will do.

JG played to not lose and he got what he played for.

He is conservative when he needs to be aggressive and aggressive when he needs to be conservative. That is the sign of a poor game manager.
Old 10-17-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Slow your role. I jumped on Garrett and to answer your question YES Dez's routes looked sloppy all game. He rounds corners instead of making sharp cuts and when he believes the ball isn't coming his way he slows down rather than fully running through. I blame conditioning more than anything but PLEASE go back and watch his routes before defending them.

'No truth to it what so ever.' based on? My eyes told me as well as numerous others on BtB that Dez didn't complete some of his routes (ones where he was blanketed and felt he had no chance on being targeted) and rounded off corners when he should have been making sharp cuts. Dez is an unbelievable talent but if you are trying to tell me the fact he's not 100% in shape as well as not the cleanest route runner doesn't factor in his targets? QBs have to trust their WRs to run their routes AS WELL as make the flashy sportcenter highlights. Dez has #2 but needs work.

I'm not mad or anything dude, I'm just saying talking about his route running or conditioning is nit picking. When it came down to Roy E here, he got a bunch of chances, and fumbled or dropped them away, or rounded off a route for an easy incompletion, that's evidence of something.

What my eyes tell me is when we throw to Dez it's a completion, I'm gonna judge him off when he is targeted, not when it's 3 straight running plays to close the game and assume maybe it's him.

Quote:
But with Dez, throwing a fade is not rocket science of route running -- NOT ONCE did they try the route.

Detroit however, threw it up twice to Calvin -- two TDs.

This is all I'm saying. Had we done this, we wouldn't even be having a conversation about his routes. His route running is fine. The fact that we don't even attempt to give him chances in the red zone or end of the game is mind blowing.

Once we start to, and it/he fails, then that's a different story. He wants the ball, guys like him make plays and defy the odds, but we'd rather pound it up the middle with a back-up RB and decimated interior O-line. I'm not asking to force him the ball, but in single coverage off man, if we don't have the balls to at least attempt one throw in his direction(after Austin had a few big drops) I'm not even sure why we drafted another WR.

Quote:
Old 10-17-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys get anything higher than a 8th round draft pick for Tashard Choice, I'd be surprised.

Even covered, Dez should get more chances in the red zone.
Great WRs still score TDs against good coverage, if the pass is right on the $.

The Dallas defense did better than I expected, except the final drive when it mattered.
Still, with Washington losing, Philly at 2-4, you guys are in fine position. And your tough road games at NE & NYJ are behind you.

Do well in your division games, and you're in. I can't wait for your Eagles & Giants games!
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:00 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are we blaming the defense here? They played their asses off, and once the Patriots got more than two first downs in that last drive, i knew the game was done. There was no way they were gonna be able to keep up with Brady's no huddle, everyone was just gassed. They did what they had to do the possession before that, and they made the Patriots go 3 and out to get the ball back to the offense. I just can't believe we conceded a 3 and out by running the ball into a stone wall for the second time on that second down play. Put us in a position where it was a slim chance we could pick up the first down, all for what? To make them waste one of their two timeouts? Ugh.

We played not to lose, and of course, we lost. The last two red zone possessions where we got FGs instead of TDs, JG passed on 1st, 2nd and 3rd down. lol. I knew we'd lose when we didn't go for the jugular when we had our shot.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:29 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Choice might get traded this week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...away-rb-choice

Hope we can get an OG worth a darn.
Isn't this bad timing with Felix out?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Never like Nagy. ...but now I think this team is REALLY in for it.

Again... this is all on Garrett. Jerry gave him the keys to the car and he wanted to be THE MAN making all the personnel calls. He decided to go with Nagy and Costa instead of pursuing legit FAs, so this is what we deserve as a result of his decision making. I totally expected it. Never believed "the hype" of preseason and practice. So now I am royally pissed that we are in this situation that was so easy to predict.
Well, I think Nagy might be okay. He'll get a jump start on the new S&C program, which is what he needed anyway.

I'm really torn on this. There needs to be some real criticism with regards to personnel. We went into the season thinking essentially a rookie FA at C and a 7th round pick at G would be fine. The problem is where to lay that blame. Is it on Garrett because he has personnel decisions? Is it on Ciskowski because he told Jason we would be fine - these kids can play? Ultimately, it falls at the feet of the GM. This team has enough talent to win this division. The absolute swing and miss on the OL construction this offseason will cost this team the division. Waters wsa available at the same time as Dockery. Waters is playing pretty well for NE. Very frustrating.

As for Garrett, I have been a big supporter and I still like him as the HC. However, I do agree that we need help coaching the offense. I'm wondering if he has the balls to get rid of Houck and bring in Sparano to run the OL and help with the offense?

Have to think the defense is looking pretty good and should keep them in every game this year.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote