Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-24-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Can't bro! I'm locked into too many leagues as is lol.

I liked Bruce Carter too. But more as a 4-3 olb. It will be interesting to see how he does in a 3-4
BBD, what do you think of our match up against the eagles?

Last edited by CDCB14 : 10-24-2011 at 09:28 PM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can't bro! I'm locked into too many leagues as is lol.

I liked Bruce Carter too. But more as a 4-3 olb. It will be interesting to see how he does in a 3-4
I know what you mean. I narrowed it down to 3 leagues this year and I'm enjoying life much more. I did 5 before and that was insane.

As for Bruce Carter, I peg him as a career nickel linebacker for us who can provide depth, but my fellow Cowboys fans are convinced he's a bonafide stud. We'll see. I hope they are right.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I know what you mean. I narrowed it down to 3 leagues this year and I'm enjoying life much more. I did 5 before and that was insane.

As for Bruce Carter, I peg him as a career nickel linebacker for us who can provide depth, but my fellow Cowboys fans are convinced he's a bonafide stud. We'll see. I hope they are right.
If Bruce Carter can realize his potential to go along with Sean Lee, this defensive can take the next step from good to elite.

I remember listening to the Lunch Break on dallascowboys.com and hearing them talk about how we've never really had a stud at ILB and that has held our defense back from being great. From Bradie James to Akin Ayodele to Keith Brooking to a half in the retirement home zach thomas, this team has always just been average at ILB.

If Sean Lee plays like this from now on and Carter reaches the potential that his freakish athleticism makes him capable of doing, this defense can reach new heights. I'm excited for it.

*knocks on wood*
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
BBD, what do you think of our match up against the eagles?
I think Dallas wins.

As long as Bad Romo doesn't show up.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
If Bruce Carter can realize his potential to go along with Sean Lee, this defensive can take the next step from good to elite.

I remember listening to the Lunch Break on dallascowboys.com and hearing them talk about how we've never really had a stud at ILB and that has held our defense back from being great. From Bradie James to Akin Ayodele to Keith Brooking to a half in the retirement home zach thomas, this team has always just been average at ILB.

If Sean Lee plays like this from now on and Carter reaches the potential that his freakish athleticism makes him capable of doing, this defense can reach new heights. I'm excited for it.

*knocks on wood*
Yeah, I've been jealous of teams with real stud MLBs for years. Defenses that have that tend to be on another level.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
I think Dallas wins.

We go 19-0 if Good Romo shows... but that is hard.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I've been jealous of teams with real stud MLBs for years. Defenses that have that tend to be on another level.
Gotta be strong in the middle to be a good D. NT, DT, ILB, Safeties.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:14 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Speaking of Safeties, Elam/Sensy have flown under the radar a bit but they're both playing great. We are doing SUCH a better job this year of limiting big plays, they deserve some kudos.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:58 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Speaking of Safeties, Elam/Sensy have flown under the radar a bit but they're both playing great. We are doing SUCH a better job this year of limiting big plays, they deserve some kudos.
Our secondary is much improved. How much of this is scheme as opposed to just better overall play?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elam has been a monster. Love it.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 10:48 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Dallas wins.

And if you're around these gents, then perhaps add the "bad Jason Garrett" too. If both can stay cool, then I think Dallas wins or has a shot to win. If both bad guys show up, then this game can be interesting, because the Eagles, this season are prone to some stupid stuff. So this game will be an interesting one! I wouldn't put it past the Eagles to win. I learned never count them out, because everytime I do, they come back and make the damn playoffs.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony's going to be a Daddy. Congrats to him.

I'm sure he'll see this. :P

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post

Wow, he's moving fast.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
You gotta be strong everywhere. Patriots have a strong interior, and strength at NT, DT, ILB, S, but their pass rush is still a sore spot for them and their defense has struggled this season. Mayo has missed some time, but still...

Opponents will attack weak match ups. With Alan Ball last year, he was so bad, that it was almost a given each week that our defense would suffer.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Our secondary is much improved. How much of this is scheme as opposed to just better overall play?
Rob Ryan is a guy that prides himself off getting good defensive play from the secondary. In finding talent, coaching/developing talent, to instilling confidence, and in playcalling, I think he's a master in that department.

You never hear him talking bad about those guys in public. Hell, he even called Alan Ball good. He talks up Frank Walker like he's an awesome vet. When we drafted Joey Thomas he said he'd make him a better player than he himself(Thomas) thinks he is. Scandrick has clearly improved his play, but I think a lot of that comes from believing in himself more because of the confidence Ryan pumps him up with. Jenkins is molding back to his 2009 form. ...and the exciting part is that this unit can get a lot better. The Ryan brothers call for their DBs to blitz more than any other scheme. We've seen flashes of that, but as this defense develops more and players get more educated in it and more talent is added to the unit, I think we'll see plenty more CB or S blitzes called.

Gotta credit the addition of Elam too though. Replacing Ball with Elam has been a definitely difference maker. Elam coming in already knowing Rob's defense was a big key.

I suspect we will see more of that in FA and hopefully Rob stays around. One guy on my mind is D'Qwell Jackson. He's an UFA at the end of the season and he could be an awesome addition with the subtractions of Bradie James and Keith Brooking. Look at us to look at FAs from CLE, OAK, or even NYJ where Rex has guys who knows the system too.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
And if you're around these gents, then perhaps add the "bad Jason Garrett" too. If both can stay cool, then I think Dallas wins or has a shot to win. If both bad guys show up, then this game can be interesting, because the Eagles, this season are prone to some stupid stuff. So this game will be an interesting one! I wouldn't put it past the Eagles to win. I learned never count them out, because everytime I do, they come back and make the damn playoffs.
Speaking of Garrett...

What do you guys think... In the game against St. Louis did he or didn't he call a game that "protected Romo" from making silly mistakes like he did against NE?
Old 10-25-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speaking of Garrett...

What do you guys think... In the game against St. Louis did he or didn't he call a game that "protected Romo" from making silly mistakes like he did against NE?
Not sure. The pessimist in me thinks that way but the optimist in me wants to believe that he realized STL couldn't stop the run so he altered the gameplan to suit.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:

I feel bad for the kid, you know he going to drop him or her.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
You gotta be strong everywhere. Patriots have a strong interior, and strength at NT, DT, ILB, S, but their pass rush is still a sore spot for them and their defense has struggled this season. Mayo has missed some time, but still...

Opponents will attack weak match ups. With Alan Ball last year, he was so bad, that it was almost a given each week that our defense would suffer.
Sorry but their ILB and Safety play stinks.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speaking of Garrett...

We didn't get the Dallas game here in NJ. So can't say.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Speaking of Garrett...

Meh. I think as soon as he realized that we can easily run on them, he just kept dialing it up. You could drive Mack trucks through those holes.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-25-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Wow, he's moving fast.
Yeah, didn't they just get married? LOL. People don't wait now a days. Hope that marriage works. Romo seems like a good guy.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Meh. I think as soon as he realized that we can easily run on them, he just kept dialing it up. You could drive Mack trucks through those holes.
With Dockery getting healthy, Holland in shape and promised to start, and Kosier struggling this season, what/if any changes would you make to our OL and how to do you perceive the future going?
Old 10-25-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

For this season, there isnt much you can do. Holland and Kosier are the guys.

But going foward...Holland is far from safe. He played well for one game against the league's worst run defense. I would still go guard early in this upcoming draft or bring in some legit talent through FA. It'd be nice if Arkin or Nagy would be ready next year, but who knows.

The one thing that is interesting about Kosier, is that he's playing with a torn plantar fascia and is playing with a steel insert. Makes sense, given his play this year. Hopefully he'll return to form and he could potentially even stick for another year, while the young guys get another year of seasoning.

But as of right now, there is no way I want this same starting line back next year. Like I said, I would love to land a top tier G in the draft or a real solid one via FA...or even both. It's something that should really be addressed. Sure up the one G spot through draft/FA and then you could let the rest of the Gs on our roster fight it out for the other position.

If Cordy Glenn was within range, like he is in Scott's newest mock...I'd take em. He's better than anything we have at G right now. And we could use that type of interior lineman. We would still be going real young, but ideally Nagy or Arkin would be ready to take over at the other vacant G spot, or you just roll with Kosier, Dockery, or Holland there for another year.

One thing that is becoming apparent...is that we actually dont have a lot of holes to fill. And the O-line has been a problem all year, aside from one game, really. So right now, I'm on board for G early in the draft.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-25-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Saw this on espn a few minutes ago. Nice coincidence to our discussion...

"Tony Romo threw only 24 passes in the win Sunday against St. Louis. It was the fewest in a game Romo started and finished since the 2007 opener (the first time Garrett and Romo worked together) against the New York Giants. It was the fourth time he completed 14 passes in game he has started and finished and the second time he has won. The 166 yards was the second-lowest total of his career in a win. He had 158 yards vs. Washington on Nov. 22, 2009, in a 7-6 decision."