Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-05-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Robert Meachem just declared. I would love him if TO is gone.
:D :D :D

I have been saying for a while I would like to get him, but I thought it would have to be next year.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, i'm so excited for the game.. can't wait!
We need to play as we did in november, we have the potential, we have to wake up!
We need the Ayodele, Canty, Hatcher, Ware, Carpenter that have shown up against the Lions and the Roy Williams that has shown up early this season.. And we need Marion Barber for sure..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Anybody have Sam Hurd and Patrick Crayton's combine numbers?
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Here is Hurd's Pro Day workout numbers...I don't think he was invited to the combine.

Quote:
Hurd (6-2¾, 195 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.60 and 4.62. He also had a 36-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-9 broad jump, 4.50 short shuttle, 7.00 three-cone drill and five bench presses.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I officially would like to see Bill Cowher in Dallas...
Old 01-05-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
I will dance naked in my class if he becomes our Defensive Coordinator.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetBLACK08
Quote:
Poor Classmates
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:21 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Quote:
I'd actually want him as head coach...give him next year off and then when Bill retires...BOOM! Give him $10 mill a year and sign him up for the new stadium.

On the other hand, Mike and Mike suggested that Saban would be head coach once the stadium was built...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Number-94
Rookie

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pocketaces wrote:
Their sack leader is 2½ sacks shy of becoming the first franchise player since 1996 to finish with double-digit sacks.

As big a cowboy as I am, I try to keep my homer on the inside. But Ware won't get the 2½ sacks. He'll just get blocked by Westbrook like Dunn did. Hell Addai PWNED hiim face to face. I like Ware but there's no excuse for him to get blocked by a back, I'm still very critical of him.

oooooooooooooooppsssssssssssssssss
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I'd actually want him as head coach...give him next year off and then when Bill retires...BOOM! Give him $10 mill a year and sign him up for the new stadium.

On the other hand, Mike and Mike suggested that Saban would be head coach once the stadium was built...
Talk show fever has it if Tressel wins on Monday he goes to Cleveland as Head Coach.

Means we have a shot at Crennel or Capers. Capers, I think, is better.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Is this the same Bill Cowher who perenially lost the AFC Championship Game at home in cold Pittsburgh on a yearly basis?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Number-94
Rookie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pocketaces wrote:
Their sack leader is 2½ sacks shy of becoming the first franchise player since 1996 to finish with double-digit sacks.

As big a cowboy as I am, I try to keep my homer on the inside. But Ware won't get the 2½ sacks. He'll just get blocked by Westbrook like Dunn did. Hell Addai PWNED hiim face to face. I like Ware but there's no excuse for him to get blocked by a back, I'm still very critical of him.

Wow you really told him...
Old 01-05-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Number-94
Rookie

pocketaces wrote:

DeMarcus needs to use his speed as much as possible to get his sacks. Spend off season working on hands and upper body.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Here is Hurd's Pro Day workout numbers...I don't think he was invited to the combine.

Quote:
Hurd (6-2¾, 195 pounds) ran the 40-yard dash in 4.60 and 4.62. He also had a 36-inch vertical jump, 9-foot-9 broad jump, 4.50 short shuttle, 7.00 three-cone drill and five bench presses.
Thanks. Austin had some impressive numbers. Why was he not drafted?
Old 01-05-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Is this the same Bill Cowher who perenially lost the AFC Championship Game at home in cold Pittsburgh on a yearly basis?
Yes and the same Bill Cowher who won the Super Bowl last year, played against the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX and probably would have won if not for 2 stupid picks by Neil O'Donnell, made the playoffs 10 out of 15 years in Pittsburgh, and, as you pointed out kindly, frequently made it to the AFC championship game, and ran one of the most feared 3-4 defenses in football. Furthermore, take at the quarterbacks he had: O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, etc....not exactly the cream of the crop. To me, to have the kind of success he had with those players is superb.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Number-94
Rookie

pocketaces wrote:

DeMarcus needs to use his speed as much as possible to get his sacks. Spend off season working on hands and upper body.
Agreed, although his bull-rush is greatly improved from last year...nevertheless, he is still a feared pass-rusher.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Talk show fever has it if Tressel wins on Monday he goes to Cleveland as Head Coach.

I'll take Crennel any day.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes and the same Bill Cowher who won the Super Bowl last year, played against the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX and probably would have won if not for 2 stupid picks by Neil O'Donnell, made the playoffs 10 out of 15 years in Pittsburgh, and, as you pointed out kindly, frequently made it to the AFC championship game, and ran one of the most feared 3-4 defenses in football. Furthermore, take at the quarterbacks he had: O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, etc....not exactly the cream of the crop. To me, to have the kind of success he had with those players is superb.
I think Cowher is a great coach but given that BP haters are running him out of town for turning around a team but not going 12-4 ya gotta wonder how much they'll like Bill C.

Remeber, Bill C also had the benefit of some great Asst Coaches and excellent drafting.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'll take Crennel any day.
Picking between Crennel and Capers is like picking between Pam Anderson or Selma Hayek. Whatever, my d**k get hard either way.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Number-94
Rookie

pocketaces wrote:

Agreed, although his bull-rush is greatly improved from last year...nevertheless, he is still a feared pass-rusher.
He does need to impove his strength and how he uses his hands to be great.
Old 01-05-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think Cowher is a great coach but given that BP haters are running him out of town for turning around a team but not going 12-4 ya gotta wonder how much they'll like Bill C.

Remeber, Bill C also had the benefit of some great Asst Coaches and excellent drafting.
I'm not sure how Parcells has really turned this team around at all...at least since his first year. He certainly has made improvements, but either has not gotten the most out of his players or doesn't have as good a team as we think...the reason why I'm ready to run him out of town is because he seems to give up on the team at times.

Additionally, Cowher could have great assistants and great drafting in Dallas as well...
Old 01-05-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure how Parcells has really turned this team around at all...at least since his first year. He certainly has made improvements, but either has not gotten the most out of his players or doesn't have as good a team as we think...the reason why I'm ready to run him out of town is because he seems to give up on the team at times.

Additionally, Cowher could have great assistants and great drafting in Dallas as well...
I want to keep repeating, BP only has two of his drafts so far. TWO. Give him another two and then see.

Remeber the first year, Jerry had BP promise to keep things as is. This was the year BP want K Williams and Jerry over ruled him and went T New. The subsequent offseason after the miracle 10-6 year, Jerry bungled that draft thinking he needed a few players to move along. That was the year he pass on Stephen Jackson ( a big BP back) and went Julius Jones (yuck) Jacobs and Peterman. All Jerry. BP did not get 1 player in those first two drafts for his precious 3-4. NOT ONE 3-4 guy in his first two drafts in Dallas. All Jerry disasters.

So, to me BP really has only been influencing this team for two years in spite of all the 4 year spin.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

What do you guys think of Jimmy Kennedy from the Rams for NT?

He is going into his last year of his contract and Tom Condon (BP friend) is his agent.

Think we can get him in a sign and trade. Bigger than Fergie and better rusher.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:53 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been able to watch the Lions' game only today.. What the hell of a penalty have they called on Newman?!
And, Akin Ayodele had a very very good game..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:

Quote:
Thanks. Austin had some impressive numbers. Why was he not drafted?
The name of his school says it all.