Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
For this season, there isnt much you can do. Holland and Kosier are the guys.

But going foward...Holland is far from safe. He played well for one game against the league's worst run defense. I would still go guard early in this upcoming draft or bring in some legit talent through FA. It'd be nice if Arkin or Nagy would be ready next year, but who knows.

The one thing that is interesting about Kosier, is that he's playing with a torn plantar fascia and is playing with a steel insert. Makes sense, given his play this year. Hopefully he'll return to form and he could potentially even stick for another year, while the young guys get another year of seasoning.

But as of right now, there is no way I want this same starting line back next year. Like I said, I would love to land a top tier G in the draft or a real solid one via FA...or even both. It's something that should really be addressed. Sure up the one G spot through draft/FA and then you could let the rest of the Gs on our roster fight it out for the other position.

If Cordy Glenn was within range, like he is in Scott's newest mock...I'd take em. He's better than anything we have at G right now. And we could use that type of interior lineman. We would still be going real young, but ideally Nagy or Arkin would be ready to take over at the other vacant G spot, or you just roll with Kosier, Dockery, or Holland there for another year.

One thing that is becoming apparent...is that we actually dont have a lot of holes to fill. And the O-line has been a problem all year, aside from one game, really. So right now, I'm on board for G early in the draft.
Yeah, I think that sounds right.

I like how you mentioned that our needs are not plentiful. I agree there. Which also makes it a case that maybe we could go QB in round 1. Future years might be problematic if we are in a situation where we are forced to take a QB and there not being one or the situation making it difficult to acquire one. Or worse yet... having a terrible losing season because we don't have one.

If our biggest need really is OG going into the draft, then maybe it's time to grab a QB in the 2nd half of the first round and develop him like Green Bay did with Rodgers. Last draft, a ton of teams picked up their young QBs to play or groom. Newton, Ponder, Gabbart, Locker, Dalton, Kaepernick, Mallett... and teams like Oakland and Arizona adding Palmer, Kolb... The Bills are on the verge of extending Fitzpatrick and Alex Smith looks like he's finally catching on with the help of Harbaugh...

I think the 2012 draft could be unkind to QBs like it was in the Alex Smith/Aaron Rodgers year or the Brady Quinn year. Scott's latest mock has Matt Barkley going #12 after Luck #1.

Could we see this man wearing the star on draft day???

Last edited by D-Unit : 10-26-2011 at 02:27 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Could we see this man wearing the star on draft day???

I've been talking RGIII on other boards day in and day out. He'd be the PERFECT QB to groom for a couple years. Let him learn the NFL speed, and see how his athleticism adjusts.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I've been talking RGIII on other boards day in and day out. He'd be the PERFECT QB to groom for a couple years. Let him learn the NFL speed, and see how his athleticism adjusts.
Oh god no.

Please, if anything, Barkley.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saw this on espn a few minutes ago. Nice coincidence to our discussion...

"Tony Romo threw only 24 passes in the win Sunday against St. Louis. It was the fewest in a game Romo started and finished since the 2007 opener (the first time Garrett and Romo worked together) against the New York Giants. It was the fourth time he completed 14 passes in game he has started and finished and the second time he has won. The 166 yards was the second-lowest total of his career in a win. He had 158 yards vs. Washington on Nov. 22, 2009, in a 7-6 decision."
I don't think it was some great design to take the ball out of Romo's hands. I just think Garrett saw that the run was going to work well so he wanted to ride it and let the running game get some confidence and continuity.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Oh god no.

Why stop there?

Please, if anything, Luck.

The suggestion goes in regards to where we would be projected to be drafting. Somewhere in the 20 range.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I don't think it was some great design to take the ball out of Romo's hands. I just think Garrett saw that the run was going to work well so he wanted to ride it and let the running game get some confidence and continuity.
Yep. It's like Garrett saw that 91 yard run and said to himself, "**** this, we're going to run it like crazy today."

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 04:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Murray will probably never see 25 carries again...ever. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Why stop there?

Please, if anything, Luck.

The suggestion goes in regards to where we would be projected to be drafting. Somewhere in the 20 range.
Luck will be 1. Barkley who knows. You get folks who think him over rated.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Murray will probably never see 25 carries again...ever. haha.
Over the season.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh god no.

I think we were talking realistic prospects though. Barkley is a top 5 pick, Landry Jones isn't challenging him for the #2 QB job. He's legit all around, always has been, and even if he wasn't need will push him up, same with Landry Jones.

I'm pushing hard for RGIII so D, keep on driving that bandwagon baby! He's realistic because with 3 QB's going in the top 10, he could go in the range Flacco and Josh Freeman did. Key word is could. If his value shoots up like VY or Cam he won't even be an option.

My only concern is will Garret want him? I don't know what a Garret QB is just yet, but I have questions on if he'll want a run 1st QB(not to say RGIII can't throw but still, as much as we throw maybe he'd want a more natural thrower). But just as I said that, I'm pretty sure Garret hand picked Stephen McGee lol.

I just think if RGIII is there around mid-late teens, he's worth it to trade a 2nd rd pick for. If he's gone, I'm with MOTH, top tier Guard all the way. Surprisingly I also agree that we don't have as many holes as I originally thought other then line. Safety yea, but Rob Ryan has done wonders with what we have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

I want QB that has played under the Center his entire career and understand what a 3/5/7 drop is.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want QB that has played under the Center his entire career and understand what a 3/5/7 drop is.
amen to that
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
That's not as important to me considering that I think it will be a few years before Tony's career is done as a Cowboy.

I want a QB that we can develop, so that he'll be ready to step in right away. I don't want to be at the point where we suck at QB, so we end up having an ugly LOSING season before we can address QB, and THEN have to wait 2-3 years after drafting him in order to have a stable situation again. Hell, what if our losing season is like 6 wins, then we aren't even in a situation that guarantees us an elite QB anyways. Triple trouble.

If RG3 is there for us, we have to close the deal. If we can get our hands on Luck or Barkley via trade, then I'm for that too. I'm luke cold on Landry right now, so I don't know what to make of him. Tannehill is slightly intriguing. ...and I'm not passing on the chance to grab a good QB (if he's there) this year for a measley Guard.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Nick Foles from Arizona is someone no one is discussing.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Nick Foles from Arizona is someone no one is discussing.
Eh, depends where you're reading.

I don't know what to make of him yet. Certainly some things to like about him, but I can't get a good read on him.

You likey likey???
Old 10-27-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently McBriar has a foot injury. He had full participation today, but is on the injury report.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Eh, depends where you're reading.

I don't know what to make of him yet. Certainly some things to like about him, but I can't get a good read on him.

You likey likey???
I likey likey only vuhgina and money.
But no opinion really. I heard some talk show folks on the EC talk him up a bit and he seems to have some nice stats.

I do like Pac-10 QB in general along with Big Ten QB.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:17 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not as important to me considering that I think it will be a few years before Tony's career is done as a Cowboy.

I want a QB that we can develop, so that he'll be ready to step in right away. I don't want to be at the point where we suck at QB, so we end up having an ugly LOSING season before we can address QB, and THEN have to wait 2-3 years after drafting him in order to have a stable situation again. Hell, what if our losing season is like 6 wins, then we aren't even in a situation that guarantees us an elite QB anyways. Triple trouble.

If RG3 is there for us, we have to close the deal. If we can get our hands on Luck or Barkley via trade, then I'm for that too. I'm luke cold on Landry right now, so I don't know what to make of him. Tannehill is slightly intriguing. ...and I'm not passing on the chance to grab a good QB (if he's there) this year for a measley Guard.
Get our hands on Luck?

This is silly. There is no way possible that we get him.

If you are still entertaining this idea, you need to step back and look again.

Luck will be gone quickly. There is no realistic chance that he will play here. And there is probably no reason he should. There are plenty of teams that would love to have Romo. We need to be thankful for what we have. Romo may not be the best, but he is better than most. Luck is a pipe dream.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles are 12-0 coming off a bye week with Andy Reid, that's a scary stat. Our season isn't over with a loss, but man I want to actually have a winning streak sometime this season.

On a side note: Red Bryant has been garnering some attention with how well he's played lately as a run stuffer, that's been interesting to hear because he was one of my favorite prospects coming out that year. I really wanted him as our 3-4 DE, actually felt he was perfect for it. Strong as an ox, you just can't move that guy at all.

I got to see some D-line film of Seattle on NFL Matchup last week and he's been dominating guys.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't wait for your game! I am not sure who to root for.. I want the Eagles done and out of the way, but you guys are nipping on our heels. Either way, let's hope for no injuries!

On another note, we have able bodies back to practice! This is a new concept, having the exercise bike vacant.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

With the Texas Rangers loss last night, I can't even think about the Eagles. The only thing I can do is use football as an escape. Need to free my mind.

I know! I'm going to mock Dallas' offseason FA plan! hahahaha. Nice waste of time that'll be, but at least it'll get me off of dwelling on that horrific loss.
Old 10-28-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baseball is such a waste of time! Concentrate on truly the greatest sport ever! Football! Football! Football!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, Rob Ryan wants you to get more excited for the game

"I know guys say, 'Well, as a coach, you don't play, so you ought to just shut up,''' Ryan said. "Well, first of all, that's where you're wrong. When you're an assistant coach, you should shut up all the time.

"Second of all, when you work 19 hours a day like our staff does here on defense for four days a week, then you ought to have an opinion. I'm going to say my opinion. I'm not scared of what I believe in, and what I believe in is our defense.

"I can't wait to get after these guys. It's going to be great. Hell, let's go get it on.''

f they need my motivation to get ready to play us,'' Ryan said, "then we're going to kick their ass anyway. It ain't going to matter.''

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-rob-ryan.html

Gotta love it :)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loving this:

Quote:
Dez Bryant plays Michael Vick in Dallas Cowboys practice - ESPN Dallas

It's not easy simulating Michael Vick in practice, but the Cowboys found an unconventional way to do it: Dez Bryant played quarterback Michael Vick in practice. Bryant, also a lefty, may have the strongest arm on the team, and is also fast. His teammates were suitably impressed.

"He gave us a good look," outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware said. Added Ware who laughed, "He was fast. I was in front of him and I made the tackle."

"He can throw the ball 60 yards, and it looks like itís on a frozen rope like Vickís is too, with that lefty spin," inside linebacker Sean Lee added. "...[Bryant's imitation] was dead on. The way he runs. The way he moves. Their play-making ability."
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Hahaha that's pretty awesome.

Quote: