Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-29-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
D, Rob Ryan wants you to get more excited for the game

"I know guys say, 'Well, as a coach, you don't play, so you ought to just shut up,''' Ryan said. "Well, first of all, that's where you're wrong. When you're an assistant coach, you should shut up all the time.

"Second of all, when you work 19 hours a day like our staff does here on defense for four days a week, then you ought to have an opinion. I'm going to say my opinion. I'm not scared of what I believe in, and what I believe in is our defense.

"I can't wait to get after these guys. It's going to be great. Hell, let's go get it on.''

f they need my motivation to get ready to play us,'' Ryan said, "then we're going to kick their ass anyway. It ain't going to matter.''

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-rob-ryan.html

Gotta love it :)
I know I said it before, but... If it ever comes to the point where we have to do anything to keep Rob from leaving us, then I still support keeping him over Garrett.

I just LOVE this guy and everything he's about. My favorite coach here... EVER.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:37 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson said this week that Ryan's comments were "uncalled for" and expressed his displeasure at not being able to take a shot at the defensive coordiantor Sunday. "It ain't like I can run on the sideline and tackle the coach," Jackson told Philadelphia reporters.

"I know that Jackson said it’s not right for me to comment, and he’s right about that, that I don’t play on Sunday," Ryan said. "I know he wishes I did. I mean, hell, he doesn’t have to worry about tackling me. If he does, he can tackle me. That’d be great, because I’m going to land on his shoulder and put him out. So that’ll be awesome. Hell, he can tackle me two or three times."
Old 10-29-2011, 05:30 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson said this week that Ryan's comments were "uncalled for" and expressed his displeasure at not being able to take a shot at the defensive coordiantor Sunday. "It ain't like I can run on the sideline and tackle the coach," Jackson told Philadelphia reporters.

"I know that Jackson said itís not right for me to comment, and heís right about that, that I donít play on Sunday," Ryan said. "I know he wishes I did. I mean, hell, he doesnít have to worry about tackling me. If he does, he can tackle me. Thatíd be great, because Iím going to land on his shoulder and put him out. So thatíll be awesome. Hell, he can tackle me two or three times."
DeSean is a uneducated thug. He may have a point though. He can probably tackle better than Philly's secondary.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 07:38 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

I hate chatty coaches but I also hate chatty players. So, I hope both lose an ACL on Sunday.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

"I know that Jackson said itís not right for me to comment, and heís right about that, that I donít play on Sunday," Ryan said. "I know he wishes I did. I mean, hell, he doesnít have to worry about tackling me. If he does, he can tackle me. Thatíd be great, because Iím going to land on his shoulder and put him out. So thatíll be awesome. Hell, he can tackle me two or three times."
This is great, he bring such an attitude and swagger to this team. We haven't had this since the Jimmy Johnson days.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wooooooooooooot.

Choice is officially waived. If he clears waivers we'll give him an injury settlement. -_- Why we kept him after TC is beyond me.
Old 10-29-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Wooooooooooooot.

Choice is officially waived. If he clears waivers we'll give him an injury settlement. -_- Why we kept him after TC is beyond me.
Ya I'm not quite sure how I really feel about this one.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Ya I'm not quite sure how I really feel about this one.
Well he went from being a productive runner and poor blocker to a pedestrian everything with fumblitis. If honestly had 'offers' for Choice at the deadline and passed I'm a tad frustrated though. Concern has to be with our RB depth for the Sheagles though. Murray and Tanner and that's it.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Wooooooooooooot.

Surprised at the timing. I wish him well. He didn't do us THAT bad. C'mon guys. Let's not be the type of fans that bash outgoing players just because they aren't on our team anymore.
Old 10-29-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Surprised at the timing. I wish him well. He didn't do us THAT bad. C'mon guys. Let's not be the type of fans that bash outgoing players just because they aren't on our team anymore.
To be honest it's hard to not be really excited about this news. I don't know what happened, but it's like night and day between who we see now, and the guy who saved our season in December as a rookie tearing up defenses like Pittsburgh and Baltimore. I wish him the best but I couldn't be happier he's gone.

Maybe KC gives him a look, STL, TB has Graham on IR and Blounte is still hurt. But lately, Choice has been terrible all the time, and it was NEVER like that when he first came here. This should have came sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Choice was terrible anymore, anyway. I could care less. Should have traded him for a 7th!

I still wish the guy the best, but this was inevitable in some form.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Choice I understand why he's gone. Fumbling at crucial times didn't help at all. I wish he got traded so you get something for him, but I see why he was cut. My worry is that there would be no depth for the Eagles if Murray or Tanner got hurt. Maybe they should have cut Ogletree instead. lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problems with the Choice cut, it just wasn't working here. I'm ready to see what Tanner can do.

That said I wouldn't be surprised to see Choice succeed with whichever team he lands on. Detroit would be a great situation, they're depleted at RB and tried to trade for Ronnie Brown before the deadline.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel really bad for Choice. He was a guy I really liked up until this year. I think that he sort of gave up on himself a bit here when Murray got drafted. I think a change of scenery will do him good, and he'll look good somewhere else.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Scroll back 100 pages lol. I've thought Choice was by far the worst back on our 53 since TC cuts were announced. When it was rumored we had 'offers' for him before the deadline I was overjoyed at him being traded. During training camp we discussed our views on his role and abilities as a RB in our offense. I haven't been enamored with Choice all year and was calling for his head during TC as well. :)

He was mediocre and taking a roster spot of someone who could actually contribute (to our team). :D
Old 10-29-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean, but he plays RB, not CB or something, so it's usually not a case of maybe a scheme changed, or he just didn't bounce back. He looked every bit the part as a rookie, did he just stop caring? Not workout as hard in the off-season? It's strange a guy can look so talented coming out and get to as pitiful as he looks now.

Tanner is much better, it's not even close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, the Choice cut was made to add Bruce Carter, who's supposed to make his debut tomorrow night. Any predictions? I'd love to finally see some of that sick athleticism on the field.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So, the Choice cut was made to add Bruce Carter, who's supposed to make his debut tomorrow night. Any predictions? I'd love to finally see some of that sick athleticism on the field.
Special teams only would be my guess.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I don't foresee Carter getting on the field other than on ST's for a few weeks. Once he gets a good sense for the playbook and shows something in practice they won't chance it. Maybe in a game or two where we have a solid lead. I am excited that he's gonna be on the field tomorrow though.
Old 10-29-2011, 09:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I just want to see him finally take the field so that when he makes his first tackle he can be crowned by Cowboys Nation. lol.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:35 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Happy Eagles Suck Day!!!!
Old 10-30-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow what a long wait for our game. I'm so bored.

Sunday Night games are fun when they actually are going on...but the wait is hell.

I'm actually feeling good about tonight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-30-2011, 06:19 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Wow what a long wait for our game. I'm so bored.

Sunday Night games are fun when they actually are going on...but the wait is hell.

I'm actually feeling good about tonight.
Ya the wait is terrible. Especially when my electric was out from 10-3 today. I'm stoked and ready for this game. Bring on the Eagles.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm in NJ...I know a lot of people who lost electricity also, luckily I didnt. I would have been freaking out all day. I dont miss Dallas games. haha.

But yeah, terribly long wait. I'm just going to try to kill this next hour with some Xbox.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 10-30-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bringing 2 kickers to the game instead of Josh Brent baffles me, but we'll see. I don't like that decision.

I don't know how I feel about tonight. If we can pull of the win, we are in the drivers seat for the NFC East title with the gauntlet of a schedule the giants have the rest of the way. I'm nervous, but if we can get a decent running game going I think we have a good chance to win.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote