Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-31-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we get John Randle to play for us? I think he could fire someone up.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sturm on the ticket brought up a good point. Yesterday, Josh Brent was inactive yet we had Beuhler on the active roster for those two measly kicks. Not that Brent is a world beater, but it might have been nice to have another big body to try and slow down that run game.

This whole Beuhler thing makes me really question the judgement of this organization.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm very frustrated, but let's all take a deep breath and look at the big picture.

We were facing a talented team that basically had to win last night to save their season. They had an extra week to prepare and clearly made some major changes to their schemes.

We also need to remember the league is wacky. I'm sure the Saints did not think they would lose to the Rams. The Giants barely escaped a loss to the Dolphins. I'm frustrated too, but it's a long season.
I was thinking the same thing driving into work today. :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sturm on the ticket brought up a good point. Yesterday, Josh Brent was inactive yet we had Beuhler on the active roster for those two measly kicks. Not that Brent is a world beater, but it might have been nice to have another big body to try and slow down that run game.

This whole Beuhler thing makes me really question the judgement of this organization.
I think Buehler has naked pics of Brill Aldridge Garrett.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm very frustrated, but let's all take a deep breath and look at the big picture.

We were facing a talented team that basically had to win last night to save their season. They had an extra week to prepare and clearly made some major changes to their schemes.

We also need to remember the league is wacky. I'm sure the Saints did not think they would lose to the Rams. The Giants barely escaped a loss to the Dolphins. I'm frustrated too, but it's a long season.
I see what you're saying, but the losses to division rivals sting more. Especially when the Eagles have a recent history of having high confidence vs. the Cowboys. Losing is one thing, but getting blown out on their turf if another. It's definitely not over yet because there is a ton of football left and some serious cupcakes on the schedule. The big problem is that there are already 3 losses that they let slip away, and then the giant turd of a game last night. They need to learn how to mentally put it together, and that's a problem that's been going on for some years now. It goes back to what D was talking about with leadership.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I disagree about this loss being placed on intensity, I personally believe there are some serious personel issues and some game planning issues. The Eagles won the battle of trenches on both sides of the ball which is was especially concerning on the defensive side of the ball. Ratliff was consistantly washed out of the play on cutback plays and was ineffective in pass rushing even when singled against rookie center Jason Kelce. Also, James and Brooking had no business being isolated in coverage the entire game. The play calling was not Rob's style and it was so conservative that he almost appeared to be "scared" of Jackson and Macklin.

I was waiting for Rob to dial up some pressure packages or zone blitz with a corner forcing Vick to actually read the defense, but it continued to be a cover 2 shell. EASY pickings, no way should you be torn apart by Avant and Celek.. take your chances and trust your corners on the outside.

As for the offense, the line looked terrible... Costa once again had several bad snaps, Holland was beaten several times out of the stance by speed moves in which he barely got a hand on the defender. There was some obvious sucess in the run game, but could not take advantage due to the hole the was dug.

All in all i cant see this team finishing better than 7-9 with the problems along the both sides of the line. Just some stats... other than Murray's huge game against the Rams there has only been one game this season of 100+ team rushing yards ( Washington 121 yards ) and only two others with 80 + rushing yards (Philly 84, and Det 96). Of the teams where the Cowboys rushed 75+ yards no team ranked higher that 18th in rush defense and the boys have been held under 60 yards team rushing twice this season.

Even more surprising is Dallas's #1 rush defense... Other than Philadelphia the boys have only played one top ten rushing team. (SF #6) Subtracting Philly and San Fran, the best rush offense the boys have faced to date is the Pats at #18 after that it goes down hill.. St.Louis 20th, Wash #26, Det #27, Jets, 28th.

The team is in for a bumpy ride for the rest of the season... I think Jerry has to consider getting BIGGER in the offseason. I'm hoping for Cordy Glenn on offense or Alameda Ta'amu on defense in the draft.

Bottom line is we're not 27 points worse than the Eagles. We've been in every game this year except for last night, so let's not panic.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tough Loss guys. Now we got to hear about the Eagles coming back to life, and the Vick philes are back in full force.

I think you guys can bounce back. I hate your DC, so maybe next time, he can shut his mouth and try to be humble.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
Bottom line is we're not 27 points worse than the Eagles. We've been in every game this year except for last night, so let's not panic.
Let's hope you're right. Honestly...perspective is everything...we were 6-10 last year, with most of us conceding that we'd be rebuilding. A few close losses and all of a sudden the Boys are potential contenders. I like the way the team is moving in. There will be growing pains, and hopefully only a couple games like last night.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I think you guys can bounce back. I hate your DC, so maybe next time, he can shut his mouth and try to be humble.
NEVER!!!

lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:24 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could easily treat this game as a wake up call and go on a run. We'll see what we're made of in the next 5 weeks w the easier schedule. To have a realistic shot at making the playoffs, we need to win at least 4 of these games.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Tough Loss guys. Now we got to hear about the Eagles coming back to life, and the Vick philes are back in full force.

No thanks. The reason why you hate him is the exact reason why I love him. I hated Michael Strahan's mouth, but you probably loved him for the same reason. That's how it goes. If Ryan never had the clout to back up his words then that would be one thing, but the guy has done a marvelous job on our much MUCH improved defense this season... and our guys are still learning it. Can't wait till they become experts in it.
Old 11-01-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I see what you're saying, but the losses to division rivals sting more. Especially when the Eagles have a recent history of having high confidence vs. the Cowboys. Losing is one thing, but getting blown out on their turf if another. It's definitely not over yet because there is a ton of football left and some serious cupcakes on the schedule. The big problem is that there are already 3 losses that they let slip away, and then the giant turd of a game last night. They need to learn how to mentally put it together, and that's a problem that's been going on for some years now. It goes back to what D was talking about with leadership.
Sure, but we've only got one division loss.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-01-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No thanks. The reason why you hate him is the exact reason why I love him. I hated Michael Strahan's mouth, but you probably loved him for the same reason. That's how it goes. If Ryan never had the clout to back up his words then that would be one thing, but the guy has done a marvelous job on our much MUCH improved defense this season... and our guys are still learning it. Can't wait till they become experts in it.
Oh I hated Strahan's mouth, Jacobs, oh let's see.. Osi! Can't forget him, and I know I am missing a few. TIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Shockey! wow this is fun!

But I am consistent, what I hate I hate for my team and sure as hell going to be consistent about it when I see it on other teams.

Ryan's defense just got owned badly. Raped would be a better word. If you are going to talk then you better win a superbowl, not come close, if you are going to talk smack, then your D better show up or you are going to look like a dope.

Same with him, my team's players, or any one else in the NFL.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
NEVER!!!

lol

haha, now that made my laugh! : )
Old 11-01-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

What are your thought on Dez?

Here is a new Dez Bryant.

Bryant's strange antics look destined to burn Cowboys
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1...o-burn-cowboys
Old 11-01-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Frankly, I think the article is BS.

There has not been a single beat reporter mention a single word about Dez's 'antics'. In fact, all reports are that Dez has improved in the areas of being on time for meetings, etc. He still has a ways to go but all indications are that he is much better than last season.

I agree that he was being a bit of a drama queen, but I think that's a far cry from being a problem with his teammates. It's funny how sideline behavior is characterized based on the player. If Witten comes to the sidelines throws his helmet and yells, he's being a leader and most likely lauded and having as passion and leadership. Dez does it and he's problem.

The dude is immature, no question. But there's a pretty big gulf IMO from being immature and not knowing how channel that passion and being a bad guy. Dez is not a bad guy.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-01-2011, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I also think you need to remember, as a backdrop, this kid's upbringing.

I know lots of folks had a tough childhood, but not many can say their mom was on crack and a hooker and his dad was her pimp.

I'm pulling for the kid because I think he should get some props for being in the position he is.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Frankly, I think the article is BS.

There has not been a single beat reporter mention a single word about Dez's 'antics'. In fact, all reports are that Dez has improved in the areas of being on time for meetings, etc. He still has a ways to go but all indications are that he is much better than last season.

I agree that he was being a bit of a drama queen, but I think that's a far cry from being a problem with his teammates. It's funny how sideline behavior is characterized based on the player. If Witten comes to the sidelines throws his helmet and yells, he's being a leader and most likely lauded and having as passion and leadership. Dez does it and he's problem.

The dude is immature, no question. But there's a pretty big gulf IMO from being immature and not knowing how channel that passion and being a bad guy. Dez is not a bad guy.

I remember that because Shockey used to do that, lol. I had good seats and I would see Shockey go up and down and do stuff like that.

Do you think he will mature or be like a Burress, at age 34 and still be immature?
Old 11-01-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That article is complete garbage lol. Dez is fine.

That guy must be an Oklahoma fan or a fan of a different team in the NFC East. Or just plain stupid. I can't believe I just wasted time reading the article lol.

Did that guy really take time out of his day to write that? He was pacing on the sideline... Really?

How did that get published?

Edit: As for the thing about him maturing or being like Burress.. There is one thing different about Dez that people forget. HE LOVES FOOTBALL. It is his entire life. The kid will be fine.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 11-01-2011 at 11:49 AM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I remember that because Shockey used to do that, lol. I had good seats and I would see Shockey go up and down and do stuff like that.

Do you think he will mature or be like a Burress, at age 34 and still be immature?
Remains to be see. I certainly hope so because the guy has a chance to be truly unstoppable.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-01-2011, 11:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

That's nothing compared to my own antics that I was doing in my living room as I was watching the game collapse! hahaha.

If every single Cowboys player was as passionate about changing the way the game was being played, then we would be a better team. The problem with this team is weak leadership. We got a bunch of silent leaders who try to lead by example, and don't do a lot of motivating on the sidelines. They let things happen without being vocal about it, and that upsets me. It's upset me for years.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
That article is complete garbage lol. Dez is fine.

That guy must be an Oklahoma fan or a fan of a different team in the NFC East. Or just plain stupid. I can't believe I just wasted time reading the article lol.

Did that guy really take time out of his day to write that? He was pacing on the sideline... Really?

How did that get published?

Edit: As for the thing about him maturing or being like Burress.. There is one thing different about Dez that people forget. HE LOVES FOOTBALL. It is his entire life. The kid will be fine.
Basically.....if you want eyeballs and traffic to your site...write about one of the Cowboys being a distraction.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's nothing compared to my own antics that I was doing in my living room as I was watching the game collapse! hahaha.

If every single Cowboys player was as passionate about changing the way the game was being played, then we would be a better team. The problem with this team is weak leadership. We got a bunch of silent leaders who try to lead by example, and don't do a lot of motivating on the sidelines. They let things happen without being vocal about it, and that upsets me. It's upset me for years.
We have that now on the team. Tuck has been more vocal now, but still is in the middle shading towards silent leader type. To me it comes down to do they respect the guy. You can be vocal all you want, but if they don't respect you, then it's one ear out the other.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
We have that now on the team. Tuck has been more vocal now, but still is in the middle shading towards silent leader type. To me it comes down to do they respect the guy. You can be vocal all you want, but if they don't respect you, then it's one ear out the other.
+1000000!!!!

This is EXACTLY why I said Tony Romo CANNOT be a good leader for this team despite how much he wants to or how much Garrett wants him to be one.

The fact of the matter is that we don't have guys on the roster that are capable of this. You can't just change your personality and make it happen. With the guys on this roster right now, there's only Dez. ...and as I said before this article came out... I knew the media/public would take his actions as diva like... when in actuality, I think we need MORE guys like him who aren't afraid of getting in their teammates faces and motivating them. When Dez does good things on the field, it pumps up the team. The fact that Romo didn't even target him until late in the 3rd is a joke to me.

People want to give Romo a pass for the loss for some reason, but imo, he's turning into a professional hider. He should've came out and put more blame on himself, but he didn't because he's not a good leader, like I said. He ducked blame once again.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Soooo Tashard Choice is now Redskin.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...tashard-choice

You guys can say good riddance, but I think he'll do good there under Shanahan's system. I have to say, since I'm one of the few that believed in him, I wish him the best, except when he plays us. gah.

...we REALLY need to start sniping guys from our division rivals. Since Laron Landry is an UFA, he better be a Cowboy next year. lol. Terrell Thomas too. :)