Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-01-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I tell ya, if Michael Irvin played today people would be calling him a drama queen for trying to get other guys in gear. Dez is the new Randy Moss apparently because when Moss was a rookie they just kept looking for things to say that he was a bad person. Hell the infamous, "I play when I wanna play," quote was taken out of context. The guy had issues for certain, but he's hardly the only guy who took plays off at times. I've even seen the magnificent Brett Favre just throw **** up and not care in the playoffs, but his position doesn't have the same stigma as wide receivers do now.

As far as I'm concerned I'm glad Dez is on the sidelines yelling at guys. He's a god damn Dallas Cowboy. Cowboys aren't supposed to take any **** from anybody, and it seems he's the only one that realizes the meaning of that.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I tell ya, if Michael Irvin played today people would be calling him a drama queen for trying to get other guys in gear. Dez is the new Randy Moss apparently because when Moss was a rookie they just kept looking for things to say that he was a bad person. Hell the infamous, "I play when I wanna play," quote was taken out of context. The guy had issues for certain, but he's hardly the only guy who took plays off at times. I've even seen the magnificent Brett Favre just throw **** up and not care in the playoffs, but his position doesn't have the same stigma as wide receivers do now.

As far as I'm concerned I'm glad Dez is on the sidelines yelling at guys. He's a god damn Dallas Cowboy. Cowboys aren't supposed to take any **** from anybody, and it seems he's the only one that realizes the meaning of that.
AAaaaaaamen to that!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:15 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
+1000000!!!!

This is EXACTLY why I said Tony Romo CANNOT be a good leader for this team despite how much he wants to or how much Garrett wants him to be one.

The fact of the matter is that we don't have guys on the roster that are capable of this. You can't just change your personality and make it happen. With the guys on this roster right now, there's only Dez. ...and as I said before this article came out... I knew the media/public would take his actions as diva like... when in actuality, I think we need MORE guys like him who aren't afraid of getting in their teammates faces and motivating them. When Dez does good things on the field, it pumps up the team. The fact that Romo didn't even target him until late in the 3rd is a joke to me.

People want to give Romo a pass for the loss for some reason, but imo, he's turning into a professional hider. He should've came out and put more blame on himself, but he didn't because he's not a good leader, like I said. He ducked blame once again.

Well Romo is your franchise QB. So people are going to give him a pass unless he does something to lose the game, and then it would be too obvious. I saw some of the game and watched something else because the game was getting out of hand. Plus the Philly love was making me way too ill. Now all of a sudden, the wagon of theirs is full again.

We lost our vocal leaders so to speak once Strahan and AP retired. But we have guys who lead by example. Tuck and Eli are ones of the top of the head. Rolle is a vocal leader, and sometimes too vocal.

Eli never was the Brees or fiery leader guy. But people look at what you are doing and respect you when you do talk or say something.

We have no OL, NO running game, and running around with a bunch of a undrafted free agents, and he is having a pro bowl year. So now when he says keep your head up, people listen.

Now we have no SHockey, Tiki, and Plax on this team. So the nonsense that was there when we drafted Eli is gone.

If Romo is a fiery leader than fine, but vocal or fiery, they need to respect him. So when he does talk people listen.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Well Romo is your franchise QB. So people are going to give him a pass unless he does something to lose the game, and then it would be too obvious. I saw some of the game and watched something else because the game was getting out of hand. Plus the Philly love was making me way too ill. Now all of a sudden, the wagon of theirs is full again.

We lost our vocal leaders so to speak once Strahan and AP retired. But we have guys who lead by example. Tuck and Eli are ones of the top of the head. Rolle is a vocal leader, and sometimes too vocal.

Eli never was the Brees or fiery leader guy. But people look at what you are doing and respect you when you do talk or say something.

We have no OL, NO running game, and running around with a bunch of a undrafted free agents, and he is having a pro bowl year. So now when he says keep your head up, people listen.

Now we have no SHockey, Tiki, and Plax on this team. So the nonsense that was there when we drafted Eli is gone.

If Romo is a fiery leader than fine, but vocal or fiery, they need to respect him. So when he does talk people listen.
People listen, but they don't really respect him. He's still in the process of reputation damage control. He's lost a lot of believers this year because of his careless mistakes. It's time for him to act on his words. The St. Louis win did nothing to help his credit as the team leaned on the running game. This Philly loss where Romo couldn't find his primary targets is more than just a little concerning to me.

Side note: Garrett's playcalling went back to being VERY predictable once again. We need the media to pick up the hype on this team needing a dedicated OC.
Old 11-01-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Yeah, Eli is better than Romo. No doubt anymore in my mind.

This is going to be challenge for you guys with this part of the schedule. I don't see you guys winning the division. In fact, I think it goes to the Eagles.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:28 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, Eli is better than Romo. No doubt anymore in my mind.

This is going to be challenge for you guys with this part of the schedule. I don't see you guys winning the division. In fact, I think it goes to the Eagles.
I won't say that too loud considering people don't think much of him. But I agree with it.

I don't know what I see for us to tell you the truth. We have players back! But we lost another CB for the season, lol. Hey which reminds me, do you have CB experience? Try outs tomorrow if you can attend!

We wanted a win from you to knock the Eagles out. They still have a hard road ahead of them. If we can get things ok, we can compete with any team. But I think with the injuries we are one punch to the face or injury from sinking. We will see how Prince can do now that he will play this week.

Either way, we are trying our best with soooo many injuries. Things are obviously not perfect. But hopefully we can get some of these hard games.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I won't say that too loud considering people don't think much of him. But I agree with it.

I don't know what I see for us to tell you the truth. We have players back! But we lost another CB for the season, lol. Hey which reminds me, do you have CB experience? Try outs tomorrow if you can attend!

We wanted a win from you to knock the Eagles out. They still have a hard road ahead of them. If we can get things ok, we can compete with any team. But I think with the injuries we are one punch to the face or injury from sinking. We will see how Prince can do now that he will play this week.

Either way, we are trying our best with soooo many injuries. Things are obviously not perfect. But hopefully we can get some of these hard games.
I'm not too interested in your injury stories. We have rivaled you for the past 2 years. We just lost Mike Jenkins and Sean Lee to add to our pitiful storyline. Can we hire a strength and conditioning coach that knows how to keep our guys injury free?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not too interested in your injury stories. We have rivaled you for the past 2 years. We just lost Mike Jenkins and Sean Lee to add to our pitiful storyline. Can we hire a strength and conditioning coach that knows how to keep our guys injury free?
Lockout killed organized offseason. -_- Wish they didn't need someone screaming at them to do the strength and conditioning themselves.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it too early to give Carter minutes? Brooking is god awful and should have been cut at halftime.

There's no excuse for how the defense played, I know Vick can be tough to gameplan against but my goodness we looked helpless out there. They were just eating us up over the middle.

Anyway, what's the deal with Dez's lack of involvement? This is becoming a common theme, who would have thought that by week 9 Romo's favorite target on the outside would be Laurent friggin Robinson? I mean he doesn't even look towards Dez's side of the field. It really just doesn't make any sense, I would be trying to get him the ball like 10 times a game. If you aren't gonna target him in the passing game then at least use him on returns. As long as he doesn't get his touches this team will struggle to score points. We're making things way harder than they need to be on offense.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I know a lot of people may not. The truth is it's there and a factor in our season. We been getting hurt since 2005 Eli's first panther playoff game. I am sure if they had a stat since then we'd be up there.

Lee and Jenkins out for the season? See that hurts too. First CB on IR for you guys? First LB on IR too?

I been saying the same thing since 05 about the S & C coach.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I know a lot of people may not. The truth is it's there and a factor in our season. We been getting hurt since 2005 Eli's first panther playoff game. I am sure if they had a stat since then we'd be up there.

Lee and Jenkins out for the season? See that hurts too. First CB on IR for you guys? First LB on IR too?

I been saying the same thing since 05 about the S & C coach.
No I heard Jenkins was 3-4 weeks. Not sure on Lee yet, but he is critical, so I hope not too long.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
No I heard Jenkins was 3-4 weeks. Not sure on Lee yet, but he is critical, so I hope not too long.
Oh that's not bad then. Christ, they will be coming back. If they go to IR, then let me know. I thought they were season ending injuries. If that's the case you get my sympathies.

That's where you hope:

Jerry Jones: President, CEO, GM, and GOD has brought in good depth for your team.

We have had season ending injuries in vast numbers AND guys week to week. I wanted a new S & C coach very badly. Ours stinks!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Is it too early to give Carter minutes? Brooking is god awful and should have been cut at halftime.

There's no excuse for how the defense played, I know Vick can be tough to gameplan against but my goodness we looked helpless out there. They were just eating us up over the middle.

Anyway, what's the deal with Dez's lack of involvement? This is becoming a common theme, who would have thought that by week 9 Romo's favorite target on the outside would be Laurent friggin Robinson? I mean he doesn't even look towards Dez's side of the field. It really just doesn't make any sense, I would be trying to get him the ball like 10 times a game. If you aren't gonna target him in the passing game then at least use him on returns. As long as he doesn't get his touches this team will struggle to score points. We're making things way harder than they need to be on offense.
It's tough when you just have the televised angles to go by...but it really did look like the Eagles had Dez and Miles on lock, all day. They werent getting open. And it didnt help matters that Garrett insisted upon calling rather deep routes. A lot of the time, Romo was facing pressure and Miles/Dez werent even out of their breaks or even turned around yet, because Garrett had them running 15-20 yard routes all the time. They should have just shortened things up and attacked the middle of the field. This is a rather consistent problem when the passing game is struggling also. Poor pass blocking + long developing routes are not a great mix.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

I think the injury to Sean Lee will open the door for Carter on third downs and obvious passing situations. After seeing Brooking and Bradie get exposed out there Im sure Ryan will want to get some more speed on the field.

As for the game planning for Vick, it was disgusting how long the safeties were employed into a cover two shell. Rob over thought this, I think the idea was to keep as many eyes in the backfield as possible while limiting deep throws, but in turn Vick remained calm and slid around the pressure and waiting for the huge gaps in the middle of the field to open. It also didnt help that Jason Peters and Kelce were able to collapse the entire line on cut backs and draws. Ratliff is a great playmaker and a warrior in the trenches but I am BEGGING for a true NT in the offseason. I could only imagine what Ryan could do with the flexability to move Ratliff the way he does Ware.

Every one continues to talk about Dez's involvement and why he continues to disappear... what about Miles Austin? He has been just as vacant in desperate situations. I believe it comes down two easy explanations... the interior line isn't allowing enough time for the outside WR to make their breaks and get up field, couple that with the fact that JG isn't deploying a lot of short routes or three step drops to relieve some of the pressure off of the line. In the Eagles game the birds trusted their corners in man coverage and bracketed Witten with a safety and a linebacker, often leaving Robinson running through zone or single coverage with a safety... explaining the high amount of targets.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 04:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I think the injury to Sean Lee will open the door for Carter on third downs and obvious passing situations. After seeing Brooking and Bradie get exposed out there Im sure Ryan will want to get some more speed on the field.

As for the game planning for Vick, it was disgusting how long the safeties were employed into a cover two shell. Rob over thought this, I think the idea was to keep as many eyes in the backfield as possible while limiting deep throws, but in turn Vick remained calm and slid around the pressure and waiting for the huge gaps in the middle of the field to open. It also didnt help that Jason Peters and Kelce were able to collapse the entire line on cut backs and draws. Ratliff is a great playmaker and a warrior in the trenches but I am BEGGING for a true NT in the offseason. I could only imagine what Ryan could do with the flexability to move Ratliff the way he does Ware.

Every one continues to talk about Dez's involvement and why he continues to disappear... what about Miles Austin? He has been just as vacant in desperate situations. I believe it comes down two easy explanations... the interior line isn't allowing enough time for the outside WR to make their breaks and get up field, couple that with the fact that JG isn't deploying a lot of short routes or three step drops to relieve some of the pressure off of the line. In the Eagles game the birds trusted their corners in man coverage and bracketed Witten with a safety and a linebacker, often leaving Robinson running through zone or single coverage with a safety... explaining the high amount of targets.
I certainly hope Carter gets to see the field more because Brooking doesn't have anything left in the tank. The timing of this Lee injury could be a blessing in disguise for Carter.

As for Rob Ryan... chalk it up to being welcomed to the NFC East by a real offense... not the cruddy one that Washington showed us. In time, Rob will make the right adjustments. ...he's shown the ability to do that in the past. ie. From being toasted by Tom Brady, do being one of the few DCs in the league to learn how to defend him.

I have been wishing for years for a true NT. It's like a mirage in the desert forever escaping me, so I know how you feel. When Wade came aboard, I had new hopes of him making Ratliff a DE. He even experimented with it in training camp, but alas nothing happened. So when we hired Rob at the beginning of the offseason, again I hoped he would move Ratliff away from NT. We've seen Ratliff moved, which is good, but I was hoping for a NT acquisition before the season started. Hopefully, after a full season of being with this team and knowing for a surety what he's got that NT becomes a top priority for this team.

As for our WRs... the problem is neither with Dez or Miles. The problem is Jason Garrett and Tony Romo. Garrett couldn't make effective game adjustments (I question if he attempted to make any at all, in fact) and his offense remained predictable. ...and Tony, still struggling to overcome being the scapegoat again, has gotten trigger shy and hesitant to throw to his primary receivers if they are even remotely guarded. I hate to say it, but he's turned into Captain Checkdown.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

That was a pathetic performance Sunday.

1) Totally out coached on the D. Ryan's plan made Vick look like Joe Montana. Vick is not a passer ... so make him one.

2) Romo looks shot. He has looked awful since Detroit INTs. It seems he has gone into a shell and more interested in protecting himself than playing QB. I really think he has morphed into Marc Bulger.

3) How god awful are James and Brookings?

4) Our D had no gap control which only added to the terrible scheme. I remember with players like McCoy and Vick the best option is to simply get in front of them and gang tackle. These are guys who run to daylight and when they see none their feet simply freeze. So all 11 on the D need to run and not give up on a play assuming a tackle is about to be made.

But truly pathetic.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 11-02-2011 at 10:30 AM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
That was a pathetic performance Sunday.

1) Totally out coached on the D. Ryan's plan made Vick look like Joe Montana. Vick is not a passer ... so make him one.

2) Romo looks shot. He has looked awful since Detroit INTs. It seems he has gone into a shell and more interested in protecting himself than playing QB. I really think he has morphed into Marc Bulger.

3) How god awful are James and Brookings?

4) Our D had no gap control which only added to the terrible scheme. I remember with players like McCoy and Vick the best option is to simply get in front of them and gang tackle. These are guys who run to daylight and when they see none their feet simply freeze. So all 11 on the D need to run and not give up on a play assuming a tackle is about to be made.

But truly pathetic.
Lombardi, was on the ticket this morning and he pretty much down played the loss. He said Dallas was just in a bad spot, Philly played perfect and it just got away from them. He felt as long as Dallas gets back up and wins this week, they will be fine. He used the term 'perfect storm'. I hope he's right.

As for Romo, I'm a big supporter, still. I think what has happened is that his eyes have been taken from down field to the rush. It's hard to blame him with what he's gone through, but that's the issue.

As we all know, the old OL was in severe decline in 09. He got the bad back late in 09, but was able to fight through it. Then the collarbone in 10, then right off the bat this year, he get's broken ribs.

That type of stuff has an effect on a QB. He's already been sacked 15 times so he is on pace for the most sacks he's ever had. That type of stuff has an effect on the QB's eye level. Instead of his eye level being 8-15 yards down the field, he's looking at 3-8 yards down the field.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I certainly hope Carter gets to see the field more because Brooking doesn't have anything left in the tank. The timing of this Lee injury could be a blessing in disguise for Carter.

As for Rob Ryan... chalk it up to being welcomed to the NFC East by a real offense... not the cruddy one that Washington showed us. In time, Rob will make the right adjustments. ...he's shown the ability to do that in the past. ie. From being toasted by Tom Brady, do being one of the few DCs in the league to learn how to defend him.

I have been wishing for years for a true NT. It's like a mirage in the desert forever escaping me, so I know how you feel. When Wade came aboard, I had new hopes of him making Ratliff a DE. He even experimented with it in training camp, but alas nothing happened. So when we hired Rob at the beginning of the offseason, again I hoped he would move Ratliff away from NT. We've seen Ratliff moved, which is good, but I was hoping for a NT acquisition before the season started. Hopefully, after a full season of being with this team and knowing for a surety what he's got that NT becomes a top priority for this team.

As for our WRs... the problem is neither with Dez or Miles. The problem is Jason Garrett and Tony Romo. Garrett couldn't make effective game adjustments (I question if he attempted to make any at all, in fact) and his offense remained predictable. ...and Tony, still struggling to overcome being the scapegoat again, has gotten trigger shy and hesitant to throw to his primary receivers if they are even remotely guarded. I hate to say it, but he's turned into Captain Checkdown.
Scapegoating Romo for that game is unfair lol. Re-watched the game and it is clear that his WRs aren't even making it past getting jammed by the time he's getting pressured. If he pleases you he's chucking the ball into tight coverage with no window rather than checking down due to the abysmal play by our interior line.

Major issues with the game:

- Rob Ryan's scheme allowed Vick to destroy the middle of the field.
- ^ lead to Garrett abandoning the running game when it was brutally efficient (9+ ypc).
- Interior offensive line play is poor and Montrae Holland CANNOT pick up stunts.
- Playcalling was for immediate-to-long routes that were never completed due to pressure up the middle.

To be completely honest Ryan will go back to the drawing board and get better. We aren't capable of playing shell coverage with our linebackers ESPECIALLY without Sean "Bruce" Lee. With the scoreline in check a balanced attack will free up those longer routes because the defense won't be pinning their ears back to tee off on Romo.

No immediate solution for our interior line lets just pray for a solid offseason training / draft / FA. Definitely not throwing that game at Romo's feet though extremely hard to be effective when your pocket collapses from the middle every play.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Scapegoating Romo for that game is unfair lol. Re-watched the game and it is clear that his WRs aren't even making it past getting jammed by the time he's getting pressured. If he pleases you he's chucking the ball into tight coverage with no window rather than checking down due to the abysmal play by our interior line.

Major issues with the game:

- Rob Ryan's scheme allowed Vick to destroy the middle of the field.
- ^ lead to Garrett abandoning the running game when it was brutally efficient (9+ ypc).
- Interior offensive line play is poor and Montrae Holland CANNOT pick up stunts.
- Playcalling was for immediate-to-long routes that were never completed due to pressure up the middle.

To be completely honest Ryan will go back to the drawing board and get better. We aren't capable of playing shell coverage with our linebackers ESPECIALLY without Sean "Bruce" Lee. With the scoreline in check a balanced attack will free up those longer routes because the defense won't be pinning their ears back to tee off on Romo.

No immediate solution for our interior line lets just pray for a solid offseason training / draft / FA. Definitely not throwing that game at Romo's feet though extremely hard to be effective when your pocket collapses from the middle every play.
I agree with this.

Some are saying that Philly exposed the Dallas D. Well, duh? How many teams in the league can present the issues that Philly does?

Again, teams have a few stinkers a year. Even if you go 12-4, you lose 4 games.

And as I said earlier, Romo is no different than any QB in that when they get pressure up the middle and can't step into throws, it makes your offense look really bad.

I've been hearing that it's a strong possibility that this week Kosier starts at Center and Dockery will start at Guard.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-02-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

One other thing Lombardi said that was interesting was that if you look back at the tape, Rat actually destroyed the Philly center.

The problem was that we just got gashed because the running lanes were so big.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-02-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
One other thing Lombardi said that was interesting was that if you look back at the tape, Rat actually destroyed the Philly center.

Yeah, I really didn't think Ratliff had a bad game, so when I heard that, I tried not to make a fuss about it. His effort was tremendous. Fought like a warrior. He's a beast in pursuit of getting to the QB. It just that he still plays the role of the 1 gap penetrator, and against the run, I still have question marks on how well he does his role, and I question the fact that since he doesn't command a double team consistently, how much better this defense would operate having a true NT.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post

The d-line was getting some good penetration, but the key to stopping the urn like they have is getting the backers to fill in those holes. Also there was no one keeping outside contain so that McCoy wouldn't bounce outside. It was driving me insane. McCoy had nothing but field whenever he wanted to cut back. If someone was there just to slow him down a bit there would have been more stops in the backfield and at the line of scrimmage.

I think all the backers had a bad game, even Ware. Yeah he had 4 sacks, but he over pursued too often. He settled down a bit, but that didn't happen with Brooking and Bradie. Specner also disappointed me because he's usually outstanding against the run. He usually knows how to pursue things well on the outside, but he took too many hard angles to the inside. Brooking and Bradie just stared at McCoy when he ran through the hole. It was just ugly.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Oh yeah, side note. This Sunday Larry Allen, Charles Haley, and Drew Pearson are getting inducted into the Ring of Honor. Let's get some talk going about those guys.

I can't say much about Drew since I was born in '85 and never saw him play. I hear he was elite during his day though.

Haley was really good here. I disagree a bit on him being inducted because he was only here for five years, but it's hard to discount how much he helped out the defense. The defense of the 90's Cowboys doesn't get talked about much, but they were one of the elite defenses back then. I don't care how good Troy, Emmitt, and Michael were, if they didn't have a great D they couldn't win many games. Hopefully Jerry puts more defenders in the Ring. Darren Woodson instantly comes to mind.

As for Larry Allen he's my all time favorite player, and to me he is hands down the best lineman I have ever seen. He's been the beast at 4 different positions. He was the best guard at both spots, and when he played tackle he shut down high level players like it was nothing. It really says something when you've got Erik Williams and Nate Newton on your team and people consider you the best. I hope he goes in the Hall next year. He definitely deserves it. He was the perfect player. /idolatry

Old 11-02-2011, 06:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Mike Jenkins Injury: Dallas Cowboys' Cornerback To Miss 3-4 Weeks, According To Report

http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-co...oys-cornerback

Quote:
More news coming out of Dallas, as starting inside linebacker Sean Lee will attempt to play versus Seattle on Sunday after dislocating his wrist while attempting to tackle Philadelphia quarterback Michael Vick in the first quarter. Lee is the Cowboys' leading tackler, and it remains to be seen if Bradie James and Keith Brooking can step in and perform to the high level that Lee had so far this season.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Jenkins Injury: Dallas Cowboys' Cornerback To Miss 3-4 Weeks, According To Report

http://dallas.sbnation.com/dallas-co...oys-cornerback
That is not good news at all, considering Jenkins has not only been the most consistant cover man, but the most physical. It couldn't be worse timing considering over the next four weeks they will be facing big WR's such as David Nelson 6'5 215, Sidney Rice 6'4 202, and Brandon Marshall 6'4 230.

Compound that with the fact Scandrick will be manning the outside, leaving Alan Ball and Frank Walker defending dangerous slot recievers like Santana Moss, Davone Bess, and Brad Smith.

Abe Elam and Sensy are going to be very important to the success against the pass over this stretch. Also, I predict a heavy dose of Barry Church lined up as a LB is passing situations.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote