Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-03-2011, 02:29 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A Message to Tony Romo

D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a random thought at 4:30 am on the east coast, anyone in favor of signing LT in the offseason to add a much needed vet presence? I think it would make perfect sense to add a firery leader and a consummate professional to this young offense.

For some strange reason I was thinking of the 2003 team and how Percells brought in Richie Anderson for that purpose. IMO LT still has some gas left in the tank and can be a dangerous third down back if utilized properly.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Just a random thought at 4:30 am on the east coast, anyone in favor of signing LT in the offseason to add a much needed vet presence? I think it would make perfect sense to add a firery leader and a consummate professional to this young offense.

For some strange reason I was thinking of the 2003 team and how Percells brought in Richie Anderson for that purpose. IMO LT still has some gas left in the tank and can be a dangerous third down back if utilized properly.
I don't know, not sure I'm really in favor of this. I'd rather turn Felix into the 3rd down back.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
A Message to Tony Romo

This is great. I've never really liked SY after football and some of the dumb things he's said, but this speech really kind of hits home.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice one. But I will always hate Steve Young. It Should Have Been a 4 PEAT!!
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post

I totally get where you're going, but I don't think LT is the answer. I never thought much of him as a leader in San Diego. Plus, we have consummate professionals. But I do get needing some leadership improvements. Anderson was brought in because Parcells trusted him and used him to help install his system/philosophy here in Dallas. We saw Anderson, Dan Campbell, Keyshawn, Terry Glenn, Bledsoe, Testaverde, Ferg, Aaron Glenn... all came here because they were Parcells' boys.

Rob did some this past offseason with Kenyon Coleman and Abram Elam which really have helped to give us some stabilazation. ...and we ALMOST got Nnamdi. I'm sure more will come next offseason. The names that resonnate in my mind now who I think would be good fits for us in the offseason are:

ILB D'Qwell Jackson - Played under Rob in CLE and developed into one of the leagues better tacklers...consistently putting up high numbers. With Brooking/James out the door, having a vet like him who knows the system is exactly what you were getting at with Parcells and Richie Anderson, Dan Campbell and Ferguson.

NT Sione Pouha - We've been clamoring for a NT around here lately... Pouha didn't play for Rob, but he plays for Rex! He would fit like a glove here. He'd know the system from the start and as an established vet, be ready to go right away. He's an UFA, so if we make a push for him, I think NY could let him go.

S Brodney Pool/Jim Leonhard - Speaking of Jets players, these are 2 vets who might get a look, but I think Sensy will get the first shot to get extended. Elam is a lock to come back.

CB Tyvon Branch - Played for Rob 1 year in Oakland. Could give us much needed quality depth at that position and a cheaper substitute than Newman. Branch will want a starting job, but Rob always talks about having 3 starting corners.

DT Cory Redding - Played for brother Rex in Baltimore and is a Texas native. Still capable of providing depth and could come relatively cheap.

All of these guys could come in, hit the ground running, provide veteran leadership and help Rob continue to install and dig deeper into the defensive playbook as well as help us at key areas of need.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure we had a chance to bring in Brian Waters this off-season. Plenty chances. Not sure how he's fared this year but I love that type of presence with a veteran offensive lineman. We have needed to draft that type of player for a long time though and we never do.

edit: whoops. Just realized you meant LDT not a Left Tackle haha...No thanks. He had some salty things to say about SD even though his play dropped off considerably, and all he's good for is catching the ball out of the backfield and honestly Felix is more explosive in that regards for just that one role.

Sucks to hear about Sean Lee, like really sucks. He is not only a pro bowl player but a difference maker and ALWAYS making a tackle, let alone covering in zone. These were one of the things though we said after drafting him, injury concerns, will he hold up. Some will say it's just a freak injury but this was a big knock on him coming out of the draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
A Message to Tony Romo

Be nice if he did it in a manly fashion instead of his "oh gosh" BS attitude.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 03:33 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only problem Romo is having at the moment is that he has so many people in his ear telling him everything he's doing wrong that he's forgetting all those things that he does right. I must be the only person on here who is willing to put up with 20 INT's in a season if it comes with 30+ TD's and a playoff berth. And that's exactly what we need and what we seem to be pushing Romo away from producing.

He's not a classic passer. He's not the most economical QB. But I'll take the QB who plays his own game and doesn't know when he's completely lost a game... Over the one who can barely complete 50% of his passes and tries to minimise mistakes. We don't have that type of offense. We have playmakers coupled with a QB who is being asked NOT to capitalise on those playmakers. We have a young and innexperienced O-Line who can't run block to save there lives and we have no passing game to even give our running game support.

And none of that is the fault of our QB who has more quality as a playmaker then everyone else on that offence.

If we are going to salvage this season. Put up with the two INT performances.(because he probably threw four TD's in the same game). Put up with the fumble late in the game while we had a 4 point lead.(Cause chances are he will get that ball one more time and lead us on to a game tying field goal)...

Let Romo play. You will be surprised by the results.

I'll take this every day of the week...

I swear sometimes I feel like a Raiders fan. "Just Win Baby"
Old 11-04-2011, 06:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So basically, your perfectly fine with games like Detroit and New York, as long as he throws a bunch of TD's? Because none of what you said there has anything to do with throwing games away single handedly.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 07:42 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend
So basically, your perfectly fine with games like Detroit and New York, as long as he throws a bunch of TD's? Because none of what you said there has anything to do with throwing games away single handedly.
I'm saying games like Detroit and New York are a result of the attitude he's being forced to take in regards to protecting the ball.

He is still prone to mistakes. But he's been neutered of his playmaking ability. He's prone to making a mistake but whereas his attitude in the past would have been. Put me on the field again boss. I am CERTAIN I can make that play work. Now it's more of a "Well I won't try that one again. It resulted in a turnover and I get too much flak for making mistakes as it is. No need to compound it."

I honestly haven't felt totally confident in Romo since the Washington opener last year. And it's everyone feeding into this idea that a QB has to be perfect every step of the way. Romo burst onto the scene playing a certain style that was successful. He followed that up with a ridiculously successful season a year later and the best franchise record in ages. I have faith in a Romo that plays his own game over watching this shell of a player trying to play a game that isn't his own. He's not Rodgers.(that kid is once in a lifetime at this point) Nor is he Manning.

But I tell all of you this honestly. I wouldn't trade the Romo who could throw five interceptions and still cap it with a game winning drive for any QB in the league.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:35 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
I'm saying games like Detroit and New York are a result of the attitude he's being forced to take in regards to protecting the ball.

He is still prone to mistakes. But he's been neutered of his playmaking ability. He's prone to making a mistake but whereas his attitude in the past would have been. Put me on the field again boss. I am CERTAIN I can make that play work. Now it's more of a "Well I won't try that one again. It resulted in a turnover and I get too much flak for making mistakes as it is. No need to compound it."

I honestly haven't felt totally confident in Romo since the Washington opener last year. And it's everyone feeding into this idea that a QB has to be perfect every step of the way. Romo burst onto the scene playing a certain style that was successful. He followed that up with a ridiculously successful season a year later and the best franchise record in ages. I have faith in a Romo that plays his own game over watching this shell of a player trying to play a game that isn't his own. He's not Rodgers.(that kid is once in a lifetime at this point) Nor is he Manning.

But I tell all of you this honestly. I wouldn't trade the Romo who could throw five interceptions and still cap it with a game winning drive for any QB in the league.
You have to take the good with the bad with Romo. He's just that kind of a QB. I'd take him as my QB any day of the week. I think he hasn't been playing like himself the last few weeks and it's hurt the team some. It's time for him to start slinging it like Romo does. Maybe he'll throw an int or 2, but he'll top that with 3-4 td's.
Old 11-04-2011, 10:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post

However we want to classify it, he's been in this league for awhile now, he's not a young wreckless player. Part of playing QB is taking care of the football and limiting mistakes. Remember the 1 year everyone put a huge emphasis on it and so did he, and he limited his turnovers by a HUGE margin. I think it was 09, 26 TD's, less then 10 picks, cut his fumbles completely in half.

So I'm not buying what everyone keeps saying around here "well that's just who Romo is". Not it's not. That's BS and a cop out answer for expecting a guy to turn the ball over and never correct the issue.

I'd take that season, over the one a year or 2 prior where he nearly had 40 TD's but had 19 INT's also. 25+ TD's, less then 10 picks, mixed in with great defense and a ground game is more then enough to win games.

He's regressed in that regards, and instead of holding him accountable for it we just say "well that's just Romo". I love the talent he has and his upside, at his best I'd EASILY take him over someone like Eli and don't care how big of a homer that may make me look, when he's on his game there are few who rivals him.

It's just with the great or elite QB's, they up their play in the 4th quarters and playoffs. Im ok with the fact that he may not be that guy, because if he was automatic in those situations he'd be nearly a perfect QB.

What bothers me is the careless turnovers. Careless being the key word. Who just tosses the ball right to the other team with a huge lead? Now it seems like for every game he'll win for us he'll lose for us. That is most certainly NOT what you should expect from your QB, or just brush off as "that's just Romo guys".

It's not acceptable, hopefully from the top on down in this organization they are letting him know the same. Because me personally, I'd take a considerable drop off in play-making talent at QB for a guy who takes care of the football. What is so maddening is to see a guy as talented as any QB in this league, have mental lapses or whatever you want to call it, and just fold up.

I've seen Favre and Cutler both throwing picks trying to fit balls into tight windows trying to make plays, neither guy just gets completely careless with the ball with a huge lead though and tosses gimme INT's.

There is no justifying the pick to Barbie, and Revis this year. I'd cut down on a bunch of TD's to compensate for not having those throws, everytime.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Who will be covering the ring of honor ceremony at halftime? I'm assuming the national network channel won't be.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd EASILY take him over someone like Eli and don't care how big of a homer that may make me look, when he's on his game there are few who rivals him.
No one will ever accuse you of not having a sense or humor!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
No one will ever accuse you of not having a sense or humor!
This isn't the thread for that debate.

Quote:
Old 11-04-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This isn't the thread for that debate.
Very true. That's why I didn't really post anything else on that. There was no need to.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

FWIW, Barkley described as a "Top 15 Player" on ESPN with Jones and Luck ahead of him.

At this rate, he might land right on Jerry.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 11:13 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
FWIW, Barkley described as a "Top 15 Player" on ESPN with Jones and Luck ahead of him.

At this rate, he might land right on Jerry.
LOL @ ESPN I'd be willing to bet NONE of those guys are available after pick 8...Barkley will go ahead of Jones IMO

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

No one cares what ESPN thinks, Barkley proved he's right there with Luck in the Stanford game, he's a stone cold lock for a top 5 pick and honestly it looks like him and Luck are going to go 1 and 2 with Miami and Indy. Landy Jones. Loll.

Oh and if Dez gets hurt on a punt return guys, in all seriousness, I might not watch another game this season. I know it's football and all, but we obviously can't learn our lesson.

Let's just overlook the countless injuries he's had back there though. Sure that doesn't matter...

Quote:
Old 11-06-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gorgeous throw to Dez.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where were these tosses when Felix was starting? lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-06-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I love it when Ogletree and Martellus Bennett do stupid things. Love it. We should run a screen to Marty B now, then act surprised when he bobbles it 4 times for a pick 6. Let's keep giving those two guys chances to do more stupid things. It obviously worked for Choice.

Quote:
Old 11-06-2011, 12:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh my god...

run a ******* dive.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-06-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Who else is there to blame on our red zone struggles other then Garrett? It's like he has no clue what to do when we are confined in short spaces. We have all these weapons, but happens every week.

Quote: