Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-06-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Let's stop talking about coaches in this forum I am tired of it. We are in the playoffs. Let's just enjoy it while we can. At the end of the season there will be plenty and I mean PLENTY of time to talk about coaching changes and roster moves until then I want a playoff atmosphere in here.

Looks like Hackett is out, Jackson will play but how limited will he be?

Their secondary is so weak, it should open up something for our passing game.

Also if the Cowboys can keep Alexander in check and put up the points they have all year we stand a very good chance of winning.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
$KidCowboy$
Rookie

$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.$KidCowboy$ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.defrancostraining.com/ask...e_02-17-06.htm

According to this, Austin unofficially ran a 4.41, with a 43 inch vert. and 23 bench reps.

Thanks Tobzilla
$KidCowboy$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
Number-94
Rookie

Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:31 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pocketaces wrote:
Their sack leader is 2½ sacks shy of becoming the first franchise player since 1996 to finish with double-digit sacks.

As big a cowboy as I am, I try to keep my homer on the inside. But Ware won't get the 2½ sacks. He'll just get blocked by Westbrook like Dunn did. Hell Addai PWNED hiim face to face. I like Ware but there's no excuse for him to get blocked by a back, I'm still very critical of him.

oooooooooooooooppsssssssssssssssss
OMGERZ JOO TOTALILY PWNED MEH!!!!!

Now really, I'll admitt I didn't think he would get the sacks. But it took him four games to get them; really expecet him to get more consistent with his sacks next year. I'd rather have 1 game-changing sack than 3 first half sacks that meant nothing ala lions games.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I officially would like to see Bill Cowher in Dallas...
Is this the same Bill Cowher who perenially lost the AFC Championship Game at home in cold Pittsburgh on a yearly basis?
Yes and the same Bill Cowher who won the Super Bowl last year, played against the Cowboys in Super Bowl XXX and probably would have won if not for 2 stupid picks by Neil O'Donnell, made the playoffs 10 out of 15 years in Pittsburgh, and, as you pointed out kindly, frequently made it to the AFC championship game, and ran one of the most feared 3-4 defenses in football. Furthermore, take at the quarterbacks he had: O'Donnell, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, etc....not exactly the cream of the crop. To me, to have the kind of success he had with those players is superb.
I think Cowher is a great coach but given that BP haters are running him out of town for turning around a team but not going 12-4 ya gotta wonder how much they'll like Bill C.

Remeber, Bill C also had the benefit of some great Asst Coaches and excellent drafting.
I'm not sure how Parcells has really turned this team around at all...at least since his first year. He certainly has made improvements, but either has not gotten the most out of his players or doesn't have as good a team as we think...the reason why I'm ready to run him out of town is because he seems to give up on the team at times.

Additionally, Cowher could have great assistants and great drafting in Dallas as well...
I want to keep repeating, BP only has two of his drafts so far. TWO. Give him another two and then see.

Remeber the first year, Jerry had BP promise to keep things as is. This was the year BP want K Williams and Jerry over ruled him and went T New. The subsequent offseason after the miracle 10-6 year, Jerry bungled that draft thinking he needed a few players to move along. That was the year he pass on Stephen Jackson ( a big BP back) and went Julius Jones (yuck) Jacobs and Peterman. All Jerry. BP did not get 1 player in those first two drafts for his precious 3-4. NOT ONE 3-4 guy in his first two drafts in Dallas. All Jerry disasters.

So, to me BP really has only been influencing this team for two years in spite of all the 4 year spin.
thats just b.s. bill has been apart of every draft since hes been here or else he wouldnt have came. the year he passed on steven jackson he said that all the backs in that draft were very close in talent and he was able to pick up a future # 1. parcells has had a big influence on whos been drafted and free agency so dont try to give him a pass. jerry might have been the one who wanted t.o. but bill signed off on it or he wouldnt be here either. so far the parcells era has been a failure and we dont need 2 more years to see that.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the reason he didnt get anybody for the 3-4 is because we werent running it....duh!
Old 01-06-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Game time weather forecast
Meteorologist Jeff Renner just instant-messaged me his forecast for 5 p.m. game time at Qwest Field: "A few showers at kick off, with increasing rain likely in the second half. Temps in low 40's. Winds from the south at 10-20 m.p.h."
Old 01-06-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $KidCowboy$

According to this, Austin unofficially ran a 4.41, with a 43 inch vert. and 23 bench reps.
Nice. Now we just to need see that in game action.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:
Originally Posted by $KidCowboy$

Nice. Now we just to need see that in game action.
WhY wasnt he drafted?
Old 01-06-2007, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby looks like he's playing well. Good Energy.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The line is protecting well, we're just not clicking. Damn!

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
taylor03

Yeah were just not clicking.....you go ahead and keep thinking that. The problem with this team is the fat ass on the sideline.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:13 PM    (permalink
taylor03

Hmmm.....one of the greatest CHOKES in history!!! I wonder if somewhere out there Jimmy Johnson is laughing his ass off.....oh boy, this thing needs to be torn down and rebuilt NOW. Romo the next FRANCHISE QB? Ha...I think not.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:19 PM    (permalink
taylor03

I sure hope fat ass calls it quits right now it the press conference!!! This guy has done NOTHING in 4 years...not one thing. What a waste of 4 years on Jerry Jones part. IT is time to get a YOUNG coach with his own staff in here and rebuild this thing from the ground up starting with a franchise QB.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Wow.......um......this is probably the hardest lost I think since, can't even think of one.

Romo and Glenn both cost us the game....can't blame it on one of them. If Glenn didn't fumble then Romo wouldn't of been in that position.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I cannot believe how that ended. I guess we'll start looking toward the offseason tommorrow.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

wow.....thats all i gotta say.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
RaiderLifer
Rookie

RaiderLifer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rough one sorry guys
Old 01-06-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's ridicolous. I can't believe it..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news is Bill sounds like he's coming back in his press conference.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Yeah. Pretty tough to take.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Austin will be the kick returner next year...

Carp out played Ware and has more moves rushing the passer....

Newman got picked on, heck so did Henry but is anyone surprised by that?

Parcells is here to stay, you can tell in the PC....

Who's the next DC?
Old 01-06-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm after looking at the replay again do you guys think romo could have gotten the first down if he stretched out with both hands?
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
taylor03

Yeah right....trust me, fat ass is gone. You people that are not from this area know nothing about the pressure coaches are under with THIS team. You think the New York press is tough? The Dallas Cowboys have 4 times the media coverage on a daily basis than any other NFL team.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820
hmm after looking at the replay again do you guys think romo could have gotten the first down if he stretched out with both hands?
Maybe...if but come one the game is partly on Glenns shoulders too; he fumbled the ball if he didn't Romo probably(99%) wouldn't had been in that position.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820
I was hoping he would. In that instance, you've got to completely sell out for it. I don't think he was aware of Babineaux behind him.

Albert Camus