Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-06-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice breakdown, I'd welcome a Safety like that who can show up consistently in the running game. Even though he sucked in coverage, Roy was a monster for our run defense and we've been missing that type of enforcer in the secondary.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Yea I said a few weeks ago that they've been playing pretty well, we're night and day this year in limiting the big plays. That said we should still bring in a safety with some upside in this draft, none of the young guys have starter potential.
I'm not sure how I feel on that yet.

I don't really love either of these guys as long term starters, but with how well our D has played with them, and some of the other huge holes I'd be willing to give them another year rental.

Granted I don't know how the board will fall because if a guy we didn't think we would have a chance to draft falls to us in the 1st or 2nd I'd take them, but I don't really see a need to draft a Safety next year anymore. I'd rather another CB, or ILB(we are only going to have 2 good ones which isn't enough), and Guard I'd rather take before.

I don't see the point in another late round rd flier and we'd likely pass because we always do that and still have some guys like that. AOA is one, and if they like his development they'd likely give him another shot, but drafting another guy like him might not make the roster.

I think it'd have to be in the first 2 rounds, or not at all. I could be wrong, but I've been screaming to take a safety early for a long time when our safeties sucked and it never happened. Now that their playing very solid I don't think it'll change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the defense is regressing....Gameplan is out on how to beat them, Brooking and James are stonefooted.....might see some drubbings here in the next few games
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Boy those PI calls on NE gifted wrapped the game to the GMen.

Just seems Pittsburgh, Giants and NE get calls constantly.

SD, Dallas, Baltimore always screwed.

Today Refs had to choose.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if the trend continues...Fred Jackson is going to murder our defense.

That game can really go either way.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Well, all these last two games proves to me is just how important the triangle is in the 3-4 and how little we have invested in it over the last few drafts.

We need more talent in the triangle though I will say our safety play has gotten better this year.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:29 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have faith that Rob Ryan will make the proper adjustments to the run defense. We need Lee back in the worst way as well. Not sure why he didn't play through it this week.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Boy those PI calls on NE gifted wrapped the game to the GMen.

Just seems Pittsburgh, Giants and NE get calls constantly.

SD, Dallas, Baltimore always screwed.

Today Refs had to choose.
Yeah right, we feel the opposite! We barely get any calls, and our DEs get held religiously game in and game out. I guess it's a matter of perception. You think we don't and we think we never get any calls. But when you tackle a WR near the endzone you are going to get called.

They missed holding on our DEs throughout the game.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lee will help, but he wont fix all the problems. And he has been no stranger to missed tackles lately as well.

Hopefully they'll get back on track, the holes today were huge.

As for some Seattle praise...I'd like to add that Okung played a beautiful game on that left side.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see you guys won! Murray had a good game! How would you guys evaluate this game against seattle?
Old 11-06-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else cautiously optimistic about our running game? With how badly we've struggled the past year and a half it's almost too good to be true and I'm kind of expecting our recent success to only be short lived... I have a hard time believing Montrae Holland has been the missing link haha. Hopefully we can keep this up and with Felix coming back within the next 2 weeks we have a potentially dangerous 1-2 punch.

Today was a perfect balance of run/pass and Romo was clearly more confident with a running game to fall back. Probably his best performance of the year.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
We need Lee back in the worst way as well. Not sure why he didn't play through it this week.
Swelling..couldn't properly diagnose him to see whether or not he could play with a brace until the swelling goes down.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:04 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I see you guys won! Murray had a good game! How would you guys evaluate this game against seattle?
Playcalling near the goalline was suspect as usual and it forced us to settle for 3 twice in the 1st half which kept Seattle in the game. Our run D is starting to unravel but the absence of Sean Lee the past 2 weeks certainly plays a hand in that. If we can fix those 2 areas of our team we're going to be in good shape. That said, the redzone issues have been a constant since Garrett got here and he continues to prove he has no idea what he'd doing down there. Sadly enough, there's no reason to believe that will change anytime soon.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 11-06-2011 at 08:07 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Playcalling near the goalline was suspect as usual and it forced us to settle for 3 twice in the 1st half which kept Seattle in the game. Our run D is starting to unravel but the absence of Sean Lee the past 2 weeks certainly plays a hand in that. If we can fix those 2 areas of our team we're going to be in good shape. That said, the redzone issues have been a constant since Garrett got here and he continues to prove he has no idea what he'd doing down there. Sadly enough, there's no reason to believe that will change anytime soon.
How was the pass rush? I see Ware didn't get a sack today. I figured he'd have like 2 or 3.

It could be worse. Gilbride had a brutal game. Better at the end, but stop running draws in the redzone! He put the offense in a sure passing situation and we got blitzed big time. That led to an INT. Stupid draw near the goal line when other Qbs just throw. When we throw at the end we scored.

We can trade Gilbride for JG.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:14 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How was the pass rush? I see Ware didn't get a sack today. I figured he'd have like 2 or 3.

It could be worse. Gilbride had a brutal game. Better at the end, but stop running draws in the redzone! He put the offense in a sure passing situation and we got blitzed big time. That led to an INT. Stupid draw near the goal line when other Qbs just throw. When we throw at the end we scored.

We can trade Gilbride for JG.
Pass rush was spotty, we only recorded one sack but when we did get pressue we forced Jackson into some turnovers.

It's solely redzone issues with Garrett, I don't have any major problems with him between the 20's but when you consistently stall drives inside the 5 you can't expect to be a winning team. We're dead last in the league in converting inside the 10, it's so frustrating.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

What do you guys want if you were calling the plays? More runs? passes?
Old 11-06-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

I want him to stop being cute. 1st and goal from the 1 today was classic JG; play-action pass to the backup TE, weakside toss, play-action pass. We were killing them up the gut with Murray all game, yet JG gets away from the ground and pound and outsmarts himself trying to catch Seattle off-guard with trickery. Just doesn't make any sense.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
I want him to stop being cute. 1st and goal from the 1 today was classic JG; play-action pass to the backup TE, weakside toss, play-action pass. We were killing them up the gut with Murray all game, yet JG gets away from the ground and pound and outsmarts himself trying to catch Seattle off-guard with trickery. Just doesn't make any sense.
I'd take that then draw, or run the ball. At least your putting the QB in the hands of your QB. Good or bad, he is going to look for Witten and other guys. We HAVE TO run the ball. I think it must be in Gilbride's contract, run the ball in the red zone. And when that fails, it's an obvious passing down.

That's not good with trickery. What was the play? I don't mind play action in this game with you guys with Murray doing well. I can see the logic behind that. But if you guys aren't running well, then PA makes zero sense.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:04 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah right, we feel the opposite! We barely get any calls, and our DEs get held religiously game in and game out. I guess it's a matter of perception. You think we don't and we think we never get any calls. But when you tackle a WR near the endzone you are going to get called.

They missed holding on our DEs throughout the game.
Please, Giants are a beloved team.

Ware gets hand to the face 2-3 a game and they never call squat.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

How about a naked boot leg or QB sneak. Romo has good legs but we never seem to use them in any fashion.

Also pull some Guards some time.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Please, Giants are a beloved team.

Ware gets hand to the face 2-3 a game and they never call squat.
Not even close. We get shafted regularly. This goes all the way back to the 49ers playoff game. The worse pass defense once again flashed why they are the worst. We get 2-3 holds on guys like Tuck, Osi and JPP. They maybe call 1 or two even if that.
Old 11-06-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game shows just how important Lee is to the defense. Bradie looks like he doesn't care anymore, and Brooking is just an old man without much to give. Next year what I'd do is get a free agent ILB that you could rotate some snaps with Carter. A guy like D'Qwell Jackson like D has been mentioning. Since Carter may not be ready you get a guy who can start, but give Carter some snaps in the nickel like they did with Burnett here just to get his feet wet and see what you have. The biggest weak spot to me is the middle backers and corner injuries. The safeties are fine, but there still is that middle of the field open. Sean Lee can't do it all by himself.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd take that then draw, or run the ball. At least your putting the QB in the hands of your QB. Good or bad, he is going to look for Witten and other guys. We HAVE TO run the ball. I think it must be in Gilbride's contract, run the ball in the red zone. And when that fails, it's an obvious passing down.

That's not good with trickery. What was the play? I don't mind play action in this game with you guys with Murray doing well. I can see the logic behind that. But if you guys aren't running well, then PA makes zero sense.
I'd personally like to see some draws out of the shotgun circa 2005 Julius Jones and why is there such a lack of jump balls to Dez, he should have had a TD against Nnamdi if he wasn't being rode like a horse lol.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:50 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Not even close. We get shafted regularly. This goes all the way back to the 49ers playoff game. The worse pass defense once again flashed why they are the worst. We get 2-3 holds on guys like Tuck, Osi and JPP. They maybe call 1 or two even if that.
That explains yesterday PIs on the road to gift wrap the win.

GMen might be their own worst enemies (injuries, punting to DeSean) but in terms of the refs ...... GMen are loved. Their OL alone hold just about every running play when they pull.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 11-07-2011 at 06:53 AM.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
That explains yesterday PIs on the road to gift wrap the win.

GMen might be their own worst enemies (injuries, punting to DeSean) but in terms of the refs ...... GMen are loved. Their OL alone hold just about every running play when they pull.
They were obvious PI calls. Tracy White didn't play all game and they decided to put him in. He got beat and never turned around, and Manningham was trying to stop to come back to catch it.

The second one was a complete take down.

Very obvious PI calls. You can't do that and get away with it.

Please, we are far from loved. They called the right calls in those two situations. That was as routine as it gets.