Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-07-2011, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to take this off-topic and talk about Dallas... *rolls eyes*

DeMarco Murray has the most rushing yards in a three-game span (466) of any back in Cowboys history. Murray has more rushing yards this season (539) than any of the 13 running backs taken ahead of his spot in the 2011 and 2010 drafts. And Murray has two 100-yard efforts in his last three games. Felix Jones has three in his four-year career. Tony Dorsett's take on Murray: "Cowboy fans this Murray kid is the truth".

Anyone else extremely pleased with how Murray is patient in waiting for the hole to open and then bursts through? It's exciting to watch a RB not plow into the back of our oline when a hole isn't opened as soon as the ball is handed off. When Felix comes back if Austin is still out I would love to see plays with 3 backs on the field (Murray, Fia, and Felix). Perhaps some weak-side screens to Felix after faking to Murray would be a cure for all-ills.

-_- And please god heal Sean "Bruce" Lee because I can't watch Brooking and Brady play another game together.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Hate to take this off-topic and talk about Dallas... *rolls eyes*

DeMarco Murray has the most rushing yards in a three-game span (466) of any back in Cowboys history. Murray has more rushing yards this season (539) than any of the 13 running backs taken ahead of his spot in the 2011 and 2010 drafts. And Murray has two 100-yard efforts in his last three games. Felix Jones has three in his four-year career. Tony Dorsett's take on Murray: "Cowboy fans this Murray kid is the truth".

Anyone else extremely pleased with how Murray is patient in waiting for the hole to open and then bursts through? It's exciting to watch a RB not plow into the back of our oline when a hole isn't opened as soon as the ball is handed off. When Felix comes back if Austin is still out I would love to see plays with 3 backs on the field (Murray, Fia, and Felix). Perhaps some weak-side screens to Felix after faking to Murray would be a cure for all-ills.

-_- And please god heal Sean "Bruce" Lee because I can't watch Brooking and Brady play another game together.
Murray's patience has been key in some of his good runs. Well that and breaking some tackles. We haven't seen a runner be as patient as Murray in a long time. He's been getting a good bit of carries and seems like he can shoulder the load. He has dropped a few passes that I'm not happy with, but when he does catch the ball he's been good with it.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's that, but his vision and cutting ability are just top notch. If he gets some wiggle room he is going to make the most out of a play. He understands running lanes very well and he changes directions at the drop of a dime. I lost track of how many plays he got extra yardage for knowing when to cut back.

I'm very excited about his future here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
This game shows just how important Lee is to the defense. Bradie looks like he doesn't care anymore, and Brooking is just an old man without much to give. Next year what I'd do is get a free agent ILB that you could rotate some snaps with Carter. A guy like D'Qwell Jackson like D has been mentioning. Since Carter may not be ready you get a guy who can start, but give Carter some snaps in the nickel like they did with Burnett here just to get his feet wet and see what you have. The biggest weak spot to me is the middle backers and corner injuries. The safeties are fine, but there still is that middle of the field open. Sean Lee can't do it all by himself.

I thought D'Qwell was locked up earlier this year already. Maybe not though. Either way we definately need an ILB in some form or fashion. Probably a starting caliber type just in case. Even a Kevin Burnett type in coverage would be an upgrade. He was great for that Nickle package for us, now we just get shredded apart there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Murray's patience has been key in some of his good runs. Well that and breaking some tackles. We haven't seen a runner be as patient as Murray in a long time. He's been getting a good bit of carries and seems like he can shoulder the load. He has dropped a few passes that I'm not happy with, but when he does catch the ball he's been good with it.
One thing I love in runners is patience and vision. That's the difference between a good runner and a great one besides longevity and effectiveness in key situations. I've liked him before he was drafted, and though I disagreed with the pick I'm glad I was wrong. I knew he'd be a steal, but he's looking like a huge steal right now. I will hold off on anointing him though, and I've got two words for that: Julius Jones. People remember the back he was when he disappointed, but he looked like a serious stud in the making his rookie year. Of course Murray is a totally different runner than Julius, so I doubt he'd end up like that. Anything can happen though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I thought D'Qwell was locked up earlier this year already. Maybe not though. Either way we definately need an ILB in some form or fashion. Probably a starting caliber type just in case. Even a Kevin Burnett type in coverage would be an upgrade. He was great for that Nickle package for us, now we just get shredded apart there.
D has brought him up a few times, so I figured that he would be a FA after this year. With his ties to Rob it makes sense. If he's not available then there's got to be someone decent in FA that's not way past their prime like Brooking and Zach Thomas. I wouldn't draft a guy high since they invested a high pick in Carter, but if someone falls and looks like a great fit I wouldn't mind them taking one. A good ILB rotation would be really killer with the good D-Line rotation that's already there now.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's that, but his vision and cutting ability are just top notch. If he gets some wiggle room he is going to make the most out of a play. He understands running lanes very well and he changes directions at the drop of a dime. I lost track of how many plays he got extra yardage for knowing when to cut back.

I'm very excited about his future here.
You know, one of the things Bryan Broaddus brought up earlier in the year was that while the OL isn't blowing people off the line, there were times early in the year that things were blocked and the backs (primairly Felix) were just not seeing the hole or not making the correct cuts. I think we're seeing now that this OL can do a decent job of run blocking. If we can continue to have some level of success, it will allow Romo some breathing room.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If D Murray can do this vs good teams, I may buy what this guy is doing. He has been very impressive! I like that! What happens to Jones now? He is the 1-b or # 2 guy behind Murray?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
If D Murray can do this vs good teams, I may buy what this guy is doing. He has been very impressive! I like that! What happens to Jones now? He is the 1-b or # 2 guy behind Murray?
Seattle doesn't do much well, but one thing they are pretty decent with is stopping the run. Murray is legit.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-07-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
... He just torched the #1 ranked run defense in the league. Seattle may be awful on offense but their defense has been excellent.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone pay close attention to Bruce Carter when he was playing defense? I know he didn't get a ton of snaps, but Ryan did get him out there.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
... He just torched the #1 ranked run defense in the league. Seattle may be awful on offense but their defense has been excellent.
Really? I didn't know that about Seattle. When your running game is like ours, every defense is # 1 against the run! hahaha. But that's good stuff. I was very skeptical of him when you drafted him. I will have to watch the games and see him. I still haven't seen him play. But I think you guys found yourself or drafted yourself a good back then. His potential could be much, much better than Barber's and I liked Barber a lot for you guys.

Barber in his prime and Murray would have been a sick 1 -2 punch.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Really? I didn't know that about Seattle. When your running game is like ours, every defense is # 1 against the run! hahaha. But that's good stuff. I was very skeptical of him when you drafted him. I will have to watch the games and see him. I still haven't seen him play. But I think you guys found yourself or drafted yourself a good back then. His potential could be much, much better than Barber's and I liked Barber a lot for you guys.

Barber in his prime and Murray would have been a sick 1 -2 punch.
Maybe, but he's got something Barber never hoped to have 4.3 speed.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-07-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Maybe, but he's got something Barber never hoped to have 4.3 speed.
Very true! I forgot how fast Murray was. That's pretty scary then! I hope they put your game on tv so I can see Murray play. I may have to ask for his autograph if he does become sick! LOL.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Did anyone pay close attention to Bruce Carter when he was playing defense? I know he didn't get a ton of snaps, but Ryan did get him out there.
He's fast. Really fast. Off the top of my head I only remember 2 plays. First one he fired through the line forcing T-Jax to roll out of the pocket. Second one he was maybe a step or two off of an INT and made a nice play to break up the pass.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's fast. Really fast. Off the top of my head I only remember 2 plays. First one he fired through the line forcing T-Jax to roll out of the pocket. Second one he was maybe a step or two off of an INT and made a nice play to break up the pass.
I saw those 2 as well, wasn't sure if he got in on any others. It'll be very interesting to see if he gets more PT over the next few weeks.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it would be best for them both to split carries. Felix can definitely be a major factor. I think he was getting there before the injuries, but I certainly wouldn't want to give up on him. If he goes back to being the change of pace guy he might pull out some big plays again. I'm still a big fan, and I'm hoping he returns to form because the guy is full of playmaking potential.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weird that you just remember those plays...Carter was in there on several plays. And the majority of the time, he was playing tentatively. He had an opportunity to tackle Forsett in the open field, and he didnt pursue him, rather, he just stood in place and was shaken easily, left in the dust. On another running play, he was really slow to react and didnt make the play. And he looked lost in coverage on another.

He's just getting back in the swing of things, it's going to take him a while to get back up to speed. You cant be too hard on the guy at all at this point...you just have to remember that he hasn't played football in a long time, and he's obviously not going to be that confident early on after an injury of this magnitude. Sean Lee looked pretty terrible when he first came back from the torn ACL as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Loved seeing the Eagles get beat last night. Now maybe all the talk about them can die down. They've put themselves in a pretty bad position to make the play-offs. Not that were much better, but we probably have a slightly better chance due to our schedule.
Old 11-08-2011, 09:26 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Yeah, they bailed us out last night.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear, we better win at least 3 of the next 4 games. It's such a cupcake stretch.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I swear, we better win at least 3 of the next 4 games. It's such a cupcake stretch.
11-5 at worst IMHO.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

7-1?

That would be impressive.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff from Bryan Broaddus, who among other things thought Carter played pretty well considering the circumstances:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...eahawks-review
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Weird that you just remember those plays...Carter was in there on several plays. And the majority of the time, he was playing tentatively. He had an opportunity to tackle Forsett in the open field, and he didnt pursue him, rather, he just stood in place and was shaken easily, left in the dust. On another running play, he was really slow to react and didnt make the play. And he looked lost in coverage on another.

He's just getting back in the swing of things, it's going to take him a while to get back up to speed. You cant be too hard on the guy at all at this point...you just have to remember that he hasn't played football in a long time, and he's obviously not going to be that confident early on after an injury of this magnitude. Sean Lee looked pretty terrible when he first came back from the torn ACL as well.
Yeah that was after my my first watch. Paid more attention after your post when I d/l'd it and he definitely looked slower (hesitation). One player I didn't really notice was Church's ability at LB. He is able to take on blockers VERY well for a guy who is 220 lol.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
antwanboldin
Rookie

antwanboldin hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Deleted......
antwanboldin is offline   Reply With Quote