Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-09-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks
11-5 at worst IMHO.
Even beating teams we "should" have. I still had us at 6-2 for our opening stretch of games(currently 4-4)... And I can't see us winning too many in December this year(to go with the idea that we suck in December. Don't worry that it's probably the toughest stretch for us in years)

We should kiss our lucky stars if we can get to 10 wins this season. And I think that could possibly get us a playoff spot this year(even with the North playing as tough as it is.)
Old 11-09-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't know if 10-6 gets us in. I guess the positive thing is that Detroit still plays Green Bay twice and Chicago has them one more time.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

10-6 gets you in depending on the wins obviously...

Buffalo
@Washington
Miami
@Arizona
NYG
@Tampa Bay
Philly
@NYG

Basically it comes down to how the Boys do against the Giants.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6-2 or 7-1 just seems like we're asking for too much.

We all want this team to be great, but in reality...they've been playing about .500 ball for a while now. And under Garrett they are still only 9-7.

On paper the remaining schedule doesnt look too tough, but I wouldnt be surprised to lose any game against a team not named Arizona or Miami.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well right now Buffalo is a very crucial game in alot of ways. We are likely sitting at 8-4 if we beat them. And we should be. Winning 2 games out of the final 4 isn't asking for too much.

As average as we are, 8-4 is realistic. If we are 7-5 trying to win 3 out of 4 is probably asking for too much. We won't get swept to both Philly and NY, were not that bad, so that's almost at 10 wins there.

We got lucky the NFC West was in our schedule, we should be alot worse off. 9-7 might do it for the last wildcard, but probably due to some tie breakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the way this team has played I wont' be surprised at anything unless they lose the last 8 games. It's not like they don't have the ability to be an 11 or 12 win team, but stupid mistakes and let downs keep on costing them. Out of the 4 losses you're talking about 3 that the team should have won but foolishly gave up. Then there is the Philly loss that just makes my head hurt. I hope that they can get things together in the latter half of the season. It's not unheard of for teams to do it since a lot of Super Bowl teams and conference championship contenders have done it very recently. The key to this stretch will be limiting costly mistakes, limiting the weaknesses(easier said than done) and Garrett learning not to mess good momentum up. How well they use Murray's hot streak will be an issue as well. Everyone always talks up the quarterbacks, but a good running game wins when it matters most.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 06:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Well right now Buffalo is a very crucial game in alot of ways. We are likely sitting at 8-4 if we beat them. And we should be. Winning 2 games out of the final 4 isn't asking for too much.

As average as we are, 8-4 is realistic. If we are 7-5 trying to win 3 out of 4 is probably asking for too much. We won't get swept to both Philly and NY, were not that bad, so that's almost at 10 wins there.

We got lucky the NFC West was in our schedule, we should be alot worse off. 9-7 might do it for the last wildcard, but probably due to some tie breakers.

Hey LL,

What's up man?

I think winning the division is still in the picture. If we can beat Eagles again at our house, then it comes down to your team and ours. Given our schedule, I'd opt with you guys. However, if we can hit a big time steak or run, then who knows. I think winning in SF and beating the Eagles is attainable. Hopefully guys who came back during the BYE week can now get in the flow. Bradshaw will come back, and we should be decent barring any more IR additions.

But I like your prospects in the division over ours. My wish is for us to make the playoffs, and schedule toughness helping is out big time. So that when we do play a playoff team who might have had an easier schedule will be surprised to find us, a battle tested team, due to our harsh schedule.

I am curious to see Murray play too. I hope they show a game of you guys in the future so I can see him.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent news!

Sean Lee practiced with minimal/no pain. He's using a padded cast that his teammates are referring to as "Q-tip" although Spencer points out that it is hard after being smacked with it.

He was seen in practice also catching balls and told reporters he WILL be playing this weekend.

Thank GOD! The less Brooking/Brady sightings the better our defense will be :)
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read a report/rumor that we're a likely landing spot for Peyton Hillis in FA, or the most likely landing spot. Ewww. I'm gonna chalk that up to discussion just to spark interest by adding our name. We have absolutely no use for him nor would he want to come here. Even if he lowered his demands for contract worth he'd be expensive as hell for a 3rd RB.

He's really a FB anyway, just a Mike Alstott type. With needs on the line, back-up ILB and CB depth, I highly doubt this is where we would spend the money. This would actually make me angry if it happened.

Murray and Felix will suck up almost all the carries this year and next, we can grab a guy in rounds 5-7 that's a bigger back, bruiser, to compete with Tanner. There will be a TON of RB's there like always to choose from on a cheap salary.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Hey LL,

What's up man?

I think winning the division is still in the picture. If we can beat Eagles again at our house, then it comes down to your team and ours. Given our schedule, I'd opt with you guys. However, if we can hit a big time steak or run, then who knows. I think winning in SF and beating the Eagles is attainable. Hopefully guys who came back during the BYE week can now get in the flow. Bradshaw will come back, and we should be decent barring any more IR additions.

But I like your prospects in the division over ours. My wish is for us to make the playoffs, and schedule toughness helping is out big time. So that when we do play a playoff team who might have had an easier schedule will be surprised to find us, a battle tested team, due to our harsh schedule.

I am curious to see Murray play too. I hope they show a game of you guys in the future so I can see him.

Luckily we have 2 games left, and we have a "chance" to win 4 in a row while I'd say the G Men lose at least 1 game out of their 4. I am pretty sure we won't win the division anyway but a wildcard is within reach pretty easily if were at 8-4 but who knows.

Also, some people have made great points about holding your horses on annointing a RB. Julius Jones ran for like 178 yards in his debut and was tearing defenses up to start his tenure here. Tashard Choice came in as a rookie and was the feature back all December and he played like a MAN vs pretty much every top defense that month; Baltimore, Pittsburgh, Giants, and another team slipping my mind.

Even Felix. Arrow was pointing straight up with him for a long time and expectations were getting out of control. I was always a big Murray fan, but I want to see him finish this season and start next year strong before being 100% confident.

I guess I should personally feel better because I liked him more then all 3 guys prior as a prospect and College player. And I hate OU players for the most part except a few guys that stick out.

It was a long time ago, but Demarco Murray has a top 5 HS highlight tape of anyone you will ever see, hands down. He had some knee injuries that zapped some of that explosion but he's still smooth as ever and you don't lose your vision. Clinton Portis lite. He was banged up alot at OU so we need to make sure the same won't happen at this level.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On BtB they had a post last week wondering if Garrett would hire Norv next year if he got fired. It was just some simple speculation, but it would make a ton of sense for both parties. Garrett really could use a vet to guide him during games, and if Norv got fired he can always go back to being an OC. Plus I'm sure that both Garrett and Jerrah love him, so he'd be in a good spot. It's also not something that sounds so far fetched.

Old 11-12-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We promoted AOA from PS...gonna return some punts. It would have been Harris, but he's banged up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-12-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I don't get why they never moved AOA back to corner and try him there. If he was looking like a bust at safety then move him to corner where he played most anyway. He was a project that was supposed to need some time, so they should give him some at his more natural spot.

Old 11-12-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We promoted AOA from PS...gonna return some punts. It would have been Harris, but he's banged up.
I'm curious to see how AOA will do. Earlier this year I always thought Harris was on the verge of a big return.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I agree, after a while I really did think we'd move him back to corner. He's not the ball hawk they envisioned back there, not too aggressive at all, actually.

edit...Harris def. seems like the better of the two on returns. But here's hoping AOA makes some kind of good impression.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-12-2011 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I don't get why they never moved AOA back to corner and try him there. If he was looking like a bust at safety then move him to corner where he played most anyway. He was a project that was supposed to need some time, so they should give him some at his more natural spot.
I thought he played more Safety in college? I am forgetting though, just knew I loved his versatility and upside.

Quote:
Old 11-12-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

From what I understand he played corner most of the time in college, but spent some time at safety as well. His size was what made a lot of scouts look at him at safety.

Old 11-13-2011, 04:09 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a couple of thoughts

-I was not a fan of the Murray pick. Not that I didn't like him. I just thought he was a taken a little early. That may be why I feel like everyone needs to calm down about him. He has shown something, no doubt. But lets see him go a while longer.

-Garrett's play calling baffles me. I was at the Seahawks game, and the feeling I got while watching was that we were a far superior team. And when it was time to force our will on the Seahags in the red zone, we tried a bunch of crap that is usually utilized by teams that are playing a superior teams. First and goal, and we never tried to pound it in? I know the interior of our line is weak, but come on!!! I am losing faith in him.

-I still believe this team is a playoff team. But the interior line leaves something to be desired. There is too much penetration by opposing defensive lines.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:39 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Just a couple of thoughts

-I was not a fan of the Murray pick. Not that I didn't like him. I just thought he was a taken a little early. That may be why I feel like everyone needs to calm down about him. He has shown something, no doubt. But lets see him go a while longer.

Umm... he was about as value as you can get with a value pick. A lot of people had him as a first round value with an injury history (Sean Lee, Bruce Carter, now Murray) he wasn't going to slide down much further. I'm honestly shocked he Phins traded up for Thomas rather than Murray. Reading the 'during the draft' comments on SBNation pretty much sums it up.

-Garrett's play calling baffles me. I was at the Seahawks game, and the feeling I got while watching was that we were a far superior team. And when it was time to force our will on the Seahags in the red zone, we tried a bunch of crap that is usually utilized by teams that are playing a superior teams. First and goal, and we never tried to pound it in? I know the interior of our line is weak, but come on!!! I am losing faith in him.

Seattle's interior dline is gigantic and suited for power run. I agree wholeheartedly try some toss sweeps, power O, or pretty much anything aimed at getting Murray to the corner. Like we did the other 90 yards on the field :D

-I still believe this team is a playoff team. But the interior line leaves something to be desired. There is too much penetration by opposing defensive lines.
They played much better last game they are just wildly inconsistent. Free is playing like a shell of himself but still holding his own and Smith is stonewalling better than a rook should. I think we can easily be a playoff team if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot anymore. Interior OL has to be a high pick or three and some FA love though...
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Anyone else think that TNew is quietly having himself a pretty solid season?
Old 11-13-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope the Cowboys can win today! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Anyone else think that TNew is quietly having himself a pretty solid season?
Oh yeah, he's playing well this season for sure. He played a fantastic game last week, too.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-13-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Really nervous about this game. 8-4 starts this week.

Quote:
Old 11-13-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Jesse Holley! Niiiice.

edit. DEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-13-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Lol Holley. He's so excited to be out there. He's not half bad either, I'm happy for him.

Quote: