Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-15-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
How about Shake 'N Bake lol
Nice! :D

I was thinking of Beauty and the Beast ... since Demarco runs so beautifully and Felix is so damn ugly. lol

My suggestions are the worst. haha.

Let's get a winner!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:20 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just off the dome....

Dasher and Blitzen, Law and Order, Sugar and Spice, Locked and Loaded, Fast and furious.

Warning: We all better knock on wood, because we saw how marion, tashard, and felix turned out when we nicknamed them too...
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Just off the dome....

Dasher and Blitzen, Law and Order, Sugar and Spice, Locked and Loaded, Fast and furious.

Warning: We all better knock on wood, because we saw how marion, tashard, and felix turned out when we nicknamed them too...
Hahaha... Those are awesome/funny/perfect/corny and I love it!

Gotta say I like Fast and Furious the most. That's got my vote! :D
Old 11-15-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two Boys, One Spot
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 02:02 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definately gonna say that Felix should be on all PR and KR duties from now on. We don't have to rely on him as much in the offensive game and he's our best return man so we should use him where we can.

As for the Romo stuff from a page ago. I really hate the superbowl or bust attitude. It breeds entitlement. It's the goal. Definately not to be expected.(in reference to him winning within 2-3 years)
Old 11-16-2011, 03:22 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely liking The Fast And The Furious

I'm gonna shotgun that for a sig.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:19 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
I'm definately gonna say that Felix should be on all PR and KR duties from now on. We don't have to rely on him as much in the offensive game and he's our best return man so we should use him where we can.

As for the Romo stuff from a page ago. I really hate the superbowl or bust attitude. It breeds entitlement. It's the goal. Definately not to be expected.(in reference to him winning within 2-3 years)
He'll never return punts...but he should be on kick return for sure, when he's healthy. I'm not sure if he'll do it this year. That shoulder is going to be a problem of sorts all season long, and that's not even the latest injury that forced him to miss time. But more importantly, it's the shoulder that may keep him from returning kicks this year. We'll see.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, wow thanks for the love guys. We finally agree on something D-Unit... :)

Anyway, let's move to the redskins game. There defense is pretty stout, I don't see it getting out of hand early. I could easily see something like 7-3 at half.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 08:33 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix can finally get back to doing what he's best at. Returning kicks, screen plays, catching the ball out of backfield and getting like 4-6 carries a game. I will say that I do feel bad for Tanner because now he will barely see the field, but I'm fine w/that if Felix fits into his new role nicely. Tanner has been a nice surprise and really coming along nicely.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I agree that Felix should take over KR full time, but MOTH is right. PR..never.

As for Romo... consistent winning has prolonged his support thus far in his career, but he needs to at least take us to the big dance in 2-3 years. That's more than just a goal. Ask Jason Witten if he doesn't expect to win a SB. Ask Ware. Ask Garrett. Ask Tony himself. I'm sure they along with many others on the team have expectations to win the SB. It's not about entitlement. It's about execution. ...and in order to keep the critics at bay ...and let's not kid ourselves about that... he already has A LOT of critics and doubters that will run him out of town if his history of meltdowns doesn't end.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's just gotta feel greasy.

I know... cause I have Eli. LMAO.
I haven't played FF in years now. How is Eli doing for you FF wise?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I haven't played FF in years now. How is Eli doing for you FF wise?
Eli doesn't have a lot of fantasy star power. So he happened to last long in my fantasy draft. So with the year he's had, I've been more than happy with his production vs draft spot.
Old 11-16-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli's been a good fantasy QB the last three years. I would have hated having him last year with all those INTs. But he was a really good option in 09 and he's putting up top 10 fantasy QB numbers this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-16-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also depends on the scoring too right? For example more points for a 85 yard TD vs 1 yard TD pass right? Or is the scoring the same regardless of yardage? I forgot how the scoring used to be.

I am guessing Murray will make his way up next season's draft for FF if he can prove to be successful the rest of the year in real life.

Also, we were a good running team, so the Rbs were more valuable then Eli. I remember I used to grab Jacobs and Bradshaw. I knew in the red zone we were going to run, run, run!
Old 11-16-2011, 04:37 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Felix is not a one-cut back. He will never be a very good KO guy. Maybe punt guy.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Also depends on the scoring too right? For example more points for a 85 yard TD vs 1 yard TD pass right? Or is the scoring the same regardless of yardage? I forgot how the scoring used to be.

I am guessing Murray will make his way up next season's draft for FF if he can prove to be successful the rest of the year in real life.

Also, we were a good running team, so the Rbs were more valuable then Eli. I remember I used to grab Jacobs and Bradshaw. I knew in the red zone we were going to run, run, run!
You need to join our War League next year. It's a 20 man league on this forum and I think it's really fun in it's uniqueness.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Felix is not a one-cut back. He will never be a very good KO guy. Maybe punt guy.
Not a one-cut back, but I don't think that's a prerequisite. He has other strengths that include good vision, can break an arm tackle and has good elusiveness/escapability in open space... He probably won't break many to the house, but he's got plenty enough burst to get to the 50 and cut the field in half.

He was a spectacle in that role as a rookie. No reason to think that he never be good at it again.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
You need to join our War League next year. It's a 20 man league on this forum and I think it's really fun in it's uniqueness.
Yes, the thing is it's so hard. When I coached we are in season, so barely have time other than real football. Now doing my post back to switch careers to get into the health care field, specifically medicine as my first choice. So again, busy with school now.

And when I played FF I go all out in this stuff, so I am not sure I can allocate the time. So that's why I haven't played.

However, your league def. sounds very fun. Like I said when I play I go all out, and usually manage 4 teams, lol.
Old 11-16-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Punt return isnt in Felix's repertoire. He's not comfortable fielding punts, we tried this out when he was a rookie. He's just not a punt return guy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-17-2011, 06:21 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
I agree that Felix should take over KR full time, but MOTH is right. PR..never.
Forgive my ignorance. But with the exception of pressure on you while catching the football. I can't imagine too much of a difference for PR and KR's. Put this down to my Australian...ness. I get the offensive and defensive sides. I don't understand the differences in skillset for a PR and a KR though.

Quote:
As for Romo... consistent winning has prolonged his support thus far in his career, but he needs to at least take us to the big dance in 2-3 years. That's more than just a goal. Ask Jason Witten if he doesn't expect to win a SB. Ask Ware. Ask Garrett. Ask Tony himself. I'm sure they along with many others on the team have expectations to win the SB. It's not about entitlement. It's about execution. ...and in order to keep the critics at bay ...and let's not kid ourselves about that... he already has A LOT of critics and doubters that will run him out of town if his history of meltdowns doesn't end.
I get that there will be people trying to chase him out of town but I don't think Jerry is silly enough to throw away a winning QB. I think he learnt his lesson in the 90's when he started running through Head Coaches just because they couldn't win him a superbowl.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent article on Rob Ryan's "fire blitzes".

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2011...-blitzing.html

Watching the plays he diagramed makes me feel sorry for Fitzpatrick. The massive improvement of our defense though has me VERY concerned about losing him this offense. -_- Assistant HC and highest paid coordinator in football? JERRY CAN YOU HEAR ME! :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 10:05 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Excellent article on Rob Ryan's "fire blitzes".

http://sturminator.blogspot.com/2011...-blitzing.html

Watching the plays he diagramed makes me feel sorry for Fitzpatrick. The massive improvement of our defense though has me VERY concerned about losing him this offense. -_- Assistant HC and highest paid coordinator in football? JERRY CAN YOU HEAR ME! :D
Saw that yesterday here: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11...80&feedID=3742

Yeah, great read.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I get that there will be people trying to chase him out of town but I don't think Jerry is silly enough to throw away a winning QB. I think he learnt his lesson in the 90's when he started running through Head Coaches just because they couldn't win him a superbowl.
What do you say about running through QBs between Aikman and Romo? Do you think he might have learned about something from that too? That's the entire crux behind me wanting to make sure we have a QB that can step in the day we decide Romo is done. I never want to go through that again. You don't just put it off because of hope that Romo will do what you project. You NEVER know when your QB will go down or and you can't project success (way too many variables).

Who's to say the QB we draft down the line when you think Romo is near the end will be ready?

Who's to say the QB we drafted now won't be a bust?

You can't avoid preparation at that position because you think you can address it later. We thought we could address it later after Aikman and we suffered the Dark Ages of Cowboys history until Romo came along. Was it 10 or 12 different QBs between them? What was it? 13 years w/out a single playoff win? QB is THE MOST IMPORTANT POSITION in the NFL and you can't just live in the moment thinking that just because the status quo is fine (for us it's more like up and down) that you don't need to prepare for the future.

I'll repeat, that it would have to be the right scenario for us to take a QB in Round 1, but you don't ignore it all together because "you think" Tony is going to be around for a long time and gonna be as successful as you hope. Ta hell wit dat.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Few things on my mind this morning..

- I've given Bradie James grief in his career and have always had an eye to upgrade his spot. To his credit, he's been a valiant warrior continuing to do his best. With the way he's handled the downgrade in playing time this season to allow Sean Lee to blossom, it's been nothing short of admirable and respected. A consummate professional, mature leader and he's leaving a wonderful mark on his Cowboys legacy.

- Tashard Choice... I'm sure that he's had this game circled on his calendar, and could give us a run for our money... but I'm more worried about his knowledge of the offense and him relaying that information to the Redskins defenders. We saw Kolb do it to the Eagles and the Cards beat 'em. As common as this might happen in the NFL, I don't know if Garrett will change his signals just because of the concern about Choice. He may not think enough of it to worry, and that he can disregard it. So that worries me.... especially since Garrett's offense is so predictable anyways. lol.

- The Redskins offense has been a mess, but I think going with the veteran, Grossman and a new RB in Choice, they might be a different team than what they have shown recently... Plus, their defense is legit. They will probably stack 8 in the box to stop the root of our recent success - the Murray attack. Which will entice Garrett/Romo to force them to respect the pass. However, the Redskins pass defense is ranked 8th in the league. A very respectable ranking. If they can force Romo into having a tough day at the office, knowing he is prone to making mistakes, they have a shot at pulling this off, especially playing at home. It's not just Choice who has had this date circled on his calendar, the entire Redskins have had their eye on this since losing to us in the first go around, when they know and we know, that they played a better game than us back then and still lost. The revenge factor is real.

- Rob Ryan magic. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pressure attack on the QB coming from the DBs. From the Bob Sturm article... "In 2011, the Cowboys have blitzed defensive backs 81 times in 335 pass plays. 24%! In other words, Ryan has blitzed more DBs in nine games than the Cowboys had in the previous two seasons combined." It's been a big part of the reason for the Cowboys success on defense this year. The confusion it creates is causing teams to make more mistakes against us and it has shown up in our takeaways. "... the Cowboys already have 19, which rank them two short of the league lead. In 2008 and 2009, the Cowboys had 22 and 21 takeaways, respectively, for the entire season." Rob is a genius and I really hope the team can keep him from landing a HC job this offseason and I hope they reward him by upgrading his personnel. Get him a corner that will excel in his scheme (someone who can play physical off the line and disrupt routes/timing, a sure tackler who can also get to the QB when called to blitz)... Get him a dynamic player on the DL (one who is a force against the pass AND the run, not just one or the other)... Get him a veteran ILB that understands his schemes... Get him a playmaking Safety, not just a safety net type. These are the types of things that can make us the #1 defense in the NFL and a legit SB contender.
Old 11-17-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Few things on my mind this morning..

- I've given Bradie James grief in his career and have always had an eye to upgrade his spot. To his credit, he's been a valiant warrior continuing to do his best. With the way he's handled the downgrade in playing time this season to allow Sean Lee to blossom, it's been nothing short of admirable and respected. A consummate professional, mature leader and he's leaving a wonderful mark on his Cowboys legacy.

- Tashard Choice... I'm sure that he's had this game circled on his calendar, and could give us a run for our money... but I'm more worried about his knowledge of the offense and him relaying that information to the Redskins defenders. We saw Kolb do it to the Eagles and the Cards beat 'em. As common as this might happen in the NFL, I don't know if Garrett will change his signals just because of the concern about Choice. He may not think enough of it to worry, and that he can disregard it. So that worries me.... especially since Garrett's offense is so predictable anyways. lol.

- The Redskins offense has been a mess, but I think going with the veteran, Grossman and a new RB in Choice, they might be a different team than what they have shown recently... Plus, their defense is legit. They will probably stack 8 in the box to stop the root of our recent success - the Murray attack. Which will entice Garrett/Romo to force them to respect the pass. However, the Redskins pass defense is ranked 8th in the league. A very respectable ranking. If they can force Romo into having a tough day at the office, knowing he is prone to making mistakes, they have a shot at pulling this off, especially playing at home. It's not just Choice who has had this date circled on his calendar, the entire Redskins have had their eye on this since losing to us in the first go around, when they know and we know, that they played a better game than us back then and still lost. The revenge factor is real.

- Rob Ryan magic. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pressure attack on the QB coming from the DBs. From the Bob Sturm article... "In 2011, the Cowboys have blitzed defensive backs 81 times in 335 pass plays. 24%! In other words, Ryan has blitzed more DBs in nine games than the Cowboys had in the previous two seasons combined." It's been a big part of the reason for the Cowboys success on defense this year. The confusion it creates is causing teams to make more mistakes against us and it has shown up in our takeaways. "... the Cowboys already have 19, which rank them two short of the league lead. In 2008 and 2009, the Cowboys had 22 and 21 takeaways, respectively, for the entire season." Rob is a genius and I really hope the team can keep him from landing a HC job this offseason and I hope they reward him by upgrading his personnel. Get him a corner that will excel in his scheme (someone who can play physical off the line and disrupt routes/timing, a sure tackler who can also get to the QB when called to blitz)... Get him a dynamic player on the DL (one who is a force against the pass AND the run, not just one or the other)... Get him a veteran ILB that understands his schemes... Get him a playmaking Safety, not just a safety net type. These are the types of things that can make us the #1 defense in the NFL and a legit SB contender.
I fully agree with you on the point made about James. He has given up PT and has not uttered a word of discontent to anyone. Or at least, not to the media. I've always liked his leadership skills and his character. He will go down as one of the most solid players we've had in his time here.

I'm not too terribly concerned with Choice calling out signals to the defense. Kolb was easily able to do it because he wasn't playing. Choice is going to be spending more time on the sidelines with his positional coaches than he will be watching the game. At least that's what I think. But he probably will give them some advance notice though. We should change up some of our calls though.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote