Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-06-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pAc
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4pAc
This could actually be a weird sort of blessing in disguise for cowboys
Everything is supposed to be a blessing for the Cowboys. Never is though.
Well I think TO and Tuna can actually co-exist after this play, and if Romo rebounds, the team doesnt have too many holes. SB next year wouldnt be out of the question IF romo rebounds
I mean I would be OK with that, and listening to Parcells press conference he did seem encouraged so I think he will be back.

Honestly though I wish TO and Parcells go.

Just think if we would have made Payton our head coach a year earlier and Romo our quarterback a year earlier. We'd be better off than what we are now. IMO.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:
Romo sounds unsure that he's the QB next year. I really feel sorry for him. If he's not our QB next year, it's a huge mistake.
Why would he not be the QB? I think this loss may actually help him in the long run (ego reasons).
I'm just saying after the game, he was asked whether he thinks he will be the QB next year, and he said "I don't want to answer that right now." He just sounds unsure. BP needs to talk to him and assure him that he's the guy.
Well I mean it's post game frustration and later in the conference he did say we will do better in the future. He said WE so that's a good sign. everybody thinks just because he didn't hold a snap means he isn't a good quarterback now. That makes me want to break someone's leg. It has no translation people. If you take that away, Romo had no picks, no turnovers. For a first year quarterback in his first playoff game he did fine. He did fumble which could have been costly but I do think he will improve that.
I 100% agree.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ahhhh, let me get to my comments but I want to say I told you so. My points, all of them, are right. But let me recap what this team needs ... and does not ...

1) Tony Romo needs to spend this off season working very hard on perfecting his pocket passing. He also needs to work on getting much much stronger..... hands, shoulders, back, core, legs. He needs the Phil Simms transformation

2) Roy Williams. I do not understand how much clearer it can be to all that Roy Williams SUCKS as a safety. Period. Enuff. He needs to be moved somewhere on the field or needs to lose 25-30 punds to improve his quickness and reaction. Let me repeat, AS IS HE SUCKS. Period. I told u so.

3) Bradie James. Repeat Roy Williams. As is he sucks. Can't cover man or zone. He is a major liability in any pass situation. He needs to be moved somewhere on the field or needs to lose 25-30 punds to improve his quickness and reaction. Let me repeat, AS IS HE SUCKS. Period. I told u so.

4) TO, more drops. Wants to be the FIRST option but if you drop passes the team does not get into flow. No flow, no passes to you. No passes to you. Get it? Cut him. Let me repeat, CUT TO. Not worth it.

5) Get some Guards that can actually block.

6) Get a pass rusher opposite Ware.

7) Get a tailback or WR if available in the 1 but otherwise......

Repeat my Mock modified somewhat. I credit Thule for the J Moss.

1) Levi Jones or Blalock
TRADE Jones and Williams for an extra 2 (Williams to Rams) and 3 (Jones to Houston, unless they get AP).
2A) If Jones .. goe Grubbs. If Blalock go Staley
2b) Meriweather or Weddle.
3A) Jarvis Moss OLB from Florida
3B) Moss RB from U or Booker from FSU
4) Ryan Moore or similar WR with speed
5A) Justin Medlock (K)
5B) Steve Breaston
6) CB with speed from small school
7) Some OG with raw talent

Point is we need OL help, Some new blood at the DB and WR/RB with speed.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

A few positive..

DL played better.
Carpenter looked active.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
Quote:
Romo sounds unsure that he's the QB next year. I really feel sorry for him. If he's not our QB next year, it's a huge mistake.
Why would he not be the QB? I think this loss may actually help him in the long run (ego reasons).
I'm just saying after the game, he was asked whether he thinks he will be the QB next year, and he said "I don't want to answer that right now." He just sounds unsure. BP needs to talk to him and assure him that he's the guy.
Well I mean it's post game frustration and later in the conference he did say we will do better in the future. He said WE so that's a good sign. everybody thinks just because he didn't hold a snap means he isn't a good quarterback now. That makes me want to break someone's leg. It has no translation people. If you take that away, Romo had no picks, no turnovers. For a first year quarterback in his first playoff game he did fine. He did fumble which could have been costly but I do think he will improve that.
I 100% agree.
Hopefully Tony's FAILURES in the last 5 games serve as notice that POONTANG and PROBOWL AFTER 5 STARTS means fumbles, bad hands, muffs and general sloppiness.

He did not protect the ball the last 5 weeks of the season. Today he played like dog pooh IMHO.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else notice Ware played almost all on the strong side...and Carp played majority on the weakside...this really surprised me early on. This may be a hint

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Anyone else notice Ware played almost all on the strong side...and Carp played majority on the weakside...this really surprised me early on. This may be a hint
Why are you surprised? I have been saying since the start of the season that Ware is an SOLB.

You should take my posts more seriously.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
I hope Tressel wins and Crennel is fired.

I hope Whisenhunt gets the job in Miami.

Get Capers or Crennel.
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboysforever, go away. No one values your opinion here.

Anyway, I think the #1 thing we need to take care of is FS and I think the way to solve that now without developmental time is Ken Hamlin. If we sign him, we've got a coverage guy back there. There are a few good guards in FA so I would expect us to adress that in FA. In the draft, I think we look for a WR, some situational pass-rushers, a good pass rushing NT that can take over in a year or two, a backup QB in a later round, and a corner.

BoneKrusher
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

My god cowboysforever when do you learn. The Cowboys will not trade James or Roy. They just won't. And one thing you have yet to think about.

IT'S THE SCHEME....Bradie James is not a cover linebacker, he can play the run as good as anybody but he cannot cover so why give him that responsibility?

The problem is the 3-4. Unless we get Cowher to come here and make it work we are screwed.

But no cowboysforever you are not right and I'll bet you a $ 100 the Cowboys do not trade Roy and Bradie away.
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for romo, now he's gonna get thrashed for that one play :(
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Why are you surprised? I have been saying since the start of the season that Ware is an SOLB.

Get real man....we have been talking about Ware at SOLB since last years draft...you haven't brought anything new in here...sorry to tell you.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-06-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Towards what? if you don't mind me asking.
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:

Anyway, I think the #1 thing we need to take care of is FS and I think the way to solve that now without developmental time is Ken Hamlin. If we sign him, we've got a coverage guy back there. There are a few good guards in FA so I would expect us to adress that in FA. In the draft, I think we look for a WR, some situational pass-rushers, a good pass rushing NT that can take over in a year or two, a backup QB in a later round, and a corner.
I am right. WTF you talking about. Everything I have said is right about the talent on the field. What I am saying about changes are also needed.

I hate the loss but I am 100% correct. Too bad you don't like it.
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
My god cowboysforever when do you learn. The Cowboys will not trade James or Roy. They just won't. And one thing you have yet to think about.

IT'S THE SCHEME....Bradie James is not a cover linebacker, he can play the run as good as anybody but he cannot cover so why give him that responsibility?

The problem is the 3-4. Unless we get Cowher to come here and make it work we are screwed.

But no cowboysforever you are not right and I'll bet you a $ 100 the Cowboys do not trade Roy and Bradie away.
HAHA i'm sure you too will exchange money over paypal man...doesn't makes points this stupid...you lose all credibility.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-06-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Get real man....we have been talking about Ware at SOLB since last years draft...you haven't brought anything new in here...sorry to tell you.
Baloney. You guys talk about it in circles. I am telling you this should be done ASAP.

Ware is Carl Banks.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

HAHA i'm sure you too will exchange money over paypal man...doesn't makes points this stupid...you lose all credibility.
Scheme?

Scheme allowed Jeremy to run around un covered versus Roya nd Bradie.

Get a clue.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:39 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Well this is really dependent on what the future for Carp is....but it shows that we would actually consider Ware on the strong side. If we fall in love with a guy in the draft...say similar to Lawson last year we might hesitate to take him. Personally I think we have enough talent in our LB corps and I don't worry about where Ware plays...but I found it interesting for him to start at strong side....If for some reason Carp stays inside...WOLB will be a need unless we honestly think Burnett can play 100% of the defensive plays with James...which I question.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-06-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Bradie and Roy gotta go.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

I seriously didn't understand that post. Are you saying us TWO or what? Anyways it doesn't matter. Bradie and Roy won't be traded.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Well this is really dependent on what the future for Carp is....but it shows that we would actually consider Ware on the strong side. If we fall in love with a guy in the draft...say similar to Lawson last year we might hesitate to take him. Personally I think we have enough talent in our LB corps and I don't worry about where Ware plays...but I found it interesting for him to start at strong side....If for some reason Carp stays inside...WOLB will be a need unless we honestly think Burnett can play 100% of the defensive plays with James...which I question.
I will say, Burnett as WOLB is an improvement in speed.

Would love to see him suceed or need to move him.

Forgot, either start Burnett or trade him too. Bradie has no trade value outside a 6 or 7 anyway.

So let me update, Julius, Bradie, Roy and Burnett should either be traded or repositioned.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:42 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Baloney. You guys talk about it in circles. I am telling you this should be done ASAP.

Ware is Carl Banks.
Actually it was heavily debated to move him to Strong side because of his lack of pass rushing move...and his dominance against the run and covering the TE off the line.

Then Manny Lawson came around and we strongly considered selecting him...so actually you take your balogna and shove it...because I have been here...and I have broke down every angle.

Who are you to come in here and tell me what I have and haven't talked about over the last 2 years?

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-06-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I just wish we trashed the 3-4. That's just me. Unless Cowher comes here. I mean I love Parcells too, I just think it might be time to move on. Still thinking though. I like Bill, I just don't know.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:

I am right. WTF you talking about. Everything I have said is right about the talent on the field. What I am saying about changes are also needed.

I hate the loss but I am 100% correct. Too bad you don't like it.
No, you are wrong. WRONG. You are so wrong. All the time. Henry at safety? That's idiotic! Bradie and Roy are the leaders of this D! TRADE THEM? That's got to be a joke. You have no idea what your talking about.

BoneKrusher
Old 01-06-2007, 11:44 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Also Julius finally had a burst tonight and cowboysforever you talk of getting rid of him. So you want to rely on Marion Barber completely for next season? I am sorry to say I don't feel as confident as you do with Barber as the starter and full time starter at that.