Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-29-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...stin-back-week

I had assumed Miles was out this week. I'd almost rather him sit unless he's 110% ready and practicing full speed all week.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
This week in practice McBriar said he's fully pain free and this will be the first pain-free game since the injury. I'd say directionally kick no matter what. I don't care if McBriar can boom 60s I'd rather see a 45-50 out of bounds.
Yep. High and to the sideline.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still dont even know what we have here this deep into the season. It seems like if we were to run into one of those pass heavy Saints/Packers teams, we would just get destroyed. Our team doesnt make it look too easy, we've had so many close calls this year, of which have gone both ways.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been one of the most interesting seasons in a while. Like MOTH I feel we could go in either direction at any given time. I partially blame it mostly on the inconsistency on defense.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
This has been one of the most interesting seasons in a while. Like MOTH I feel we could go in either direction at any given time. I partially blame it mostly on the inconsistency on defense.
Not sure I feel comfortable blaming the defense when it is the offense that is where we have heavier investments.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Not sure I feel comfortable blaming the defense when it is the offense that is where we have heavier investments.
Agreed. We came into the season believing we needed 24+ pts to win and the defense is holding teams under that every game. So the question is... can we put up 24+ pts consistently?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:56 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Well we are averaging 24.5 pts per game on the season and giving up 20.5. We can consistently put up 24+ IMO. I just hope the D can make some strides for the stretch run. Not to say that the O doesn't need to as well, both need to make some improvements.

Last edited by leroyisgod : 11-29-2011 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I still dont even know what we have here this deep into the season. It seems like if we were to run into one of those pass heavy Saints/Packers teams, we would just get destroyed. Our team doesnt make it look too easy, we've had so many close calls this year, of which have gone both ways.
I have heard this quite a bit lately in lots of news outlets and frankly I think it BS.

Games we should / could have lost are Wash, Miami and San Fran.

Games we should / could have won are Det, Jets and Patriots.

So, to me our record reflects this reality and not "luck."
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
I have heard this quite a bit lately in lots of news outlets and frankly I think it BS.

I completely agree. So swap those games out and we are still 7-4.

As for this week, I think we handle the cardinals. I usually don't like being so sure in a win, but the cardinals are down right awful. Atleast teams like the redskins and dolphins have good players. Besides Fitz and peterson returning kicks, they are terrible. Who else do they have? Darnell Docket? Beanie Wells is a lumbering style RB, and they usually never have success against us.

With 10 days rest, this should be a blow out. I know anything can happen on any given sunday, but the cardinals are straight up bad. Not to mention, they have somehow won 3 out of 4, so its not like they are due for a win.

If we are the team we think we are, this should be a 21+ point win.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Anyone of like mind to move Miles Austin to Minnesota or the Rams for some talent???????

We need some WR depth but if Robinson gives us what he has .... we got enough WR to thrive on that level.

Thoughts??? Austin is an All-Pro and a route runner who could really help those young QBs get their game going.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I completely agree. So swap those games out and we are still 7-4.

As for this week, I think we handle the cardinals. I usually don't like being so sure in a win, but the cardinals are down right awful. Atleast teams like the redskins and dolphins have good players. Besides Fitz and peterson returning kicks, they are terrible. Who else do they have? Darnell Docket? Beanie Wells is a lumbering style RB, and they usually never have success against us.

With 10 days rest, this should be a blow out. I know anything can happen on any given sunday, but the cardinals are straight up bad. Not to mention, they have somehow won 3 out of 4, so its not like they are due for a win.

If we are the team we think we are, this should be a 21+ point win.
They have beaten us 6 out of the last 7 times in Arizona, Im expecting a close game

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone of like mind to move Miles Austin to Minnesota or the Rams for some talent???????

We need some WR depth but if Robinson gives us what he has .... we got enough WR to thrive on that level.

Thoughts??? Austin is an All-Pro and a route runner who could really help those young QBs get their game going.
I'd Rather not. It will just create another hole we'd have to fill and there has been a bunch of turnover at the WR position for us the past 10 years, so it's good to finally have some stability there. Unless we're looking at early round picks, I'd say no.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
They have beaten us 6 out of the last 7 times in Arizona, Im expecting a close game
They don't have Kurt Warner and Anquan Boldin anymore. I like our chances against Skelton and a team who's #1 need is a LT. fenikz doesn't have a Matt Kalil sig for nothing, lol.

It could be close because our team isn't as good as we think they are, but still, we should come away with a win after 10 days to prep.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

I would trade anyone depending on the return. Austin's contract is hideous, so I don't know that there will be an attractive offer. WR is one of those luxury positions. 1 great one is enough. I don't know what they have to offer other than draft picks and I doubt they'd be willing to do that. But yeah... tell me what we can get. I'd be open to anything.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:22 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I never said anything about luck...I was more saying, we dont really know how good or bad our team really is. The league wide team talent is very mediocre this year, and we've had close games against some good teams and bad. It just feels like such a weak league, aside from Green Bay and maybe New Orleans. Dallas pretty much plays to their opponent's talent on most weeks. I dont know if we could really hang with a Green Bay.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-30-2011, 09:50 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I meant lumbering running backs never have success against us, so I doubt beanie wells will do much.

As for losing 6 of the last 7 out there, I hate when people bring up historically stats. Every year the teams are completely different. What does us losing to arizona in 1984 and 1998 have anything to do with this sunday? (I made up those dates just to prove my point) The only time historically stats can provide any insight is if the players are mostly the same, and the stats are based on the last few years. I hate when networks like ESPN and other sports programs bring stuff like that up. "Oh there 1-6 in Arizona since 1975..." so what? Not to mention, if anything that means we are due for a win there anyway.

I'm always so cautious with our team, but I'm expecting a good win here. Again, the redskins are dolphins have good players. The cardinals are terrible. As long as PP doesn't bring back 2 punts and we just simply double team Fitz, I like our chances.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 11-30-2011 at 09:54 AM.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I'm always open to hearing about trade options, but I do not see us getting a big return on Miles. Plus I'm not willing to bank on Robinson after less than a years worth of playing time. The more weapons the better at WR if you ask me.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:24 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
I meant lumbering running backs never have success against us, so I doubt beanie wells will do much.

As for losing 6 of the last 7 out there, I hate when people bring up historically stats. Every year the teams are completely different. What does us losing to arizona in 1984 and 1998 have anything to do with this sunday? (I made up those dates just to prove my point) The only time historically stats can provide any insight is if the players are mostly the same, and the stats are based on the last few years. I hate when networks like ESPN and other sports programs bring stuff like that up. "Oh there 1-6 in Arizona since 1975..." so what? Not to mention, if anything that means we are due for a win there anyway.

I'm always so cautious with our team, but I'm expecting a good win here. Again, the redskins are dolphins have good players. The cardinals are terrible. As long as PP doesn't bring back 2 punts and we just simply double team Fitz, I like our chances.
Good thing Jenkins is back, because he can be physical with Fitzy.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DMN reporting Dez is handling punt return duties this weekend, kind of excited about that. He's too explosive to only be getting 3 or 4 touches a game, and AOA sucks.

This also points towards a Miles return this weekend...
Old 11-30-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
DMN reporting Dez is handling punt return duties this weekend, kind of excited about that. He's too explosive to only be getting 3 or 4 touches a game, and AOA sucks.

AOA was cut too. Wasnt he?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

Yeah... if the Cards want to put Peterson out there, we can counter them wtih Dez. Should be a friendly battle between the two this weekend, especially if they put PP on Dez in coverage! :)

I can't wait for this!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:06 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Yeah... if the Cards want to put Peterson out there, we can counter them wtih Dez. Should be a friendly battle between the two this weekend, especially if they put PP on Dez in coverage! :)

I can't wait for this!
Dez will eat up PP
Old 11-30-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

I do like having someone like Dez returning punts, but I just always fear he will get hurt.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Trading Miles would be stupid...Dez cant stay on the field, either. And Laurent has a horrible history with injuries. They may never get to play at the same time, due to injuries, but we've needed them all this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-30-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Trading Miles would be stupid...Dez cant stay on the field, either. And Laurent has a horrible history with injuries. They may never get to play at the same time, due to injuries, but we've needed them all this year.
Not to mention that he's clearly the best receiver on the team, and that he's a very good player that can do some big things when healthy. I also think that his contract was made to be where most of the money came during the uncapped year last year, so he won't cost much money down the line. He's also pretty young, so trading him would just be idiotic.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote