Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-07-2007, 12:45 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Quote:
Anyone else notice Ware played almost all on the strong side...and Carp played majority on the weakside...this really surprised me early on. This may be a hint
Towards what? if you don't mind me asking.
Well this is really dependent on what the future for Carp is....but it shows that we would actually consider Ware on the strong side. If we fall in love with a guy in the draft...say similar to Lawson last year we might hesitate to take him. Personally I think we have enough talent in our LB corps and I don't worry about where Ware plays...but I found it interesting for him to start at strong side....If for some reason Carp stays inside...WOLB will be a need unless we honestly think Burnett can play 100% of the defensive plays with James...which I question.
I will say, Burnett as WOLB is an improvement in speed.

Would love to see him suceed or need to move him.

Forgot, either start Burnett or trade him too. Bradie has no trade value outside a 6 or 7 anyway.

So let me update, Julius, Bradie, Roy and Burnett should either be traded or repositioned.
Bradie...and Roy just got new deals...you don't hand out free money. So you play them to their strengths...this is the coaching staffs fault.

You don't play Roy in a deep cover 2...you don't play him man to man without bringing a heavy blitz.

You don't lock bradie one on one with a TE streaking down the field without over the top help...

This is all defensive cordinator issues. It has been the downfall of our season...and someone else will recognize it.

Julius is soft...I would wager anything that he is among the lowest YAC of all starting RB's in the league.

Burnett is playing in the wrong scheme however...he has value in the nickle and special teams...if you can't atleast get the value you invested in him you keep him. He is on the field more then we realize.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Anyone else notice Ware played almost all on the strong side...and Carp played majority on the weakside...this really surprised me early on. This may be a hint
Why are you surprised? I have been saying since the start of the season that Ware is an SOLB.

You should take my posts more seriously.
Get real man....we have been talking about Ware at SOLB since last years draft...you haven't brought anything new in here...sorry to tell you.
Baloney. You guys talk about it in circles. I am telling you this should be done ASAP.

Ware is Carl Banks.
Actually it was heavily debated to move him to Strong side because of his lack of pass rushing move...and his dominance against the run and covering the TE off the line.

Then Manny Lawson came around and we strongly considered selecting him...so actually you take your balogna and shove it...because I have been here...and I have broke down every angle.

Who are you to come in here and tell me what I have and haven't talked about over the last 2 years?
As I said, you guyz talked about it in circles. If we get Lawson move him to SOLB.... if we get ...... STOP THE IF BS ...

Ware is an SOLB. Period. Move him ASAP.

Put in Burnett or find a replacement. Move Carpenter to ILB and bench / traded Bradie.

NOT TELLING YOU WHAT WILL HAPPEN .. telling you what should happen.

Again, I told you so. My opinions are right. What is so hard to accept.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How many times do we have to say it cowboysforver, we like Watkins as our FS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????? Henry is a CB, that is all.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:47 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:

LOL that makes no sense. You say your not telling us what will happen but you you say you told us so? In what way?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Towards what? if you don't mind me asking.
Well this is really dependent on what the future for Carp is....but it shows that we would actually consider Ware on the strong side. If we fall in love with a guy in the draft...say similar to Lawson last year we might hesitate to take him. Personally I think we have enough talent in our LB corps and I don't worry about where Ware plays...but I found it interesting for him to start at strong side....If for some reason Carp stays inside...WOLB will be a need unless we honestly think Burnett can play 100% of the defensive plays with James...which I question.
I will say, Burnett as WOLB is an improvement in speed.

Would love to see him suceed or need to move him.

Forgot, either start Burnett or trade him too. Bradie has no trade value outside a 6 or 7 anyway.

So let me update, Julius, Bradie, Roy and Burnett should either be traded or repositioned.
Bradie...and Roy just got new deals...you don't hand out free money. So you play them to their strengths...this is the coaching staffs fault.

You don't play Roy in a deep cover 2...you don't play him man to man without bringing a heavy blitz.

You don't lock bradie one on one with a TE streaking down the field without over the top help...

This is all defensive cordinator issues. It has been the downfall of our season...and someone else will recognize it.

Julius is soft...I would wager anything that he is among the lowest YAC of all starting RB's in the league.

Burnett is playing in the wrong scheme however...he has value in the nickle and special teams...if you can't atleast get the value you invested in him you keep him. He is on the field more then we realize.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! So how do you explain Stevens 2nd TD???

You want to put two guys on the field that are USELESS in pass coverage. Any pass coverage. Zone, Man, Double... pick it. THEY SUCK AT IT.

Only reason Roy got an INT was he was two steps late to the play.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:49 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

LOL that makes no sense. You say your not telling us what will happen but you you say you told us so? In what way?
Been BARKING Roy and Bradie are so bad in pass coverage they need to go.

Period. End of story.

All I hear back is "we gave them contracts so......" Never will get better with that mentality.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:50 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Why are you surprised? I have been saying since the start of the season that Ware is an SOLB.

Get real man....we have been talking about Ware at SOLB since last years draft...you haven't brought anything new in here...sorry to tell you.
Baloney. You guys talk about it in circles. I am telling you this should be done ASAP.

Ware is Carl Banks.
Actually it was heavily debated to move him to Strong side because of his lack of pass rushing move...and his dominance against the run and covering the TE off the line.

Then Manny Lawson came around and we strongly considered selecting him...so actually you take your balogna and shove it...because I have been here...and I have broke down every angle.

Who are you to come in here and tell me what I have and haven't talked about over the last 2 years?
As I said, you guyz talked about it in circles. If we get Lawson move him to SOLB.... if we get ...... STOP THE IF BS ...

Put in Burnett or find a replacement. Move Carpenter to ILB and bench / traded Bradie.

You claim that we haven't talked about moving Ware to SOLB...(which we have) so don't think your greatness just thought of this yourself and tought us all that...I already knew that...so don't talk down to me.

I don't care what your opinions are...you know what..where do they matter to the cowboys. The only place I can think of is Madden. So realistically the majority of us are here trying to predict what happens. I don't say I like Quinn lets draft him...because it makes no sense. Maybe we would be more successful with someone else I like...but bottom line is...i'm here to guess whats gonna happen...not lash out at people telling them what I think should happen...thats the difference between us.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

They're all a bunch of gutless cowards, that was one of the biggest choke jobs probably in franchise history. We have no heart, intelligence integrity or intensity. We had absolutely no business losing that game but once again we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Un freaking believable!!! :( :( :(

I really hope we cut TO and I wouldn't be opposed to firing Parcells either, the players just don't seem to respond to him anymore. He also doesn't seem to make the neccessary in game adjustments or maybe our players are just too stupid. :evil: :evil: :evil:
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
How many times do we have to say it cowboysforver, we like Watkins as our FS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????? Henry is a CB, that is all.
Repeat for those with select memories .... if you believe Watkins can make it .... then keep as is.

If you think Watkins can't or is still suspect, move over Henry.

Period. End of story. I am not a position coach. Can't tell if Watkins has developed to the point you say "good enuff." Looks better than before.
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Period. End of story.

All I hear back is "we gave them contracts so......" Never will get better with that mentality.
Well we can take a cap hit over the next three years from players that aren't even playing for us...I like wasting cap money on players playing for other teams

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 12:52 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Period. End of story.

Oh I'll admit Roy and Bradie are terrible in coverage but you are dead wrong that they will be traded. It's unrealistic. And as I said before it's the scheme. Bradie should not have to cover, or at least Zimmer should try to keep him out of coverage as much as possible.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
They're all a bunch of gutless cowards, that was one of the biggest choke jobs probably in franchise history. We have no heart, intelligence integrity or intensity. We had absolutely no business losing that game but once again we managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Un freaking believable!!! :( :( :(

I really hope we cut TO and I wouldn't be opposed to firing Parcells either, the players just don't seem to respond to him anymore. He also doesn't seem to make the neccessary in game adjustments or maybe our players are just too stupid. :evil: :evil: :evil:
I'll admit I am not a big TO fan....but did anyone else notice that he was the only one out there trying to catch that hail mary...wtf were crayton and glenn doing....he atleast shows me he wants to win the game...whether he is here next year or not...I loved the way he played the game.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ware is Carl Banks.

You claim that we haven't talked about moving Ware to SOLB...(which we have) so don't think your greatness just thought of this yourself and tought us all that...I already knew that...so don't talk down to me.

I don't care what your opinions are...you know what..where do they matter to the cowboys. The only place I can think of is Madden. So realistically the majority of us are here trying to predict what happens. I don't say I like Quinn lets draft him...because it makes no sense. Maybe we would be more successful with someone else I like...but bottom line is...i'm here to guess whats gonna happen...not lash out at people telling them what I think should happen...thats the difference between us.
Thule, your only response to good problem solving ideas on the player personnel front is Madden.

Worst yet, and your fatal mistake, is you are looking all around (scheme, coach, bla blah blah) for explanations for why Roy Williams and Bradie James are major liabilities in a 3-4, Zone based D.

You want to change the entire D strategy to suit two below average players. Bizarre.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Repeat for those with select memories .... if you believe Watkins can make it .... then keep as is.

Period. End of story. I am not a position coach. Can't tell if Watkins has developed to the point you say "good enuff." Looks better than before.
3 picks as a rookie in limited action in and out of 10 games I'd consider something to keep in mind. With one year under his belt I really like him for next year.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

I'll admit I am not a big TO fan....but did anyone else notice that he was the only one out there trying to catch that hail mary...wtf were crayton and glenn doing....he atleast shows me he wants to win the game...whether he is here next year or not...I loved the way he played the game.
Sure he tries hard. He's dedicated. He trains hard, but the bottom line is he has had more key drops than key receptions. He is ultimately a cancer to the team, and is not worth the money for his mouth and his drops.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:

TO is not the core issue on this team.

So this is BP's fault too?

BP haters are lost. God, I pray he comes back and gets either Capers or Crennel. Work hard during the offseason and have a good draft wher Jerry goes away during the day.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ware is Carl Banks.

Thule, your only response to good problem solving ideas on the player personnel front is Madden.

Worst yet, and your fatal mistake, is you are looking all around (scheme, coach, bla blah blah) for explanations for why Roy Williams and Bradie James are major liabilities in a 3-4, Zone based D.

You want to change the entire D strategy to suit two below average players. Bizarre.
I want to add a bit to the D strategy to help is get the most for our money...I'm not saying either deserved the money the got in extentions...but since they did get extentsions you have to try to get the most out of your money...if that means shading the FS over the top of bradie when asked into pass coverage..and leaving newman one on one on the outside so be it....be got to work out hiding players weaknesses and exposing their strengths.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

Sure he tries hard. He's dedicated. He trains hard, but the bottom line is he has had more key drops than key receptions. He is ultimately a cancer to the team, and is not worth the money for his mouth and his drops.

apologize for double post.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

3 picks as a rookie in limited action in and out of 10 games I'd consider something to keep in mind. With one year under his belt I really like him for next year.
Let us assume Watkins is the answer at FS. Keep Henry then at CB.

What do you do with Roy, Bradie and Burnett?

Burnett has value. You will lose him to FA if you do not do something. The kid deserves to start somewhere.

Roy has value on another team.

Bradie is a back-up. Carpenter needs to replace him or need to find an ILB that can run better than 4.9.

We cut Kai Parham cuz he was slow so WTF....
Old 01-07-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I agree, he didn't earn all of his money this year..but he sure did gives us hope...and a sense of direction.

I find him very similar to Keyshawn last year.

Keyshawn was imo Dallas's offenses MVP....he went out there and gave it his all every game.

I love this type of players...I will be sad if he leaves but I won't be overly disappointed...this is a business...if there is a better option and its cap feasible I can see it.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-07-2007, 01:02 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

You keep Roy where he is. You leave the secondary as is. Tell Roy to drop a few pounds and just let him play. Just improve the pass rush and also add a new D coordinator, you'd be surprised at how much things could change.
cowboysforever
Veteran

Funny thing about Julius Jones is I thought I saw him TWICE actually cut back against the grain for some yards.

He got nearly 60 yards on both those carries.

Julius is worth a 3 or 4 to a team like Miami (no Ricky I assume) or to a team like Greenbay / Houston / et al/

Anyway.
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heartbreaking loss guys but dont hang it all on Romo he is a good QB and will lead your team IMO for many years.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

We need a WR who is 6'6 or something.

With respect to the jump ball.... the point is to have a few guys around it with one guy jumping for it.

Just did not happen.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

This is not Major League Baseball. Trades in the NFL are very rare. and we can't trade JJ because he is a free agent anyways I believe.....and if he isn't then he will stay put.

Oh and Thule the interesting thing about you mentioning Keyshawn, there is actually a void in his contract and he can opt out of his deal and leave to free agency. There are rumors he may return to Dallas and TO goes. Not sure I like that or not but I did hear that.