Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-06-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, you're insane.

Even if Garrett is afraid of Romo, which I think is wrong, he could have called a running play. Again, the error wasn't the TO; the error was in not calling the TO after Dez's catch and trying to get a little closer.

After hearing more of Garrett's presser last night, I'm very very concerned about Garrrett. It has reinforced my belief that he has to get an OC in here so he can manage the game on this team.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know how hard is it take guys. ...because Romo is better than a lot of other QBs. But I honestly don't think he's a guy that will win a SB.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. Don't know about that D. What's with you and the QB obsession lately?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:10 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe in any of that "this QB can and this QB can't win a superbowl" garbage. Football is the ultimate team sport and it is all a matter of circumstance.

If you put the patriots in the superbowl and swapped out Romo for brady, I'd have the same confidence that they would win the game depending on who they were playing.

I'll say it again, football is the ultimate team sport. To much blame is given to the QB. Romo played great against the cardinals, it wasnt his fault that the interior OL never got off the bus...

QB is not an issue. Romo has moxy. Your wrong D-Unit.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I'll be right until it happens, but it's not really about being right or wrong. It's believing what's in front of my eyes and I just can't see it. How many excuses will you give him? From my standpoint, his excuses from you guys will be endless. You will blame the HC, OC, the OL, the DC, the defense, the GM... you'll blame everyone but him. I don't get it.

In a perfect world, I fire Jason Garrett, promote Rob Ryan as HC and hire Norv Turner as OC. Then I trade Tony Romo for 2 first rounders and other picks to get Matt Barkley and upgrade the defense and OL. I go heavy in FA to fix C and ILB. I would almost guarantee a SB in 3 years. Something I can't believe in with Tweetle Dee (Garrett) and Tweetle Dumb (Romo).
Old 12-06-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you man, it's tough to have confidence down the stretch when your QB has failed time and time again when the lights get bright. As a fan you have to roll with it because he's our QB but in the back of my mind I just know he will fail us when it matters most.

It also doesn't help when your HC/OC constantly sets him up to fail. It's just not a SB recipe.

I hold out hope every December that this will be the year we take that next step and rise to the occasion but it's beginning to get old... losing like we did Sunday isn't very reassuring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post

If you put the patriots in the superbowl and swapped out Romo for brady, I'd have the same confidence that they would win the game depending on who they were playing.
lol, COME ON MAN! You can't expect to be taken seriously with a statement like that.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 12-06-2011 at 01:10 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have guys like Doug Williams, Jim Plunkett, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, and Trent Dilfer that have won a SB. I'd argue that Romo is better than any of those guys. It would be stupid to trade him IMO

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norm Hitzges goes in on Garrett.

http://theticket.com/Portals/2/UserF...-5-podcast.mp3
Old 12-06-2011, 01:30 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'm with you man, it's tough to have confidence down the stretch when your QB has failed time and time again when the lights get bright. As a fan you have to roll with it because he's our QB but in the back of my mind I just know he will fail us when it matters most.

It also doesn't help when your HC/OC constantly sets him up to fail. It's just not a SB recipe.

I hold out hope every December that this will be the year we take that next step and rise to the occasion but it's beginning to get old... losing like we did Sunday isn't very reassuring.

lol, COME ON MAN! You can't expect to be taken seriously with a statement like that.
I think I worded by statement wrong. Nonetheless, Romo can win a superbowl, period.

Don't fall for the garbage on ESPN please. Do not trade romo.

I am done on that topic. It's pointless because it isn't happening anyway.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
You have guys like Doug Williams, Jim Plunkett, Jeff Hostetler, Brad Johnson, and Trent Dilfer that have won a SB. I'd argue that Romo is better than any of those guys. It would be stupid to trade him IMO
That's a pretty meaningless point. It really is. If that's your point, then it doesn't matter if Romo is our QB or not. Right? Thus trading Romo while he still has high value makes it all the more attractive to me.

Or do you only like to see one side of the story that helps your belief? ;)
Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think I worded by statement wrong. Nonetheless, Romo can win a superbowl, period.

Don't fall for the garbage on ESPN please. Do not trade romo.

I am done on that topic. It's pointless because it isn't happening anyway.
Saying "can" is a whole lot different from saying he "will".

Garbage on ESPN??? ESPN LOVES TONY ROMO. Shoot, ever hear Colin Cowherd? The guy uses Tony's jock strap as his pillow at night. Don't give me the story that ESPN is the reason why I feel this way.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:40 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Just listened. Everything he says is right.

To be honest, what Garrett did almost makes me question if the NFL is fixed or not. That was the worst game management I have ever seen in a sport, ever.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Just listened. Everything he says is right.

To be honest, what Garrett did almost makes me question if the NFL is fixed or not. That was the worst game management I have ever seen in a sport, ever.
Don't even need to listen to know that Garrett is and always has been an imbacile. I didn't want him as OC to begin with, but now I don't even want him as a HC to finish out the year. Time to let Rob Ryan take over. Garrett is a joke... and the worst part about it is that he won't own up to his mistake. He deflects blame and puts it on the players. THE **** IS THAT???
Old 12-06-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we should fire Jason Garrett and trade Tony Romo.

At least the sky isn't falling.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
So we should fire Jason Garrett and trade Tony Romo.

At least the sky isn't falling.
We'll see how you feel when we lose the division. I still think we'll make the playoffs as a wildcard... if not... heck yeah, the sky has fallen.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit might be a littlle out there with the idea of trading Romo, but I'll ask everyone, if your coach doesn't trust your "franchise" QB to go and win them a game then what good is he to your team???

In a situation like Sunday, a coach would allow his "franchise" guy to go win them the game rather than settling for a 49 yard FG. Either the coach needs to change to a guy who can trust Romo or the QB needs to change.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
D-Unit might be a littlle out there with the idea of trading Romo, but I'll ask everyone, if your coach doesn't trust your "franchise" QB to go and win them a game then what good is he to your team???

In a situation like Sunday, a coach would allow his "franchise" guy to go win them the game rather than settling for a 49 yard FG. Either the coach needs to change to a guy who can trust Romo or the QB needs to change.
I think you're wrong to assume he doesn't trust Tony. I think the issue is much more that he doesn't trust his OL.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think you're wrong to assume he doesn't trust Tony. I think the issue is much more that he doesn't trust his OL.
Nah. It's both. Romo and the OL ...and it's another thing too. He doesn't trust himself.

We can't have a HC lacking in confidence. This is totally pathetic. Get Rob Ryan in as HC and throw Garrett to the curb. Rob has the confidence to our offense back on track.
Old 12-06-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
We'll see how you feel when we lose the division. I still think we'll make the playoffs as a wildcard... if not... heck yeah, the sky has fallen.
I'm not gonna get too into this because i know what you're doing and i bet you don't even really believe what you're saying sometimes, but i'll say this much.

Romo sure as hell wasn't the problem Sunday. There was a hundred things that went wrong in that game that caused us to lose. Bad pass rush, terrible play by Newman, **** offensive line, Dan Bailey coming back down to earth, Garrett botching the clock situation down the stretch, stupid penalty by Newman in OT.. none of which involved Romo.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
So yeah. Anyway, now that that's out of the way..

Phil Costa needs to die. That little short armed, t-rex ass ************ needs to be replaced asap.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not gonna get too into this because i know what you're doing and i bet you don't even really believe what you're saying sometimes, but i'll say this much.

Romo sure as hell wasn't the problem Sunday. There was a hundred things that went wrong in that game that caused us to lose. Bad pass rush, terrible play by Newman, **** offensive line, Dan Bailey coming back down to earth, Garrett botching the clock situation down the stretch, stupid penalty by Newman in OT.. none of which involved Romo.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
So yeah. Anyway, now that that's out of the way..

Phil Costa needs to die. That little short armed, t-rex ass ************ needs to be replaced asap.
This is not just a decision being based off one game and I'm not just trying to rile people up. This is honestly how I feel and I think it's a completely more reasonable discussion that talking about trading Miles... and I think Romo has got you all fooled, and I don't want you guys to be fooled. I'm done making excuses for him. I'm done with Garrett. HATE HIM MORE THAN ANYTHING. But I'll stop.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Nah. It's both. Romo and the OL ...and it's another thing too. He doesn't trust himself.

We can't have a HC lacking in confidence. This is totally pathetic. Get Rob Ryan in as HC and throw Garrett to the curb. Rob has the confidence to our offense back on track.
Dude swapping Rob for Garrett as HC will never happen. It's not even funny to read this stuff D-Unit, it's not going to happen. This isn't madden.

Let's talk about Miles and Fiammetta returning, and focus on the Giants.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:13 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

If Miles pulls up lame again versus the Giants i'm personally going to Arlington to curb stomp his ass.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's a pretty meaningless point. It really is. If that's your point, then it doesn't matter if Romo is our QB or not. Right? Thus trading Romo while he still has high value makes it all the more attractive to me.

Or do you only like to see one side of the story that helps your belief? ;)
The point is, get him the guys around him and he can/will win a SB. Tony would have won a SB with the 90's Cowboys dont you think? Besides this whole trade thing is just talk anyways, we all know hes not going anywhere.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If Miles pulls up lame again versus the Giants i'm personally going to Arlington to curb stomp his ass.
I just laughed. Haha. Touche. I'll help.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

I have said for some time that it is hard for me to think Tony Romo can string together 3 (less yet 4) good-enuff games versus Playoff Caliber teams to win a SB.

I also think along with D-Unit that Garrett is doing everything in his power to make sure Romo does not lose us games. From play calling on the Offense to how the D is told to play.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote