Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-09-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brewster stock has been dropping, so grabbing him with our 2nd is completely possible. Rather have Konz though. But that said I'd much rather grab a Vet center who knows what the hell their doing. Centers are supposed to be 2nd brain on the offense and we have a young enough Oline as it is. Someone like Hardwick or Saturday could help the maturation process along.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sensy getting an extension first? Interesting. I figured that'd be Elam...def. looks like we'll look to bring both back and I have no problem with that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:46 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
<3 Andre Holmes! One of my favorite small school guys was really happy we got him. Not sure how much he can possibly provide at this point though O_o Special teams fodder I guess :D
Yea I was a fan of Holmes as well, didn't even know he was on our PS. I hope he shows enough to take Oggletree's job.
Old 12-09-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Brewster stock has been dropping, so grabbing him with our 2nd is completely possible. Rather have Konz though. But that said I'd much rather grab a Vet center who knows what the hell their doing. Centers are supposed to be 2nd brain on the offense and we have a young enough Oline as it is. Someone like Hardwick or Saturday could help the maturation process along.
mid to late 2nd round is probably the high end of where Brewster will be taken...he's not a big guy, especially for a lineman, but he is extremely intelligent and has pretty good feet...I don't think he's a good fit for teams looking to pound the rock but in an offense like Green Bay's or Dallas', on some gamedays, he'll be a much better fit if they throw the ball more times than not

I don't see Konz leaving early...he's been banged up the last part of the season and that's not going to help his stock if he does in fact declare

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Not bad...His play has been decent...still want a young Safety opposite him, but we have more pressing issues on OL and CB....
That's how I feel. I an ok with Sensy and Elam for now while we upgrade CB's, depth at ILB, and O-line. I want two more CB's that are worth a damn next year. I wish Grimes would be available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Another site is reporting the Cowboys and Sensibaugh are close to a 5 year $22m extension.
Too much for a JAG.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Too much for a JAG.
4.4 mil/season for a starting safety ranking top 10 for the season (PFF). For those keeping track at home that's ahead of all the super insanely pricy FAs this last summer (including the "steal" of Otogwe). Also can't look at the terms yet to figure how much of it is actually guaranteed.

Sensy is having a great season it's Elam who has been the question mark (aside from his excellent leadership). Having a solid partnership of Elam/Sensy lets us splash in places we actually need to spend money on (OLB opposite Ware, future CB, and interior offensive line).
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:57 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No matter how much it would've been, it would've been "too much" for some posters. I think it's a pretty good deal. Am I content with Sense? Sure...he's played well...That doesn't mean they can't continue to try to hit on Safety in the draft to upgrade both spots. It's just one less thing to worry about going forward. Much more pressing needs.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:11 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well this should be a great game! I am counting it as a win already. In fact, I think our 3 man rush will do wonders! Imagine, 3 players, not getting any pressure on the QB. Giving Romo so much time it may actually confuse him! Imagine that! Maybe he won't see Witten wide open due to a blown coverage like we do every week. Does he miss wide open people with 10-45 seconds of time? I can't tell. The past QBs haven't missed wide open people.

Don't worry though! We won't adjust, it's all part of our plan. It's called the rush 3 and drop 8 scheme. You haven't played us yet so you guys will see it! You will be in awe of how long we can give an opposing QB time in the pocket AND blow a coverage probably on the same play! It's amazing actually!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:39 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see what you're doing there!

hahaha, should be a great game. No idea what to expect. I see a scenario where Dallas comes out guns a blazing....and routing the Giants. Everyone crowning them, and Philly eating their lunch again in a couple weeks.

Every other scenario is the Boys losing a close game, and then finishing the season strong. I just hope they can take care of business at home....T.New better come to play..
Old 12-10-2011, 10:46 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I see what you're doing there!

hahaha, should be a great game. No idea what to expect. I see a scenario where Dallas comes out guns a blazing....and routing the Giants. Everyone crowning them, and Philly eating their lunch again in a couple weeks.

Every other scenario is the Boys losing a close game, and then finishing the season strong. I just hope they can take care of business at home....T.New better come to play..

Who will he cover? Nicks? The one interesting thing is you guys get to see a more developed JPP and Cruz. You guys haven't seen Cruz yet since he was on IR last year, his rookie year. Now he is a second year guy, or basically his rookie year now, so you guys have yet to see him, expect for on tape.

So I am interested on who covers him. How many CBs do you have?

I think it will be a shootout with us losing. The GB game was good, in terms of the offense. I like it a lot! Perry Fewell is terrible and his side of the ball will cost us the game!
Old 12-10-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Cruz plays in the slot a lot right? Probably Scandrick on Cruz, and T.New on Manningham(Is he playing?)

Jenkins on Nicks on the otherside.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Is Orlando S good? I'd take that match up on Cruz. So far no team has been able to really contain Victor Cruz. He is more of a home run threat than Steve Smith ever was. This undrafted free agent signing could be a lightning in the bottle type signing.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scandrick is still mistake prone...but he's having a really good season overall. He can still get a little grabby, miss some key tackles, and he's a penalty machine on ST, but you couldnt really have asked him to do much better this year. He's stepped his game up. He and Jenkins have typically been very good this season. He did a great job on Welker, as well. Jenkins has been the best and most consistent in coverage...when he's playing :(...but Scandrick has been good as well.

Just throw near Newman, Walker, Ball and the middle of the field, and you'll be just fine. We still have some soft ass zones in the middle.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-10-2011 at 12:49 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If Scott's mock really played out like that...I would be all over grabbing another 1st rounder. Adding Ingram and one of Decastro or Cordy would be sick.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-10-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Scandrick is still mistake prone...but he's having a really good season overall. He can still get a little grabby, miss some key tackles, and he's a penalty machine on ST, but you couldnt really have asked him to do much better this year. He's stepped his game up. He and Jenkins have typically been very good this season. He did a great job on Welker, as well. Jenkins has been the best and most consistent in coverage...when he's playing :(...but Scandrick has been good as well.

Just throw near Newman, Walker, Ball and the middle of the field, and you'll be just fine. We still have some soft ass zones in the middle.
Yeah, Scandrick has been very good this year besides his really idiotic penalties at the worst times. Newman I slowly lose faith in. He can still play well, but last week was such a disaster. Even with that the big problem is still that Alan ******* Ball plays often, and Frank Walker gets lucky he doesn't get called for a lot of holds. Even if they don't cut/restructure Newman and get a new starter for him, they can't keep going out there like that with Alan Ball and Frank Walker playing significant time. It's like giving opposing QBs a cheat code.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Final injury report out. Brent and Kitna out as expected with Bennett and McCray game time decisions. Huge list for the G-Men though:

Out S Kenny Phillips (knee), C David Baas (neck, headaches), LB Mark Herzlich (ankle), LB Spencer Paysinger (hamstring), DE Osi Umenyiora (ankle, knee).
Old 12-11-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So tonight we find out what our team is made of. If we can protect Tony, we should be able to make a game out of it.

We shall see, that's for sure.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
So tonight we find out what our team is made of. If we can protect Tony, we should be able to make a game out of it.

We shall see, that's for sure.
I pray the Giants continue the 3 man rush idea. If they bring the heat up the middle it's going to be a LOOONNNNGGG game.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I pray the Giants continue the 3 man rush idea. If they bring the heat up the middle it's going to be a LOOONNNNGGG game.
I think we will still use our rush 3, drop 8 theory! Why waste our DEs rushing them all, when it's cuter to rush 3? And, as a bonus we can drop Justin Tuck into coverage since he is the best cover Cb...er, DE in the league, with his amazing 2.5 40 speed. Simply an amazing idea from Perry Fewell!
Old 12-11-2011, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
I think we will still use our rush 3, drop 8 theory! Why waste our DEs rushing them all, when it's cuter to rush 3? And, as a bonus we can drop Justin Tuck into coverage since he is the best cover Cb...er, DE in the league, with his amazing 2.5 40 speed. Simply an amazing idea from Perry Fewell!
xD I can only hope. Can you possibly have Fewell take a line from the Eagles and align your DEs REALLY wide too? Our interior line is so bad I worry that they might lose the 3v1 battle a couple times so we could use the additional space :D
Old 12-11-2011, 06:43 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is basically the game of the season, I don't see us going into week 17 with anything on the line and beating the Giants in NJ. We shall see. I'm not looking for any moral victories in this one, we need to treat this like a playoff game.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really pumped for this game. Hope we come to play, we can put a strangle hold on winning the division by winning tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid first drive,haha
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

T-New played that perfectly, broke perfectly, and dropped 6 points. Damnit. Great news is that we are getting solid pressure already :D