Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newman needs to die in a fire. He's useless, right along with Alan Ball and Frank Walker. Three of the corners that see a lot of PT are god awful. We are never winning with these guys on our team.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let my weekly post-lost avoidance of ESPN and sport radio commence.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Stop right there, Jerry Jones makes the personnel decisions. Blame him for keeping his pet projects who suck.

Sensy, played like garbage. Big deal. Scandrick, big deal. Newman, big deal. Bradie, big deal. Second extension for a tiny NT. Spears.

Hey now. Jerry Jones is to blame for the personnel.
I disagree. Jerry clearly stated that there wouldn't be moves made without Garrett's approval. Jerry may run the trades and such, but Garrett was all over the draft, all over the cuts and then when it came down to addressing the defense, he let Rob choose a few leftovers sitting there on the FA wire.

Sure, Jerry's signature is the final one, but he has left a lot of the personnel decisions to Garrett.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:50 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I disagree. Jerry clearly stated that there wouldn't be moves made without Garrett's approval. Jerry may run the trades and such, but Garrett was all over the draft, all over the cuts and then when it came down to addressing the defense, he let Rob choose a few leftovers sitting there on the FA wire.

Sure, Jerry's signature is the final one, but he has left a lot of the personnel decisions to Garrett.
Rob is exactly like the team. Inconsistent. He can hold the Patsies to nothing all game. He knows how to gameplan with no talent (our defense as a whole is better than the Browns last season). He just has a tendency to toss out REALLY bad gameplans. Cover-2 zone with no pressure on Vick who is very weak against pressure. Blitz-wacky all-out blitzes against Eli Manning who is MUCH better against the blitz than a 4 man front.

It's like he rolls a dice to figure out which Rob Ryan he will be on a given day. If he switches those two gameplans we aren't talking about ANOTHER epic defense collapse. Our talent on defense is garbage though no argument there.

T-New could of easily changed this game on a play that's easily forgotten. He was in great position, jumped the route, and ... dropped the ball on what would of been an EASY pick-6. If he does that early Eli will get rattled and it's a different ball game.

Rob gambled this week and we lost big. He has shown he is incapable of making adjustments if his gameplan isn't working.

[SARCASM]
Definitely Romo's fault. Almost 70% completion percentage, 321 yards, 4 TDs, and 141.3 passer rating.
[/SARCASM]

Also in a post-game interview Miles "lost it in the lights". We just don't have any killer instinct whatsoever. If our offense can't drive the dagger and keep the game out of the defense's hands we lose. :/ Hopefully we can put up 40 on January 1st.

Last edited by Trogdor : 12-12-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 07:06 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:

Pure speculation on either side but I think you have changed your tune over time on this issue.

Said it now and said it again, Jones falls in love with guys he picks. He looks the other way as they fail time and again. Guys he does not pick get replaced quick -- which is why so few players get run out of town.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That game was ridiculous.

Both of our defenses are just awful. I will say this though: Rob drew up some good stuff. I had a hard time reading his defense pre-snap, and he did a great job disguising coverages. You guys just need to upgrade your talent along the dline and secondary.

Fewell....he's just awful. Basic Tampa 2 or Cover 3 on 80% of the plays, and we didn't disguise our blitzes at all.

But regardless of why our defenses are awful, both defenses just aren't very good.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which is why the last NFC East team standing will be one-and-done in the playoffs any way, so the division truly is irrelevant this year.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is why I wasn't the least bit excited/impressed with our dominance in November, I was almost sure this December swoon would rear its ugly head yet again.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this in BeerBaron's weekly thread and it's pretty much how I feel about this team right now.

Dallas just needs to clean house and rebuild from the ground up. Their current group of core players has been together since 2006 and they have shown time and time again that they can't rise to the occasion on the big stage. There are some serious mental issues in that locker room and it's getting to the point where it's spilling out to the field where everyone watching the game can't help but see it. Players play scared because no one wants to be the guy who makes the big mistake and gets ripped by the media all week, there's no accountability and that includes the head coach. Garrett was in a state of denial all last week saying he would of handled the end of the Arizona game the exact same way if he had to do it over, actually trying to persuade people that he did the right thing.

They lose games in improbable fashion and have become a laughing stock. I'd rather have a team of street FAs who have zero talent and get blown out every week but at least showed some pride in the process.

/endrant
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That game was ridiculous.

Both of our defenses are just awful. I will say this though: Rob drew up some good stuff. I had a hard time reading his defense pre-snap, and he did a great job disguising coverages. You guys just need to upgrade your talent along the dline and secondary.

Fewell....he's just awful. Basic Tampa 2 or Cover 3 on 80% of the plays, and we didn't disguise our blitzes at all.

But regardless of why our defenses are awful, both defenses just aren't very good.

If I had to pick god awful, I'd go with always blitzing and not knowing when to stop, then not blitzing and giving opposing Qbs 5 hours!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
If I had to pick god awful, I'd go with always blitzing and not knowing when to stop, then not blitzing and giving opposing Qbs 5 hours!
Rob Ryan calls a brilliant gameplan when he's allowed to substitute and disguise his coverages vs a huddle offense.

But once you get him in a no huddle offense where the defense has to play more basic and the calls have to come in quicker and you don't have the luxury of disguising coverages as easily, his defense folds like a lawn chair.

That concern is 2fold:

1. Lack of talent. Talent takes over in the 2 minute drill bc the playcalls are typicall more basic.

2. Lack of understanding of the scheme. Bc the defense is still learning the scheme, they can't pick up the little things and just do it on their own in a 2 minute drill environment where you have to think faster and react faster.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No matter what happens in these next few weeks, there needs to be some major changes on the defensive side of the ball. I don't care if they have to field half a defense of rookies, the culture there needs to change big time. Ware is elite so he certainly stays, Sean Lee is a beast so he's good too, Jenkins has stepped up all season long with injuries and played his ass off. Outside of that some people need to go because they've been a part of a defense that is anti-clutch too long.

Newman had an awesome career, but now he's too much of a liability. Cut him and get someone else there. Scandrick is stupid, but he's pretty good in his role. You really just need to get rid of Newman, Ball, and Walker. They can't bring back Ball and Walker and expect to be taken seriously as a team that wants to win. They aren't liabilities, they are free first downs and points.

Bradie James has to go. He's supposed to be the defensive leader, so he definitely shoulders a lot of blame for not getting guys ready in crunch time. He's also a bad player right now, and he was never really much more than above average. Brooking is too old too. Even if Bruce Carter and freaking Orie Lemon are starting it doesn't matter. Right now culture change is a must. I'd rather see Bruce Carter go out there and mess up because he's new than see the same two guys lagging behind on a 2nd and 25. Hell if I were Rob I'd even start him for the last 3 games. It's not like there isn't a hole there already. He may just be good enough to learn on the fly.

Spencer has regressed. He doesn't cover the flats and runs as well as he used to. He's getting sucked inside way too often now, and it's leading to some big runs. Unless the **** hits the fan and you can't sign anyone else I'd look for an upgrade. Butler isn't the answer. I like him, but he's just a good spell guy right now.

I don't know why they gave Sensy that extension. Him and Elam are a good tandem, but with the way the D has played lately I wouldn't want anyone to feel as if their job is safe. They haven't killed the team too much, but they haven't been there to make big plays when they need it either. The defense needs playmakers in a major way.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 11:03 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And oh yeah, Tyron Smith helps control the raging spirits that dwell within. I might be punting babies if he wasn't such an awesome player.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rob Ryan calls a brilliant gameplan when he's allowed to substitute and disguise his coverages vs a huddle offense.

But once you get him in a no huddle offense where the defense has to play more basic and the calls have to come in quicker and you don't have the luxury of disguising coverages as easily, his defense folds like a lawn chair.

That concern is 2fold:

1. Lack of talent. Talent takes over in the 2 minute drill bc the playcalls are typicall more basic.

2. Lack of understanding of the scheme. Bc the defense is still learning the scheme, they can't pick up the little things and just do it on their own in a 2 minute drill environment where you have to think faster and react faster.
Sound points. Totally agree. I've been a proponent of Rob and while a lot of Cowboy fans want to blame him for the loss, I simply won't go there. Sure, I bet we'll hear him in the media blame himself this week, but that's just more adoration from my point of view. I love a coach that steps up and shoulder's the blame. Unlike Garrett who thinks he's perfect. It's just ridiculous to me that folks can think that Rob is the reason we lost. He's not only in the first year of installing his defense, but he also got cheated out of an offseason because of the lockout. Add to the fact that Garrett and Jerry (I'll throw Jerry's name in the hat too) failed to add a single upper tier player who could provide and immediate impact in the draft or FA... the blame on Rob needs to stop. The players love playing for him and he's gotten every ouce of talent out of them as humanly possible.

Improve the talent and give time for the players to learn the system. He hasn't even scratched the surface of what his system can do when fully implemented.

Jason Garrett has been here since 2007!!!! ...and he's STILL clueless today. It's like we have to endure the pains of his learning curve as an OC/HC and the mistakes he's making today are the same or worse than before!!! I can't even see progress!!! Problems on short yardage situations, problems in the redzone, problems in playcalling, problems in game clock management, problems in finishing out games!!!
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of slagging the defense and rightly so, they're atrocious against good QBs. But 2 plays were key to yesterday's loss.

1. Newman dropping the pick 6. If you're going to get beat as badly as Newman does on a regular basis and still pick up the enormous paycheck, you need to make big plays once in a while. The dropping of that INT led to the Giant safety, which was a 9 pt turn around all in all. Newman makes that play, we likely win.

2. Romo overthrowing Austin on 3rd and 4. Sorry Romo apologists, I can't do it anymore. You often point to stats, and all well and good, he has great stats. But if he's accurate there, we win. Game over. I don't really expect the likes of Alan Ball and Bradie James to win football games. I do expect the franchise QB to make the throws when he needs to, to win games. We have a huge deficiency on the offensive side of the ball, but the Packers also gave up 35 to the Giants and still found a way to win, mostly on the back of Rodgers. Romo just didn't get the job done, he played very well, but he's got to make that throw.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sound points. Totally agree. I've been a proponent of Rob and while a lot of Cowboy fans want to blame him for the loss, I simply won't go there. Sure, I bet we'll hear him in the media blame himself this week, but that's just more adoration from my point of view. I love a coach that steps up and shoulder's the blame. Unlike Garrett who thinks he's perfect. It's just ridiculous to me that folks can think that Rob is the reason we lost. He's not only in the first year of installing his defense, but he also got cheated out of an offseason because of the lockout. Add to the fact that Garrett and Jerry (I'll throw Jerry's name in the hat too) failed to add a single upper tier player who could provide and immediate impact in the draft or FA... the blame on Rob needs to stop. The players love playing for him and he's gotten every ouce of talent out of them as humanly possible.

Improve the talent and give time for the players to learn the system. He hasn't even scratched the surface of what his system can do when fully implemented.

Jason Garrett has been here since 2007!!!! ...and he's STILL clueless today. It's like we have to endure the pains of his learning curve as an OC/HC and the mistakes he's making today are the same or worse than before!!! I can't even see progress!!! Problems on short yardage situations, problems in the redzone, problems in playcalling, problems in game clock management, problems in finishing out games!!!
D, I have to take issue with you a bit.

While, I am certainly not in the frame of mind to defend Garrett, he has stepped up and faced the criticism. I was very disappointed to find out this morning that after the game, Ryan told the media that if they're looking for answers, he doesn't have any and walked out.

Now, I agree that he needs some better players, especially in the secondary, but that's bush league. If you are going to talk trash, at least be able to stand up like a man and take it when you've had your butt kicked. And make mo mistake, he got his butt kicked.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post

2. Romo overthrowing Austin on 3rd and 4. Sorry Romo apologists, I can't do it anymore. You often point to stats, and all well and good, he has great stats. But if he's accurate there, we win. Game over. I don't really expect the likes of Alan Ball and Bradie James to win football games. I do expect the franchise QB to make the throws when he needs to, to win games. We have a huge deficiency on the offensive side of the ball, but the Packers also gave up 35 to the Giants and still found a way to win, mostly on the back of Rodgers. Romo just didn't get the job done, he played very well, but he's got to make that throw.
I disagree. Watch this video. Austin said he lost the ball in the lights. You will see that his reaction was very late. He had plenty of time to adjust to this ball had he picked it up earlier. I'm not blaming Austin as I'm just saying it was a tough break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw69L...layer_embedded

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-12-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the Giants and still found a way to win, mostly on the back of Rodgers. Romo just didn't get the job done, he played very well, but he's got to make that throw.

Rodgers or did you mean Eli? This is not new. Without Eli, we'd be in the suck for Luck sweepstakes! LOL.

Romo had a chance to basically end the game. You guys didn't need to score a TD. Just get a first down. But if the throw is anywhere close, Miles runs in with a defender trailing. He won't catch Miles.

In the stat column it's an incomplete pass, but that was a game changer. That was pretty much game, set, match! I knew then we may actually have a chance with Eli trying to make a comeback. Before that, I expected us to lose with the defense getting owned and blowing coverages left and right.

I still can't believe he missed Austin. He was WIDE open! When the camera panned to Austin wide open, I was getting rid to throw something.

You guys can rebound and beat the Bucs. Freeman is terrible, and you guys, if you can rebound can beat them!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I disagree. Watch this video. Austin said he lost the ball in the lights. You will see that his reaction was very late. He had plenty of time to adjust to this ball had he picked it up earlier. I'm not blaming Austin as I'm just saying it was a tough break.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw69L...layer_embedded

See I can't really agree with this, Austin looks like he is running full speed the entire time, Romo has to make a better throw there.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
See I can't really agree with this, Austin looks like he is running full speed the entire time, Romo has to make a better throw there.
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Miles adjustment was very late. He even said he lost it in the lights. Do you not believe him? It's not like the throw was 5 yards beyond him; that's a throw most NFL WRs make the adjustment and get to.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-12-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always been a fan of D-Unit as a poster..I've lurked here for a while before posting....over the past few weeks though, I've seen him become literally one of the most one-sided and delusional posters here. Everything is Romo/Garrett's fault...none of the fault is due to Rob Ryan he's always has a built in excuse(no offseason, new package, no talent on defense).

Wade had exactly the same issues in Houston, and he's turned that team around. Without their equivalent of Ware...D-Unit is remarkably see through these days. It's not a good look.

Jerry tried to bring in Nmandi...but yet we still fault Jerry for not doing anything in the offseason to help the defense.

Romo hangs 30+ on teams week in and out, yet we still somehow let the defense off the hook for allowing teams to come back from double digit deficits.

Come on man...You're so biased and one-sided you're not even thinking logically. The ENTIRE TEAM has issues....Offense has struggled, Defense has struggled, Players have struggled, Coaches have struggled....fact of the matter is the Cowboys are a average team, with average talent, that will go as far as Romo will take them. They'll have to outscore teams and hope the Defense will hold. Rob Ryan hasn't held up his end of the bargain, especially considering how much he's talked this season.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
We'll just have to agree to disagree. Miles adjustment was very late. He even said he lost it in the lights. Do you not believe him? It's not like the throw was 5 yards beyond him; that's a throw most NFL WRs make the adjustment and get to.
Oh I believe him, and his reaction I think lends credence to this as well (looking up towards the lights). I just think Romo could have made a better throw, the fact that he had to make an adjustment was the issue.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Cowboys need Play makers on D. They have none really.

JPP made plays for the GMen. You need a few of those guys.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Oh I believe him, and his reaction I think lends credence to this as well (looking up towards the lights). I just think Romo could have made a better throw, the fact that he had to make an adjustment was the issue.
Well, hell, you could say that about every throw. A ton of throws are complete because the WRs make an adjustment. Notice how there is a free rusher bearing down on Romo. He had to get rid of the ball quick.

Remember the long completion Eli made to Nix has he was scrambling to his right? He threw that ball 900 feet into the air. There is no way that should have been complete, but Sensy was 30+ yards deep (and I'm not exagerating). That was freaking rediculous! That ball could have easily been picked. How about the ball into the endzone that Ball knocked down? Good grief, if he reaches two hands up, that should have been an INT. Elii could have VERY easily had 4 INTs last night. Eli is playing pretty well but he's also got some luck, mojo, whatever you want to call it going for him right now.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-12-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I posted this in BeerBaron's weekly thread and it's pretty much how I feel about this team right now.

Dallas just needs to clean house and rebuild from the ground up. Their current group of core players has been together since 2006 and they have shown time and time again that they can't rise to the occasion on the big stage. There are some serious mental issues in that locker room and it's getting to the point where it's spilling out to the field where everyone watching the game can't help but see it. Players play scared because no one wants to be the guy who makes the big mistake and gets ripped by the media all week, there's no accountability and that includes the head coach. Garrett was in a state of denial all last week saying he would of handled the end of the Arizona game the exact same way if he had to do it over, actually trying to persuade people that he did the right thing.

They lose games in improbable fashion and have become a laughing stock. I'd rather have a team of street FAs who have zero talent and get blown out every week but at least showed some pride in the process.

/endrant
He is 100% right.

Cowboys, as a team, are weak and have been for years. Parcells knew it and actually talked about it before leaving. About guys in the locker room owning it and the results. A no excuses mentality where each guy knew what he need to do.

Talent? Yes.
Brains" Rarely.
Heart? Not once yet.

And that falls on the Vets who have been there from the mid-00s. The young guys can still be molded but when you are managed by softies .... nothing comes of it.