Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-07-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So Thule, as I asked earlier. Play GM.

1) Who you get rid of?
2) Who you get in FA?
3) Who ya draft?

Give me 3 ideas. I really would like your opinion.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote:b30c8d92ac="cowboysforever"]Funny thing about Julius Jones is I thought I saw him TWICE actually cut back against the grain for some yards.

He got nearly 60 yards on both those carries.

Julius is worth a 3 or 4 to a team like Miami (no Ricky I assume) or to a team like Greenbay / Houston / et al/

Anyway.
Not you...but whoever said JJ is a FA is wrong...he has two years left on his rookie contract I believe he is a FA next year...and will be looking for a hefty contract....if someone feels like digging up the YAC I think you will be surprised how low he stacks up.

If we don't get a second round pick or better...he will be our running back next year...he holds more value to this team then a 3rd round pick....I mean he did rush for a 1000 yards....he doesn't NEED to be replaced...but if the offer comes along like a midsecond and a guy we like is on the board the it would make sense.
I would take Booker or Moss over him any day. And both are 3rd rounders.
Of course you would...I mean who wouldn't take two unprooven players and want them over a back that rushed for 1000 yards while splitting carries?

The only way JJ is gone is if we get good value for him...a third round pick is not worth it.
So let me use your line of reasoning ..... we don't trade Julius for a Booker or Moss but we keep Julius for one year and give him a huge contract in spite of the fact you just said he was soft.

WTF? Make up your mind. I am lost.

Regardless, why keep a painful handicap if you have a chance for serious upside?

Booker has upside. Speed and can catch the ball

Moss has upside. Moss is a big back with some speed. Played on a horrid OL.

Keep Julius is just a non-answer.
Who said I was in favor of re-signing JJ next year...as far as I'm concerned backs like Booker and Moss are a dime a dozen on draft day...and can be found every year in the draft....

So once again...if we don't get solid value for JJ we will have one more year with him....you can't say that he played bad this year...no matter how soft he is...he did perform when giving holes to run through. You just don't get rid of players that perform because you want a younger back with more upside...JJ isn't free to cut...he again comes with a cap hit.
Well if you trade him how do we get a serious cap hit? It is his rookie contract we are trading.

Barber and Tyson Thompson give you as much. In fact, I would have Barber beef up 10-15 and make him an Otis Anderson, Bettis type back.

He can't get any slower and weight does not affect quickness but weight may get him harder to tackle.
JJ and Barber > Barber and Thompson plus a 3rd round pick...

You just don't replace 1000 yards because you want to get younger...makes sense in madden but not in real life.
ROTFLMAO. No wonder Jerry is such a horrid GM, he keeps believing folks like you about his "talent."

Sounds like the the GMen fan talking about all the talent on the Giants.

Barber and Thompson plus a 3rd round pick >>>>>>>> JJ + Barber
Well we would actually still have Thompson...and if you honestly think JJ is worth being replaced from a 3rd round pick...you better hope for some solid contribution because your giving up a 1000+ yards and over 4 ypc...not many of those 3rd round picks contribute that much on their first year.
Thule, Barber needs to gain 15 pounds and if you use him 15-25 carries per game you will get what you want.

Thompson has great speed and you can use him for the other carries.

Booker is more NFL ready than Moss but that is b/c he is fast and can catch the ball.

Amateur GM right now. Not Jerry. Neither are you. Only hope my screams of mercy reach someone ear and maybe adjust some opinions.[/quote:b30c8d92ac]

You can keep your opinions on what the front office needs to do to yourself for all I care....this is the last post i'll ever Acknowledge from you...been good debating...but I honestly can't stand your views on the salary cap and your value of players/scheme/coaching....It was good talking to you...maybe your madden team will win the superbowl...best of luck to you.

Quote:

1) Who you get rid of?
2) Who you get in FA?
3) Who ya draft?

• Bowen, Stephen DE IDC
    Coleman, Kenyon DE Keep
    Coleman, Marcus S Gone
    Colombo, Marc OT Resign 5 years or so
    Crayton, Patrick WR Bye
    Elam, Abram S 2 year contract
    Fowler, Ryan LB Bye
    Glymph, Junior LB Deserves to work for a spot in tc
    Gurode, Andre C 5 year deal sounds good
    Johnson, Al C IDC either way...solid depth so sure if cheap
    Jones, Nathan CB Bye
    Ladouceur, LP LS He'll be gone but i'd keep him
    McBriar, Mat P Long term deal
    Pierce, Brett TE Bye
    Procter, Cory OG Get a shot throught tc
    Ratliff, Jeremiah DE 3 year deal
    Reeves, Jacques CB RFA if cheap sure
    Singleton, Al LB if cheap he has value

Fa Signings
  • #1 Josh Brown
    #2 A Top OG with experience 26-29
    #4 Darren Sharper if available

On The Market
  • Keith Davis
    Kevin Burnett
    Julius Jones
    Marcus Spears
    TO

Draft
  • 1. Ginn/Blalock/Brown/Tank/Hughes/Moses/Woodley
    2. Wilson/Kalil/Grubbs
    3. Ramirez/Wade/Kolb
    I like Moore on the second day...I like future OT on the second day...I like a FB/power runner on the second day...and a big NT.

Bye

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

WE are not ******* trading anyone. OKAY?
I saw the game. I liked alot of things, and I hated some things.
I have soo much to say..I don't even know where to start.

Akin Ayodele and Bradie James are STAYING.
They are beasts inside. They are big and physical.

Ware is becoming a force to be reckon with. Imagine him with another year. I would without a doubt take him over Merriman anyday.

Carpenter has potential to be really good.

BUT THE MAIN PROBLEM IS..
that our defense needs to MAN UP.
They are too *****. OUR LBers dont jam worth crap.
OUR safeties give out a gazillion yard cushion.
WE CANT blitz worth ****. WE JJUst Cant be FOCUSED.
I dont care. I want ZIMMER GONE.
Parcells needs to go. THE game has changed.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:16 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote:303d078b26="thule"][quote:303d078b26="cowboysforever"]Funny thing about Julius Jones is I thought I saw him TWICE actually cut back against the grain for some yards.

He got nearly 60 yards on both those carries.

Julius is worth a 3 or 4 to a team like Miami (no Ricky I assume) or to a team like Greenbay / Houston / et al/

Anyway.
Not you...but whoever said JJ is a FA is wrong...he has two years left on his rookie contract I believe he is a FA next year...and will be looking for a hefty contract....if someone feels like digging up the YAC I think you will be surprised how low he stacks up.

If we don't get a second round pick or better...he will be our running back next year...he holds more value to this team then a 3rd round pick....I mean he did rush for a 1000 yards....he doesn't NEED to be replaced...but if the offer comes along like a midsecond and a guy we like is on the board the it would make sense.
I would take Booker or Moss over him any day. And both are 3rd rounders.
Of course you would...I mean who wouldn't take two unprooven players and want them over a back that rushed for 1000 yards while splitting carries?

The only way JJ is gone is if we get good value for him...a third round pick is not worth it.
So let me use your line of reasoning ..... we don't trade Julius for a Booker or Moss but we keep Julius for one year and give him a huge contract in spite of the fact you just said he was soft.

WTF? Make up your mind. I am lost.

Regardless, why keep a painful handicap if you have a chance for serious upside?

Booker has upside. Speed and can catch the ball

Moss has upside. Moss is a big back with some speed. Played on a horrid OL.

Keep Julius is just a non-answer.
Who said I was in favor of re-signing JJ next year...as far as I'm concerned backs like Booker and Moss are a dime a dozen on draft day...and can be found every year in the draft....

So once again...if we don't get solid value for JJ we will have one more year with him....you can't say that he played bad this year...no matter how soft he is...he did perform when giving holes to run through. You just don't get rid of players that perform because you want a younger back with more upside...JJ isn't free to cut...he again comes with a cap hit.
Well if you trade him how do we get a serious cap hit? It is his rookie contract we are trading.

Barber and Tyson Thompson give you as much. In fact, I would have Barber beef up 10-15 and make him an Otis Anderson, Bettis type back.

He can't get any slower and weight does not affect quickness but weight may get him harder to tackle.
JJ and Barber > Barber and Thompson plus a 3rd round pick...

You just don't replace 1000 yards because you want to get younger...makes sense in madden but not in real life.
ROTFLMAO. No wonder Jerry is such a horrid GM, he keeps believing folks like you about his "talent."

Sounds like the the GMen fan talking about all the talent on the Giants.

Barber and Thompson plus a 3rd round pick >>>>>>>> JJ + Barber
Well we would actually still have Thompson...and if you honestly think JJ is worth being replaced from a 3rd round pick...you better hope for some solid contribution because your giving up a 1000+ yards and over 4 ypc...not many of those 3rd round picks contribute that much on their first year.
Thule, Barber needs to gain 15 pounds and if you use him 15-25 carries per game you will get what you want.

Thompson has great speed and you can use him for the other carries.

Booker is more NFL ready than Moss but that is b/c he is fast and can catch the ball.

Amateur GM right now. Not Jerry. Neither are you. Only hope my screams of mercy reach someone ear and maybe adjust some opinions.[/quote:303d078b26]

You can keep your opinions on what the front office needs to do to yourself for all I care....this is the last post i'll ever Acknowledge from you...been good debating...but I honestly can't stand your views on the salary cap and your value of players/scheme/coaching....It was good talking to you...maybe your madden team will win the superbowl...best of luck to you.

Quote:

1) Who you get rid of?
2) Who you get in FA?
3) Who ya draft?

• Bowen, Stephen DE IDC
    Coleman, Kenyon DE Keep
    Coleman, Marcus S Gone
    Colombo, Marc OT Resign 5 years or so
    Crayton, Patrick WR Bye
    Elam, Abram S 2 year contract
    Fowler, Ryan LB Bye
    Glymph, Junior LB Deserves to work for a spot in tc
    Gurode, Andre C 5 year deal sounds good
    Johnson, Al C IDC either way...solid depth so sure if cheap
    Jones, Nathan CB Bye
    Ladouceur, LP LS He'll be gone but i'd keep him
    McBriar, Mat P Long term deal
    Pierce, Brett TE Bye
    Procter, Cory OG Get a shot throught tc
    Ratliff, Jeremiah DE 3 year deal
    Reeves, Jacques CB RFA if cheap sure
    Singleton, Al LB if cheap he has value

Fa Signings
  • #1 Josh Brown
    #2 A Top OG with experience 26-29
    #4 Darren Sharper if available

On The Market
  • Keith Davis
    Kevin Burnett
    Julius Jones
    Marcus Spears
    TO

Draft
  • 1. Ginn/Blalock/Brown/Tank/Hughes/Moses/Woodley
    2. Wilson/Kalil/Grubbs
    3. Ramirez/Wade/Kolb
    I like Moore on the second day...I like future OT on the second day...I like a FB/power runner on the second day...and a big NT.

Bye[/quote:303d078b26]

Tough admitting you are wrong about personnel. I understand. Better to not debate on a BLOG at 2:10 am in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regardless, you are not a GM so take a hard look in the mirror as you pass judgement.

Funny you talk about the cap as if it handicaps GMs to not doing much. Not the case but more importantly when you run a BUSINESS LIKE I DO you sometimes have to cut your loses and admit mistakes. Take a lesson from me, lost alot and made alot. But I learned never keep putting your chips on a Loser expecting it to get better. They always break you heart.

I have not problem chatting with you. You have some smart opinions and some stupid ones. Like most of us... but I will rub in your nose Zbikowski and Quinn as they bust in the NFL!

Ciao bella.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:19 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetBLACK08

Ware is becoming a force to be reckon with. Imagine him with another year. I would without a doubt take him over Merriman anyday.

They are too ***********. OUR LBers dont jam worth crap.
WE CANT blitz worth ***********. WE JJUst Cant be FOCUSED.
So if our LBs and Safeties are playing poorly how do you propose solving it? Coaching is part of it. Personnel???

Ayodle, Carp and Watkins looked pretty good last few games. Something to look forward to next year.

Zimmer is gone I hope. BP stays I hope. Pray Tressel wins and takes the Cleveland job.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Someone say we have #21?

If Giants go to NFC Championship game do we leap frog them or just to if they go to the Super Bowl?
Old 01-07-2007, 01:36 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants would have to make the Superbowl for you to jump them, and I think it's more likely that we'll be invaded by Australia and the game will never take place.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
The Giants would have to make the Superbowl for you to jump them, and I think it's more likely that we'll be invaded by Australia and the game will never take place.
Well, I just saw a Cowboy team lose two games this season because they can not get a field goal off.

Actually, GMen going to the dance and losing would be great. Collective histeria in NY football land. I would die laughing my arse off.

I mean, ya know the GMen are really really really talented and Eli is DA BEST!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Great draft last year. Wow. Mannig, Hester and Anderson. Nice.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Quote:
Quote:

So if our LBs and Safeties are playing poorly how do you propose solving it? Coaching is part of it. Personnel???

Ayodle, Carp and Watkins looked pretty good last few games. Something to look forward to next year.

Zimmer is gone I hope. BP stays I hope. Pray Tressel wins and takes the Cleveland job.
I blame coaching.
The players are only as good as our coaches.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
jetBLACK08

Williams lost his swagger.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:13 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I blame coaching.
The players are only as good as our coaches.
Coaching is part of it.

With respect to the Roy Williams comment -- Williams is just not quick or fast. As Thule correctly says, he can't play Cover 2 or Cover anything. He is only a Rover. He can't even double effectively.

I have been listening to the game analysis and I think I heard them say about 3 times "... and Williams took a bad angle." Deion Sanders said the LB and Safeties are horrid in space. And I always wanna disagree with that idiot.

Roy Williams needs to commit himself to learning to play football with his mind and dropping 20 pounds of fat. Maybe we can rescue him and his Jerry Botox Jones dumb ass contract.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:15 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Williams lost his swagger.
I keep saying, and can't get over the fact, that SS/FS and ILBs in other teams 3-4 are just plain lighter and faster.

Like 5-10 pounds on average.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carpenter played very very good yesterday. He had 4 PD, a couple of QB hurried and he made some plays vs the run..
Someone said we need another pass rusher, but give Carpenter time.. He had to make the transition from 4-3 OLB to 3-4 OLB.. Give him another off-season, he's gonna be a huge player for us..
And about SOLB an WOLB, I really don't care.. Pittsburgh uses their OLB in different ways, Porter and Haggans switch position many times during the game.. That's what we need to do, both Carpenter and Ware are able to play both position..
Ware hasn't reach his potential as a pass rusher but he has 11.5 sack for the season and a lot of hurries...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:13 AM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Carpenter played very very good yesterday. He had 4 PD, a couple of QB hurried and he made some plays vs the run..
Someone said we need another pass rusher, but give Carpenter time.. He had to make the transition from 4-3 OLB to 3-4 OLB.. Give him another off-season, he's gonna be a huge player for us..
And about SOLB an WOLB, I really don't care.. Pittsburgh uses their OLB in different ways, Porter and Haggans switch position many times during the game.. That's what we need to do, both Carpenter and Ware are able to play both position..
Ware hasn't reach his potential as a pass rusher but he has 11.5 sack for the season and a lot of hurries...
yup i said he didn't look good against the cardinals. but i was wrong, he looks great. he's made huge plays when allowed to do so. maybe just needs to get a little stronger so he doesn't get pushed back as much. but really he made great plays to stop the run too.

he just needs to do a little jugs machine work

maybe he can play bradie james' spot on passing downs and ellis at olb next year
cowboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Good point. No debate.I would like us to just get the 4 best linebackers on the field. Same for safety. Still think a big time pass rusher would help -- maybe one of the DL will develop.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:37 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyz
Quote:
yup i said he didn't look good against the cardinals. but i was wrong, he looks great. he's made huge plays when allowed to do so. maybe just needs to get a little stronger so he doesn't get pushed back as much. but really he made great plays to stop the run too.

he just needs to do a little jugs machine work

maybe he can play bradie james' spot on passing downs and ellis at olb next year
I hope Greg comes back. What a great guy and good player. But at this point in his career he is 10-15 play per game guy unless somethin unusal happens.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:38 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Is it me or does Carpenter look light than Ware. Have both listed same weight basically but dang Bobby looks lighter.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:06 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
the reason he didnt get anybody for the 3-4 is because we werent running it....duh!
That is a stupid statement and not a true one. As usual BP haters make it up to deflect critique of others.
first of all it is a true statement. we were running a 4-3 bills first 2 years. 2nd of all im not a parcells hater but you are a parcells apoligest. as i said earlier (which you didnt respond to because you know its true) parcells has been apart of every draft and the reason we passed on steven jackson is because parcells considered the backs in that draft very close in talent and they took jj and recieved another 1st round pick. to blame our drafts/free agents all on jerry is just stupid. bill has been here 4 years and after 4 years you would have to say it has been a failure. am i right? yes the overall talent is better but the results are not. thats the bottom line. results! 3rd of all thrule is correct we have been talking about issues on this board long before you got here and for you to think your bringing anything up we havent already descussed, well your sadly mistaken. thats why most if not all the long time posters on here dont like you. you think you know it all and are bringing up new ideas, which the only new ones you do bring up are the ones regarding trading half the team and are just dumb. nobody on here that i can remember has said hey your right cowboysforever thats a great idea. mostly everybody is arguing with you and your always defending yourself. the reason.....because your wrong or your bringing up already discussed topics. i know how much you like to pat yourself on the back and telling everybody what a know it all you are and how you do this for a living blah blah blah. nobody wants to hear it. it is true you want to run this team as if it were madden. you dont want to hear it but we dont want to hear you either.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oh and here an article today by jj taylor

This game might have been the last in Parcells' Hall of Fame career. Perhaps, Jerry Jones will want a change after four seasons with Parcells, a 34-32 overall record and no playoff victories. After all, Parcells doesn't make it fun for Jones to come to work because the coach demands so much control. Jones understood the rules when he hired Parcells and respects them, but winning would make it easier to work within the parameters Parcells has established.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like all this, but what do you propose we do with Ellis? Just sit him?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how Bill Parcells should be fired because his tenure has been a waste of time.

3 years prior to Parcells: 15-33, No playoffs
4 years with Parcells: 34-32, Two playoff berths

Yeah, he's pretty terrible in taking pretty much the same team that Dave Campo gave him and turning it into a 10-6 record.

Plus, NO OTHER COACHES OUT THERE ARE EVEN CLOSE TO AS GOOD AS PARCELLS!
Old 01-07-2007, 09:27 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

and another by tim cowlishaw

The fact is that for the fourth straight year, a Parcells team got worse as the season wound down, not better.

And the educated guess is that Parcells' days in Dallas are over.

Jones is greatly disappointed in Parcells and the job he has done – or not done – in his fourth season.

Something new, something fresh is needed here. Four games over .500 with two playoff defeats – that record got Chan Gailey fired after two seasons.

It has taken Parcells four years to get to that same so-so record – four games over .500 and two playoff losses. And he has worked at about five times Gailey's salary.

In four years, Parcells has presided over one really good draft. He has taken a defense that was efficient, if not dominating in the 4-3, and made it very inefficient in the 3-4.

Does it say anything that the NFL coach of the year is the Saints' Sean Payton, who displayed far more imagination in New Orleans than he was ever allowed to show as Parcells' play-caller?

so you see cowboysforever, you dont know it all like you claim so ****
Old 01-07-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't posted since the end of the game, I was busy throwin up and crying for the past 12 hours.

I didn't read through the last 4 pages of posts, but I'm guessing somewhere in there, Cowboysforever went on his weekly idiotic rants and overreactions.

I'm going for the Chargers now this playoffs, how about ya'll.

if we do have the 21st spot, we can still get Blalock or hopefully Meachum.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
I haven't posted since the end of the game, I was busy throwin up and crying for the past 12 hours.

I didn't read through the last 4 pages of posts, but I'm guessing somewhere in there, Cowboysforever went on his weekly idiotic rants and overreactions.
I'm going for the Chargers now this playoffs, how about ya'll.

if we do have the 21st spot, we can still get Blalock or hopefully Meachum.
yes he did and i too am rooting for the chargers. im hoping we get blaylock.