Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-18-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

My take on next week is for us to win 3 things got to happen

1) Austin / Bennett / Witten need to get past the LB into their routes between the hash marks
2) V Draw all day into the B Gaps on the right sight
3) Our fastest Safety needs to spy Vick
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:54 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
My take on next week is for us to win 3 things got to happen

1) Austin / Bennett / Witten need to get past the LB into their routes between the hash marks
2) V Draw all day into the B Gaps on the right sight
3) Our fastest Safety needs to spy Vick
I agree with those 3, but would also include extra attention to McCoy. Backside defenders need to stay at home. Of not, he'll torch us on change of direction runs.

Watch for Celek too. He was huge this week. People tend to forget about him with all their other weapons.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Division should be yours barring any late heroics this regime can muster up. But the fork just gut impaled, and right now currently hit a major artery. We shall see last 2 games if that results in death.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Division should be yours barring any late heroics this regime can muster up. But the fork just gut impaled, and right now currently hit a major artery. We shall see last 2 games if that results in death.
Come on man, it's crazy to see so many people say this. The division is still within your own destiny. All you have to do is beat us again. And we have not showed once that we can clinch or win in the clutch so it's hardly a given. This division race is far from over, don't know why everyone is expecting it to be a foregone conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Come on man, it's crazy to see so many people say this. The division is still within your own destiny. All you have to do is beat us again. And we have not showed once that we can clinch or win in the clutch so it's hardly a given. This division race is far from over, don't know why everyone is expecting it to be a foregone conclusion.
Have you see the mess we call a team? Fewell is pathetic! We can't cover anyone. Then we blame each other on defense. Sanchize will look like god, while Keller will find every single soft spot and sit.

This house needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. The defense has no faith in Fewell. They keep getting smacked around by everyone!

I had confidence beating you guys, but I wanted to see how we did this past game. We didn't even show up, at home!!!! Our OL is useless, and Rex will blitz the god out of us. The idiots drop the ball more than anyone, and Mario fakes our own QB out and runs the wrong route on a damn fadE!!!!!!

Clean house and scrub it! In fact, use HCl!

On the other hand, JPP 16 tackles and 1 sack. I heart him!
Old 12-19-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Have you see the mess we call a team? Fewell is pathetic! We can't cover anyone. Then we blame each other on defense. Sanchize will look like god, while Keller will find every single soft spot and sit.

This house needs to be cleaned from top to bottom. The defense has no faith in Fewell. They keep getting smacked around by everyone!

I had confidence beating you guys, but I wanted to see how we did this past game. We didn't even show up, at home!!!! Our OL is useless, and Rex will blitz the god out of us. The idiots drop the ball more than anyone, and Mario fakes our own QB out and runs the wrong route on a damn fadE!!!!!!

Clean house and scrub it! In fact, use HCl!

On the other hand, JPP 16 tackles and 1 sack. I heart him!

Weren't all those things true when you played us? Yet we let you cake walk right back into the game down by two scores late. Doesn't that say more about our team then anything? It'd be different if you didn't play us again, but you do, and all we have done is choke games away.

There is no guarantee we even beat Philly. You guys are just sounding like it's completely over, just makes no sense to me. I know it was a rough week but we haven't been the model of consistency either and it'll still come down to the last game of the season.

Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Today is the official "Thank You Redskins Day"!

Seriously though, we caught an unexpected break. We have a chance to capitalize on it if we can win the next 2 games, but that is honestly a VERY TALL ORDER.

I hope Rob is up to the challenge. He's had his first rodeo so here's hoping the 2nd time around fares a little better.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
The other issue is that Atl will go 10-6 likely.

Detroit has SD and Green Bay. I smell 10-6 also.

So NFC East won't have a wild card.

That is why today's Detroit game was big. Cardinals too. Both have tie breaker with us unless 3 way.

Yea, Detroit has gotten some ridiculous luck. Detroit and ATL do look like they have locked a wildcard up. NFCE is down to the division winner, which is fine because in this scenario we are looking at a home game vs Det or ATL.

Not sure which team I'd rather face, but it's not a tough matchup either way.

Quote:
Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Weren't all those things true when you played us? Yet we let you cake walk right back into the game down by two scores late. Doesn't that say more about our team then anything? It'd be different if you didn't play us again, but you do, and all we have done is choke games away.

There is no guarantee we even beat Philly. You guys are just sounding like it's completely over, just makes no sense to me. I know it was a rough week but we haven't been the model of consistency either and it'll still come down to the last game of the season.
Amen brother. You can't take what they say too seriously when it comes to our NYG fan brothers. The thing about it is that they love to play down their emotions about their expectations, so when they win they are SUPER HAPPY!

...and they love to pump up the Cowboys so when we lose.... again, they are SUPER HAPPY.

You just don't hear them say they believe in their team a lot because it's something feel inside, but don't outwardly show it.

Kinda like how I approached this last game. I expected a win, so I'm not to thrilled about the win against TB. Had I not expected this win, it would've been a complete 180, and I would've been ecstatic! That's how Giants fans like to take EVERY game. ...with little or NO expectations.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no faith that we beat Philly. In fact, I think they win by double digits again. But frankly, it doesn't matter.

With the way the Giants played yesterday, there is no excuse for us not to go to the Meadowlands and take the division crown back to Dallas.

I know Eli always balls on us, but this team needs to sack up and win that game. Go up there, and win the division. Enough playing like your a pop warner team when it matters.

Lace up the cleats, and silence the critics. Period.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, voting ends tonight. Vote our 'boys in!

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/ballot?ic...n=PB_topheader
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:

Yeah they were, which is why I am glad Mario dropped the ball. Let's be frank, the clock helped. If we had to stop you, we don't.. We would lose. Did you see how poorly we can cover? It was a mess! We won because our offense kept scoring, and we basically made a play when needed... ok, not we, but JPP, once again. It's Eli and the JPP show, everyone else are extras in this film.

Have you seen us? It's not 100% over, but this team, in this defensive system is a joke. Fewell is much worse than Tim Lewis! We blitz when we are down by like 20. Otherwise we barely put pressure on opposing teams.

I said this before when we beat you, don't worry we'd probably screw it up! ANd we did! I know this team from watching it, it's like a rollarcoaster.

And the dumb fact is, we have a losing record at home! HOME! How do you keep losing at home?! Stupid team! Get rid of the coaches and start from level 1. Idiotic TC and his stupid DC hires!

1/4 coordinators he hit! Let's hire a zero experience offensive QB coach and make him an OC.. Then we take a guy with LOTS of OC experience and make him a QB coach, lol.

Hire a 34 guy and coach a 43! Epic failure! Spags was great! But again Sheridan had zero experience! Epic Failure! Next.. o no we are not done yet! PERRY Freaking Fewell!

4th DC we are on! 4!!!!!!

I am angry.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Amen brother. You can't take what they say too seriously when it comes to our NYG fan brothers. The thing about it is that they love to play down their emotions about their expectations, so when they win they are SUPER HAPPY!

...and they love to pump up the Cowboys so when we lose.... again, they are SUPER HAPPY.

You just don't hear them say they believe in their team a lot because it's something feel inside, but don't outwardly show it.

Kinda like how I approached this last game. I expected a win, so I'm not to thrilled about the win against TB. Had I not expected this win, it would've been a complete 180, and I would've been ecstatic! That's how Giants fans like to take EVERY game. ...with little or NO expectations.

Oh we believe, then we choke away games.

Titans game!
Eagles Game!

and then games we just don't show up!

So yeah I have little or no expectations because I coached and know the junk we have as coordintors throughout TC's tenure is junk!

How do you have faith in junk?! If we had faith it would mean something good is happening, which would mean we would NOT be on our 4th DC, and 2nd OC!

I have faith, we will be looking for a new HC OR # 5 DC. I have faith in that.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

That's how Giants fans like to take EVERY game. ...with little or NO expectations.
Haha this is so true...every single board, every real life fan I know...
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:17 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

What a difference a great coach can make even with a weak schedule. San Fran, wow.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:14 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

So we should all know by now Felix Jones is what he is. He couldn't even finish last game. He's never going to be anything more then a KR/3rd down RB/compliment. Sucks because he was a 1st round pick, but those are the facts. If you give him more then 20 touches he'll break down.

Quote:
Old 12-21-2011, 06:53 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
So we should all know by now Felix Jones is what he is. He couldn't even finish last game. He's never going to be anything more then a KR/3rd down RB/compliment. Sucks because he was a 1st round pick, but those are the facts. If you give him more then 20 touches he'll break down.
But we knew that in 2008. He has always carried someone else's jock strap to the game.

Which is why 2008 was a pretty bad draft with wasted picks on him and Martellus .... will give Jenkins a pass since he at least made one Pro Bowl and has been injured a bit.
Old 12-21-2011, 06:58 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I agree with those 3, but would also include extra attention to McCoy. Backside defenders need to stay at home. Of not, he'll torch us on change of direction runs.
More like Spencer can't over pursue the play or over pursue the QB.

Best games I have seen D's play versus Vick -- they kept him in the pocket with a pass rush more interested in closing the pocket than in sacks. Forces Vick to play a position he can't -- QB. Shady is the same issue. Your OLD can not push up the field too much.

So, if DeMarcus and Spencer play with brains, they get no sacks, likely few tackles, constantly set the edge and funnel everything into the DE/DT and ILB. 2 Gap OLBing shading over the outside shoulder.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 12-21-2011 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-21-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rob should bring the blitz to Vick. It's mind boggling that he didn't do that in the first game when that's Vick's biggest problem. The team is built for pressure too, so he needs to throw pressure at Vick and never let him get comfortable.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Rob should bring the blitz to Vick. It's mind boggling that he didn't do that in the first game when that's Vick's biggest problem. The team is built for pressure too, so he needs to throw pressure at Vick and never let him get comfortable.
I agree, a lot of inside blitzes and about 2-3 from Scandrik.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it me. Or is everyone giving this game to the Eagles already? It sure as **** feels that way with everything I have been reading.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Blitz Vick is dead wrong. Keep him in the pocket.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Is it me. Or is everyone giving this game to the Eagles already? It sure as **** feels that way with everything I have been reading.
I'm not expecting a win, but I'd like to be pleasantly surprised.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:53 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Blitz Vick is dead wrong. Keep him in the pocket.
You need to get hits on him. the more he gets hit, the more he gets skiddish in the pocket and the more he forces throws. He isn't Big Ben, he can't handle the hits, and if you let him have a clean pocket, your gunna surrender a lot of big plays with an arm like he has and two receivers with their speed stretching out the field for intermediate receivers such as avant and celek

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
You need to get hits on him. the more he gets hit, the more he gets skiddish in the pocket and the more he forces throws. He isn't Big Ben, he can't handle the hits, and if you let him have a clean pocket, your gunna surrender a lot of big plays with an arm like he has and two receivers with their speed stretching out the field for intermediate receivers such as avant and celek
Yeah, pressure is great but keep him in the pocket throwing over his OL. Lots of gap discipline.