Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-22-2011, 02:00 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say we go after him. No reason Cowboys shouldn't break the Eagles neck.

But yet I am not confident...............

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We don't even need to blitz or play safe. We need Rob to call plays like Rob. Vick has trouble reading a normal defense can you imagine what his brain is going to be doing trying to figure out exotic schemes with no lineman with their hand down or Ware/Spencer on the same side? He'd look like a fourth grader trying to solve advanced calculus.

We CANNOT be blitz happy because our corners can't hold coverage. We CANNOT drop 8 or play cover 2 because Vick can make easy reads. Make it complicated, don't over-pursue and take advantage when he makes mistakes.

My expectations are low as I'm not expecting a win. That wouldn't be this team's style. We like to draw everything down to the wire and flip a coin to decide our fate. We have the POTENTIAL to give Vick nightmares and take advantage of their defense. Will we?
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 11:24 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm calling it now. Everyone talking about the race for the NFC East. I think we lock it up this week guys. Giants will lose to the JETS and we will pop the Iggles right there in the mouth.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
I'm calling it now. Everyone talking about the race for the NFC East. I think we lock it up this week guys. Giants will lose to the JETS and we will pop the Iggles right there in the mouth.
I'm there with you. The Eagles are very beatable. Let's just remember that their not a very consistent team. I'm pretty confident we'll put up some points against them and hoping Rob can put together a solid game plan to limit the Eagles on offense.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

The other issue with press and blitz is Vick can run like crazy -- corners have their heads turned to the play???? Then one of the blitzers takes a bad angle and a gap appears??????

Play lots of zone, blitz occasionally and freak out the zone coverage with DL playing flats etc., going no DL with all LB and Safety.

Eagles are not really bullies with how they run, it is all cut back crap relying on bad gap control by DL and LB.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Limit the run and we win. Plain and simple.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:18 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
I hope, I wish I had confidence in our team but I'm not sure how we'll react when it's a pressure situation in 4th qt. I just hope the Jets win before hand, if that's the case we may as well rest Felix for 2 games. We still need to beat Philly but still, not gonna do us any good in the playoffs with no RB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team hasn't beaten an upper echelon QB all year, and is 0-5 against QBs I would say are in the top half of the league. I'd say we're due, but I don't have much faith in that statement.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
This team hasn't beaten an upper echelon QB all year, and is 0-5 against QBs I would say are in the top half of the league. I'd say we're due, but I don't have much faith in that statement.
-_- Vick isn't a top half QB in the league. He's the top athlete at the QB position. :D Save that one for the Giants week 17.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:51 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsc1600 View Post
That is a statistic out of contest though. Take the Lions and Patriots for instance. Those games can't be blamed on the defense, and for all intents and purposes we really did beat the lions. That game was just a mirage of ridiculous bad luck, and crazy games like that occasionally happen. Look at our win in buffalo after Romo's 5 picks in 2007. If we win the east we are probably going to get the Falcons, but boy would I love the lions again.

As for the patriots game, 16 points against there defense was pathetic. Holding brady and that offense to 13 points until the final drive was pretty damn good against a top 5 QB of all time. Hell, even give them the last drive, 20 points in new england is a hell of a performance. That loss was on our offense. The decision to run the ball 3 times into wilfork behind freakin' phil costa for -5 yards when there was 3:35 left on the clock and the pats had 2 time outs plus the 2 minute warning was idiotic to say the least. Get a first down and go home with the W. But that's another argument.

Also, alex smith isn't a slouch this year, beat him. I get your point, but I think that is a very vague category to put a team in. Football is the ultimate team/strategy sport, and there are a million factors that go into winning and losing.

I just want to get in, hopefully beat the lions or falcons so the season can be called a success with a playoff win, have a good draft and free agency and be a serious contender next year.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Samuel is out this week, that's a plus for us.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:08 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

... and Felix is injured again.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
What is new? I'm long done with Felix, ruined 1st round pick. Funny thing is I hated him for his talent pre-draft and he's actually a really gifted RB, but he's a china doll.

Lesean McCoy came out WAY lighter and more frail then Felix, but look at the beating he takes week in and out and he never misses a game. Felix can't go two games in a row getting over 20 touches. There have been a million and one excuses for him since he was drafted. Ridiculous for the #22 overall pick in the most talented RB class in the last 10 years easily.

That said, I have no faith what so ever we win this game. We have a bad defense overall, terrible secondary, and on offense the only thing keeping us balances and scary was Demarco Murray. He would be vital for this time of the year, now we don't have him OR Felix who can do the job when out there.

So were basically giving Jason Garret the green light to go pass happy from here on out. Just great. Not liking our chances.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's had a tweaked hammy for a little while and said it got worse after last week's game. I wouldn't be shocked at all if it was gamesmanship and the result of the NYJ/NYG game deciding whether he goes or not.

-_- This really is one of those weeks where we could REALLY have used Murray.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

And I really wish Jerry would shut the **** up. Just in general, please. I don't think I've heard one interview from Scott Piolo since he's been there. Jerry comes out and tells the other team who will and won't play early in the week, gives them bulletin board material, makes his voice the voice of the team.

Not the head coach. Can you imagine a Rex Ryan coached team, having the GM come out of nowhere and say he was scared? That comment didn't even bother me that much, but the fact that we have to talk about Jerry Jones during the week instead of the ******* game.

I'm not going to gripe too much on his GM skills. Could be better sure, but we have been doing well on talent alone. But the circus show outside of it that wants the attention and spotlight on him isn't helping.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
He's had a tweaked hammy for a little while and said it got worse after last week's game. I wouldn't be shocked at all if it was gamesmanship and the result of the NYJ/NYG game deciding whether he goes or not. .
If the Jets win I'd sit him until the playoffs, no matter what his percentage of health is. We at least have a chance to win a game in the playoffs with him healthy, and if we can get SF, in SF in the 2nd rd I'd love our chances of making the NFC champ game. If we land NO at any point in the route all bets are off though.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If the Jets win I'd sit him until the playoffs, no matter what his percentage of health is. We at least have a chance to win a game in the playoffs with him healthy, and if we can get SF, in SF in the 2nd rd I'd love our chances of making the NFC champ game. If we land NO at any point in the route all bets are off though.
I agree to an extent, I think he suits up but doesn't get the start either way. JG needs to utilize the run effieciently to neutralize Babin and Cole off the edges, otherwise it is going to be a Tee off on Tony type of day. Hopefully Sammy can cram as much of the playbook in his head as possible so that the offense isn't handcuffed. If he isn't effective I think you are almost forced to test Felix especially if the Giants lose. Remember if both the boys and the Giants loose this week and the Giants beat us in the finally Philly can take the East by beating Washington. Tough decision either way though.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Jets
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 01:55 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
That is a statistic out of contest though. Take the Lions and Patriots for instance. Those games can't be blamed on the defense, and for all intents and purposes we really did beat the lions. That game was just a mirage of ridiculous bad luck, and crazy games like that occasionally happen. Look at our win in buffalo after Romo's 5 picks in 2007. If we win the east we are probably going to get the Falcons, but boy would I love the lions again.

As for the patriots game, 16 points against there defense was pathetic. Holding brady and that offense to 13 points until the final drive was pretty damn good against a top 5 QB of all time. Hell, even give them the last drive, 20 points in new england is a hell of a performance. That loss was on our offense. The decision to run the ball 3 times into wilfork behind freakin' phil costa for -5 yards when there was 3:35 left on the clock and the pats had 2 time outs plus the 2 minute warning was idiotic to say the least. Get a first down and go home with the W. But that's another argument.

Also, alex smith isn't a slouch this year, beat him. I get your point, but I think that is a very vague category to put a team in. Football is the ultimate team/strategy sport, and there are a million factors that go into winning and losing.

I just want to get in, hopefully beat the lions or falcons so the season can be called a success with a playoff win, have a good draft and free agency and be a serious contender next year.
Sorry to take the 0-5 record out of "contest", haha. It is what it is, you are what you are. We're an 8-6 team who hasn't beaten a top 16 QB all year. That's fact. To say Vick isn't a top 16 QB is silly. I hope the Jets come back today and the Cowboys win, just not confident.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default WR on 53 player Roster

Does anybody know why the WR from Hillsdale is on the 53 man roster? If they want to protect him fine, but does he have that much upside?

If he leaves us and signs with another team I don't think 3 weeks is going make him a star plus he would go into another training camp and have to start over. Most PP stay with the team they went to camp with because they know the system and it most likely they will eventually move up. I know some do sign with other clubs, but most stay.

I know of the WR on GB practice squad...Tori Gurley...heard he has a lot of potential and has been offered active roster on another team and he turned it down.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Mark Sanchez is god awful QB and will never be any good. Because even when does not stare down his receivers play-after-play -- he is inaccurate with the ball.

Like a fastball only pitcher with no control.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Old 12-24-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Good to see the team not completely give in. Reminds me of the game that ended last season (barely watchable).
Old 12-24-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Soft, I don't care what anyone says -- the main guys on this team, the alleged leaders, are soft.

You guys keep thinking one or two players away. This team needs a heart transplant and hopefully they can go find players who are also smart.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

Quote:
Soft, I don't care what anyone says -- the main guys on this team, the alleged leaders, are soft.

You guys keep thinking one or two players away. This team needs a heart transplant and hopefully they can go find players who are also smart.
At the very least, we need some guys who make at least some plays on defense. Other than Ware, there is no consistant pass rush guy, and the secondary has no one who comes close to making plays. James and Brooking are useless, Spencer needs to go, Newman is just a liability.