Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 533
Reputation: 27559
chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Last Game

I am going to sit down and watch this game and if we win or lose I will still continue to support the team. I know some people will say this and that about the team and how we always draft the wrong players and so forth, but hindsight always shows that everybody makes mistakes. Some players are not drafted because they don't fit the philosophy of the def. or Off.

People keep bitching about this and that.....just watch the game and if we lose we can look forward to the draft and how we can get better. If we win we are still going get people here who will say that is not enough. Sure I would have like this game to be meaningless, but i am sure many teams would want to be in the position (Wash and Phila).

Support the team and and comment on what we should do or what we did not do in the present. But to read comments about not draft stephen jackson or other comments like that are not going to make it any better. The same people who comment like that are the one's with unrealistic trades scenerios. And I bet if they would look back at who we should have drafted they will find that they too are at 50% in terms of selecting impact players in the draft.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I don't get why Bob wants to talk about Parcells all the time. He quit on us. He quit everywhere he went outside of NYG. He's a rebuilder and he turned this team around. ...but he never won here. He had his chance to stay and finish things but he quit. He wasn't the reason for Tony. That was Sean Payton. He wasn't the reason for Ware. That was Ireland and the staff. He never believed in Greg Ellis so he drafted Carpenter who was never a good fit. Speaking of LBs... he never helped us there. Scott Shanle, Scott Fujita? Are you kidding me? The CB position opposite of Newman was a constant revolving door that he never could solve. Safety was a joke. He could never build an OL for crap. He passed on Steven Jackson because he had a man crush on Julius Jones. Hooray for Meshawn and Terry Glenn! Don't forget the the greatness that was Dan Campbell! He never believed in Sean Payton. Only let him control passes... WTF was that co-OC garbage about? Parcells had/has major trust issues. Belichick burned him beyond repair. For all the greatness that Parcells was, for someone to paint a rosey picture of him while in Dallas is ignoring the facts. He had his fair share of warts.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
I am going to sit down and watch this game and if we win or lose I will still continue to support the team. I know some people will say this and that about the team and how we always draft the wrong players and so forth, but hindsight always shows that everybody makes mistakes. Some players are not drafted because they don't fit the philosophy of the def. or Off.

People keep bitching about this and that.....just watch the game and if we lose we can look forward to the draft and how we can get better. If we win we are still going get people here who will say that is not enough. Sure I would have like this game to be meaningless, but i am sure many teams would want to be in the position (Wash and Phila).

Support the team and and comment on what we should do or what we did not do in the present. But to read comments about not draft stephen jackson or other comments like that are not going to make it any better. The same people who comment like that are the one's with unrealistic trades scenerios. And I bet if they would look back at who we should have drafted they will find that they too are at 50% in terms of selecting impact players in the draft.
Good post. I have checked out on our hopes for this season, but this reminds me that as a fan, I should still help pan out water even if the ship has too many holes to fill and will inevitably sink. At the beginning of the season I thought we'd miss the playoffs, but was hopeful that we would make it. So this season is kind of going that way. There are some real positives going forward, and I like our chances of being much improved next season. This season is over though. Enjoy the last game of the season with a nice big BBQ!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Some news that may not be good in the future, Dez signed with Drew Rosenhaus:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ni...lascowboys.com

I doubt we re-sign Robinson, because he is going to get starter money that we don't have, and then Rosenhaus will want more money for Dez. Oh well, hopefully Dwayne Harris can develop into a legit slot reciever.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

All that matters is if we get to the tournament, sorry to quote Parcells there. Once you get there, anything can happen. I know a lot of people here will disagree with me on that one, but it's the truth. The Packers have show recently that their vulnerable. Even thought the Saints look good, Brees still has the propensity to turn the ball over and I'm still not sold on their defense. Maybe I'm just the eternal optimist, but a chance is all we need.

Now, onto this week. Let's handle our business in NY and get to the tournament.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:17 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 533
Reputation: 27559
chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default WR Robinson and other tidbits

This guys is just another WR that needed a team to sign and to show what he can do. For somebody to say he will get starter money is not accurate. Will he get another couple of offers, OF COURSE. I don't think the money will be that much different than what the Cowboys will offer. Remember he is at best a NO 2 or 3 WR. You put him as a number 1 and teams will expose him. The difference between a 1 and a 2 is size and speed. We are not talking about >.05 of a sec. we are talking about maybe 1 sec faster and of course the playmaking ability. Laurant is good, but he knows what he has here and I don't think he will risk leaving. Nobody is going to offer him a 10 million signing bonus. They might offer half of that spread over 3-4 years but teams are unwilling to give that to a WR. Teams like to develop their own WR.


You give Wes Walker #1 and you make him ur number 1 WR....he will be at best an aveage WR. You put him in the slot every down.....he will get those yards. Remember STATS are one thng....domination is another. Walker would not get that open if he was wide left or wide right...teams would knock him out. He has a great QB hence a lot of yards.

I expect Robinson back....and a CB. We had the money to offer the CB that went to PHili....we could do the same and get a CB too.......The salary cap is crap...anything team can sign who ever they want if they are willing to sacrifrice the future.

Think of this...Asante Samuel to the Boys......mmmmmm or Cromatrie....

Playing for the Cowboys is still glamorous....the money helps too, but jerry has deep pockets and he will do anything to win again...that is why I still support the boys. Plus I am not a homer or a bandwagon fan..i made this decision has a kid when we lost to the Steelers and from that day...i will always remain loyal. I could care less if Micky Mouse owned the team.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Some news that may not be good in the future, Dez signed with Drew Rosenhaus:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ni...lascowboys.com

I doubt we re-sign Robinson, because he is going to get starter money that we don't have, and then Rosenhaus will want more money for Dez. Oh well, hopefully Dwayne Harris can develop into a legit slot reciever.
Good to see Dez focused on important stuff.

So hard to get to these types of issues during the off-season.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 533
Reputation: 27559
chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Changing Agents

Just wondering Yanks. When u are at work do you ever listen or check for other jobs out there? If u are happy at ur job great, but if somewhere u knew about a new job would u check on it on sat or sun or while u are at work? All he did was change agents which is not different from me or u loooking at help wanted signs or other job opportunities.....I don't have a problem with it....but since he is a cowboy it will be on the first page....

To me....it a non issue.................
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,492
Reputation: 201113
E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Dez signing with Rosenhaus is really a non-issue, but you know how it is. Too many people are just waiting for Dez to do anything so they can talk about how he's wasting his talent, a bad influence on the children, can't recite MLK's "I Have a Dream" speech in 45 seconds or less, etc. It's funny that people forget that Drew was Aikman's agent, but let's not let that get in the way of painting another receiver as a problem child for the sake of ratings. We all know that Jerry is a cheap bastard, and that Dez has done so much to command a major contract right now. This has nothing to do with a young player signing with one of the best agents in the business and wanting to secure himself some good cash while he's here.
__________________
"If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

If this were about Tom Brady, the story would be about how Tom wants more money so he can donate to more charities all over the world.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,052
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If this were about Tom Brady, the story would be about how Tom wants more money so he can donate to more charities all over the world.
LOL. Hey D, when are you coming with a new Mock? Its been a while bro!
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
Just wondering Yanks. When u are at work do you ever listen or check for other jobs out there? If u are happy at ur job great, but if somewhere u knew about a new job would u check on it on sat or sun or while u are at work? All he did was change agents which is not different from me or u loooking at help wanted signs or other job opportunities.....I don't have a problem with it....but since he is a cowboy it will be on the first page....

To me....it a non issue.................
LOL!!!!!!!! Great comparison.

Of course it is a NON ISSUE -- that is why he should not even be bothering with this nonsense till February.

But the fact he did the change now means it was an issue -- to him.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:35 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
If this were about Tom Brady, the story would be about how Tom wants more money so he can donate to more charities all over the world.
Name me a great player who changes agents mid season who is not in a final contract year ........

Point is, great players are not wasting time on nonsense since they are focused on their jobs.

It is the same reason Cabo Wabo with Jessica Rabbit was stoooooopiddddddddddddd and an indication of immaturity by Tony Turnover.

Same reaction -- really? Don't you better things to occupy your time in the middle of a playoff run?

Last edited by yanksknicks : 12-27-2011 at 11:37 PM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,067
Reputation: 79506
CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Name me a great player who changes agents mid season who is not in a final contract year ........

Point is, great players are not wasting time on nonsense since they are focused on their jobs.

It is the same reason Cabo Wabo with Jessica Rabbit was stoooooopiddddddddddddd and an indication of immaturity by Tony Turnover.

Same reaction -- really? Don't you better things to occupy your time in the middle of a playoff run?
Ok. So if Dez goes for 150 and 2 TD's this week, will you pay pal me $500?
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:30 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Ok. So if Dez goes for 150 and 2 TD's this week, will you pay pal me $500?
And if the Cowboys embarrassingly collapse will you?

Cuz, I don't think you have even close to $500 to spare. Not so much an issue for me.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 12-28-2011 at 07:40 AM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:40 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't get why Bob wants to talk about Parcells all the time. He quit on us. He quit everywhere he went outside of NYG. He's a rebuilder and he turned this team around. ...but he never won here. He had his chance to stay and finish things but he quit. He wasn't the reason for Tony. That was Sean Payton. He wasn't the reason for Ware. That was Ireland and the staff. He never believed in Greg Ellis so he drafted Carpenter who was never a good fit. Speaking of LBs... he never helped us there. Scott Shanle, Scott Fujita? Are you kidding me? The CB position opposite of Newman was a constant revolving door that he never could solve. Safety was a joke. He could never build an OL for crap. He passed on Steven Jackson because he had a man crush on Julius Jones. Hooray for Meshawn and Terry Glenn! Don't forget the the greatness that was Dan Campbell! He never believed in Sean Payton. Only let him control passes... WTF was that co-OC garbage about? Parcells had/has major trust issues. Belichick burned him beyond repair. For all the greatness that Parcells was, for someone to paint a rosey picture of him while in Dallas is ignoring the facts. He had his fair share of warts.
Because he was last decent organizational memory we have. Rosie, hardly, but much better then everything since. Guarantee you one thing, if Jerry Jones lets go of TO as Parcells wanted -- Parcells stays and we likely win more than 1 playoff game in 4 years.

So for all the talk of quit -- it was Jerry Jones and his slobbering over TO's nuts that did it plus Jerry quit on Parcells b/c he felt at $5MM per year Parcells should have gotten him a SB title.

But for all the BP mistakes, I can point out more successes. Something Jerrah can't. He develops players and that is a very very very rare quality for a Coach (and reason why he was never a great GM IMHO).

So I root for a win and maybe some luck in Round 1 but we get crushed by the Packers or New Orleans if you ask me. Expectations if we get to Round 2 will be too high and this team is mentally weak.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:07 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
LOL!!!!!!!! Great comparison.

Of course it is a NON ISSUE -- that is why he should not even be bothering with this nonsense till February.

But the fact he did the change now means it was an issue -- to him.
It could be a multitude of issues. He might not of been getting endorsement deals, etc. I don't put this all on getting a new deal. Not for the 2012 year, but I'd say he's pulling for 2013.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
It could be a multitude of issues. He might not of been getting endorsement deals, etc. I don't put this all on getting a new deal. Not for the 2012 year, but I'd say he's pulling for 2013.
2013. That is my point --- far far away. And endorsements for what? What has he done to justify that?

He has every right to do as he wishes. My point is the move at this time seems to be borne with a desire to get something and fast. It smells of desperate and impatience. Given his track record, how could you come to another conclusion?

Young man making big time money. Focus. More will come if you are patient and focus.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 12-28-2011 at 09:17 AM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,859
Reputation: 1975849
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Once Bob gets into his rants about Jerrah, & Parcells, it's like arguing the same things we argued in circles about the last 3 years on this forum. I have no problem calling out draft bust but I'll pass on rehashing the same old stuff.


Anytime I even see the word Parcells on the pages Bob is around. I'd rather talk about the Giants.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Once Bob gets into his rants about Jerrah, & Parcells, it's like arguing the same things we argued in circles about the last 3 years on this forum. I have no problem calling out draft bust but I'll pass on rehashing the same old stuff. Anytime I even see the word Parcells on the pages Bob is around. I'd rather talk about the Giants.
LOL, good one!

This forum has been talking the same problems for 5 years.

To say you don't want to rehash, pretty much makes the last 24,418 posts irrelevant.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 910
Reputation: -1853
yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks
Default

Brain Waters made the Pro Bowl. Uhgggg.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Once Bob gets into his rants about Jerrah, & Parcells, it's like arguing the same things we argued in circles about the last 3 years on this forum. I have no problem calling out draft bust but I'll pass on rehashing the same old stuff.


Anytime I even see the word Parcells on the pages Bob is around. I'd rather talk about the Giants.
AMEN.

For us to win on Sunday, I feel the following players really need to step up.

Newman
Ware
Ratliff
Witten
Free
Smith

Newman has to show up or else Eli will target him all day long. Ware and Ratliff need to get some consistent pressure on Eli and flush him from the pocket and hit him often. Witten hasn't had a big game in a while. He needs to take some pressure off of the WR's and create some seams down the middle of the field. Free and Smith need to stop that pass rush, plain and simple. We cannot let Pierre-Paul go nuts again.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,859
Reputation: 1975849
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I feel ok about Jenkins on Nicks, but nobody can consistently cover Cruz. I'd love to put Scandrick on him pressing at the LOS and have Safety help, but we blitz all out so much it's not likely.


I just hate our secondary. Eli destroyed it when they went into hurry up mode, and quick. Obviously a pass rush stops that, but not expecting Spencer to do much. He's not a bad player but he should be so much more. If we had a 10 sack guy opposite Ware our entire secondary would be better.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:26 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I feel ok about Jenkins on Nicks, but nobody can consistently cover Cruz. I'd love to put Scandrick on him pressing at the LOS and have Safety help, but we blitz all out so much it's not likely.


I just hate our secondary. Eli destroyed it when they went into hurry up mode, and quick. Obviously a pass rush stops that, but not expecting Spencer to do much. He's not a bad player but he should be so much more. If we had a 10 sack guy opposite Ware our entire secondary would be better.
Is there any numbers that shows how many times we blitzed NY last game? I'd be curious to see what percentage of the time we blitzed. Also, we cannot let Jacobs run for 5.3 per carry either. I thought that was HUGE for the Gmen in that game as well.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Because he was last decent organizational memory we have. Rosie, hardly, but much better then everything since. Guarantee you one thing, if Jerry Jones lets go of TO as Parcells wanted -- Parcells stays and we likely win more than 1 playoff game in 4 years.

So for all the talk of quit -- it was Jerry Jones and his slobbering over TO's nuts that did it plus Jerry quit on Parcells b/c he felt at $5MM per year Parcells should have gotten him a SB title.

But for all the BP mistakes, I can point out more successes. Something Jerrah can't. He develops players and that is a very very very rare quality for a Coach (and reason why he was never a great GM IMHO).

So I root for a win and maybe some luck in Round 1 but we get crushed by the Packers or New Orleans if you ask me. Expectations if we get to Round 2 will be too high and this team is mentally weak.
Why do you use TO as the cop out excuse for Parcells leaving? That's not even close to reality!!!

Parcells left because he was getting to old for coaching and there was one thing he always wanted to do and that was to have full control. He was never gonna get that in Dallas. So he left us high and dry for his own selfish reasons. He knew he'd have an opportunity in Miami because he had a tremendously close relationship with Dolphins owner, Wayne Huizenga. It's a complete lie to assume that TO drove Parcells out of Dallas. It even sounds ridiculously funny.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.