Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-28-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why do you use TO as the cop out excuse for Parcells leaving? That's not even close to reality!!!

Parcells left because he was getting to old for coaching and there was one thing he always wanted to do and that was to have full control. He was never gonna get that in Dallas. So he left us high and dry for his own selfish reasons. He knew he'd have an opportunity in Miami because he had a tremendously close relationship with Dolphins owner, Wayne Huizenga. It's a complete lie to assume that TO drove Parcells out of Dallas. It even sounds ridiculously funny.
You got your opinion -- I got mine.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how did everyone become Cowboys fans? I know some of you are Texans and that makes sense, but those of us like myself from Pennsylvania must have a story.

Me personally I grew up about 2 hours west of Philadelphia and I'm a Phillies, Sixers and Flyers fan. I just always remember seeing the Cowboys on TV and fell in love with players like Danny White, Tony Dorsett, Tony Hill, Randy White, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, etc. And additionally, my older brother was a fan and I think he possibly threatened me. :)
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:55 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
So how did everyone become Cowboys fans? I know some of you are Texans and that makes sense, but those of us like myself from Pennsylvania must have a story.

Me personally I grew up about 2 hours west of Philadelphia and I'm a Phillies, Sixers and Flyers fan. I just always remember seeing the Cowboys on TV and fell in love with players like Danny White, Tony Dorsett, Tony Hill, Randy White, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, etc. And additionally, my older brother was a fan and I think he possibly threatened me. :)
First game I remember seeing was the Hail Mary pass.
Old 12-29-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was 6 at the the time, and the first game I witnessed was Super Bowl 27, the 52-17 ass kicking against the Bills. It was glorious! So my first 4 years as a fan we won 3 Super Bowls. I was spoiled.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You can't be a Cowboys fan and a Phillies / Flyers / Sixers fan.

I'm sorry.

If you are a Phillies fan, you root for the Eagles. If you would rather be a Cowboys fan, then you have no right to support the Phillies. You're clearly nothing more than a front-runner.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
You can't be a Cowboys fan and a Phillies / Flyers / Sixers fan.

I'm sorry.

If you are a Phillies fan, you root for the Eagles. If you would rather be a Cowboys fan, then you have no right to support the Phillies. You're clearly nothing more than a front-runner.
I don't see how I'm a front-runner. The Cowboys didn't win **** in the 80's. And all I ever remember is the Cowboys and not the Eagles. I'm not going to root for a team just based on the city their in. I'm not one of the sheep that go to flock because I'm told to do so, sorry!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 12:22 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I absolutely DETEST when people say that fans of a franchise are "frontrunners" due to them jumping on the bandwagon at some point in their history. Whether someone became a fan in 90's(winning years) or the 70's, what does it matter as long as they continue to be fans. I could kind've understand if the Boys had continued to be a winning franchise...but if you hopped on the bandwagon in the 90's, and stayed on until now. You're as much as a fan as anyone else. Right? Lol, the Boy's since the 90's have been pretty mediocre with some heartbreaking losses time and time again. If you stick by a team as mediocre as the Dallas Cowboys...you're a fan through and through. Stop trying to label people "bandwagoners" or "frontrunners", if he was a fan of the Boys in the 90's, then changed to a fan of the Pats in the 00's...then yea, i'd agree..

As far as myself:
Born in San Antonio, TX. Entire family is from SA...dad was a boys fan, his dad was a boys fan, etc, etc.

I now live in MD, and I'll raise my son a Boys fan...even if he never steps foot in Texas(which he will).
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I absolutely DETEST when people say that fans of a franchise are "frontrunners" due to them jumping on the bandwagon at some point in their history. Whether someone became a fan in 90's(winning years) or the 70's, what does it matter as long as they continue to be fans. I could kind've understand if the Boys had continued to be a winning franchise...but if you hopped on the bandwagon in the 90's, and stayed on until now. You're as much as a fan as anyone else. Right? Lol, the Boy's since the 90's have been pretty mediocre with some heartbreaking losses time and time again. If you stick by a team as mediocre as the Dallas Cowboys...you're a fan through and through. Stop trying to label people "bandwagoners" or "frontrunners", if he was a fan of the Boys in the 90's, then changed to a fan of the Pats in the 00's...then yea, i'd agree..

As far as myself:
Born in San Antonio, TX. Entire family is from SA...dad was a boys fan, his dad was a boys fan, etc, etc.

I now live in MD, and I'll raise my son a Boys fan...even if he never steps foot in Texas(which he will).
Ya, what he said!!!
Old 12-29-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
You got your opinion -- I got mine.
Yeah, at least mine is based on facts and an unbiased feeling.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

All my family are die hard 49er fans, but I like the color blue so obviously I had to cheer for the Cowobys! :)

Fell in love in the 90s (before they won those SBs btw) when I started caring about cheering for pro sports. ...and I have an undying loyalty.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:08 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
All my family are die hard 49er fans, but I like the color blue so obviously I had to cheer for the Cowobys! :)

Fell in love in the 90s (before they won those SBs btw) when I started caring about cheering for pro sports. ...and I have an undying loyalty.
Hopefully you don't get called out like I did.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that's already bothering me about this Giants game, is I've been following my sports talk all week and I'm hearing alot about how this game "defines Romo's legacy" as a QB here, this is all on him, and I just don't know how fair that is, or if great QB's are just supposed to overcome any circumstance.

Because alot of QB's have a defense where they know 20 points might win, for us it's more like high 30's. That's asking to play at a high level, mistake free, for that much longer. It's not like we are going against a scrub QB here, and our secondary is alot worse then the Giants.

I guess I would have to see how the game plays out. Romo has lost some games sure, but so has Garrett, the defense, Rob Ryan, among other things. I hate the sound of tying a legacy into one game, because we've seen before he can play great and we still lose. Obviously if he lays an egg that's a different story but he won this type of game vs Philly a few years ago, and beat them again, what's different now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
One thing that's already bothering me about this Giants game, is I've been following my sports talk all week and I'm hearing alot about how this game "defines Romo's legacy" as a QB here, this is all on him, and I just don't know how fair that is, or if great QB's are just supposed to overcome any circumstance.

Because alot of QB's have a defense where they know 20 points might win, for us it's more like high 30's. That's asking to play at a high level, mistake free, for that much longer. It's not like we are going against a scrub QB here, and our secondary is alot worse then the Giants.

I guess I would have to see how the game plays out. Romo has lost some games sure, but so has Garrett, the defense, Rob Ryan, among other things. I hate the sound of tying a legacy into one game, because we've seen before he can play great and we still lose. Obviously if he lays an egg that's a different story but he won this type of game vs Philly a few years ago, and beat them again, what's different now?
I have to agree with you on this one. I haven't heard anyone say this game defines his career but I'm so sick of hearing how "anti-clutch" he is. It's really not true at all and for whatever reason it all started with a fluke play early in his career that had nothing to do with his ability at QB. He's one of the better QB's in the NFL and if I didn't have Eli then Romo would surely be an upgrade. If I'm sick and tired of hearing the Romo talk then I can't even imagine how you guys deal with it now. With all that said I hope he lays a stinker on Sunday night.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:15 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Been a fan since the mid 70s. Roger the Dodger, Captain comeback. He was my favorite player, been a fan every since!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, at least mine is based on facts and an unbiased feeling.
Oh please, if it were not so the opposite of true.

Too many examples to cite on such a peaceful day in my home.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:

While you may hate tying legacy to one play -- the early 80's Cowboys and Danny White have a memo for you. "The Catch." The 1982 Championship Game.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was about 12 years old (1991)and playing Pop Warner Football when it was my time to choose an NFL fave. I was always an offensive lineman and I began to grow an affinity for the Cowboys and the dominating lines which opened up massive holes for Emmitt Smith. Here in New England in the early 90's the Patriots were anything BUT the talk of the town and furthermore my father was a 49ers fan and I was definitely NOT about to choose them. So go ahead and call me a bandwagoner if you will, but I have been loyal Cowboy fan ever since the early nineties. Right here in little Rhode Island.

Last edited by bigmac076 : 12-29-2011 at 03:19 PM.
bigmac076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I think this could be a defining game for the current regime, not necessarily Romo all himself.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Football has always been my life, played it as much as i could, and i've been a loyal fan since i was five years old, thanks to my dad. I remember our last three superbowls, with the one in 95 most vividly. I remember that day, a family member was having a birthday party and all my family went except for me and my dad because i wanted to stay back to watch the Superbowl. I was eight years old and i already knew that game was more important than anything else that day.
Old 12-29-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
I think this could be a defining game for the current regime, not necessarily Romo all himself.
I agree but not so much for JG IMHO but Ware, Ratliff, Spencer, Witten, Romo, Newman, Bradie, Spears, Kosier ....... these are the VETs who have around for all the ups and downs and they need to be the ones in the clubhouse to get the team prepared to WIN. They are also the core BP guys he developed sooooooooo...........

But if the team pulls another 2009, I really can see a major rebuilding effort going forward with all these guys being on the hot spot, especially Romo but not only so IMHO. These VETs have been a major part of the lost opportunities and screw ups of the last 6 years.

Weather should be fine Sunday so no excuses there it seems.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was born in 85, and I live in Dallas like I have my whole life. I always root for the home team, bug growing up in the 90's made becoming a Cowboy fan much easier.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was born in 85, and I live in Dallas like I have my whole life. I always root for the home team, bug growing up in the 90's made becoming a Cowboy fan much easier.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

OT: Anyone see Dez is being sued (again) for not paying his bills (again)?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-sued-again/

Guess he changed agents to see if he can get some sucker money from him. But as someone wrote "If this were about Tom Brady, the story would be about how Tom wants more money so he can donate to more charities all over the world." .... or better yet another classic "but you know how it is. Too many people are just waiting for Dez to do anything so they can talk about how he's wasting his talent"

LOL! Nothing to see here. Move along!

I can already see Section 8 Housing and Food Stamps in Dez's future. Everything he touches turns to ka-ka. He has this Mike Tyson thing about him.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 12-29-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nicks is injured this game, hamstring, so he'll be hampered. Should devote our attention to Cruz this game and try to man up Jenkins on Nicks. Was thinking about going to Austin for New Years, maybe I'll get a room another night to watch the game out there. Pumped for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:42 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
OT: Anyone see Dez is being sued (again) for not paying his bills (again)?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...nt-sued-again/

Guess he changed agents to see if he can get some sucker money from him. But as someone wrote "If this were about Tom Brady, the story would be about how Tom wants more money so he can donate to more charities all over the world." .... or better yet another classic "but you know how it is. Too many people are just waiting for Dez to do anything so they can talk about how he's wasting his talent"

LOL! Nothing to see here. Move along!

I can already see Section 8 Housing and Food Stamps in Dez's future. Everything he touches turns to ka-ka. He has this Mike Tyson thing about him.
YAWN, anyone else bored