Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-07-2007, 09:59 AM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
I'm going for the Chargers now this playoffs, how about ya'll.
i'm going for the saints. they're former cowboys anyway
cowboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano
Carpenter played very very good yesterday. He had 4 PD, a couple of QB hurried and he made some plays vs the run..
Someone said we need another pass rusher, but give Carpenter time.. He had to make the transition from 4-3 OLB to 3-4 OLB.. Give him another off-season, he's gonna be a huge player for us..
And about SOLB an WOLB, I really don't care.. Pittsburgh uses their OLB in different ways, Porter and Haggans switch position many times during the game.. That's what we need to do, both Carpenter and Ware are able to play both position..
Ware hasn't reach his potential as a pass rusher but he has 11.5 sack for the season and a lot of hurries...
I like all this, but what do you propose we do with Ellis? Just sit him?
I want him lining up as a DE in the nickel and play some snaps as OLB..like 10 a game... But I think that he really wants to play a bigger role..

And what about Chris Canty? He played very well yesterday too. He had like 7 tackles, he stepped up in the last two game sof the season..
He was playing like a man possesed in preseason and in the first weeks of the season.. We need to play with more consistency, I'm really high on him..

BTW, wow 18 weeks has passed since the season started.. And now football is over for a long time :(

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:31 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces
oh and here an article today by jj taylor

This game might have been the last in Parcells' Hall of Fame career. Perhaps, Jerry Jones will want a change after four seasons with Parcells, a 34-32 overall record and no playoff victories. After all, Parcells doesn't make it fun for Jones to come to work because the coach demands so much control. Jones understood the rules when he hired Parcells and respects them, but winning would make it easier to work within the parameters Parcells has established.
LOL. Media spin about Parcells wanting Control. Just crazy. Last I checked the HC should have control of the team during the season.

Jerry, the fake botox GM, is supposed to do Player Personnel. Liek getting TO and Vanderjerk.

The fact Jerry is not having fun because he can dial up a HC or Coordinator and call a play is more indicative of how dumb Jerry is and an indicator of how biased the Dasllas media is.

BTW, article is a day or so old. BP Haters all say the same thing inspite of the facts.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble
I like how Bill Parcells should be fired because his tenure has been a waste of time.

3 years prior to Parcells: 15-33, No playoffs
4 years with Parcells: 34-32, Two playoff berths

Yeah, he's pretty terrible in taking pretty much the same team that Dave Campo gave him and turning it into a 10-6 record.

Plus, NO OTHER COACHES OUT THERE ARE EVEN CLOSE TO AS GOOD AS PARCELLS!
Worst yet he has been the only Coach that can control Jerry a little bit on draft day and in FA period. Otherwise, just look at Jerry's draft and FA record from 1994 to 2004 as well as Weak HC he likes.

LOL. Jerry needs a strong strong HC to tame his idiotic tendencies.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

The irony of this board's fans is they perceive replacing BP is absolutely needed and the grass is greener.

The same folks don't want to replace Bradie or Roy (hey just 1 is great!) because it costs too much to the cap.

First time in Football, I have ever seen such a line of thinking.

Very small, incremental thinking on personnel but DRASTIC on coaching and even more so drastic given the GM/Owner situation.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:49 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Quote:
the reason he didnt get anybody for the 3-4 is because we werent running it....duh!
That is a stupid statement and not a true one. As usual BP haters make it up to deflect critique of others.
first of all it is a true statement. we were running a 4-3 bills first 2 years. 2nd of all im not a parcells hater but you are a parcells apoligest. as i said earlier (which you didnt respond to because you know its true) parcells has been apart of every draft and the reason we passed on steven jackson is because parcells considered the backs in that draft very close in talent and they took jj and recieved another 1st round pick. to blame our drafts/free agents all on jerry is just stupid. bill has been here 4 years and after 4 years you would have to say it has been a failure. am i right? yes the overall talent is better but the results are not. thats the bottom line. results! 3rd of all thrule is correct we have been talking about issues on this board long before you got here and for you to think your bringing anything up we havent already descussed, well your sadly mistaken. thats why most if not all the long time posters on here dont like you. you think you know it all and are bringing up new ideas, which the only new ones you do bring up are the ones regarding trading half the team and are just dumb. nobody on here that i can remember has said hey your right cowboysforever thats a great idea. mostly everybody is arguing with you and your always defending yourself. the reason.....because your wrong or your bringing up already discussed topics. i know how much you like to pat yourself on the back and telling everybody what a know it all you are and how you do this for a living blah blah blah. nobody wants to hear it. it is true you want to run this team as if it were madden. you dont want to hear it but we dont want to hear you either.
Parcells has been a part of everything. That statement is true but a false straw man. It is like saying the guy screwing on a bolt on to a wheel at GM is part of GM's Car Making Problems. Yeah, sort of.

Parcells did not have any serious influence in the first two drafts. For a guy YOU THINK has so much control that Jerry is upset, BP sure has a funny way of showing it.

Taking T New over K Williams was all Jerry and not BP. No 3-4 Front Seven for BP in that draft.

Trading a 1 for a 2 and future 1 is classic Jimmy Johson think that Jerry loves. Not only that, BP does not have a history of wheeling dealing. Again, no 3-4 Front Seven for BP in that draft either.

Two years straight where BP get nothing. Nice level of control huh?

With that said, the Cowboys stated rational of Jones being as good as Jackson is true but given BP likes big backs makes you wonder what BP would have done without Jerry.

My read, Jones was so proud of himself after that trade that he beemed. I saw ESPN too. It was like back in the Jimmy Johson hey days.

Jones + Spears may end up being better than Jackson but right now..... ug.

Regardless, I am pointing this out not to dispute the trade bad or good but to state CLEARLY that BP was not in control of the draft or draft process until 2005.

On me and Madden, never played it. I like to think out of the box to solve big problem. Incremental thinking never works. Cowboys have some good players that need a new system and we should avoid losing them to FA by trading them.

So, anyway. I argue cuz you guys like to pretend you are GMs. You are not. Its a blog!! Have fun. This is where wild ideas actually have a chance of seeding a GM's mind.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

I think it is time for Roy to make the Thomas Davis switch to LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:03 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Number 10 -- you and I argue a lot -- but you are right that Roy at SS is a non-starter. Problem is he is not a 3-4 WOLB.

But don't say that he stinks here. The Roy Williams apologists are blaming the coaching.

Won't take 15 minutes to get 20 rebutals calling you a fool and telling you that he has a big contract and can't be traded to a team that can use his talents.

I think there are at least 7 teams I can name that could use him as a WOLB in their system.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Number 10 -- you and I argue a lot -- but you are right that Roy at SS is a non-starter. Problem is he is not a 3-4 WOLB.

But don't say that he stinks here. The Roy Williams apologists are blaming the coaching.

Won't take 15 minutes to get 20 rebutals calling you a fool and telling you that he has a big contract and can't be traded to a team that can use his talents.

I think there are at least 7 teams I can name that could use him as a WOLB in their system.
How big is his contract? Is he really untradeable? This year's cap expansion may allow for a drastic move. But even if the Cowboys were to move to a 4-3, I don't think it would help Roy's game if he stays at safety regardless of how bad anyone thinks the coaching has been.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As a side note did anyone see Kyle Kosier flip the bird on camera last night after his illegal hands to the face penalty?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:

This game might have been the last in Parcells' Hall of Fame career. Perhaps, Jerry Jones will want a change after four seasons with Parcells, a 34-32 overall record and no playoff victories. After all, Parcells doesn't make it fun for Jones to come to work because the coach demands so much control. Jones understood the rules when he hired Parcells and respects them, but winning would make it easier to work within the parameters Parcells has established.
LOL. Media spin about Parcells wanting Control. Just crazy. Last I checked the HC should have control of the team during the season.

Jerry, the fake botox GM, is supposed to do Player Personnel. Liek getting TO and Vanderjerk.

The fact Jerry is not having fun because he can dial up a HC or Coordinator and call a play is more indicative of how dumb Jerry is and an indicator of how biased the Dasllas media is.

BTW, article is a day or so old. BP Haters all say the same thing inspite of the facts.
Can you even mention the name Jerry Jones without mentioning the word botox?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How big is his contract? Is he really untradeable? This year's cap expansion may allow for a drastic move. But even if the Cowboys were to move to a 4-3, I don't think it would help Roy's game if he stays at safety regardless of how bad anyone thinks the coaching has been.
I agree. Not untradable. Requires finding teams with needs in a 4-3. Preferably a blitzing 4-3 that needs a WOLB.

Here is the data:

Cowboys re-signed strong safety Roy Williams to a four-year, $25 million contract that includes an $11 million signing bonus

And to your very very smart point, the increase in cap is going to blow up everyone contracts. His contract maybe considered modest by June.

Roy is not a safety. Nothing safe about him.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
As a side note did anyone see Kyle Kosier flip the bird on camera last night after his illegal hands to the face penalty?
Ya.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Can you even mention the name Jerry Jones without mentioning the word botox?
How about JBJ?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think to get more pressure on the QB, we should mix up the DEs even more. That keeps them fresh, keeps the defense confused, and that way Coleman and Hatcher can help us get more pressure on the QB. I would also like to see a little more of Ratliff at NT. In short, I think rotation on the D-Line should help us get more penetration.

On another note, I do somewhat agree with cowboysforever on one thing. Bradie needs to loose weight. Not too much, but 5-10 lbs would be nice. Roy, too. I'd like to see him down 5-10 lbs. With them being a bit lighter, hopefully, they would get a bit faster.

Also, with McQuistan being active for the last few games of the season, and Parcells praising him for doing well, and his new role on special teams, I wouldn't be surprised if BP had some plans for him in the near future. I'm not saying he's our starting LT next season, but I think BP is going to start to try and mold him into that future LT. We might have something with him.

Also, I'd like to talk about RB. I think with Austin's progression as a KR, Tyson Thompson value decreases. I would be surprised to see us nab a RB on the 2nd day and cut Thompson.

Also, have we resigned Crayton yet, I can't remember.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
I think to get more pressure on the QB, we should mix up the DEs even more. That keeps them fresh, keeps the defense confused, and that way Coleman and Hatcher can help us get more pressure on the QB. I would also like to see a little more of Ratliff at NT. In short, I think rotation on the D-Line should help us get more penetration.

On another note, I do somewhat agree with cowboysforever on one thing. Bradie needs to loose weight. Not too much, but 5-10 lbs would be nice. Roy, too. I'd like to see him down 5-10 lbs. With them being a bit lighter, hopefully, they would get a bit faster.

Also, with McQuistan being active for the last few games of the season, and Parcells praising him for doing well, and his new role on special teams, I wouldn't be surprised if BP had some plans for him in the near future. I'm not saying he's our starting LT next season, but I think BP is going to start to try and mold him into that future LT. We might have something with him.

Also, I'd like to talk about RB. I think with Austin's progression as a KR, Tyson Thompson value decreases. I would be surprised to see us nab a RB on the 2nd day and cut Thompson.

Thank you Staubach for the kind words on Roy and Bradie. At minimum, that is a place to start with those two. I prefer trade but realistically only Roy has some value.

I agree DL is the one place I don't think we need more bodies or an upgrade. Just need patience. You are right.

McQ is interesting but what do you do with Flo? A 6"7 Guard? Cut? Trade?

Austin can start at WR next year if he works hard. We have only seen small pictures of him. He has all the tools to be above average. He is faster than TO at this point too. I think between Hurd and Crayton we have the 3rd WR.

I have proposed strongly we try to find Julius a new home via trade and move Barber and Thompson to 1 and 2.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Jdallas
Pro Bowler

Jdallas hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

The D-line rotation is something that we used last year and it was very effective. I can understand why we couldn't rotate at NT as much without a true backup, but would have liked to see us rotate the DEs more. We need a high energy backup NT to play a few series in the game and also contribute in the nickel package.

I like Bradie's weight where it is, but Roy has had to lose some weight for a while now. Every time he's in bad position it seems like he's trying to hard to make a play or do too much and he gets caught in bad position. Roy is a good enough athlete to cover in this league, but he needs someone to wake him up and get him more focused on playing disciplined football.

McQuistan looked the part of a franchise LT in the preseason, but because he didn't take over for Flozell this year everyone here just gave up on him and decided he was a bust. He has a ton of potential and wouldn't be surprised to see him competing for a starting spot in next years training camp.

While Thompsons value as a kick returner is somewhat diminished with how well Austin has played don't forget that he's a pretty good RB himself. He is very good at running the ball and only needs to work on the mental part of his game to get better. I don't see why you would want to replace him even if he doesn't return kicks next year. He'll get a couple carries in almost all the games next year, we already had a couple of plays designed just for him this year. Also, don't forget that we still need a backup KR just in case and that Austin might have a bigger role at WR next year.

Desings by D-Unit
Jdallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

I am watching the NY Jets play football and it is such a pleasure to see a 3-4 being run with fast players. The FS and SS are everywhere on the field. The ILB are in the back field. WOW.

To JJ, Bradie is too slow. Roy is a lard ass too. Both needs to lose weight.

Only one team running 3-4 has such a fattie at ILB and that is Andra Davis in Cleveland. But he was brought in by Butch to be a 4-3 MLB. He is slow too.

Bradie ran a 4.68 at 238 in the combine. He ain't 4.68 at 250++.

At SS, no 3-4 team has 230 lb Safety. As fat as they come is Harrison at 220 and he is like 6"1 -- so an inch taller and ten pounds lighter.

Roy ran a 4.53 40 in the combine at 219 lbs. He ain't 4.5 at 230++.

This where BP is at fault in being so nuts about size when speed is a big component.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cowboysforever, why do you feel the need to keep repeating yourself? youve stated 1000 times you dont like roy or brady and posted the reasons why. we get it. move on. they will be here next year like it or not so just drop it.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
cowboysforever, why do you feel the need to keep repeating yourself? youve stated 1000 times you dont like roy or brady and posted the reasons why. we get it. move on. they will be here next year like it or not so just drop it.
Well, repitition works in football. It will have its effect here too.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whats going to work? bp and jj going to read your post and do what you say?
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
whats going to work? bp and jj going to read your post and do what you say?
Well, same goes for you too.

With that said, good points made early in a process and repeated ad nauseum help form opinions and those opinions get repeated and repeated.

So hey.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ThaU4Life

Quote:
haha I saw that
Old 01-07-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft Day...now

We know wwere we are picking now...so what do you think we go after.....another LB or DL or the OL>>>>>>>>>>>>>

How about Griffith Safety from Texas.........Do u think Jarrett could fall.....that far....................................HOw about the RB from CAL....?
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
mat33
Rookie

mat33 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Do we have a shot at these guys, you ask.
Griffith: maybe
Jarrett: No
Lynch: Hell No
mat33 is offline   Reply With Quote