Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-01-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
So where is LL, Pocket, D to tell me I am over reacting and have no clue. Blah blah.

Do folks here still think we are a "few players away?"

I mean how many collapses do you experience with the same core VETs before you say to yourself ... new direction?
Go buy Madden. You can do what you want. The rest of us like to focus on reality and trading Dez, Romo, Witten, Austin, Ware, Jenkins, Isnt reality! You just dont get it but keep repeating yourself!

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So where is LL, Pocket, D to tell me I am over reacting and have no clue. Blah blah.

Do folks here still think we are a "few players away?"

I mean how many collapses do you experience with the same core VETs before you say to yourself ... new direction?
The offense isn't far away. Tyron should be able to move to LT and Free back to RT. Draft a center in the 3rd round, and bring in a free agent OG, and I'd say you have the makings of a very nice offense.

The defense needs a ton of help. Definitely not a quick fix. Safety, CB, DE, OLB, and NT all need help.
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Go buy Madden. You can do what you want. The rest of us like to focus on reality and trading Dez, Romo, Witten, Austin, Ware, Jenkins, Isnt reality! You just dont get it but keep repeating yourself!
Only person repeating themselves are you guys thinking the players we have are any good. We have some piss poor "Star" players. W went 8-8 playing a last place schedule practically versus and AFC division with three mediocre/bad teams.

And if you care to comprehend, I am proposing restarting the process. That means you trade what you can, when you can for picks.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 01-01-2012 at 10:55 PM.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
The offense isn't far away. Tyron should be able to move to LT and Free back to RT. Draft a center in the 3rd round, and bring in a free agent OG, and I'd say you have the makings of a very nice offense.

The defense needs a ton of help. Definitely not a quick fix. Safety, CB, DE, OLB, and NT all need help.
We need 2 Guards, a Center, a RB, and a new TE ... you kidding?

And given what I have seen of FREE is he really strong enough to play RT and is Tyron quick enough to play LT?

Our division is pretty rough on tackles. Orakpo, Kerrigen, Cole, Babin, JPP, Osi ..... pretty impressive.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 01-01-2012 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Only person repeating themselves are you guys thinking the players we have are any good.

We have some piss poor "Star" players.

And if you care to comprehend, I am proposing restarting the process. That means you trade what you can, when you can for picks.
Not going anywhere either so....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 01-01-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We need 2 Guards, a Center, a RB, and a new TE ... you kidding?

And given what I have seen of FREE is he really strong enough to play RT and is Tyron quick enough to play LT?

Our division is pretty rough on tackles. Orakpo, Kerrigen, Cole, Babin, JPP, Osi ..... pretty impressive.
You can't just replace a whole team.

Did you really ask if Tyron is quick enough to play LT?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:00 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Not going anywhere either so....
Not asking you to leave, just telling you the guys you really like on this team -- are not very good.

Sensy sucks
TNew sucks
Bradie sucks
Both starting DE suck.
Spencer sucks.
Ratliff is ineffectual in a 3-4
Ball sucks
Scandrick sucks

Lee, Elam, Ware are the only players worth keeping. Jenkins seems always injured and plays really dumb alot. That is a ton of work to fix it.

Then add the interior OL which I am shocked improved not a whit during the year. We have no RB that can stay healthy. Our TE make no big plays and are average blockers.

Add that we lack team speed in general.

This team is 2-3 draft and FA periods away from anything.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With 14th overall I take DeCastro and don't think twice. Our o-line would instantly become excellent.

We need to make 2 major signings in FA in the secondary. Griffin/Landry and Grimes,Thomas PLEASE.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
You can't just replace a whole team.

Did you really ask if Tyron is quick enough to play LT?
I am not sure Tyron has the feet but they can't be worse then Free.

Also not sure FREE is strong enough for RT.

Remember, Free's selling point was he had great feet ... not great strength.

He looked awful all year long.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

I am guessing we can't ban people for being idiots?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:02 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
With 14th overall I take DeCastro and don't think twice. Our o-line would instantly become excellent.

We need to make 2 major signings in FA in the secondary. Griffin/Landry and Grimes,Thomas PLEASE.
We have Elam and Sensy signed. Sensy made no sense. He sucks. I don't think we go Safety at all. Too much money unless we cut Sensy IMHO and take the cap hit. Right???

Any position of need is good for me. Guard is great. He is the best one maybe since Hutch came out of Michigan.

But we should have FA space this year.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 01-01-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
I am guess we can't ban people for being idiots?
Children today only like debate when everyone agrees. Disappointing the illiberal bent of allegedly open minded people.

Diversity of thought is much more important then any other diversity "dogma" you may have chewed on in skroool.

Last edited by yanksknicks : 01-01-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:04 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have Elam and Sensy signed. Sensy made no sense. He sucks.
Actually no, Elam is a FA. Didn't sign him. Hes a JAG.

We actually have the 13th pick if the source I saw was correct.... trade up for RG3 anyone?
Old 01-01-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:

We actually have the 13th pick if the source I saw was correct.... trade up for RG3 anyone?
Not me, not an RG3 fan. Hate small QB.

Elam maybe a JAG but in comparison to Sensy he is brilliant.

New draft same nees as always, S, ILB, NT, G/C, RB ... and now we need to add CB.
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I like interior line in round 1 a lot. It will depend on what we get in fa. If we address ol in fa, then it's pass rushers and corners in the draft and vice versa.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not me, not an RG3 fan. Hate small QB.

Elam maybe a JAG but in comparison to Sensy he is brilliant.

New draft same nees as always, S, ILB, NT, G/C, RB ... and now we need to add CB.
We need to make moves in FA. Who would be your priorities?
Crimson79
Rookie

Quote:

No QB is going to look good behind a patch work OL.

We should take the best pass rusher available, then go DB in the 2nd round.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not asking you to leave, just telling you the guys you really like on this team -- are not very good.

Sensy sucks
TNew sucks
Bradie sucks
Both starting DE suck.
Spencer sucks.
Ratliff is ineffectual in a 3-4
Ball sucks
Scandrick sucks

Lee, Elam, Ware are the only players worth keeping. Jenkins seems always injured and plays really dumb alot. That is a ton of work to fix it.

Then add the interior OL which I am shocked improved not a whit during the year. We have no RB that can stay healthy. Our TE make no big plays and are average blockers.

Add that we lack team speed in general.

This team is 2-3 draft and FA periods away from anything.
Wasnt talking about me leaving. I was saying our "stars" arent going anywhere. None of the guys you listed as "sucks" are stars so thats a start

Old 01-01-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No QB is going to look good behind a patch work OL.

We should take the best pass rusher available, then go DB in the 2nd round.
I agree. This D is horrible

Old 01-01-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

So indeed we have the 14 pick. If we don't take DeCastro (of course assuming he is still on the board) I will break something.

Also, if anyone was just watching the post game show on DC.com the audio was messed up and it was hilarious.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:20 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
We need to make moves in FA. Who would be your priorities?
Good ? but I need an FA list to figure out how to patch that together with a draft.

I do think you need to work both at the same time. If the draft is weak in an area of need use FA, if the DRAFT is deep in an area then look at other FA areas.

Iterative process.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Wasnt talking about me leaving. I was saying our "stars" arent going anywhere. None of the guys you listed as "sucks" are stars so thats a start
Pocket seriously, how many times do I need to see Bradie's lack of speed kill us in coverage? Or Spencer taking bad angles and having no gap control? or our DE getting stood up at the line and getting no pressure? Or Ratliff shooting a gap and running into a team mate? TNew playing 10 yards away from a slow WR? Sensy being 2 steps too late on a deep route? Jenkins hot dogging a play? Scandrik not being able to play the ball? Ball being 5 yards behind a WR? Repeated off sides.

... Maddening to see this D play. It really is a cast of dumb players who are unable to correct themselves or improve.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Disagree, this game turned on the 3rd down were Newman allows a 18th round TE to leap over him and get the first down. 2 plays later Newman again blows donkey c**k and Cruz scores.
That's it.
If Newman keeps his eyes open and his head up, at the very least he could have held the 4th string slow TE up for a second til help arrived.
But like most DBs do these days, he closed his eyes and ducked his head down and hoped the guy would fall into/over him. He didn't. That play was very significant.

Then the 2 gift fumbles the Giants tried to offer up, but the idiots were simply unable to fall on a ******* free ball.

Games like this, you have to capitalize on those opportunities.

I don't know why the Cowboys keep choking like this.... so tight. It's not the same coaches as when they did under the Big Tuna, and under Golly-gee Wade.

Seems like they just get tight for whatever reason, and they play like **** in the big clutch moments.

BTW, I don't disagree with the decision to go for it where Romo got stopped on the sneak, but the execution was simply girlish, both by the OL and Romo there. Need more effort for one yard there.

And that long pass to Cruz was part luck, and part horseshit awareness by Scandrick.

There are a lot of bad DB's in the NFL these days, all around the league.
See NE, GB, Detroit, Minnesota, San Diego, Carolina, etc....
Old 01-01-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So indeed we have the 14 pick. If we don't take DeCastro (of course assuming he is still on the board) I will break something.

Also, if anyone was just watching the post game show on DC.com the audio was messed up and it was hilarious.
There's a reason why Guards don't go that high in the draft, I like DeCastro but that would be an awful way to spend the 14th pick. There's not much difference in the return you'd get on a Guard at 14 vs a Guard in Round 2 or 3. Guards in the 1st are luxury picks, a luxury we can't afford if you've been paying attention to the **** we've been putting out on defense.

We need to come away with an impact player; DL, CB or OLB.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 01-01-2012 at 11:30 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Good ? but I need an FA list to figure out how to patch that together with a draft.

I do think you need to work both at the same time. If the draft is weak in an area of need use FA, if the DRAFT is deep in an area then look at other FA areas.

Iterative process.
I agree. On the bright side, there are some things to be happy about.

1. This team finally got exposed of it's flaws. Some core players this team won't let go of will finally be cut (Newman, James, Brooking) and changes will come about. Hopefully Campo and DeCamillis get the shaft. Anything different will help.

2. I know it's thinking like a loser, but we did get the 3rd place schedule in the east because the eagles finish ahead of us on head to head tie breaker.

3. We get the 14th pick in the draft, which isn't half bad.

Next year is ours for the taking. Get a full off-season in Rob Ryan's defense, have a full weight program under Woicik, and hopefully put together a good draft with some key free agents and we should be a legit contender next season.