Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-04-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyFan73 View Post
is that Kowaski guy any good? I know he was thrown in a RG but I is listed at center. Somebody has to be better than Costa
I actually thought Kowalski looked better than Costa when he was in there. Obviously, the coaches felt otherwise.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I actually thought Kowalski looked better than Costa when he was in there. Obviously, the coaches felt otherwise.
This is intriguing. Like almost all of our lineman, Kowalski needs to get stronger. On the other hand though, he does have some good physical tools. In some of Broaddus' write up's he stated that Kowalski might be better than Costa in the long run. The problem with Costa is that he has t-rex arms. They are abnormally short for someone who is 6'3'' and 300+ pounds. Kowalski doesn't have that problem. He's longer, he just needs to add strength. Having them swap roles this off-season wouldn't be a bad idea if Kowalski can add the required bulk.

On the bright side, at the very least they will all make very good back-ups who you can win games with if a starter goes down for a few weeks. We haven't had that kind of depth in a while.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
CowboyFan73
Rookie

CowboyFan73 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thank you. As for now Kolwaski can be a stop gap until 2013 draft.
CowboyFan73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a running back like Dan Herron is available in the 5th round, I wouldn't mind going that route. I would like a back that we can trust to carry the load if DeMarco and Felix are banged up. A sturdy guy who can get the tough yards, athletic enough to make a play or two, and durable. You can usually find that around the 5th round. Tashard Choice for example, before he checked out mentally lol. I like Tanner's upside, but he isn't an ironman himself and he still has a big jump as far as level of competition.

Looking at the position of our first 3 picks, (14, 46, 78) it looks like there should be good value for the positions we need in the 2nd and 3rd round in CB, S, OL, and a true NT. What i'm worried about is the 1st rounder. The only player that fills a need and has the value of 14 is DeCastro. Unless a 3-4 OLB separates himself from the pack at the combine and post-season workouts/all star games, if DeCastro is off the board I'm all for a trade down for someone like Konz and picking up another 3rd. We could use another 3rd.

Guys like Mercilus scare me, and scream bust. 1 year wonder coming out as a junior, with freakish athleticism that doesn't match production (in his first 2 years) always has major bust potential. I'm not saying he can't be a good NFL player, but with the situation of this roster we need to hit on our draft picks. I'd rather be safe with a player like DeCastro or trade down than reach for someone who is a project, become a bust and our roster is set back because of it. This team isn't in the talent happy squad with the "luxury" of taking any player regardless of position we thought we were a few years ago. Look at the 2010 draft. Dez with the character concerns and not that big of a need at WR, and Sean Lee coming off a torn ACL. Sure they were both great picks and hopefully perennial pro-bowlers for us in the future, but we can't take that chance with the current make-up of the roster.

What this team needs is solid, sturdy football players. We've always had the flash, but have been short on substance. It's time to get guys who don't come off the field, and are just plain old football players. Hence why I really want DeCastro. We need a CB who will probably be a diva lol, but I want to start getting some guys who just put the pads on and play.

EDIT: After watching the Orange Bowl, Irvin is a good player but not worth the 14th pick at all. He had a nice play on that come from behind force fumble, but that is also the exact same player Spencer made on freeman a month ago against the bucs. And he is wayyyy to small to be a 3 down player. If he's there in the 2nd, hell yeah. 14 would be the biggest reach of the 1st round.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-04-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Wait a mother f*cking minute....

MARIO WILLIAMS IS A FREE AGENT!

STOP EVERYTHING AND THROW THE BANK AT HIM!
Old 01-04-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Wait a mother f*cking minute....

MARIO WILLIAMS IS A FREE AGENT!

STOP EVERYTHING AND THROW THE BANK AT HIM!
Crazy talk.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah while I'm a big fan of Super Mario, I do wonder how he would fit scheme wise. Although having another pass rusher from the front wouldn't hurt at all in terms of getting to the QB.

The problem is that we would need to throw the bank at him to obtain him. And there are far too many holes for a DE to fix them in one big hit.(although there is something to be said for it... It worked partially for the Bears)
Old 01-05-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Yeah while I'm a big fan of Super Mario, I do wonder how he would fit scheme wise. Although having another pass rusher from the front wouldn't hurt at all in terms of getting to the QB.

The problem is that we would need to throw the bank at him to obtain him. And there are far too many holes for a DE to fix them in one big hit.(although there is something to be said for it... It worked partially for the Bears)
Mario played 3-4 OLB this year for wade before he got hurt. He had 5 sacks in 5 starts.

Obviously I'm just throwing ideas at the wall here and hoping one sticks. The chances we land Mario are probably 2 percent. But wow would that transform our defense. He's the run stuffer Spencer is if not better, and probably as close to a pass rusher as DeMarcus as we are gonna get and he's only 26. Not to mention that would severely hinder offenses because they have to game plan for both.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if you have a chance to land a talent like Mario, screw the 'scheme'. We need someone else that can get to the QB; he would more than fit the bill.

But of course, it's going to cost a ton of money. If it would handicap our ability to fill other holes, it's probably best to move on.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
CowboyFan73
Rookie

Ok. This is CowboyFan73 first crack as GM. I know some will disagree and some will think I was playing a game of madden. This is a collection of ideas that some people has came up but makes sense even though some may dispute the idea. Its lengthy.

1. Making decisions on the following free agents:

Unrestricted Free Agents
Alan Ball, CB: Cowboys need let him walk and lock the door behind him.

Martellus Bennett, TE: Cowboys should shove him out the door and barricade it shut behind him.

Keith Brooking, LB: Dallas can’t afford to bring the 36-year-old as a backup.

Derrick Dockery, LG: Cowboys should only re-sign Dockery if he’ll take a minimum contract. Youngsters like Kevin Kowalski, David Arkin and Bill Nagy are taking over this offensive line.

Abram Elam, S: Made a huge impact at safety in first season in Dallas. Cowboys would be crazy to let Elam walk.

Montrae Holland, LG: Cowboys should hang on to Holland until young offensive linemen are proven.

Jon Kitna, QB: The 39-year-old’s NFL career is over with back problems. Kitna deserved better.

Daniel Loper, LG: There’s no reason to keep Loper unless the Cowboys aren’t confident in young offensive linemen.

Mat McBriar, P: Cowboys must keep close eye on McBriar’s surgery. Dallas should bring him back if he recovers or move on with rookie Chris Jones if he doesn’t.

Sammy Morris,RB: He made a huge impact in just three games in 2011. Cowboys should bring him back if there’s enough space for four running backs on the active roster.

Laurent Robinson, WR: The Cowboys absolutely cannot let Robinson get away. He’s way too valuable and current receivers Miles Austin and Dez Bryant are too injury-prone for Robinson to walk.

Anthony Spencer, LB: The Cowboys should bring back Spencer unless a much better option falls in Dallas’ lap. Spencer hasn’t been great, but he was a lot better in 2011.

Frank Walker, CB: Unless the Cowboys can’t come up with four new cornerbacks, Dallas should let Walker test the market before offering him a new deal.

Bradie James, LB: Like Brooking, James can’t be re-signed as a backup. His only value is stopping the run; he can’t pass cover to save his life. James’ time in Dallas is up.

Restricted Free Agents

Kevin Ogletree, WR: Ogletree made some strides in 2011, but he can’t be re-signed for big money. He’ll have to take less cash to stay in Big D.

Tony Fiammetta, FB: Jerry Jones has to throw the kitchen sink at Fiammetta. This fullback is the key to DeMarco Murray’s success and Dallas absolutely has to bring him back for as long as possible.

Chauncey Washington, RB: The only way Washington comes back is on the practice squad. ?????

Exclusive Rights Free Agents

Clifton Geathers, DE: If it works out, great. Otherwise, Geathers can find work elsewhere.

Jeremy Parnell, OT: Parnell will have to take a minimum contract to come back to Dallas. He can’t be re-signed to a big deal to be a backup.

Jesse Holley, WR: Holley has earned the right for a decent contract. He could easily be the No. 4 receiver on this team and even the No. 3 if Robinson leaves.

http://www.rantsports.com/dallas-cow...ho-to-rescind/

2. Release the following players under contract:

Terrence Newman, CB; David Buechler, K; Kyle Kosier, OG; Marcus Spears, DE; Kenyon Coleman, DE; Orlando Scandrick, CB

Either the production doesn’t justify the pay or roster spot (Buechler, Scandrick, Spears, and Coleman); or father time has or will catch up ; over 30 (Newman, Kosier)

3. First day of Free Agency AGGRESSIVELY go after the following players:
a. William G A Y, CB
b. Cortland Finnegan, CB
c. Paul Soliai, NT

4. Move the following players into new positions:
a. Switch tackles Tyron Smith, OT and Doug Free, OT
b. Move Jay Ratliff, NT to Defensive End, preferring the right side to utilize his speed.

5. Draft Day:

(this is where I catch my grief)
Trade, Tony Romo (turns 32: Apr 21, 2012) with (1st and 2nd) 2013 round pick to Miami for 8th pick (referenced the Carson Palmer trade)

1st round: Trade 8th pick and 14th pick to Tampa Bay for 5th pick; select Robert Griffin III, taking him from Washington Redskins.

2nd round: Kevin Zeitler, OG- I've had Zeitler penciled in as our 2nd Rounder for a while now because it just makes too much sense to me. He's a Day 1 starter at a huge position of need, and I'm much more a fan of drafting interior OL in the 2nd as opposed to the 1st. (TheFinisher's 2012 Off-Season Plan) Page 950.

3rd round: Alex Okafor, OLB – if he declares. 6’4” 260 4.62 40time.

4th round: Nicolas Jean-Baptiste, NT – with Soliai with the starting role at NT, move Jean-Baptiste to left defensive end position, giving a Baltimore Ravens type flavor with 690 lbs covering one side of the offense, giving Sean Lee, Bruce Carter and Okafor free rein on the quarterback.

5th round: either Travis Lewis, ILB (Oklahoma) or Tank Carder, ILB (TCU) for depth purposes with the departure of Brookings and James

6th round: any Cornerback/special teams player for depth

7th round: any Safety for depth

2012 Dallas Cowboys Depth Chart:

QB- RG3(R), McGee
RB- Murray, Jones, Tanner
FB- Fiametta
TE- Witten, Phillips
WR- Austin, Bryant, Robinson, Ogletree, Holley/Harris
LT- T. Smith, Parnell
LG- Nagy, Arkin
C- Kowalski, Costa
RG- Zeitler(R), Holland
RT- Free, Arkin
LE- Hatcher, Jean-Baptiste(R)
RE- Ratliff, Lissemore
NT- Soliai, Brent
ROLB- Ware, Albright
LOLB- Okafor (R), Butler
MLB- Lee, Carter, Lewis(R)/Carder(R)
LC- Finnegan (FA), Walker
RC- Jenkins, drafted rookie (R)
Slot- G A Y (FA)
FS- Elam, McCray
SS- Sensabaugh, Church, drafted rookie(R)
K-Bailey
P-Jones

Last edited by CowboyFan73 : 01-05-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everything was going well until you cut Scandrick and traded Romo. Then **** went haywire.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the **** would we trade Romo.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Why the **** would we trade Romo.
Ask D-Unit.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
CowboyFan73
Rookie

Because he will be 32. At some point we have to address it. Address now or end up like Indy. We will address the problem by draft our new franchise QB before it hit us in the face. Kitna was a stop gap in 2010. What happens if Romo goes down again? Do you really want to see RG3 in a Redskin uniform facing us twice a year? Or you rather have him on your squad for the next 10 years? Romo as anywhere from 3 - 5 years left. Something to think on.

Last edited by CowboyFan73 : 01-05-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah 32 years old, the age where all NFL players lose the ability to play according to fans. I mean look and Tom Brady and Drew Brees, they have struggled big time since turning 32. What the **** man. You said it yourself Romo may have 3-5 good years left, and he's coming off one of his seasons statistically, and you want to trade him? For a Rookie no less? That won't set this team back at all, I mean the heart of this team Ware, Ratliff and Witten will love the idea.

How about we go the sane route and look for a quality young QB in this or next years draft, preferably next years draft because this crop isn't exactly spectacular after RGIII, allow him to develop while at the same time have a competitive team on the field led by the QB who had the 4th highest QB rating this past season.

Something to think on :/
Old 01-05-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
CowboyFan73
Rookie

Best year statisically with an 8-8 record looking at the playoffs. What about the other 2 Brady and Brees? Both are in the playoffs. Both have played a stronger schedule. Both have teams that draft players to compliment the offense. So as we debate about Romo, the heart of any offense is being revamped again. Nothing was mentioned about Peyton. A rookie yes. With the right coaching Rookie QB have played fairly well in the last 5 years. Ryan, Flacco, Newton, Dawton. We have had several opportunities to excell and fell short for whatever reason. You say next year then we will be having the same conversation. 33 Noone wants to address the problem. 34, 35, 36. He is still putting up beautiful stats but what about the future? Noone never want to address the situation until a Retirment announcement(Staubach), ran out of town(White) or a Concussion so serious that it forces retirement (Aikman). Just ride the dog out with no backup plan. We are watched what happened when you prepared for it(Green Bay) and your watching what happens when you don't prepare (Indy). Prepare for the future. If I have a chance of taking one of the most accurate QBs coming out of draft away from the Deadskins. I am jumping all over it.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HAHA! That list of stuff started out good, and then went nuts with trade Romo! HAHAHA!!

It started out well thought and then it's like ADD kicked in and you rushed it. LOL.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Best year statisically with an 8-8 record looking at the playoffs. What about the other 2 Brady and Brees? Both are in the playoffs. Both have played a stronger schedule. Both have teams that draft players to compliment the offense. So as we debate about Romo, the heart of any offense is being revamped again. Nothing was mentioned about Peyton. A rookie yes. With the right coaching Rookie QB have played fairly well in the last 5 years. Ryan, Flacco, Newton, Dawton. We have had several opportunities to excell and fell short for whatever reason. You say next year then we will be having the same conversation. 33 Noone wants to address the problem. 34, 35, 36. He is still putting up beautiful stats but what about the future? Noone never want to address the situation until a Retirment announcement(Staubach), ran out of town(White) or a Concussion so serious that it forces retirement (Aikman). Just ride the dog out with no backup plan. We are watched what happened when you prepared for it(Green Bay) and your watching what happens when you don't prepare (Indy). Prepare for the future. If I have a chance of taking one of the most accurate QBs coming out of draft away from the Deadskins. I am jumping all over it.
Oh I'm sorry, Romo was solely responsible for 8-8 record? Gotcha, I must have missed him playing in that horrid secondary and mismanaging the games and time on the sidelines. I must have been busy watching him keeping the team in the game late in the season. I'll be more observant next time, my bad.

And uhh, when did I say I was ready to as you say "Right the dog out with a backup plan", exactly? This years group of QB's are not impressive by any stretch of the imagination aside from Luck and RGIII. I like next year's crop more.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Trade Romo for Griffin? LOL.

When are folks going to stop sweating the nut sacks of 6'1 athletes playing QB?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
CowboyFan73
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Trade Romo for Griffin? LOL.

When are folks going to stop sweating the nut sacks of 6'1 athletes playing QB?
Look I am not bashing Romo. I realize that majority of our losses were due to the secondary in ability to cover. Why do I have to be on the nut sack of the 2nd best QB coming out this year? The last I checked Romo is 6'2" 225. Your statement is not valid. This is a forum where we are allow to place our ideas correct? WOW anyone that has a paradigm shift in thought you are quick to dismiss. The fact of the matter, if you like or not we WILL have to make a QB change at some point, there is no getting around it. Buffalo, Miami, and Denver spent years of wasted money trying to find a QB to take since the last Franchise QB and never drafted one out of the 1st round! This is the NFL. Montana, Favre, Bledsoe, and other QBs have to face the reality that at some point, the organization has to prepare for it. If Brees goes down, who will fill in? Tom Brady, had a replacement in place with Matt Cassel. Look at Indy now. Regardless noone has said anything about Indy's situation. Do you believe McGee can fill the role if Romo goes down? And no comment after the idea of Romo trade? For the sake of easing your minds:

1st round pick: DeCastro, OG Standford

That way you have addressed the interior line and Romo is still in the QB. Do not resign Holland and Nagy becomes a back up, since he is a 7th round pick. Gheesh.

Last edited by CowboyFan73 : 01-05-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Look I am not bashing Romo...
Sorry when you push ideas like "trade your best players for unproven prospects" you will lose 99% of your audience. I got an idea. Lets keep our proven top 2 all time passer rating QB and draft talent on the defensive side of the ball and interior offensive line. Sound good?

I didn't even need to put the "I'll be GM for a day" line before typing it. :D

Oh and to just curb-stomp the idea of "Romo is terrible" or "Romo should be traded... etc."

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...ing_career.htm

He's top 2 ALL-TIME behind Aaron Rodgers. His performance this year only netted him 4th best in the league (behind Robo-Rodgers, Breejus, and Brady)... His performance THIS YEAR was tied for 35th best EVER. *sigh* *headdesk* I dislike Jerruh Jones but I'm thankful he's GM rather than some posters :D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Look I am not bashing Romo. I realize that majority of our losses were due to the secondary in ability to cover. Why do I have to be on the nut sack of the 2nd best QB coming out this year? The last I checked Romo is 6'2" 225. Your statement is not valid. This is a forum where we are allow to place our ideas correct? WOW anyone that has a paradigm shift in thought you are quick to dismiss. The fact of the matter, if you like or not we WILL have to make a QB change at some point, there is no getting around it. Buffalo, Miami, and Denver spent years of wasted money trying to find a QB to take since the last Franchise QB and never drafted one out of the 1st round! This is the NFL. Montana, Favre, Bledsoe, and other QBs have to face the reality that at some point, the organization has to prepare for it. If Brees goes down, who will fill in? Tom Brady, had a replacement in place with Matt Cassel. Look at Indy now. Regardless noone has said anything about Indy's situation. Do you believe McGee can fill the role if Romo goes down? And no comment after the idea of Romo trade? For the sake of easing your minds:

1st round pick: DeCastro, OG Standford

That way you have addressed the interior line and Romo is still in the QB. Do not resign Holland and Nagy becomes a back up, since he is a 7th round pick. Gheesh.
Let me be clear, Romo is gone if he can gets us Luck straight up. I am just not a fan of short QB like Griffin.

I am not party to other posters who think Romo is untouchable. I think they are silly.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Ah 32 years old, the age where all NFL players lose the ability to play according to fans. I mean look and Tom Brady and Drew Brees, they have struggled big time since turning 32. What the **** man. You said it yourself Romo may have 3-5 good years left, and he's coming off one of his seasons statistically, and you want to trade him? For a Rookie no less? That won't set this team back at all, I mean the heart of this team Ware, Ratliff and Witten will love the idea.

How about we go the sane route and look for a quality young QB in this or next years draft, preferably next years draft because this crop isn't exactly spectacular after RGIII, allow him to develop while at the same time have a competitive team on the field led by the QB who had the 4th highest QB rating this past season.

Something to think on :/
For the love of all that's holy, pls stop comparing Romo to Brady and Brees.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

That wasn't a bad off-season plan until you traded Romo and started cutting guys like Scandrick. Those things aren't going to happen and shouldn't happen, so there really is no point in talking about it.

Anybody have any outside the box ideas on how we should go about this off-season?
Old 01-05-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Asante Samuel is probably going to be a cap casualty in Philadelphia. I personally think he sucks, but he's better than Newman.