Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-10-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"We've got to be the dumbest team in America!"
I'll always remember that gem from Callahan when he coached the Raiders. He is a good hire though. Experienced and has coached up more athletic lines in the past like Dallas is building.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Jerome Henderson from Cleveland is replacing Campo as the DB's coach.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/...callahan-staff
Rob got his guy. I don't know how much you can credit a DB coach with passing defense, but the browns were 2nd best in the entire NFL this year against the pass. Either way, he can't be worse than Campo...
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
OL Coach Hudson Houck retires....Bill Callahan from the Jets will replace him.

Doesn't seem like Sparano is coming in after that move.
Thanks Houck. The writing was on the wall though, and I applaud the move by the Cowboys.

To get the Jets OL coach is awesome. Tyron Smith should be able to reach his full potential now. I think a new OL will also have more balls to move Smith to LT and get Free back to RT where he's better suited. There's no loyalty involved to prevent the move from happening now. LOVE IT! There probably isn't another OL coach that I would've hand picked.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Rob got his guy. I don't know how much you can credit a DB coach with passing defense, but the browns were 2nd best in the entire NFL this year against the pass. Either way, he can't be worse than Campo...
Now all we need to do is follow up this move with talent!
Old 01-10-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Broaddus just tweeted this about Callahan:

Quote:
I worked with Bill in PHI. Attention to detail, demanding of his players, nice adjustments, worked well with staff. Like hire
Old 01-10-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Broaddus just tweeted this about Callahan:
Nice Adjustments....

OH HOW I CAN DREAM!!!... of having a brain on the offensive coaching staff willing and capable of making in game adjustments.
Old 01-10-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
OL Coach Hudson Houck retires....Bill Callahan from the Jets will replace him.

Doesn't seem like Sparano is coming in after that move.
Callahan is a great hire.

Glad we took out the Jerry 1993 trash.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Just heard the Raiders fired Hue Jackson. I'm now scared that Rob Ryan could leave us for their HC job.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Just heard the Raiders fired Hue Jackson. I'm now scared that Rob Ryan could leave us for their HC job.
Surely there are better alternatives for them. But maybe it might open the door for Spagnuolo to be the DC here.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:32 AM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

It is also being reported that Maxie is being interviewed for the DB job in Tennessee. I am indifferent towards him, but another new style in the secondary wouldn't be a bad thing. We'll see where that goes.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I honestly don't see Ryan on anyone's short list of HC's this year after this past year. If he turns it around next year he's probably out.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I honestly don't see Ryan on anyone's short list of HC's this year after this past year. If he turns it around next year he's probably out.
Yeah, that sounds about right. Hopefully. I love Rob Ryan.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

An interesting find:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...for-carl-nicks

Quote:
New Orleans’ Carl Nicks is considered by many to be the top guard in free agency and the Saints have to find a way to get Drew Brees under contract. They also recently gave Jahri Evans a big-time contract, so could they really afford to pay another guard top money?

And here’s the Callahan connection: he coached Nicks at Nebraska.

Just something to ponder before free agency begins in March.
The key line: Callahan coached Nicks at Nebraska.

Ahhh, I'd love me some Carl Nicks!
Old 01-11-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
An interesting find:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...for-carl-nicks

The key line: Callahan coached Nicks at Nebraska.

Ahhh, I'd love me some Carl Nicks!
Hmmm.... maybe Jerry has a plan afterall...

Nicks is a dream catch in FA. If that's ALL we got, I'd be happy. I do think the Saints will somehow find a way to keep him though. So I'm gonna get too excited. I think I know better than that.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor has it Nicks eats human beings. I'd love to have him. As good as he is, I can't imagine Saints tying that much money at the guard position.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hmmm.... maybe Jerry has a plan afterall...

Nicks is a dream catch in FA. If that's ALL we got, I'd be happy. I do think the Saints will somehow find a way to keep him though. So I'm gonna get too excited. I think I know better than that.
I'm sure the Saints will want to keep him, but I have a hard time believing that they will tie up $10-12 million per year for two guards.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm sure the Saints will want to keep him, but I have a hard time believing that they will tie up $10-12 million per year for two guards.
Exactly, and they have to pay Brees. Plus I think I read somewhere that Nicks wants to leave and get a long term deal elsewhere...

We can hope!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly, and they have to pay Brees. Plus I think I read somewhere that Nicks wants to leave and get a long term deal elsewhere...

We can hope!
Isn't Colston also up for a new deal too? If that's the case I see them having a hard time signing all these players.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine Tyron Smith and Carl Nicks playing next to each other? Sexiness
Old 01-11-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Hey if positive thinking works for you... more power to ya.

I'm skeptical that even if Nicks did hit FA that we would end up with him. There are enough OGs in this draft that I think we could find 1 in Round 2 and still be happy with him.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When did you turn into a negative Nancy D-Unit? Hahah I've lurked here for years and didn't notice.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ah sign Evans and trade down and pick Konz, one can dream right ?
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Ah sign Evans and trade down and pick Konz, one can dream right ?
I'd be okay with this.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

I really like the direction this is headed.. We haven't made a free agency splash since Leonard Davis, we have plenty of cap room, and Carl Nicks actually deserves it. There are rumors that he wants a long term deal elsewhere, couple that with his connection to Callahan and hopefully we're in business. For all we know they could hate each other lol, but let's hope that isn't the case.

Resigning Laurent, and landing Nicks and a CB like Terrell Thomas is very doable with our cap situation, and would open our options up at 14. Although I think Upshaw is more or less a Spencer clone, he'd be much cheaper and at least it's a change. I wouldn't mind him there.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-11-2012 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:04 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

I don't know if anyone saw this, but it's nice that a coach actually gave some genuine answers after he leaves lol:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/jo...tId=b logDest

To sum it up, Houck basically said that Tyron and Free will be switching this off-season, and they should both benefit from it. Free is pretty much maxed out but should be an elite RT, and with added strength and more coaching he believes Tyron should be a hell of a LT.

Obviously he's not the coach anymore, but i'm sure they are still planning on swapping them.

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-11-2012 at 10:09 PM.