Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-12-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Callahan will serve as the offensive coordinator while filling the position vacated by former offensive line coach Hudson Houck, who retired earlier this week.
For all those crabby patty posters that wanted JG to stop calling plays.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks yanksknicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
A few promising notes from the DMN blog today:

Stephen Jones said we have enough money to aggressively pursue an impact free agent if they decide to. He also said that it won't be just a defensive draft if there is someone who can help them on offense. (DeCastro?!?!!) He also said he expects Henderson to be a great DB coach.

Also, Damien Woody said to he talked to Callahan about coming here and that Callahan is excited, and is a very detail oriented coach who is a great hire for the Cowboys.

Can read the posts for yourselves here:

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/
Woody can flat out play even if he is old as dirt and took the year off.
yanksknicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Very interesting indeed.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I still think he's going to be calling the plays. I just think this takes some of the load off of JG. I think it'll be more of a "meshing" of Callahan+JG's gameplan...instead of just JG's before.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Where is the link to that?

It's awesome news and I think you're right... it would be a messing of ideas, which is ok during game planning, but during the game I think one guy has to hold the reigns, and I hope it's not Garrett.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

via Twitter

Quote:
toddarcher Todd Archer
Bill Callahan named Cowboys offensive coordinator/line coach but Jason Garrett continues as play caller.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:15 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett is still going to call the plays, so you guys can stop getting so excited about that lol.

But at least it adds another voice with experience to the game plan during the week and situations on game day.
CDCB14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Garrett is still going to call the plays, so you guys can stop getting so excited about that lol.

But at least it adds another voice with experience to the game plan during the week and situations on game day.
I agree it gives a fresh breath of air when it comes down to personell packages and play calling/blocking scheme coordination. I thought it was interesting that Damien Woody said that Callahan likes to run a combination of man and zone blocking. Hopefully, the scouting department asks him for his input as far as free agents and the draft.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad we got Callahan, and having him here with his experience and his track record is enough for me. We all knew Garrett wasn't going to give up playcalling duties, so having someone here that will help better his gameplanning is a good consolation prize.

Also, it's no surprise that Garrett looked a lot better as a OC when Murray was beasting it. We haven't had a running game like that in a long time, it really does wonders for an offense.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to see Jerry bring in a guest consultant like he has done in the past to get an outside opinion. I know he had Ron Wolf in several offseasons before he took the job with the Raiders and then attempted to do the same with Dan Reeves before he was ran out of the building before he unpacked his bags. Maybe call in a favor to Parcells or Bill Polian ?
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 07:08 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's what I think we all wanted in the very least. I knew that Garrett would be calling plays as long as he's here, but having an OC definitely should help a lot. That experienced voice is what JG has been needing his entire career here. He's been promoted too fast, so he has been learning on the fly. With that extra experienced voice it should help out a ton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm glad we got Callahan, and having him here with his experience and his track record is enough for me. We all knew Garrett wasn't going to give up playcalling duties, so having someone here that will help better his gameplanning is a good consolation prize.

Also, it's no surprise that Garrett looked a lot better as a OC when Murray was beasting it. We haven't had a running game like that in a long time, it really does wonders for an offense.
Strange as it sounds, I keep forgetting about Murray. The guy looked like a real stud last year before the injury. If he continues looking like that major things will happen. I don't want to jump the gun on calling him a perennial All-Pro, but he has the makings of a top back.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not forget... the reason why Murray lasted until the 3rd round was because teams feared his injury prone reputation. When he was injured throughout camp and the beginning of the season and couldn't finish the season, we can't hope against hope and rely on him to always be there when it counts. Right now, he's a nice to have. I really think RB has to be addressed again.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tay-in-dallas/

Take it for what it's worth, but it's positive that he wants to stay in Dallas. I really feel he's our #1 FA priority.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDCB14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...tay-in-dallas/

Take it for what it's worth, but it's positive that he wants to stay in Dallas. I really feel he's our #1 FA priority.
I was just about to post that with some other notes. Robinson would be great to retain, but if it's him or Carl Nicks i'm taking Nicks no questions asked. A DESERVING pro-bowl guard who is only 26 years old with the situation of our interior OL is ten times more important than a great #3 WR. Besides, it really isn't like Dez and Miles are that injury prone. Dez had two freak injuries in the pros (Scandrick falling on his leg in TC, then breaking his leg on kick return) and he didn't miss a down in college. Miles got unlucky with hamstring pulls. That's not exactly being made of glass, it's more or less just bad luck. Robinson is a great asset, but if we lose him it isn't the end of the world.

And yes, I know I preach that all positions are of equal importance, but this is different. Carl Nicks instead of Bill Nagy makes our team wayyyyyyy better than Laurent Robinson over Dwayne Harris at #3 WR.

Also, unfortunately DeCamillis is staying. I tweeted at Broaddus asking what's the deal with him and he said he is probably just coming back. Oh well, at least Campo and Houck are out. 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Just expect our ST to suck again...

Last edited by CDCB14 : 01-13-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=4205&line=2263 82&spln=1

Quote:
The Cowboys are expected to let free agent OLB Anthony Spencer test the open market.
According to Pro Football Weekly, Dallas wants to revamp the strong side of its defense and LE Kenyon Coleman may also be out. Spencer never took the next step as a pass rusher in five seasons with Dallas, maxing out with six sacks in 2011 and 2009. He'll still attract plenty of interest after forcing four fumbles this past season and playing tough run defense.
Good riddance, go mail it in somewhere else.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't even see you posted this lol...But yea, as I said in the draft thread he'll go on to be a really solid 4-3 player, but not what we bargained for at all. For what we do in our defense, I'd rather have a guy get 12-15 sacks and be a liability in the run game vs what Spencer gave us.

Watch him end up going somewhere like Chicago and they'll be very happy with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Funny that CHicago flushed its Playoff shot down the toilet with boneheaded plays by MBIII and Roy Williams. Plus Hurd's drug ring. LOL. Cowboy curse!

Maybe Spencer can go sign with the Eagles!
Old 01-14-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksknicks View Post
Funny that CHicago flushed its Playoff shot down the toilet with boneheaded plays by MBIII and Roy Williams. Plus Hurd's drug ring. LOL. Cowboy curse!

Maybe Spencer can go sign with the Eagles!
I didn't even think of that. Nice. hahaha.

Good news on Spencer. Tired about complaining about that guy. Not sure if Butler gets his chance, or we get a replacement, but I've liked Butler over Spencer for a while now. No love lost over letting Spencer out.
Old 01-14-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
CDCB14
Pro Bowler

Broaddus just tweeted back at some fan saying that inside Valley Ranch they are talking about upgrading center more than guard. He must have some sources in the front offices.

I wonder what that means for free agency and the draft. If that is in fact true I don't we make a play for Carl Nicks. As for the draft, a trade down for Konz would seem likely. I wouldn't mind that if we can pick up and extra 3rd or 4th from it. He's an animal, and this team needs depth so a 3rd or 4th rounder would help that too.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I didn't even think of that. Nice. hahaha.

Good news on Spencer. Tired about complaining about that guy. Not sure if Butler gets his chance, or we get a replacement, but I've liked Butler over Spencer for a while now. No love lost over letting Spencer out.
I love Butler on 3rd and longs. It pains me when he's on the field for potential running plays though. He's as bad at covering running plays as Spencer is blitzing >.<

:D Maybe the new strength and conditioning + full offseason will allow him to put on a better showing. We have to draft someone although I wouldn't mind Butler showing enough to start.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Why am I rooting for the 9ers?
Old 01-14-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
yanksknicks
Veteran

Quote:
Broaddus just tweeted back at some fan saying that inside Valley Ranch they are talking about upgrading center more than guard. He must have some sources in the front offices.

I wonder what that means for free agency and the draft. If that is in fact true I don't we make a play for Carl Nicks. As for the draft, a trade down for Konz would seem likely. I wouldn't mind that if we can pick up and extra 3rd or 4th from it. He's an animal, and this team needs depth so a 3rd or 4th rounder would help that too.
Konz issue is always injured.
Old 01-14-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did the 9ers just pass on first and second down inside the three yard line?
Old 01-14-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Wrong thread.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I love Butler on 3rd and longs. It pains me when he's on the field for potential running plays though. He's as bad at covering running plays as Spencer is blitzing >.<

:D Maybe the new strength and conditioning + full offseason will allow him to put on a better showing. We have to draft someone although I wouldn't mind Butler showing enough to start.
I'm ready to see Butler in an expanded role, we just need to make sure we cover our bases and draft some decent depth behind him. Vic adds more speed to the defense and has been a better pass rusher than Spencer for a while now. I don't think we've seen enough of him to fairly judge how he handles running plays, I never got the impression he was a major liability when in there.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote