Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-13-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Reading some of the posts he made, that David guys seems like a crock.
He's the site admin of Brett Favre's official website. You think he's just making it all up as well? *shrugs*
Old 05-13-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i beleive it said that his teamates confirmed he wants out, but i dont really see an ideal fit for him anywhere, if he wants out of green bay then he probably he wants to play for a team that has a chance at a superbowl ring.
songofthesword, i doubt denver will take favre, were going with cutler this year

edit - i could see maybe tampa bay, cleveland, the jets, or maybe possibly by some stretch he ends up back in atlanta...

Last edited by ripdw27 : 05-13-2007 at 01:29 PM.
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

could we trade him to Dallas? I think this is started by someone to fast forward the offseason.

BTW, is Moss under contract for only one year?
Old 05-13-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
i beleive it said that his teamates confirmed he wants out, but i dont really see an ideal fit for him anywhere, if he wants out of green bay then he probably he wants to play for a team that has a chance at a superbowl ring.
songofthesword, i doubt denver will take favre, were going with cutler this year

edit - i could see maybe tampa bay, cleveland, the jets, or maybe possibly by some stretch he ends up back in atlanta...
Ok, Tampa is in a worse situation than us, Cleveland is too and they just drafted Brady Quinn, and if they give up on Vick it'll be for a young guy to take over and definetly not this year. The teams that would take him are no closer to a Super Bowl than the Packers.
Old 05-13-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck getting anything but a backup gig on any other team in the NFL, Brett. You're lucky the Packers haven't had the balls to move on yet.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Good luck getting anything but a backup gig on any other team in the NFL, Brett. You're lucky the Packers haven't had the balls to move on yet.
He would likely be a nice upgrade in Jacksonville.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Miami could be a possible destination

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Miami could be a possible destination
I dont think there head office could handle the boos anymore, imagine them wasting a second round pick and money on wasted up qb then spending another second round pick on a 27 year old rookie qb and then getting Favre.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
He would likely be a nice upgrade in Jacksonville.
no kidding.

If Brett Favre is traded I will do a ******* swan dive off the roof of my house.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Brett Favre is going nowhere. This thread will only turn into a Favre bashing fiasco.

The Jaguars have a horrendous QB situation and to say they wouldn't want Brett Favre is stupidity.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
no kidding.

If Brett Favre is traded I will do a ******* swan dive off the roof of my house.
Well that's reason enough to do it.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Well that's reason enough to do it.
Yeah, I know. When Brett Favre leaves titletown my life is basically over.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-13-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like I said, the city of Green Bay may never recover. Hell the organization may never recover when he leaves. Oh that would be sweet music to my ears. :D

Oh and for those who say it's not true. Jay Glazer is gods gift to inside info on the NFL (along with Schefter).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Like I said, the city of Green Bay may never recover. Hell the organization may never recover when he leaves. Oh that would be sweet music to my ears. :D

Oh and for those who say it's not true. Jay Glazer is gods gift to inside info on the NFL (along with Schefter).
Sweetness, I think you may be the first person ever to propose the notion that Green Bay may be upset when their Hall of Fame QB retires. Congrats.

they get smoked.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sweetness, I think you may be the first person ever to propose the notion that Green Bay may be upset when their Hall of Fame QB retires. Congrats.
Um they're going to be more than upset. People will be on suicide watch when he decides to hang em' up.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im way ahead of you, already started cutting myself!
it wont happen though and you know that the reason that so many fans not from the midwest became packer-backers was because of Favre. He was the Manning of the mid-late 90's

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Jags don't think there QB situatino is that bad or they wouldn't have passed on Quinn.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:42 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

complete BS, he knows that a trade wouldnt be beneficial for him or the packers
Old 05-13-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Im way ahead of you, already started cutting myself!
it wont happen though and you know that the reason that so many fans not from the midwest became packer-backers was because of Favre. He was the Manning of the mid-late 90's
Don't compare Favre with that chump manning.

they get smoked.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
complete BS, he knows that a trade wouldnt be beneficial for him or the packers
That's debatable, on both ends.

Old 05-13-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
That's debatable, on both ends.
No, it's not.

they get smoked.

Old 05-13-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry but maybe I'm an idiot

A) What team would want a mid 30's battle weary QB, who has questionable motivation levels and very near the end ?

B) What team would Favre want ? He clearly wants another title shot

I cant see any potential contender grabbing Favre for 1 or possibly 2 yrs. I cant see Favre going to a basket case team (might as well stay in GB).

Sorry Brett but suck it up either retire or get on with it

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

So what would Packer fans think of him is this is all true and he does in fact get traded? That he wanted to get out of Green Bay and play for someone else in most likely his last season.

Quote:
Old 05-13-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
So what would Packer fans think of him is this is all true and he does in fact get traded? That he wanted to get out of Green Bay and play for someone else in most likely his last season.
It's not going to happen. Basically a rumour that was blown out of proportion.

In the highly unlikely situation that he does get traded, the Packers go with Rodgers. I'm fine with that, as it's going to happen sooner or later.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
No, it's not.
Yeah, it is.

If Favre is that concerned with winning now, which is basically all he talks about, it would make more sense for him to move now.

If the Packers are more concerned with rebuilding, which is what they are doing, it would make sense to start Rodgers at some point.

Jerry Rice going to Oakland didn't hurt his legacy in San Fran at all. It's certainly debatable. That doesn't mean it's going to happen, I don't think it will, but there are a lot of reasons why it could.