Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-14-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
The way i see is that by drafting a DT, TT thinks that Bubba is a better TE than Williams and Cole are DT's
I highly doubt that.

They probably just value the DT position more than TE. Which is fine. He's right in that regard. But I don't think anyone is foolish enough to think Franks is worth a damn anymore.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I don't recall many places that had Miller ahead of Olsen. Scott did have him to us at 31 a few times, but Scott was always higher on Miller than most. He was certainly the consensus after the combine. I don't know how you can say otherwise. Perhaps there was some draft nit-wits that wanted to be different but I'd bet good money that almost every GM had Olsen as the top TE on their board based on his measureables if nothing else.

I don't recall Harrell ever being above 27 to the Saints except a VERY few people that had him to the Steelers at 15. Scott's own rankings had Olsen 13 spots higher than Harrell, and at a position of bigger need for the Packers than DT.

You spend more time studying the draft and browsing the web than I do, but I think you're wrong here. Those that usually had Olsen as a 2nd rounder didn't have a TE in the 1st at all.
Before the combine it was at best a 50/50 split between Miller and Olsen. Around draft time I recall hearing quite a few teams having Miller above Olsen. Also right before the draft on NFLN and nfl.com a lot of their guys were pumping up Harrell, as was Kiper. I think Olsen's 40 time had a lot more effect on here than it did in real life. I think Olsen can be a very good player, but to say Olsen or Harrell's stock was definitively higher than the other is just talk.

As for the last thing, pretty much. Before the combine very few people had any TE in the first, and for the most part it was Miller and not Olsen if they did have one.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bogart69
Rookie

bogart69 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It is apparent that TT has not done what Brett wants, but from what I hear Moss was simply using GB as a tool to get some leverage with NE.. Which he didn't. I believe he only gets paid if he makes the Roster..Which was a much lesser offer than what His Agent presented to GB..

It also seems apparent that TT does not love Favre and will not bow down to his requests. But trading or releasing the Iconic Favre seems impossible. So TT just goes along with his gameplan of building through the draft and beefing up the Defense through Free agency.
bogart69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Before the combine it was at best a 50/50 split between Miller and Olsen. Around draft time I recall hearing quite a few teams having Miller above Olsen. Also right before the draft on NFLN and nfl.com a lot of their guys were pumping up Harrell, as was Kiper. I think Olsen's 40 time had a lot more effect on here than it did in real life. I think Olsen can be a very good player, but to say Olsen or Harrell's stock was definitively higher than the other is just talk.

As for the last thing, pretty much. Before the combine very few people had any TE in the first, and for the most part it was Miller and not Olsen if they did have one.
I had Olsen first by a mile and it should have been apparent to more people. The kid was a stud athlete at every level of his career who made some incredible plays at Miami. Of course he never got close to pub Winslow or even Shockley got but a big reason for that was the terrible QB for Hurricanes over the past few years.

I mean when you stand out as an athlete for Miami (see Devin Hester, Santana Moss, Jonathan Vilma) then your legit. I probably would have penciled in Olsen for a faster 40 time really.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
I had Olsen first by a mile and it should have been apparent to more people. The kid was a stud athlete at every level of his career who made some incredible plays at Miami. Of course he never got close to pub Winslow or even Shockley got but a big reason for that was the terrible QB for Hurricanes over the past few years.

I mean when you stand out as an athlete for Miami (see Devin Hester, Santana Moss, Jonathan Vilma) then your legit. I probably would have penciled in Olsen for a faster 40 time really.
Ahh, I see. If you're an athlete and play for Miami, you're going to make it in the NFL.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:23 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
NE-Has Brady
NYJ-Pennington and Clemens
MIA-Beck and Culpepper, and MIA is a little worse than GB
BUF-JP Losman, and arent that much better than GB

BAL-Boller and McNair
CIN-Palmer
CLE-Quinn, Frye, and Anderson. Team also isnt up to par w/ GB
PIT-Roethlisburger and Batch

IND-Sorgi
HOU-Schaub, no O-Line
TEN-Young
JAC-Leftwich and Garrad are going to get thier final shot

SD-Rivers
KC-Green?, Croyle, and Huard
OAK-Russell, no o-line
DEN-Cutler

PHI-McNabb, Kolb
WAS-Campbell, didnt do as good as GB either
DAL-Romo
NYG-Manning

CHI-GB wouldnt do this, fans may walk away
DET-No O-line
MIN-No top WR's

NO-Brees
TB-6 QB's already
ATL-Possibly, not as good of a WR core
CAR-Carr and Delhomme

SEA-Hassleback
STL-Bulger
SF-Smith
ARI-Leinart

Not much possibility of a move, IMO
well i pick one team per group

Mia - Culpeppers Health? / Beck's Not Ready
Cle - Frye's Done Nothing / Quinn's Not Ready
Jac - Leftwich Needs A Good Teacher / Garrad's Not Big On
Oak - McCown He's Ok? / Russell's Not Ready
Was - They Wanted Quinn? But They Had Campbell
Atl - Vick Maybe Needs To Learn From A Pro? / Vick Police Thing / Health?
Vik - They Really Dont Have Anyone? / Jackson's Not Ready
Az - Leinart Better Of With One More Year On The Bench?

but this wont happen
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why do people assume that Favre is a mentor. He's not. He's said he's not. And his actions have proven that he has a self-centered attitude at this point in his career. Why in the world would Arizona want to bring Favre in for Leinart. He's better off without him quite frankly.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Why do people assume that Favre is a mentor. He's not. He's said he's not. And his actions have proven that he has a self-centered attitude at this point in his career. Why in the world would Arizona want to bring Favre in for Leinart. He's better off without him quite frankly.
Favre definitely isn't the mentor type. That said, rookies can always learn just by watching a more experienced quarterback play.

Favre isn't going anywhere though. Easily one of the dumbest rumours of this off-season.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Ahh, I see. If you're an athlete and play for Miami, you're going to make it in the NFL.
There are worst draft strategies.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's amazing how the media overlooks how much of a turd Favre is. The Packers should fine his over-the-hill behind for every day he's not at the camp.

Good for Thompson for not slurping him up like previous decision-makers of the Packers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post

I think it's more likely, in that scenario, that teams had Miller graded as better value as a (early/mid) 2nd round pick than Greg Olsen as a (mid) 1st round pick.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why in the world would Arizona want to bring Favre in for Leinart. He's better off without him quite frankly.
Ugh, what a miserable idea.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/GB/10184956

There we can stop the talk of him wanting to be traded.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Green Bay should traded Farve a couple of seasons ago and played Rodgers. Taht way they'd know by this year's draft is Rogers could play and could have got Quinn if Rogers couldn't.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote