Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-20-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like Nigel's going by the name Dylan Wolfe, which isn't too bad. Any chance we see a new member of the British Invasion interject himself in the Beer Money Inc. v. British Invasion tag team title match?
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nigel McGuinness is telling people backstage at the TNA iMPACT! tapings today that he opted to sign with TNA because WWE took too long to send his contract. TNA officials then stepped in and struck a deal with McGuinness. (Source: prowrestling.net)

**** YEAH!!!!!!!!! OH HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know comahan posted on the other page, but I just had to show my excitement.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do that many people seriously watch RoH? I'm not the biggest wrestling fan, but I just heard about this guy today.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its the 3rd biggest promotion in the states, and, at least in its prime, was light years ahead of all the other indies in terms of just about everything. It is, or was, a lot of peoples favorite promotion.

And Nigel was their champion for 18 months until early this year

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not questioning the quality of the promotion, it has definitely developed a reputation as having the best matches. I'm asking how many people actually watch RoH, what's the financial operation, fan base, etc. Being the 3rd biggest wrestling promotion is like being the 3rd biggest pro-football organization.

Just seems like this is a big deal on the internet and among smarks, which is a pretty small % of the wrestling fanbase.

Old 10-20-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Back when ROH was at its hottest, theyd draw around 1000 people at the 4 shows theyd do per month

A solid amount of people have to watch them though, because their main source of income is very good DVD sales from their events

but yea, no concrete answer I suppose

Old 10-20-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

The way Nigel debuted... good lord.

They must have a lot of confidence in him :x

Old 10-20-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

On that note, I forgot that Jim Cornette is now in charge of ROH, which makes me an immediate fan. Jim Cornette is the f'n man.

Old 10-20-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Well, hes in charge on air, i have no idea how much hes helping backstage

Old 10-20-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Bet Vince feels stupid now if they do end up in TNA
I'm sure he is not losing sleep over it.

As for ROH I have watched it a few times after hearing all the hype its all right but didn't live up to what people were telling me about it.

That said most of their big talent has moved on from what I understand so its not the same product.

Its like me trying to tell people about the original ECW unless you saw it first hand you have no idea what you missed.

Rob Van Dam and Jerry Lynn put on some of the greatest matches I have ever seen they wrestled each other in WWE a few times but it was so not the same.

Last edited by Splat : 10-20-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

ROH in 05/06/07 was GOLDEN. Great product.

ROH now kinda sucks :(

Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Word seems to be that WWE may have backed out of signing Nigel because of concerns over his past injuries

Old 10-20-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ROH in 05/06/07 was GOLDEN. Great product.

ROH now kinda sucks :(
I couldn't agree more. I started watching ROH towards the latter part of 05 and watched it all the way up until the middle of '07. However, most of their big name talent has moved on. Samoa Joe, CM Punk, AJ Styles, Brian Danielson, Homicide, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Low Ki, Paul London, Sonjay Dutt are all ROH alumni along with others that I'm not mentioning.

Right now they have Austin Aries, Roderick Strong, Chris Hero, Davey Richards, and Tyler Black as the big guys in the company and while I'm a huge fan of the first four, their roster isn't stacked as it once was and it's evident.

One of the main reasons for ROH's success, other than the star power, was it's head book, Gabe Sapolsky, a former ECW employee. Since his departure the booking has gone down and the product just isn't as exciting as it once was. Sapolsky's new endeavor where he is VP is Dragon Gate USA, which is a lot like what ROH used to be.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

So, to cover ground on a busy day...

-Danielson and Nigel agree in principle to WWE Contracts and end their tenures in ROH.

-Danielson and Nigel come in for physicals and drug tests so they can sign their deals officially. Nigel's bicep is messed up from his past injuries, and wwe decided it wasnt worth giving money to a guy that might not be able to work every night like their schedule demands. They opt to not sign Nigel. Danielson HAS signed.

-Nigel contacts TNA, and is immediately picked up because they've loved him for a while. His injuries are less of a concern there because of the considerably lighter schedule.

-Nigel debuts at the TNA Tapings in grand fashion.

Last edited by comahan : 10-21-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, not to give away too much, but yeah, TNA's getting behind Nigel big time.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:30 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

-Danielson and Nigel agree in principle to WWE Contracts and end their tenures in ROH.

-Danielson and Nigel come in for physicals and drug tests so they can sign their deals officially. Nigel's bicep is messed up from his past injuries, and wwe decided it wasnt worth giving money to a guy that might not be able to work every night like their schedule demands. They opt to not sign Nigel. Danielson HAS signed.

-Nigel contacts TNA, and is immediately picked up because they've loved him for a while. His injuries are less of a concern there because of the considerably lighter schedule.

I was hoping that TNA would land both Nigel and Danielson.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm very interested in seeing both of these guys. When I was really into things RoH was like a big mystery to me, but I just never got around to actually seeing it. Now I'm back to watching wrestling almost every week, and I'm hearing some good things about these two.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm The Miz!!!! And I'm Awesome!!!

Pro wrestler wants to pummel Mangini

On The Browns

"A person I'd like to see and smack the sh-t out of is [Browns coach] Eric Mangini," Mr. Miz recently said, per ESPN.com. "That's what I'd like to do. He is doing absolutely horrific. He is horrible. Brady Quinn sucks. Derek Anderson sucks. But the reason why they suck is that their offensive line is not giving them time to throw the ball. I want to smack Eric Mangini so hard he poops himself."

On The Rock

"I think he's too much of a girl now," Miz says. "He's no longer The Rock, he's Dwayne Johnson. I'm Dwayne Johnson (in his best girly voice). I think now that he's Dwayne Johnson, I can take him. He's skinny. He's like a toothpick. He's what, 150-pounds soaking wet?" ~~~ The Miz
Old 10-22-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rock would snap that worm Miz like a toothpick.

IF YA SMMEEELLLLLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK.......IS COOKING!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I have been playing the heck out of the new SD vs Raw game on PS2 and I love it for the most.

Randy Orton is such a beast on the game the RKO looks so bad ass and you can do it like 3 or 4 different ways.

I would say most of the finishers look pretty sweet my biggest beef is on the Go To Sleep I was let down.

I made AJ Styles and have been owning with him I didn't get the face right but from the neck down he looks good and I got his moves.

Last edited by Splat : 10-22-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Angle face turn
Old 10-22-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

McGuiness/Angle fued FTW
Old 10-22-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Loved impact tonight. Nothing I really disliked, aside from maybe the end of Rhino's promo.

My name is Wolfe. Desmond Wolfe.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

finally MCMG gets a push.

is it me or has Impact the past 2-3 weeks been better then it has in sometime