Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-17-2009, 01:15 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

BF51 you make it sound like Bret has down syndrome or is a mute. Unfortunately the stroke makes it more difficult for him to communicate confidently and he was never that confident on the mic to begin with. He is a very intelligent well read person who always gave thoughtful responses and worked hard to improve his mic skills and promos. I know Meltzer thought Bret gave the best interview in the business by '97 when he was more experienced at cutting promos.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett's promo's in WCW were absolutely awful, and this was well after '97.

People keep bringing up the Canada angle, but that was a tremendous angle where all Bret had to do was act like a self-righteous asshole, which, come on, that's not really much of a stretch.

I don't dislike Bret Hart, because I can appreciate technical wrestling. I also think this would be a big money maker for the WWE, and it makes sense considering their programing is back to being G-rated.

I'm just saying he sucked on the mic.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Brett's promo's in WCW were absolutely awful, and this was well after '97.

People keep bringing up the Canada angle, but that was a tremendous angle where all Bret had to do was act like a self-righteous asshole, which, come on, that's not really much of a stretch.

I don't dislike Bret Hart, because I can appreciate technical wrestling. I also think this would be a big money maker for the WWE, and it makes sense considering their programing is back to being G-rated.

I'm just saying he sucked on the mic.
I really respect your opinion as you are obviously intelligent and one of the best posters. I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on this.

Oh and as for the WCW promos... he wasn't prepared well by the idiot in charge of that company. Bret needed direction and needed to know what he was going to talk about beforehand. He talks about in his book how Eric always ran things by the seat of his pants and was constantly changing things at the last minute.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bret was okay. He wasn't terrible, but he wasn't really all that either. His mic skills were good enough to let his in ring skills to do the talking. When you wrestle as great as Bret Hart did it's not that big a problem. Everyone can't be like Shawn Michaels and Ric Flair to where they're both great in the ring and on the mic. Bret's a legend regardless of his mic skills.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure would like to see this guy back on TV.

Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CM Punk's thoughts on TNA and Hulk Hogan.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/ww...-hogan-tna.php
Old 12-17-2009, 06:31 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Hogan has always only been in business for himself but it's a cutthroat business so it's hard to fault a guy for being selfish. If you don't look out for yourself who else will? It seems like you almost have to stab someone in the back to get to the top in WWE.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I don't have problem with any thing he said but Punk is my favorite wrestler so...
Old 12-17-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's a completely false dichotomy that you can't be in the business for yourself and help the overall business at the same time. Wrestlers are, quite literally, independent contractors with no unions, health coverage, or pension plans. The whole objective as a wrestler is to make as much money for yourself before you get out without completely ruining your life. Very few manage to do this successfully, so I commend Hogan for doing it, even if I personally think he sucks.

Old 12-17-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell us something we don't know Punk~ Hogan and TNA are using each other. Nobody sees this as a long term relationship.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Val Venis is a wealthy guy and he was a midcarder at best for his entire run.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Val Venis haha.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Val Venis is a wealthy guy and he was a midcarder at best for his entire run.
Nothing against Val Venis, but Hogan made other people a hell of a lot more money than Val Venis every did.

Which gets back to my original point. You can be self-serving and still benefit others at the same time. If Punk was so concerned about "the business" he should divert his energy towards worker's rights for his fellow wrestlers. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of hot ait.

Old 12-17-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

BF51 is right. Wrestlers have to look out for themselves as the promoters certainly don't. Punk is just towing the company line. He's not going to talk about how wrestlers don't have a union or health insurance. Bret Hart said it best when he said the janitors cleaning up the arena after the show have more benefits from their employer.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Foley meeting with the wrong Hulk was kinda funny.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Tatanka is on TNA!!!

Last edited by Splat : 12-17-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Tatanka is on TNA!!!

I missed it. :(
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I missed it. :(
He had a match with the guy that is always ripping off the Macho Man not sure on his name?

Tatanka won he had put on some weight but he really didn't look that bad in the ring.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Tatanka is on TNA!!!

I used to love Tatanka back in the day.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow.. Daniels vs Wolfe was awesome. 10 Minutes of awesome.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't watch Impact very often, but wow I'm glad I saw that. I wonder if CM Punk will fast forward through that match when he watches Impact. :D
Old 12-17-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Wow.. Daniels vs Wolfe was awesome. 10 Minutes of awesome.
This...

First time I have watched a full TNA show in awhile not bad.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Wow, Tomko put on some weight.

And I still prefer AJ's original theme.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:23 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed Impact.was Wolfe/Daniels as good as Angle/Styles was a few months back?cause IMO Angle/Styles was a PPV quality match on free tv
Old 12-18-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Jimmy Snuka's Daughter To Tryout For TNA