Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-05-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Firstly, Pope and Wolfe got more time than any of the old guys sans Hogan and Bisch. As did Joe and Abyss. And the Knockouts Tag Match. All featuring "TNA guys".

But age is easily the most overrated thing in wrestling to me. Like, by FAR. Its so annoying to hear everyone constantly gripe about not always having the young guys on top.

The Nasty Boys segments took like a total of 90 seconds tops. HOW AWFUL!
Do you work for TNA?

Age can be an overrated aspect, it just depends on what you're asking people to do. Obviously it was a problem in WCW because they were pushing only old guys at the top, and so the company itself had an image of being unathletic and unrealistic.

Having a lot of those guys around isn't a problem simply because they are old, it's because they suck now, or have always sucked. Hogan can be a useful guy to have around depending on how he's used (I personally wasn't a fan of the storyline so far and I think they are building him up more than the current level of interest dictates), Scott Hall is one of my 2-3 favorite guys in the business, but I'm guessing TNA even knows he's probably good for a month at best. Syxx and the Nasty Boys are ****, and I really hope they aren't kept for more than that 1st show. Flair? As a manager, sure. Otherwise, come on, I could kick Flair's ass.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Comahan, are you sure it didn't draw 2.2 million viewers, not a rating. That's a big difference.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the interest of seeing them prolly legitly beat each other down, I want to see 3D/Nasty Boys. But then Knobbs and Saggs can go.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Monday's edition of WWE Raw featuring Bret Hart's return averaged 5.60 million viewers, which was the largest viewing audience since the Raw after Summerslam on August 24.

The show drew a very strong rating among males 18-49, drawing a 3.37 rating in the key demo. That was the highest rating since the commercial-free Raw on June 22 averaged a 3.71 rating.

The last time Raw drew a male 18-49 demo rating higher than the commercial-free show was the Raw after WrestleMania 26.

So, give or take, around a 3.7-3.8
Commercial free shows kick ass.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
Comahan, are you sure it didn't draw 2.2 million viewers, not a rating. That's a big difference.
no, the Hogan segment drew 2.9 million viewers (2.2) then fell back down after he left, making the quarter hour drop to a 1.9 total

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1.5 isn't bad. Drawing a 2.2 against HBK/Bret is pretty good as well. TNA can take some good things from last night and hopefully add momentum.
yeah like stop going to commercials every 2 minutes during the show
Old 01-05-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
no, the Hogan segment drew 2.9 million viewers (2.2) then fell back down after he left, making the quarter hour drop to a 1.9 total

Ahh, alright. Out of curiosity, where'd you get the quarter hour info?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.58 8-8:15
1.70 8:15-8:30
1.78 8:30-8:45
1.71 8:45-9

1.88 9-9:15
1.30 9:15-9:30
1.42 9:30-9:45
1.16 9:45-10

1.17 10-10:15
1.21 10:15-10:30
1.19 10:30-10:45
1.30 10:45-11

Old 01-05-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
1.58 8-8:15
1.70 8:15-8:30
1.78 8:30-8:45
1.71 8:45-9

1.88 9-9:15
1.30 9:15-9:30
1.42 9:30-9:45
1.16 9:45-10

1.17 10-10:15
1.21 10:15-10:30
1.19 10:30-10:45
1.30 10:45-11
Cool. Is a specific site putting that out?
Old 01-05-2010, 06:34 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Cool. Is a specific site putting that out?
PWInsider Elite, and Gerweck, I believe. I get these off of a forum, though, where anytime theres news, theres a new thread about it.

Old 01-05-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they should have announce the AJ/Angle title match before the show...that would have drawn more viewers
Old 01-05-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earnhardt3maniac.com View Post
Uh... is this a football site or the WWE Universe site? Let's get back to the National Football League please...not the XFL!
Shut up noobie.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by earnhardt3maniac.com View Post
Uh... is this a football site or the WWE Universe site? Let's get back to the National Football League please...not the XFL!
uhhh this is the off topic forum meaning anything can be talked about.you don't like it don't read it
Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Do you work for TNA?

Age can be an overrated aspect, it just depends on what you're asking people to do. Obviously it was a problem in WCW because they were pushing only old guys at the top, and so the company itself had an image of being unathletic and unrealistic.

Having a lot of those guys around isn't a problem simply because they are old, it's because they suck now, or have always sucked. Hogan can be a useful guy to have around depending on how he's used (I personally wasn't a fan of the storyline so far and I think they are building him up more than the current level of interest dictates), Scott Hall is one of my 2-3 favorite guys in the business, but I'm guessing TNA even knows he's probably good for a month at best. Syxx and the Nasty Boys are ****, and I really hope they aren't kept for more than that 1st show. Flair? As a manager, sure. Otherwise, come on, I could kick Flair's ass.
Of course I work for them, why else would I defend the product!

Yes, it was a problem in WCW, and I think thats where the anti age sentiment that people have now comes from. Every Main Eventer they had were in their 40's, and no matter what, they always stayed there and didnt let anyone shatter the glass ceiling.

But all of the older guys in TNA play roles, they dont hog the upper card. Hogan is an authority figure. Hall, Nash, and Pac will be involved with Hogan. The Nasty Boys will probably have a hardcore match with 3D and then be gone, and I doubt that Flair wrestles (judging by the show, id guess he might become a manager to AJ, sort of what he was to HHH in WWE).

I toooootally agree that the Nasty Boys suck. But ill be shocked if theyre around that long at all. Like I said on the last page, I think the storyline, especially with how their names "werent on the list" to get in (same with Hall and Pac, security wouldnt let them in), is that Hogan's buddies are showing up to ride his coattails, while Hogan is out to prove that he is indeed reformed, and telling the truth when he says hes out for the future of TNA. And the nWo and Bischoff will be the ones trying to corrupt him.

Old 01-05-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
they should have announce the AJ/Angle title match before the show...that would have drawn more viewers
Indeed. They should've announced it during Hogan and Bischoff's in ring segment at the top of Hour 2, if not sooner.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Tyson hosting RAW.this could be either really good or a train wreck.now not to the level of Bret but very excited to see what happens with Tyson and RAW
Old 01-05-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I hope CM Punk wins the ECW home coming and he Christian go on to have pretty good feud.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

spoiler from the impact tapings

Old 01-05-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I'm very looking forward to it.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If a certain outcome happens in that match, **** TNA.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

sounds like 2 more big names are heading to TNA.never heard who just they were 2 big names
Old 01-06-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
sounds like 2 more big names are heading to TNA.never heard who just they were 2 big names
Randy Savage and Buff Bagwell maybe?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:58 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Randy Savage and Buff Bagwell maybe?
haha doubtful.I pray one of them is RVD
Old 01-06-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
If a certain outcome happens in that match, **** TNA.
you mean Hogan coming down and screwing Beer Money?or the Outsiders winning in general?btw...odds Scott Hall actually shows up for that match
Old 01-06-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you mean Hogan coming down and screwing Beer Money?or the Outsiders winning in general?btw...odds Scott Hall actually shows up for that match
There's a reason you had to click on that...