Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-15-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rock's best work is done on a mic, not in the ring. They can use him in entertaining ways without being in 'matches'.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
We were spoiled in terms of the talent and the Monday Night Wars. When WCW was around they made WWF get their **** together and put on great shows. WCW had that same type of pressure before they just got really ********. After WCW was bought out there was no pressure to put on a great show, and the WWE knows that its brand will continue to sell well enough no matter what they do. Wrestling is very political, so instead of taking the opportunity of a strong brand to be innovative you have writers and bookers creating storylines without even caring about the end result. WWE needs a strong rival to keep them on their heels. It's too bad TNA is just a giant clusterfuck. I have no idea why they hired the same people who killed WCW.
Exactly. TNA totally screwed the pooch when it came to trying to be the main competitor to WWE. Why not hire Paul Heyman? It's just a moronic move by them and even more moronic to bring in all the old talent from WCW that helped kill it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:20 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Exactly. TNA totally screwed the pooch when it came to trying to be the main competitor to WWE. Why not hire Paul Heyman? It's just a moronic move by them and even more moronic to bring in all the old talent from WCW that helped kill it.
The only reason they haven't hired Heyman is cause we wants to have stock and part ownership and Carters wouldn't want that.

Old 02-15-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
The only reason they haven't hired Heyman is cause we wants to have stock and part ownership and Carters wouldn't want that.

Well, he's right on everything he said in the interview. If TNA wants to be a legitimate contender to the WWE then they will do whatever it takes to bring Heyman in. There is already clear evidence to what he can do when he has full reign of a franchise and his knowledge of the business could really push the WWE just like WCW did a decade ago

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-15-2011, 06:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Well, he's right on everything he said in the interview. If TNA wants to be a legitimate contender to the WWE then they will do whatever it takes to bring Heyman in. There is already clear evidence to what he can do when he has full reign of a franchise and his knowledge of the business could really push the WWE just like WCW did a decade ago
I am not arguing against Heyman's point I am just stating the only reason he isn't in TNA implementing his plans is cause of his request for stock and Ownership.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I only have two problems with wrestling these days. The first is how scripted everything is. It discourages creativity. The second is Ted DiBiase Jr. I hate him.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I only have two problems with wrestling these days. The first is how scripted everything is. It discourages creativity. The second is Ted DiBiase Jr. I hate him.
Maybe it's because I'm overtired, but this made me chuckle quite a bit. But yeah, DiBiase is hella boring.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 01:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
I am not arguing against Heyman's point I am just stating the only reason he isn't in TNA implementing his plans is cause of his request for stock and Ownership.
Understandable but Heyman could really turn TNA into a powerhouse. So give him stock and some ownership and then watch the company become huge.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-16-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heyman had a total monopoly on ECW and they ended up completely broke.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is it possible they use Vickie selling Ziggler out as a possible way of a future Ziggler turn?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. But I have really enjoyed Dibiase being the jabrone the last couple weeks. Getting slapped by his girl and her taking off on him, then King sucker punching him. Plus the week later when he took the clean pin from King. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. I love it when the WWE writers crap on a wrestler, ala Chris Masters.

Ahahaha found the clip. What a buns. Next stop Sunday Night Heat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OM2XfTPQsw

Last edited by Fred Savage : 02-19-2011 at 09:04 AM.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Heyman had a total monopoly on ECW and they ended up completely broke.
ECW died because Paul Heyman had no idea how to run a business (plus TNN really screwed them over). The Rise and Fall of ECW is an awesome dvd i recommend checking out. I think it was Tommy Dreamer or one of the Dudleys who said Paul was ECW's worst enemy and if someone else was in charge of the business operations then it'd still be around today.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
ECW died because Paul Heyman had no idea how to run a business (plus TNN really screwed them over). The Rise and Fall of ECW is an awesome dvd i recommend checking out. I think it was Tommy Dreamer or one of the Dudleys who said Paul was ECW's worst enemy and if someone else was in charge of the business operations then it'd still be around today.
Well if renowned businessmen The Dudley Boys say it, it must be true.

Obviously Heyman didn't know how to run a business, but that's not the only reason why ECW failed. They could never expand beyond their relatively-small base. They were a niche market.

Old 02-19-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Heyman is not the answer. Neither is Russo or Bischoff or Hogan or Cornette. The answer is to find someone who has never been in the creative position and let them go with it. The same way that someone has given Heyman, Russo and Bischoff their first chance a long time ago.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_legend_killer View Post
IMO Heyman is not the answer. Neither is Russo or Bischoff or Hogan or Cornette. The answer is to find someone who has never been in the creative position and let them go with it. The same way that someone has given Heyman, Russo and Bischoff their first chance a long time ago.
Bingo.....

Old 02-19-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

maybe they can give a ROH type guy a shot I mean he cant be any worse then what it is now.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:19 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

Honestly, a guy I'd like to get a shot in some kind of capacity is Mick Foley. He understands excellently about telling a story and wouldn't insult the intellegence of the fans. He got fans emotionally invested as well as anyone and I think he could really work well with some of the TNA talent. Plus, I think he's smart enough to know he doesn't know everything and is the kind of person, I think (I haven't heard anything besides that he is very well respected), that people would get behind and want to work for.
Old 02-19-2011, 05:36 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

What about Me? What about Raven? If we are recommending wrestlers I recommend Raven.
Old 02-19-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Mick Foley and Arn Anderson.

Old 02-19-2011, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great point with Mick Foley. The guy is extremely intelligent and creative, plus he knows the business inside and out.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What about Me? What about Raven? If we are recommending wrestlers I recommend Raven.
I think Raven has already said that he doesn't want to be a booker.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 09:28 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I think Raven has already said that he doesn't want to be a booker.
Where has he said that? Cause I don't think it is true.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miz vs Cena at WM.Gee wonder who the special ref will be in that match lol
Old 02-21-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Miz vs Cena at WM.Gee wonder who the special ref will be in that match lol
The writers phoned in the entire elimination chamber card. Did they honestly think that Trish Stratus' return would save the card? The endings of Cena and the Miz winning were both anticlimactic and predictable. Hopefully the Undertaker's return will inject some life into the proceedings heading into Wrestlemania, but I doubt it.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

2/21/11 countdown is at 59 minutes